Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

"Someone" is interested in attending an event "near" you notifications

1) someone has been hidden so i dont see status etc so why am i getting this

2) the event is miles away from me thats poppycock to say its near me

3) surely show on my feed why oh why are u making me check my notifications as if it effects me.

Wish i knew how to turn it off. Stupid setting

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Fitzroy Pointon

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

Better call Saul

3) surely show on my feed why oh why are u making me check my notifications as if it effects me.

:spoton:  :spoton: 

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

This really gets my goat as well

Hibbys who can't sleep and are all excited about some wee cup final today.

Hope the Staggies shag them till their spleens rupture, welts.

Does my head in too. I have a friend who's a vegan. I get notifications about all her random vegan events. I'm a massive carnivore, I really would not be interested in a vegan fete or festival.......ever!

Heres Rixxy

Hibbys who can't sleep and are all excited about some wee cup final today.

Hope the Staggies shag them till their spleens rupture, welts.

You can enjoy it now.

Fitzroy Pointon

Had someone this morning talking about getting the BBQ out at the weekend.  I kid you not.  

"How many zeros do you see?"  86.4% of people get this wrong.

Then one of your 'mates' counts them and comments with their answer?  What the actual F?!

"How many zeros do you see?"  86.4% of people get this wrong.

Then one of your 'mates' counts them and comments with their answer?  What the actual F?!

These grind my gears.

Also seen them with some really basic, primary school level maths puzzle with "Get this right and you're a genius", and loads of goons answering it thinking they are Einstein.

These grind my gears.

Also seen them with some really basic, primary school level maths puzzle with "Get this right and you're a genius", and loads of goons answering it thinking they are Einstein.

Count the squares - only 0.073% of the population can get this right.

People who write of instead of have.

As in "I should of paid attention at school"

A real pet hate of mine. It probably annoys me more than it should.

Guy next door to me was BBQ'ing yesterday. I kid you not.

First time I'd seen him since he'd moved in over 3 months ago.

Gothic long-haired type.

Felt a bit like Tom Hanks in The Burbs, wondering what, or who he was cooking while outside in 6 degree temperatures.

That's the act of a hero.

A real pet hate of HAVE mine. It probably annoys me more than it should.

;)

Just sorting out that pet hate of have yours :)

Edited by Armageddon

Cyprus Jambo

Guy next door to me was BBQ'ing yesterday. I kid you not.

First time I'd seen him since he'd moved in over 3 months ago.

Gothic long-haired type.

Felt a bit like Tom Hanks in The Burbs, wondering what, or who he was cooking while outside in 6 degree temperatures.

What's that got to do with annoying things on facebook!!!!!! :uhoh2:

Edited by Cyprus Jambo

The advert on TV for that ****ing Frozen thing (Frozen Live or something equally as shite).

His pronunciation of the name Anna is infuriating.

**** off.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

People posting engagement shoots which is basically usually a way their wedding photgrapher scams a bit more cash out of them, is a bit cringeworthy...

But someone a know just posted a maternity shoot..her and husband walking on the beach, posing with her bump etc

1000 x :cornette:

dear god i thought it was just me... that drives me nuts.  not FB annoying though.

The advert on TV for that ******* Frozen thing (Frozen Live or something equally as shite).

**** off.

younique (AGAIN)  think there are another 4 girls on my feed now selling this stuff.  i'm going to have to have a mass cull or i'm going to hunt one of them down, rip their head off and ram the frickin mascara tubes down their throat!  (one in particular who now thinks she's some superstar make up artist when she struggles to not get mascara all over her face! arrrggghhhh)

Edited by Beverley

dear god i thought it was just me... that drives me nuts. not FB annoying though.

younique (AGAIN) think there are another 4 girls on my feed now selling this stuff. i'm going to have to have a mass cull or i'm going to hunt one of them down, rip their head off and ram the frickin mascara tubes down their throat! (one in particular who now thinks she's some superstar make up artist when she struggles to not get mascara all over her face! arrrggghhhh)

You can unfollow them. You stay friends with them but nothing they post comes up on your feed. That's what I've done with all the forever living and younique folk and Facebook is a better place for it.

Fitzroy Pointon

The advert on TV for that ******* Frozen thing (Frozen Live or something equally as shite).

**** off.

That really annoys me as well.  My daughter has called her "Onna" for a while, which makes me think the guy is right in his pronounciation.  Doesn't make it any less infuriating though.  

Hartleys_Jam_Tart

Girls posing for pictures, all standing to the one side with their hands on their waste. Not really 'capturing the moment' when it's that staged!

yes i've done that with most of them, only have one left who i do like to help out and will link mates to her.  this is folk who have just started without warning, so i've not had the time/chance to unfollow.  i have done it now though.

You can unfollow them. You stay friends with them but nothing they post comes up on your feed. That's what I've done with all the forever living and younique folk and Facebook is a better place for it.

Girls posing for pictures, all standing to the one side with their hands on their waste. Not really 'capturing the moment' when it's that staged!

The teapot pose

"How many zeros do you see?" 86.4% of people get this wrong.

Then one of your 'mates' counts them and comments with their answer? What the actual F?!

"Bet you can't name a film beginning with the letter W."

**** right off.

GlasgoJambo

**** right off.

Some good replies but the correct answer is Weekend At Bernies Edited by GlasgoJambo

**** right off.

There's a film called **** right off?

Your knowledge of the adult section is better than mine.

Folk who are not Irish posting about celebrating St Patrick's Day.

You mean Guinness day? The whole world fooled into thinking it's an important day as part of a global marketing campaign.

On the bright side you get to see lots of people drinking something they can't stand the taste of to try and look cool.

I admit I'm a bad person, but I was probably less saddened by the news that my father's cousin had died suddenly, than irritated by one of his other cousins (not his sibling) promptly changing her profile picture to a photo of the deceased.

Edited by Thaw

I admit I'm a bad person, but I was probably less saddened by the news that my father's cousin had died suddenly, than irritated by one of his other cousins (not his sibling) promptly changing her profile picture to a photo of the deceased.

In the coffin or the mortuary?

Any post that starts with

"I can't believe...."

Or

"Feeling....."

Or

"Date night"

All of these are indicators of arseholes.

What next? Should I start posting "Just watched Keep Fit Australia....time for a wank".

I've a lass on mine today posting inspirational posters of the moon and stars / galaxy coupled with quotes such as 'What's meant to be, will always find a way" and "What's for you, won't go past you". Obviously she has included her own two words to go with said posters, "So true"

The reason? She's just bagged herself a secretary job with the council.

:facepalm:

I've a lass on mine today posting inspirational posters of the moon and stars / galaxy coupled with quotes such as 'What's meant to be, will always find a way" and "What's for you, won't go past you". Obviously she has included her own two words to go with said posters, "So true"

The reason? She's just bagged herself a secretary job with the council.

:facepalm:

"What's for you won't go past you"

I hate folk that say that....no wait....I despise folk that say that.

Fitzroy Pointon

"I can't believe what I'm reading in today's paper...Cabdury,s are banning the word Easter on their eggs in case it offends other religions. Omg ,I'm a Christian ,we are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. If we went to their countries I am damn sure they wouldn't give up their religion for us. Why are we just laying down without a bloody fight. If it offends them, then don't come. This Is a Christian country, if you don't like it DONT BLOODY COME. Fuming with Cadbury,s I won't be buying their eggs again"

She should start by not buying sh*te newspapers again.  

12804868_10204869387854514_3294292455514

dear god i thought it was just me... that drives me nuts.  not FB annoying though.

Apologies, I thought I was on the seethe thread :lol:

Anna :seething:

GlasgoJambo

"I can't believe what I'm reading in today's paper...Cabdury,s are banning the word Easter on their eggs in case it offends other religions. Omg ,I'm a Christian ,we are celebrating the resurrection of Jesus. If we went to their countries I am damn sure they wouldn't give up their religion for us. Why are we just laying down without a bloody fight. If it offends them, then don't come. This Is a Christian country, if you don't like it DONT BLOODY COME. Fuming with Cadbury,s I won't be buying their eggs again"

She should start by not buying sh*te newspapers again.

12804868_10204869387854514_3294292455514

Sickening disregard for the resurrection. Jesus must be turning in his grave.

seen the easter egg thing all over today.  folk really need to simmer down!  it pops up every year now

Edited by Beverley

Fitzroy Pointon

#poutforpaige#

Girls taking pictures of themselves pouting in "memory" of the girl murdered in Clydebank.

In the past few days this poor girls death has been blown into a social media circus. Even within hours of her body being found her mum had posted on FB.

Makes me feel sick.

Women constantly rattling out the same joke about copious consumption of wine.

"Anyone like this cement mixer at theirs?"

(Cement mixer says wine on its side)

"My new wine glass!"

(Standing next to oversized wine glass sculpture)

"Saw this and thought of you!"

(Standing next to oversized bottle of prosecco)

"Fancy a swim"

(Photo shopped picture of swimming pool apparently full of wine)

We get it. You like wine. You're hideous to be around when you're drunk on it. Which is every weekend, bank holiday and half day you get...but still you won't stumble into oncoming traffic.