Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

Click baits do my head in.

'Star Barcelona man set to join premier league superstars'

You click the link and Barca's kitman has joined West Brom

I'm with you. 

These sorts of pages used to be quite good at the beginning. They would show clips of great shots or brilliant putts etc from all sorts of sports. 

Unfollowed all of them now since the click bait nonsense has started - "YOU WON'T BELIEVE WHAT WAYNE ROONEY DID IN TRAINING IT'S THE MOST OUTRAGEOUS THING EVER" 

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Fitzroy Pointon

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

Saw someone ask advice on which cleaner to employ with the hashtag #middleclassproblems

Immediately thought of this thread.

indianajones

I'M A VEGAN, LOOK AT THIS YUMMY VEGAN FOOD, I'M SUCH A BETTER PERSON FOR BEING VEGAN, ANIMALS, YA'LL STOP EATING MEAT, VEGAN.

Good for you.

I'M A VEGAN, LOOK AT THIS YUMMY VEGAN FOOD, I'M SUCH A BETTER PERSON FOR BEING VEGAN, ANIMALS, YA'LL STOP EATING MEAT, VEGAN.

Good for you.

Classic denial of the fact that Vegan food tastes like utter shite, but they've now committed to being a vegan so they can never go back or they're a quitter.

Vegans are ****ing stupid :rofl:

I am so sick and tired of the it works and younique marketing pish. I have a couple of friends doing those so out of being nice I'm in their groups but I get tagged left right and centre. Thankfully a wee unfollow they're none the wiser but it drives me mad. It works...aye ok wraps will make you a size zero in 8 weeks sure. Wanna lose weight? Eat less, exercise, drink more water and less booze...

Younique mascara more than twice the price od the one I use and get better results out of. Seriously ?27 for mascara? Bolt hen

Edited by Beverley

• 2 weeks later...

Currently reside in a snowy environment. See the utter cretins that drive their motors with 6ft of snow on the roof, windows frosted over and just a tiny wee bit to see out the front windscreen... Shaking with rage.

Not to even start on folk who stop to put chains on when it snows... But the roads are still grey. Sickening.

...a bit disco

Bill

Bill's alright.

Pulling arseholes up for duck face selfies and posting pictures of  the weather. 

One of the good guys he was.

Bill's alright.

Pulling arseholes up for duck face selfies and posting pictures of the weather.

One of the good guys he was.

:spoton:

Currently reside in a snowy environment. See the utter cretins that drive their motors with 6ft of snow on the roof, windows frosted over and just a tiny wee bit to see out the front windscreen... Shaking with rage.

Not to even start on folk who stop to put chains on when it snows... But the roads are still grey. Sickening.

And they post photos from inside the car on Facebook, right?

Jimmy_McNulty

Photos that have Imperial At-Ats in the background (like the scene from Hoth in Empire Strikes Back). Wanks.

:vrface:

Posted last night under the influence thinking it was the seething thread.

:facepalm:

It's Wayback Week

**** off

just, **** off!

Ah, is that what all this shite is?

Also Bill being posted by the type of people that post the shite he is against.

wayback week?  is this why people are posting baby pics and such?  don't mind seeing those to be honest but did wonder why so many were doing it.

bill and the associated "takes" on it are irritating me though

wayback week?  is this why people are posting baby pics and such?  don't mind seeing those to be honest but did wonder why so many were doing it.

bill and the associated "takes" on it are irritating me though

Aye, page is full of it.

Fitzroy Pointon

Worst one I've seen yet.

1488643_688469644628648_5305011769089065

Jill most definitely has an alcohol problem.

Don't be like Jill. 

adambraejambo

Ok a friend on my facebook posted this morning that her grandad would have been 100 today if he was still alive

usual posts follow from female friends, ill pm you, you ok , thinking about you blah blah

male friend asks her when did he pass away, she replies 36 yrs ago !!! wtf

Sexton Hardcastle

Question about photos of bairns already answered.

Attention seeking *****.

Edited by Sexton Hardcastle

Ok a friend on my facebook posted this morning that her grandad would have been 100 today if he was still alive

usual posts follow from female friends, ill pm you, you ok , thinking about you blah blah

You have no heart. My grand great grandfather would have been 175 today. Now how do you feel?

Really doesn't sit well with me when people post about a relative dying, particularly if it's on the same day. If it's a few days after and they're announcing when the funeral will be/telling their friends about it then that's not so bad. It seems like major sympathy fishing for me.

Puts it all into perspective.

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo

You have no heart. My grand great grandfather would have been 175 today. Now how do you feel?

Little baby jeebus would have been 2015 last month.

Really doesn't sit well with me when people post about a relative dying, particularly if it's on the same day. If it's a few days after and they're announcing when the funeral will be/telling their friends about it then that's not so bad. It seems like major sympathy fishing for me.

I get where you are coming from, but I think that, sad to say, our culture is such these days that people see this is a legitimate way to air their emotions.  As crass as it may seem to some of us.

Craig Gordons Gloves

I get where you are coming from, but I think that, sad to say, our culture is such these days that people see this is a legitimate way to air their emotions.  As crass as it may seem to some of us.

What annoys me more is when people post messages on FB to someone who has just had someone close die.  Great example last week, the husband of a girl i worked with for a few years died of a heart attack at just 33, there was nothing at all on FB etc from the poor widow as you would hope but loads of people posting "so sorry for your loss, my heart is breaking etc" - sympathy and empathy is all well and good - but effin text her or pm her, you don't need to show the world that you're being sympathetic. 

There's a bird on my Facebook that hashtags everything. I have nothing against hashtags on Twitter but on Facebook, no.

Also these things are ridiculous. They are basically just hashtagged sentences with no spaces. example:

#itsnotthebigthingsbutthesmallthingsinlifethatmakeitworthliving

#couldnotimaginenotbeingamummymykidsareeverything

Weirdo behavior. 

Got someone well had on Facebook who everyday since start of year putting pictures up of her being at the gym, taking photos of what she's eating, how she made it and what ingredients used.

Shit loads of hashtags anaw. #diarydiet #day12 #iwillbethin

**** no one cares fatty.

There's a bird on my Facebook that hashtags everything. I have nothing against hashtags on Twitter but on Facebook, no.

Also these things are ridiculous. They are basically just hashtagged sentences with no spaces. example:

#itsnotthebigthingsbutthesmallthingsinlifethatmakeitworthliving

#couldnotimaginenotbeingamummymykidsareeverything

Weirdo behavior. 

I enjoy a hashtag along those lines but it has to be nonsense or funny. Agree with you about the balloons that hashtag everything they #write

Not on it, never wanted to be on it, and because of this thread I never WILL be on it.

Has it any redeeming factors because it seems more trouble than its worth ?

Good for sharing photos and arranging stuff via group messages.

Not on it, never wanted to be on it, and because of this thread I never WILL be on it.

Its great if you ignore all the pish.

Craig Gordons Gloves

For all the crap that makes me seethe, there is more that is enjoyable.  Keeping up with lots of people back home for example or just random conversations such as the one i ended up having with 3 or 4 friends last night about Top Gun.  Similarly, we're involved in a fight to keep our kids school open and given the administration's blatant non-communication it's been a good place to talk to others in the same boat, organize things etc. 

I must have mentioned this before but:

People who write Happy Birthday posts to their friends. But not on that persons page, no no no, how would they get attention that way. What they do instead is write their own post and tag the friend in it, so you end up with:

"Happy Birthday to my bestie 4 lyf *insert brain dead cow here*. Couldn't live without you chick, have a wonderful day xxx"

This is desperately trying to gain attention by clinging on to the back of something that has absolutely **** all to do with you, and it drives me absolutely insane.

If you're really going to do a Facebook post, do it on their wall you attention seeking boot.

I get where you are coming from, but I think that, sad to say, our culture is such these days that people see this is a legitimate way to air their emotions. As crass as it may seem to some of us.

I am very much a part of the social media generation and it would never enter my head to put something like that on Facebook. It's incredibly demeaning.

Facebook is brilliant, if you can ignore all the bullshite involved that is. Tonight for example, a mate I've not seen since I was 17 posted photos from our teenage days. I love it when I see these memories online.

Steve_Jersey_HMFC

The be like bill and all the spin offs has been done to death, becoming really shite chat

People changing profile pics to them as kids a lot at the moment :cornette:

Another thing I noticed the other day was when someone posted something like "so happy that my wonderful friend's news is public knowledge now..." Seen this a few times when someone announces an engagement/pregnancy on facebook you see someone put an attention seeking post like this to tell everyone they knew already cos theyre a better pal :facepalm:

The be like bill and all the spin offs has been done to death, becoming really shite chat

Another thing I noticed the other day was when someone posted something like "so happy that my wonderful friend's news is public knowledge now..." Seen this a few times when someone announces an engagement/pregnancy on facebook you see someone put an attention seeking post like this to tell everyone they knew already cos theyre a better pal :facepalm:

I put a comment up having a dig at those changing their profile photo to them as a kid. Someone came back and called me a spoilsport. Cringeworthy stuff.

Totally agree with the 'oh my god I'm so glad I don't have to keep this a secret anymore' type post.

The photos as kids I think are fine.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Totally agree with the 'oh my god I'm so glad I don't have to keep this a secret anymore' type post.

The photos as kids I think are fine.

What's the photos as kids thing all about anyway?

What's the photos as kids thing all about anyway?

Think it's some Facebook initiated thing. Basically just make your profile pic a photo of yourself when you were a bairn.