Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

Geoff Kilpatrick

Think it's some Facebook initiated thing. Basically just make your profile pic a photo of yourself when you were a bairn.

More pish to ignore then.

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Fitzroy Pointon

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

Think it's some Facebook initiated thing. Basically just make your profile pic a photo of yourself when you were a bairn.

I've not done this but don't find it particularly rage inducing tbh.

The Bill thing and its various parodies though :muggy:

I've not done this but don't find it particularly rage inducing tbh.

It seemed to give a couple of people I know the rage when I commented on their pictures. I guess the truth hurts and the truth was he was hideously fat as a child and she did look a lot like the guitarist from Slade. 

It seemed to give a couple of people I know the rage when I commented on their pictures. I guess the truth hurts and the truth was he was hideously fat as a child and she did look a lot like the guitarist from Slade.

:lol:

The other halfs best pal put one of herself up, I didn't have the heart to tell her that her Googly eyes would have had Stubbsy pissing himself at her :rofl:

some utter cretin tonight that is posting a 'beware, someone is trying to poison dogs in the holyrood park area, police and sspca etc have been informed' followed by 2 photo's of flour route markings from a running club.

Worst thing is that it has been shared nearly 800 times already!

some utter cretin tonight that is posting a 'beware, someone is trying to poison dogs in the holyrood park area, police and sspca etc have been informed' followed by 2 photo's of flour route markings from a running club.

Worst thing is that it has been shared nearly 800 times already!

I saw those as well. Had to work very hard to not point out what the "poison" actually was. Except the version I read was the meadows and one of their friends dogs had to have emergency treatment. Utter bull.

maltese jambo

So you all know that you're moaning about posts from folk you've chose to have on your fb? How about deleting them ? Just an idea

So you all know that you're moaning about posts from folk you've chose to have on your fb? How about deleting them ? Just an idea

Well done genius. Either moan about Facebook or GTF out the thread.

Fitzroy Pointon

Saw one tonight. Picture of a guy with a big mars bar on his face. Says police have asked people to share it on fb to warn the public that there is someone going about car parks who chaps on your window, flashes an ID at you then chibs you. Never seen anything on Reporting Scotland but I guess FB is streets ahead with its news.

Its almost as bad as the story I heard years ago about the guy who slashed girls arses in nighclubs. Strangely that wasnt on the news either.

the "way back when week" on FB has been pretty good actually. Good laugh seeing everyone as a small kid.

the be like Bill posts really do give me the seethe. People are now posting ones with their own name :facepalm: mates and people i generally like posting utter pish.

I am very much a part of the social media generation and it would never enter my head to put something like that on Facebook. It's incredibly demeaning.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that everyone who uses social media is like that.  It was more that amongst our society, there is a large amount digitally illiterate people out there.  One aspect of this is publically bearing your soul to the world, despite there being mechanisms in place to let you do this, but to a select audience.

Sorry, I wasn't meaning that everyone who uses social media is like that.  It was more that amongst our society, there is a large amount digitally illiterate people out there.  One aspect of this is publically bearing your soul to the world, despite there being mechanisms in place to let you do this, but to a select audience.

It's not just their soul's a lot of people share now. I cannot believe the amount of female celebs who think the best way to keep their name in the public eye is to post a suggestive selfie.

I don't think digital illiteracy is the issue there, just a general lack of discretion.

...a bit disco

It's not just their soul's a lot of people share now. I cannot believe the amount of female celebs who think the best way to keep their name in the public eye is to post a suggestive selfie.

Either that or a 'Lesbian Kiss'.

Seems quite popular amongst celeb types these days.

SNOW!

Aye, why do I need people on Facebook to tell me it's snowing when I can see that by going on Kickback? :thumbsup:

Edited by Thaw

Paulie Walnut

Facebook has been ruined by middle aged women and mothers.

Life was good when 'coffee mornings' happened they could leave all their shite at them, not on social media.

Also, just noticed the: I'm beautiful the way I am Challenge now.

Anyone got that?

Two deleted birds with one stone to kill now, thankfully.

Haven't seen that yet.

It would have been much more interesting if it was nominate 10 mothers you think are shite mothers. It's just an excuse to dribble and fawn over photos that have been seen before.

Same with the posts that say 'Ugly Fat Boot' and 'Braindead Arsehole' have been friends on FB for X years. Who cares?

i've been tagged in this about 6 times now... still not participated.  

while i'm partial to a photo overload and a few selfies from time to time, this particular "challenge" feels a little self indulgent really.  at least previous things like make up free & ice bucket etc, people were donating money to a cause.

(well most of us as i'm certain a lot of folk didn't))

Also, just noticed the: I'm beautiful the way I am Challenge now.

Anyone got that?

Two deleted birds with one stone to kill now, thankfully.

Jimmy_McNulty

"I am going to see who really cares. I need a hug or two. I know who will hug me and who will not".

Then if you already know, why the **** are posting this in the first place you dile *****.

"I am going to see who really cares. I need a hug or two. I know who will hug me and who will not".

Then if you already know, why the **** are posting this in the first place you dile *****.

"I know people who care and can talk to, but for no real reason I'm going to guilt trip the rest about a problem they probably know nothing about."

And theres another reason that my Facebook account will be getting ditched soon. My Facebook is actually only going to have me on it after the delete marathon I went on the other night!

And theres another reason that my Facebook account will be getting ditched soon. My Facebook is actually only going to have me on it after the delete marathon I went on the other night!

I could probably delete every person from mine as I tend to use FB to read the news, follow sports and music. I rarely read the inane shite that 'friends' post.

:D :D :D

I've already mentioned it but the selling of pyramid schemes is getting out of hand now. Stop trying to con your friends into buying shit. Stop making posts that were clearly worded by whatever shitty company you are selling for. Stop pretending that selling this shit is life changing and you are now like totally super excited about the future. Oh so you're your own boss and have your own business - then why are you battering on about getting a promotion? WHO GAVE YOU THE PROMOTION? You don't have a sustainable business plan. Haven't you realised that if you are all selling the same thing then there is nobody left to buy it? Eventually people will stop buying this shit from you and the people that you have sucked into your little shit selling world will realise that it's all a load of bollocks and they'll think you're a right bitch.

Edited by Sooperstar

michael_bolton

Utter fuddery.

"Over the years many friendships have simply evolved into acquaintances. I don't like having a large number of friends like I used to for the mere fact life is very different to how it was 12+ years ago. Some people I thought were my "friends" have been deleted , due to various reasons and some I keep because it doesn't matter how much time goes by we connect like we didn't miss a beat . Now, I have chosen the best solution before I do the 2016clear out. I am happy to have you because you are among my best of the best. Now I am going to see who will take the time to read this post until the end. I'm curious to see who takes care of the BOND that I'm trying to create. Thank you for being a part of my life. Copy and paste this onto your page, PLEASE DO NOT 'share'. This is a little test, just to see who reads and those who share only without reading! If you have read everything, select 'like' and then copy and paste into your profile, so I can put a comment 'smile.' To copy just touch the post and when the word copy pops up, touch it and go to your status and tap till it says paste then touch paste!"

A Boy Named Crow

I've already mentioned it but the selling of pyramid schemes is getting out of hand now. Stop trying to con your friends into buying shit. Stop making posts that were clearly worded by whatever shitty company you are selling for. Stop pretending that selling this shit is life changing and you are now like totally super excited about the future. Oh so you're your own boss and have your own business - then why are you battering on about getting a promotion? WHO GAVE YOU THE PROMOTION? You don't have a sustainable business plan. Haven't you realised that if you are all selling the same thing then there is nobody left to buy it? Eventually people will stop buying this shit from you and the people that you have sucked into your little shit selling world will realise that it's all a load of bollocks and they'll think you're a right bitch.

I've not seen this at all, what's the script? Are the these folk basically just selling on other folk's crap, without any of the benefits and protection afforded an rmployee...while believing they are running a business? These people need help!

281b6f0793c1f942c4793edd2f6f856e.jpg

"This is not a pyramid scheme Jim "

Sent from my MotoG3 using Tapatalk

Edited by Ron Swanson

Utter fuddery.

"Over the years many friendships have simply evolved into acquaintances. I don't like having a large number of friends like I used to for the mere fact life is very different to how it was 12+ years ago. Some people I thought were my "friends" have been deleted , due to various reasons and some I keep because it doesn't matter how much time goes by we connect like we didn't miss a beat . Now, I have chosen the best solution before I do the 2016clear out. I am happy to have you because you are among my best of the best. Now I am going to see who will take the time to read this post until the end. I'm curious to see who takes care of the BOND that I'm trying to create. Thank you for being a part of my life. Copy and paste this onto your page, PLEASE DO NOT 'share'. This is a little test, just to see who reads and those who share only without reading! If you have read everything, select 'like' and then copy and paste into your profile, so I can put a comment 'smile.' To copy just touch the post and when the word copy pops up, touch it and go to your status and tap till it says paste then touch paste!"

Aye, make-up, weight loss stuff, aloe Vera gel products. The only people making real money from it are the company themselves and the folk who have persuaded hundreds of others to sell it as part of their 'network'.

I've not seen this at all, what's the script? Are the these folk basically just selling on other folk's crap, without any of the benefits and protection afforded an rmployee...while believing they are running a business? These people need help!

It's shit like Herbalife. I had someone on my timeline hawking one of the other company's crao for a while. Lots of posts about how she loves her job and all that nonsense. Stopped a while back so I'm assuming she lost her cash and got out.

Utter fuddery.

"Over the years many friendships have simply evolved into acquaintances. I don't like having a large number of friends like I used to for the mere fact life is very different to how it was 12+ years ago. Some people I thought were my "friends" have been deleted , due to various reasons and some I keep because it doesn't matter how much time goes by we connect like we didn't miss a beat . Now, I have chosen the best solution before I do the 2016clear out. I am happy to have you because you are among my best of the best. Now I am going to see who will take the time to read this post until the end. I'm curious to see who takes care of the BOND that I'm trying to create. Thank you for being a part of my life. Copy and paste this onto your page, PLEASE DO NOT 'share'. This is a little test, just to see who reads and those who share only without reading! If you have read everything, select 'like' and then copy and paste into your profile, so I can put a comment 'smile.' To copy just touch the post and when the word copy pops up, touch it and go to your status and tap till it says paste then touch paste!"

LGsoI7F.gif

and coming out with shit like this several times a day

My job is to uplift, empower and validate women to become amazing at their online business they never need to go back to "work" again!

and this  :toilet:

I hear this quite often "i want to but I'm just not a salesperson" great me neither ... I just share what I love 

1. You shared a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks ? and that caused friends to go try one for themselves . ..... SOLD
2.you posted a picture of a delicious meal from a local restaurants and that caused some of your friends to go there and try it. SOLD!!
3. You shared the cutest baby boutique and all your mummy friends rushed onto the Web browser to buy their bits.. SOLD!!
4. You posted a selfie wearing the most stunning lip colour  and that caused your besties to run out and buy it . SOLD!! 
The only difference is you didn't get paid for those referrals . 
Starbucks did
The restaurant did
The baby boutique did  
Mac did

How about sharing about amazing products that really work and get paid for it ..... you really deserve it

Message me or comment below and al tell you how .....

Better remember to put happy Valentine's Day on the wife's Facebook page. I didn't do it last year and she took a strop. Big bunch of flowers,box of chocolates and breakfast in bed but I didn't say anything on Facebook so I'm worse than Hitler.

Bursds really shouldn't be allowed FB :muggy: