Wimbledon 2011

redm

Nadal looks really worried about this injury.

Don`t look good, if it`s on the bone could be a small fracture.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again

I have a small wager on Del Potro - if Nadal retires, is it refunded or do I win?

Found this, Dwayne.

Sounds like Nadal will have to hang on in for a wee while yet.

Tennis

* Two full sets must be completed for bets to stand. Less than 2 sets completed - all bets will be considered void.

* Example: Federer 6-3, 4-6, 2-0 (Roddick retired due to injury). All bets stand. Federer declared the winner while Roddick is deemed the loser.

* Example: Federer 6-3, 2-0 (Roddick retired due to injury). All bets considered void.

* Sets Betting: If a tennis match is not completed because of a player retirement or disqualification, all Set bets will be considered void. Such bets will be cancelled and the money refunded.

* Delay or Suspension: If a tennis match is completed, all bets stand as written. A delay in the start of a match will not affect the standing of bets, nor will a suspension, as long as play is resumed and the match completed.

* In the event a match does not go the specified number of sets, and the match is shortened by tournament officials, the leader determined to be official by tournament officials shall be the winner.

* Example: A match is scheduled for 5 sets, but only 3 sets can be played because of weather. The leader at the end of 3 sets would be declared the winner of the match.

Things looking decent so far for Murray.Fed a set down,Nadal injured and Fish beating Berdych.Some big players possibly going out.

shaun.lawson

I'm gutted. The second Monday is the best day of the Championships - and today, Murray played, by all accounts, his best at Wimbledon in years, and my favourite women's player (allez Marion!) knocked out Serena.

And I've been at work all day, so I missed it. :(

:seething:

Ryan Gosling

I'm gutted. The second Monday is the best day of the Championships - and today, Murray played, by all accounts, his best at Wimbledon in years, and my favourite women's player (allez Marion!) knocked out Serena.

And I've been at work all day, so I missed it. :(

:seething:

Adulterer.

Ray Winstone

:D

Just playing the field......if you need any advice drop me a PM.

:smuggy:

shaun.lawson

Awful for JMDP after he's worked so hard to come back from injury. It'll be a miracle if he wins this match now.

Major, major, major break for Nadal - even though he'll be as gutted for JMDP as anyone else. It's the sort of break Champions often seem to get.

shaun.lawson

Wowsers. Del Potro looks completely OK now. This contest is right in the balance.

fabienleclerq

Is it a scottish thing or.. im just dying to see del p win!

by scottish i meant supporting the underdog

Tommy Wiseau

Becker referring to Jay-Z as t 'the Jigga Man' - amazing chat.

:lol:

It's cliche bingo from Boris the night. :wub: I love him in a way a man should never love a ginger German man.

EliteInks.Com-Awards25.jpg

:lol:

It's cliche bingo from Boris the night. :wub: I love him in a way a man should never love a ginger German man.

EliteInks.Com-Awards25.jpg

He's actually my 2nd favourite ginger german after loveable @rsehole - Stefan Effenberg.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Words can't describe how incredible a competitor Nadal is.

I love the man.

shaun.lawson

Words can't describe how incredible a competitor Nadal is.

I love the man.

Is there a greater competitor in all of sport? I say no. Has there ever been a greater competitor in tennis history? Negative to that too.

Is there a greater competitor in all of sport? I say no. Has there ever been a greater competitor in tennis history? Negative to that too.

No wonder nobody can beat Federer and Nadal in a grand sla.

rafa is worries he wont be able to play in the next round and is having a scan on his ankle/foot

I P Knightley

Just for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, how about Jimmy Connors? Maybe not gifted with as much skill & power (definitely not power!) as Oor Rafa but one hell of a never-say-die grafter.

shaun.lawson

Just for the sake of playing Devil's Advocate, how about Jimmy Connors? Maybe not gifted with as much skill & power (definitely not power!) as Oor Rafa but one hell of a never-say-die grafter.

He'd be very, very close (second on the list very possibly) - but Rafa's something else.

fabienleclerq

Roy keane?Puyol?

Im not a tennis expert but mcenroe(sp)?

I think there are plenty of people that are the same or are more competitive, not many that have the talent as well though.

I P Knightley

He'd be very, very close (second on the list very possibly) - but Rafa's something else.

Come on Shaun - do it for the people, not just for Fabien, not just for me and not just for your own academic interest. In a time when JKB and the Hearts community are being torn apart by the very thing that is supposed to unite us, the first team of HMFC, we need A LIST!

Your 10 greatest competitors in sport ever. Tennis or all sport (although I suspect you already have a list for each ;))

With Connors v Rafa, we're comparing eras in a similar way to comparing Pele v Messi; Tiger v Jack or Laver v Federer.

If JSC had had access to the scientific training regimes, diets and coaching resources that modern tennis players have, he'd have made more use of them than most of his contemporaries. Had the circumstances arisen, I can well see him playing on & possibly winning with a broken foot. I think it's impossible to separate the two.

Meanwhile, in a day when there's no tennis to distract us, here's something else that just sprung to mind. When did the All England change their scoreboard? In the days of Connors and McEnroe, the players were listed as "Mr J S Connors", "Mr J P McEnroe" etc. It only just struck me as I wrote the last paragraph that it now says "Andy Murray"; not even "Andrew Murray". Is nothing sacred? Next we know, they'll be allowing players to have colourful clothes...

Top Competitors... You have to put in Mike Tyson.. He Bit someone's ear of to for christ sake...

But seriously... Nadal was awesome yesterday, Del Portro would have beaten almost every other player today. Great match.

Other Great competitors (from last 20-30 years), with a never say die attitude.

Michael Schumacher

Tiger Woods

Roy Keene

I P Knightley

Tyson's ear chomping was on this day in history - 1997, wasn't it? I was playing golf on the Isle of Purbeck; hadn't picked up the story on the overnight news and the bar steward looked at 4 of us as though we were from another planet when we got off the course and asked "how did the boxing go?"

Meanwhile, in tennis, it appears that Rafa was making a big old song and dance fuss about nothing with his blub-blub-blubbing, and medical time outs at a critical moment of the match, all about a "sore foot". "Great competitor"??? "Great big wuss", more like!!

Ryan Gosling

I stuck ?20 on Lisicki winning the tournament yesterday. 9/1 odds. Think she's a real dark horse.

Ray Winstone

This chubby French girl doesn't look up to much.

Serena must have been woeful yesterday.

Ryan Gosling

This chubby French girl doesn't look up to much.

Serena must have been woeful yesterday.

:angry:

That's Shaun Lawson's thought-mistress, you scoundrel.

Ray Winstone

:angry:

That's Shaun Lawson's thought-mistress, you scoundrel.

I thought he was just using her - chubby girls are more greatful and all that jazz......:whistling:

Less than 2 minutes after she breaks back.....but is then broken again!

BURDS DOING SPORT :vrface:

Sterling Archer

Brett Favre belongs on any list you're doing.

He made an NFL record 297 consecutive starts (321 including playoffs).

Say What Again

I stuck ?20 on Lisicki winning the tournament yesterday. 9/1 odds. Think she's a real dark horse.

Had a tenner on Sharapova at 4/1 so I'll be perving at rooting for her. :thumbsup:

Ryan Gosling

Brett Favre belongs on any list you're doing.

He made an NFL record 297 consecutive starts (321 including playoffs).

Aye but could Favre beat Nadal on clay?

Sterling Archer

Aye but could Favre beat Nadal on clay?

He'd bottle it right at the end like he always does.

I P Knightley

Bartoli is a-gobblin'

Makes a change from rug-munching among the lady tennis "players".

Makes a change from rug-munching among the lady tennis "players".

I'd rather that troll was homosexual so there wouldn't be any chance of her ever accidentally sleeping with me.

I P Knightley

I'd rather that troll was homosexual so there wouldn't be any chance of her ever accidentally sleeping with me.

:biglaugh: because that happens a lot.

Even if she were homosexual, there's surely a chance that she'd find the Boomstick chloroform mask and duct tape charm irresistable?

:biglaugh: because that happens a lot.

Even if she were homosexual, there's surely a chance that she'd find the Boomstick chloroform mask and duct tape charm irresistable?

I actually once got a handy off a big butch lesbian who was dating Miss Scotland at the time.

That's another story though.

Ray Winstone

I actually once got a handy off a big butch lesbian who was dating Miss Scotland at the time.

That's another story though.

Was it on the 'Honeycomb' dancefloor?

Plenty a 'handy' and 'BJ' branded about in that place.

Archived