Annoying Facebook behaviour part 251

Heres Rixxy

:facepalm:

There's an irony that you had to edit a post that just contained a facepalm. ;)

Should I just stick to the fake "My uncle used to touch me up" stories?

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• iantjambo

• Салатные палочки

• peter_hmfc

• Sooperstar

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nah, I changed my mind in terms of continuing how daft the idea was. These arseholes need put down.

JudyJudyJudy

It was gay pride day here today and anything that let's people know they are not alone is OK with me.Its s

Its similar to the awful " bucket " challenge last year when people did " their bit " for charity but Bloody well made sure that everyone knew what they were doing and wanted some kudos for it ,,,its a phenomena  called " slacktivism" ...   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism

I support gay rights . gay marrraige etc but didnt feel the need to splash it over my facebook, People who know me , my real friends know i do. 

Nookie Bear

Its similar to the awful " bucket " challenge last year when people did " their bit " for charity but Bloody well made sure that everyone knew what they were doing and wanted some kudos for it ,,,its a phenomena  called " slacktivism" ...   

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slacktivism

I support gay rights . gay marrraige etc but didnt feel the need to splash it over my facebook, People who know me , my real friends know i do. 

:oohmatron:

i changed mine to a rainbow overlay simply cos of the american vote, pride and the anniversary of the stonewall riots.  however given the company i keep and the work i've been involved in forever, nice to show a bit of solidarity with my mates.  i usually have a rainbow flag or such show on my profile at that time so nowt new from me

changed it back though this morning

i sort of do agree in the main with bandwagons though, but it never proper bothers me

An ex work mate of mine lost her father just the other day - sad as it may be she spent the entire 2 days following, posting pics of her niece and her dad and several posts along the lines of 'i'm so heartbroken, I've lost my king' etc.  

I post my fair share on facebook, mainly fishing for bites or telling everyone how hungover I am but as sad as the situation is, that's too far for me.  Attention seeking at a time like that is just poor patter.

Craig Gordons Gloves

The most annoying facebook behavior is by facebook itself.  I want to see most recent things, posts by all my friends and that's about it.  I don't want to see stories i've already seen yesterday, i don't care if one of my mates has commented on a post by someone i don't know and i don't want to see just a selection of what my friends have posted as decided by facebook. 

Tommy Brown

They better not be fake!!!

Der Kaiser

"I can't believe (insert child's name) is leaving (insert educational establishment).....where does the time go?"....said every female on Facebook with a child leaving nursery or primary school this week.

JudyJudyJudy

"I can't believe (insert child's name) is leaving (insert educational establishment).....where does the time go?"....said every female on Facebook with a child leaving nursery or primary school this week.

OH yeah thats annoying. Another one is " thats the wee one had his / her first dry night without a nappy " ......FFS   and thats called news ? lol I often put this pic on my FB to give those parents a sharp shock : 

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=goonies+sloth&rlz=1C1CHWA_enGB627GB629&espv=2&biw=1366&bih=623&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=rV6WVYCgBsj2-AHn14CACA&sqi=2&ved=0CAYQ_AUoAQ#imgrc=E2nnQL_FFQZf6M%3A

JudyJudyJudy

An ex work mate of mine lost her father just the other day - sad as it may be she spent the entire 2 days following, posting pics of her niece and her dad and several posts along the lines of 'i'm so heartbroken, I've lost my king' etc.  

I post my fair share on facebook, mainly fishing for bites or telling everyone how hungover I am but as sad as the situation is, that's too far for me.  Attention seeking at a time like that is just poor patter.

Yeah some people have no dignity on it.

Every.single.female promoting their shite franchise for jewellery, candles, kids clothes, sticking ****ing glitter on a wine glass!!

:seething:

GlasgoJambo

Every.single.female promoting their shite franchise for jewellery, candles, kids clothes, sticking ******* glitter on a wine glass!!

:rofl:

Салатные палочки

Every.single.female promoting their shite franchise for jewellery, candles, kids clothes, sticking ******* glitter on a wine glass!!

:rofl: my cousin does this.  No sure if she makes any money out it but I seen her once jazzing up a Strongbow two-banger for someones birthday.  I try not to get annoyed cos she's family but some of the stuff she does I'm like :cornette:

Der Kaiser

A lassie at my work has given me a few glittered up gifts. I think she wants to kiss and cuddle with me.

Has Facebook changed in some way!?

Scroll down the feed once a day. 80 friends so usually only takes a minute.

Now though it's packed full of stuff like someone i don't changing their profile picture and someone i barely know has liked it! Looking at pictures for a second thinking who the ****s that *****!? Oh right, I don't know them!

Has Facebook changed in some way!?

Scroll down the feed once a day. 80 friends so usually only takes a minute.

Now though it's packed full of stuff like someone i don't changing their profile picture and someone i barely know has liked it! Looking at pictures for a second thinking who the ****s that *****!? Oh right, I don't know them!

I think they're trying to make it more like Twitter, random people all joining in the same conversation, so as not to lose any competitive advantage.

I preferred it the old way as well.

Facebook-Logo.png

Their old font was much better; it had a bit of character. The new one looks really generic and like 100 other fonts.

Ryan Jarman

'Aw, ma baby has lost another tooth! Wee visit from the tooth fairy the night xxxx'

Complete with picture of child's still bleeding gum ffs :muggy:

people who document every moment of their life with photos and posts.  Their whole life must be saying to each other "lets put this on/do this for Facebook"

Heres Rixxy

Facebook-Logo.png

Their old font was much better; it had a bit of character. The new one looks really generic and like 100 other fonts.

Agreed. Don't understand this change.

It's the lost property ones that really bug me.  "Found this distinctive wedding ring in the toilets at the cinema - let's use the power of Facebook to reunite it with its owner!". 

As opposed to handing it in to the Police lost property department.

Cause if I lost a valuable and distinctive piece of jewellery, I would start out by contacting the pub/restaurant/cinema etc where I lost it.  And then the Police.  Not Facebook.

I saw one doing the rounds today that was a passport found at T in the Park. Not handed in to one of the police or stewards, or the lost property tent, or a local police station back home, or even the passport office - but pocketed and taken home because Facebook seemed like a more sensible option.

Neilson's Shank

I have been gobsmacked by the pictures of 5 year olds with mortar boards and gowns on, who have "graduated" from nursery. Nursery... graduated ffs

Nursery children having a graduation ceremony. WTF??? Primary school children having a prom too. Why?

I have been gobsmacked by the pictures of 5 year olds with mortar boards and gowns on, who have "graduated" from nursery. Nursery... graduated ffs

Nursery children having a graduation ceremony. WTF??? Primary school children having a prom too. Why?

That's not necessarily annoying Facebook behaviour - that's just annoying behaviour.  Imported from the States, usually.

Bert Le Clos

.......... just checked in at "Ma Hoose" with "a cuppa".

marty-mcfly-what-gif.gif

Those ***** should be made to sleep on the street for the night.

Edited by Bert Le Clos

GlasgoJambo

It's the lost property ones that really bug me. "Found this distinctive wedding ring in the toilets at the cinema - let's use the power of Facebook to reunite it with its owner!".

Cause if I lost a valuable and distinctive piece of jewellery, I would start out by contacting the pub/restaurant/cinema etc where I lost it. And then the Police. Not Facebook.

I saw one doing the rounds today that was a passport found at T in the Park. Not handed in to one of the police or stewards, or the lost property tent, or a local police station back home, or even the passport office - but pocketed and taken home because Facebook seemed like a more sensible option.

We used to find passports at the end of the night in the club I worked in and Facebook was the best way to get in contact with the owner - albeit by identifying the owner from their name and picture and sending them a personal message.

It's the lost property ones that really bug me. "Found this distinctive wedding ring in the toilets at the cinema - let's use the power of Facebook to reunite it with its owner!".

Cause if I lost a valuable and distinctive piece of jewellery, I would start out by contacting the pub/restaurant/cinema etc where I lost it. And then the Police. Not Facebook.

In fairness to some folk, some police no longer deal with lost and found, but yeah, T in the park hand it in and it doesn't excuse folk in Edinburgh sharing something that was dropped in Tesco car park in London.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/crime/11571614/Found-some-lost-property-Dont-hand-it-in-put-it-on-Twitter-say-police.html

One doing the rounds last week was a picture of Bruce Jenner as a woman (sorry, I know I should call her by her name but I can't remember what it is) with the comment 'This isn't courage'. Then below is a soldier carrying someone over their shoulders in a war zone with the comment 'This is'.

So, there is only one definition of courage. They cannot both be courageous actions, ok?

.......... just checked in at "Ma Hoose" with "a cuppa".

Those ***** should be made to sleep on the street for the night.

It's the arseholes who give the "hoose" a name that do my head on. One boy on mine (rangers fan) took photos of his lounge, hallway & stair bannister (yep) and posted them with "- at crazies hoose"

Tosser.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Woman calling each other Hun in every sentence. It's so clumsy and uncalled for. Like Bro or Sis. The over use of lol is starting to bug me anaw.

U ok Hun?

Yeh Hun, just tired lol

Aw Hun try get some sleep lol

Can't sleep with kids going mental lol think ill post 70 pictures of said kids going mental Hun lol lol

• 3 weeks later...
Салатные палочки

"Back to School, can't believe my baby is starting Primary 5" 

Above a picture of a mum and dad, dressed to the nines next to their kid, for their first day starting back after SIX WHOLE WEEKS!!  

Prepare for an influx of first day back at school pics.

Really don't mind those who are starting P1...its a proper milestone. P 4 / 5 / 6 and the likes though...**** off.

It's the arseholes who give the "hoose" a name that do my head on. One boy on mine (rangers fan) took photos of his lounge, hallway & stair bannister (yep) and posted them with "- at crazies hoose"

Tosser.

Usually 'Casa Del (insert surname combo of couple)'

Folk who have jumped on the aloe Vera band wagon. Constant updates such as "ooh love my business so much! Gives me so much free time and earn lots of pennies for hollibobs!" "Love spending time with my forever business budies and planning the next stage" "I dream it, I work it, I have it. You can join too!"

GTF and take your pyramid scheme nonsense with you!

Folk who have jumped on the aloe Vera band wagon. Constant updates such as "ooh love my business so much! Gives me so much free time and earn lots of pennies for hollibobs!" "Love spending time with my forever business budies and planning the next stage" "I dream it, I work it, I have it. You can join too!"

GTF and take your pyramid scheme nonsense with you!

Hahaha - spot on!  Some random "friend" on my Missus' FB got in touch with her saying she was up in Edinburgh and would she like to meet up.  Mrs said OK, sure, only for said friend to mention how she would bring a laptop and show her a presentation...mental!  Obviously the Bread Knife, in a subtle way, told her do one.

This was some cosmetics company.  Folk are so gullible.

Woman 1 - 'Just been at hairdressers' with attached photo of woman with newly styled hair. 

Woman 2  - 'Did you get your hair cut? x'

Woman 1 - 'Yeah, just home. Love it. x'

Woman 2 - 'Thought so, suits you hun x' 

:muggy: 

1-alan-partridge-quotes.jpg

Really don't mind those who are starting P1...its a proper milestone. P 4 / 5 / 6 and the likes though...**** off.

I'll be a guilty party to this next week, although my boy is going into P1 so I guess I'm off the hook :jjyay:

This!

Wish I hadn't logged on this morning, jam packed full of this crap.

Салатные палочки

I'll be a guilty party to this next week, although my boy is going into P1 so I guess I'm off the hook :jjyay:

Definately acceptable to annoy your facebook friends if its P1.  Its a proud and emotional day.  

Pics of P5's though............ :muggy:

Definately acceptable to annoy your facebook friends if its P1. Its a proud and emotional day.

Pics of P5's though............ :muggy:

Saw a few high school 1st year pics as well. Which I personally thought was pretty acceptable.

Салатные палочки

Saw a few high school 1st year pics as well. Which I personally thought was pretty acceptable.

1st year ones are acceptable aye, its a big step up to high school, dog eat dog in there. Plus its a different uniform.  I remember getting my pic taken on my first day of high school and thinking I was the dugs danglies in my CAT boots and Fruit of the Loom jumper.  

Nah, I enjoy seeing those pics and watching my mates' kids grow up.

Deal with it :toff:

Seen some story shared on my page the other day.  Apparently some laddie had been chucked off a tram for claiming he was under 16 and the conductor didn't believe him.  Obviously if he was under 16, the conductor is out of order and a complaint should be filed, but this guy had been named with a photo and his FB page shared while folk who knew the laddie's mum were threatening to leather the boy.

Ridiculously over the top and quite scary how easily things can spread.