Heres Rixxy

Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

sadj
Posted (edited)

The fakeness of it annoys me though. We have the perfect life. No ya don’t hen , yer bloke ****s about and the reason you are away on holidays every 5minutes is hes punting lines tae the wee lassies hes pumping. A lad I know up here pretends to be a PT and in love wi his gf who he cheats on constantly. He’s just engaged to her and all ya see on social media is - omg you are so perfect together , him going omg i love you and her going omg you are so special there is no one like you. 🙄

sums social media up to me

Edited by sadj

FruitJuice

When someone is selling something on one of the local classified pages and a couple of people click like.  They must think by clicking like that it is going to help sell it.  If you like it, ****ing buy it. 

iantjambo
29 minutes ago, FruitJuice said:

When someone is selling something on one of the local classified pages and a couple of people click like.  They must think by clicking like that it is going to help sell it.  If you like it, ****ing buy it. 

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of people who allow themselves to get ripped off on FB.

They buy things from people and send them full payment even though they’re putting their trust in a complete stranger. They then moan like **** because Barry from Gateshead promised to deliver the bike that they paid £100 upfront for and now he’s not answering their messages.

Demand that it’s payment on delivery ya plum!

FruitJuice
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

It never ceases to amaze me, the amount of people who allow themselves to get ripped off on FB.

They buy things from people and send them full payment even though they’re putting their trust in a complete stranger. They then moan like **** because Barry from Gateshead promised to deliver the bike that they paid £100 upfront for and now he’s not answering their messages.

Demand that it’s payment on delivery ya plum!

I live ruraly and the brass neck of some of them when putting a price on second hand things   they'll have bought something for £100 2 years ago and want 80 for it   I'll just buy new.  Though these west coast celts will do anything for a couple if pound   do you know that the Gaelic alphabet only has nineteen letters in it? There is no XJKYZQ  they sold them to Poland for a carry out.  Greedy teuchter swines...

Del Monty
8 hours ago, sadj said:

The fakeness of it annoys me though. We have the perfect life. No ya don’t hen , yer bloke ****s about and the reason you are away on holidays every 5minutes is hes punting lines tae the wee lassies hes pumping. A lad I know up here pretends to be a PT and in love wi his gf who he cheats on constantly. He’s just engaged to her and all ya see on social media is - omg you are so perfect together , him going omg i love you and her going omg you are so special there is no one like you. 🙄

You seem angry mate. Are you OK?

sadj
56 minutes ago, Del Monty said:

You seem angry mate. Are you OK?

I’m perfectly fine , just don’t like that kinda shit. Social Media is false but when people peddle that falseness to make money etc or that falseness causes others to question themselves its not right. 

G.Wright

Exactly this. The falseness winds me right up. I'm not sure who they are trying to convince, that they have an amazing life, themselves or others. I had a break from social media earlier on in the year, reluctantly returned as I was missing all sorts of information regarding my daughters classes and school. It's a nessecery evil for me. 

Ferris Bueller
36 minutes ago, G.Wright said:

I was missing all sorts of information regarding my daughters classes and school. It's a nessecery evil for me. 

This is where I am. 

jack D and coke
1 hour ago, G.Wright said:

Exactly this. The falseness winds me right up. I'm not sure who they are trying to convince, that they have an amazing life, themselves or others. I had a break from social media earlier on in the year, reluctantly returned as I was missing all sorts of information regarding my daughters classes and school. It's a nessecery evil for me. 

I deleted Facebook etc from my phone. I still have them but on the iPad so only really have a look in evenings now. Saves me wasting so much time reading people’s shit all day long now. 
What I don’t like is they inventing all these new notifications just to make make you open the app and look and it’s even more nonsense than before. Just randomly starts telling you some twat has added to their tragic stories or whatever. 

TheOak88
18 hours ago, sadj said:

With regard to the people that you claim are “false”. If it upsets you wouldn’t the easiest solution be to “unfriend” them? 

Seems like a fairly straightforward fix, unless I am missing something?

Salad Fingers

I've made a resolution to spend far less time scrolling through FB and start reading more at nights.  I found myself over the holidays picking up my phone scrolling through it and seeing the exact same stuff I had seen an hour before.  Total waste of time.  I would delete it but there is a couple of groups that really interest me on it.  

Mauricio Pinilla

Isn't facebook mainly for the elderly now?

Tazio
2 minutes ago, Mauricio Pinilla said:

Isn't facebook mainly for the elderly now?

And African football experts if you follow any of the sports feeds. 

sadj
1 hour ago, TheOak88 said:

With regard to the people that you claim are “false”. If it upsets you wouldn’t the easiest solution be to “unfriend” them? 

Seems like a fairly straightforward fix, unless I am missing something?

im talking social media in general , i dont use my fb very often. It doesn’t upset me either. Many people do however see all this fake stuff on social media and think **** i dont have that when in actual fact these people dont really have this perfect life they portray. 

TheOak88
3 minutes ago, sadj said:

im talking social media in general , i dont use my fb very often. It doesn’t upset me either. Many people do however see all this fake stuff on social media and think **** i dont have that when in actual fact these people dont really have this perfect life they portray. 

Ah right, I thought you were talking about yourself rather than FB in general. 

Some people are always going to make out their life is a bit more lavish and exciting than it actually is. Even before FB/Instagram I remember people doing that, it was just that they had to tell people in person rather than post it on platforms. 

You just have to be able to recognise people like this and take the things they say with a pinch of salt. 

sadj
9 minutes ago, TheOak88 said:

Ah right, I thought you were talking about yourself rather than FB in general. 

Some people are always going to make out their life is a bit more lavish and exciting than it actually is. Even before FB/Instagram I remember people doing that, it was just that they had to tell people in person rather than post it on platforms. 

You just have to be able to recognise people like this and take the things they say with a pinch of salt. 

very much so , i think however with society as it is and how much little things can affect peoples mental state its one of the worst things. As you said before the embellishment was in person and it wasn’t in your face the same. The visualisation of it through some peoples social media makes it more though provoking as such and therefore has a more detrimental effect on some. Its amazing the clarity and happiness you can get just switching off to social media when you are feeling down or struggling with your own self worth. Unfortunately for many its very difficult to do. 

Gerd Muller

I only use Facebook for groups now. Deleted everyone apart from close friends and family. I just wish I'd done it sooner. 

jack D and coke
20 minutes ago, Gerd Muller said:

I only use Facebook for groups now. Deleted everyone apart from close friends and family. I just wish I'd done it sooner. 

It’s good for stuff like that.
It’s the amount of advertising on it now plus having to look at certain peoples invented fantasy life, pictures of their brats, what they eat every ****ing night who then ignore you in Tesco. 
It’s weird. 

Nucky Thompson

I don't have Facebook. My life is so much more fulfilled and I don't have pretend to be better than everyone else  :P

jake

Loving the declaration of a clear out of friends.

I've got over a 1000 friends they say but most of them never like my posts or comment so I'm having a clear out.

It's a joy to watch the arseholery of it all.

Gerd Muller

My mate has completely came off every single thing like messenger, WhatsApp etc. Can only contact him by text. Sent 3 old photos by text and it was 30p per photo! Normally pay £10 bill and it was £10.90! Told him to get back online cos its cheaper! Gonna be 5g soon. 

Edited by Gerd Muller

jamtartan74

Am I the only person not to ever have had a Facebook? I can’t be arsed with all the drama social media brings, I created a Twitter account at the beginning and never use it, this place is the only social media I use, never had snapchat instagram nothing like that, I guess I’m just a boring get, wouldn’t change it though 😁

Joey J J Jr Shabadoo
7 hours ago, Gerd Muller said:

My mate has completely came off every single thing like messenger, WhatsApp etc. Can only contact him by text. Sent 3 old photos by text and it was 30p per photo! Normally pay £10 bill and it was £10.90! Told him to get back online cos its cheaper! Gonna be 5g soon. 

Can you not e-mail him?

theshed
6 hours ago, jamtartan74 said:

Am I the only person not to ever have had a Facebook? I can’t be arsed with all the drama social media brings, I created a Twitter account at the beginning and never use it, this place is the only social media I use, never had snapchat instagram nothing like that, I guess I’m just a boring get, wouldn’t change it though 😁

I’ve never had it, my ex once told me that if you’re not on Facebook you have something to hide 

jamtartan74
1 hour ago, theshed said:

I’ve never had it, my ex once told me that if you’re not on Facebook you have something to hide 

😂 your ex is talking rubbish, or is she...? Lol. I would just rather keep my life private rather than plastering my every movement online for anyone to snoop, or be the one doing the snooping, my partner has it and she’s forever taking about this ones done that this ones doing that blah blah blah who cares lol yawn 🥱. 

theshed
32 minutes ago, jamtartan74 said:

😂 your ex is talking rubbish, or is she...? Lol. I would just rather keep my life private rather than plastering my every movement online for anyone to snoop, or be the one doing the snooping, my partner has it and she’s forever taking about this ones done that this ones doing that blah blah blah who cares lol yawn 🥱. 

Ive nothing till hide but after we got together her friend went on Facebook obviously to find out about me and when she couldn’t find me she said that I must have another women or have a bad history 😂😂

I told her it was more to do with that I didn’t want to know what people were having for tea or what amazing places they were visiting and how great their life is 

I’ve got a good job and great lifestyle but I don’t see the need to publicise it as I’m a private person... Granted I will text mates when I’m somewhere hot and it’s raining back home as a look at me but that’s about it 

There’s one girl I work beside who’s been having an affair and she thinks it’s top secret when really everyone knows. 
Anyway I was shown her posts on Facebook from Xmas time when she was so lucky to be with her rock at Xmas time IE her husband 

jamtartan74
24 minutes ago, theshed said:

Ive nothing till hide but after we got together her friend went on Facebook obviously to find out about me and when she couldn’t find me she said that I must have another women or have a bad history 😂😂

I told her it was more to do with that I didn’t want to know what people were having for tea or what amazing places they were visiting and how great their life is 

I’ve got a good job and great lifestyle but I don’t see the need to publicise it as I’m a private person... Granted I will text mates when I’m somewhere hot and it’s raining back home as a look at me but that’s about it 

There’s one girl I work beside who’s been having an affair and she thinks it’s top secret when really everyone knows. 
Anyway I was shown her posts on Facebook from Xmas time when she was so lucky to be with her rock at Xmas time IE her husband 

Exactly mate I’m the same I’m happy without it so no need to change that now, it’s nothing but drama anyway. 

Der Kaiser

Sponsor my zip slide.

Sponsor my run.

Sponsor my trip to Kilimanjaro. 

Sponsor me to do an activity I enjoy so I can do it for no cost to myself but raise money for charity.

Can these people just go and **** themselves?

I'd only donate if I felt it increased the likelihood of those folk dying during the activity. Here's £10...I sponsor you to run across the bypass blindfolded dressed like a dinosaur you utter cant.

I saw a go fund me which was to raise money so some lassie in Vietnam can go on a holiday to see snow for the first time??

Der Kaiser

Coronavirus. 

It's made everyone on Facebook suddenly think they're great storytellers.

Pennywise

The Daz & Shaz saga has taken MANY twists & turns recently. 

Screenshot_20200405_222028_com.facebook.katana.jpg

trotter
4 hours ago, Pennywise said:

That also highlights another weird bit of FB behaviour... namely, liking your own posts. 

iantjambo
4 hours ago, trotter said:

That also highlights another weird bit of FB behaviour... namely, liking your own posts. 

I think it was one of the traits that got him on this thread in the first place. He used to post selfies of himself and then like them.

Salad Fingers
8 hours ago, Pennywise said:

Tatum :wow:

Der Kaiser

Named after Boxing legend Drederick Tatum I presume......

Ribble

My work has just brought out yammer, social media for the workplace and it's still full of arseholes posting pictures of their dinner ffs

Dino Velvet
31 minutes ago, Ribble said:

My work has just brought out yammer, social media for the workplace and it's still full of arseholes posting pictures of their dinner ffs

My work has yammer too. It’s shite 

BarneyBattles
On 06/02/2020 at 00:56, jamtartan74 said:

I'm exactly the same. 

superjack
2 hours ago, Dino Velvet said:

My work has yammer too. It’s shite 

Mine has also just started on yammer,  looks shite.

Thommo414

Ah Yammer. Every time our CEO posts, there’s usually about a thousand comments telling him to ram it.

Its almost like people think being a tit is the way to get things 

Ferris Bueller

Facebook friend posted a live feed from his house singing and playing music thought he was some sort of Fekkn superstar. 

Ribble
9 hours ago, Thommo414 said:

Ah Yammer. Every time our CEO posts, there’s usually about a thousand comments telling him to ram it.

Its almost like people think being a tit is the way to get things 

2 options on how to reply, either agree and be a suck up or disagree and wreck your career, best avoided in all honesty.