Wimbledon 2011

redm

Was it on the 'Honeycomb' dancefloor?

Plenty a 'handy' and 'BJ' branded about in that place.

Not that particular story, no.

But once there as well.

Have I told that story on here before? Amazed if that was a guess though.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ryan Gosling

But once there as well.

Don't underestimate old Dunks.

Ray Winstone

But once there as well.

It was a guess, but we should call it an educated one being that us private school chaps used to frequent the honeycomb in order to get some crabbs chavvy girl action.

:woot:

It was a guess, but we should call it an educated one being that us private school chaps used to frequent the honeycomb in order to get some crabbs chavvy girl action.

:woot:

I never went to private school...

2 of my sisters did though.

Well guessed nonetheless.

So, tennis, huh?

Ray Winstone

I never went to private school...

2 of my sisters did though.

Well guessed nonetheless.

So, tennis, huh?

I have already reported you for going off topic.

Ray Winstone

Lisicki is extremely tidy.

Agreed - good looking lass.

Might try and find her on Facebook....:rolleyes:

0,,10289~7009245,00.jpg

Too soon?

I P Knightley

sharapova is hammering cibulkova if it carries on this game will be over quick

They should have planned for all 4 wifies' QFs to be on centre court, starting at 1pm - chances of them going on for more than 6 hours would have been pretty remote. It's clearing up now so they might get the other two on Court 1.

kvitova has been better than pironkova today but i'm sad that pironkova looks likely to go out as she is top totty a quality player

I P Knightley

kvitova has been better than pironkova today but i'm sad that pironkova looks likely to go out as she is top totty a quality player

Another possible disappointment for the pervs tennis purists in the last QF as the one with the bigger norks more appealing play & without the silly "pong" sound looks like taking a pumping.

shaun.lawson

Another possible disappointment for the pervs tennis purists in the last QF as the one with the bigger norks more appealing play & without the silly "pong" sound looks like taking a pumping.

:Agree:

A Sharapova-Azarenka final, which must be very likely, will probably be the most annoying final in history. But with maid Marion now sadly having been sent packing, I'll be rooting for Lisicki. Speaking of whom...

:biglaugh:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Never heard of half of these players. They sound like characters out of Lord of the Rings

I P Knightley

Back to the tennis today. It's hard to see beyond the top 4 seeds making it to the semis.

Tsonga might make it hard for Federer in the first set but, regardless of the outcome of that, I see Fed easing away after the first.

Likewise, Lopez might blaze away in the first set against Murray after which Murray will grind his way past.

Tomic may not quite be a rabbit in the headlights against Djoko. Having seen off Soderling a couple of rounds ago, I'm sure he'll be less daunted but I really don't expect him to play a 4th set nor even a tie-break in the 3 sets he plays. Djokovic, with only one peculiar set against Baghdatis, has been as scarily good as he's been all year. Tomic will have to leave him to Federer.

In normal circumstances, Fish wouldn't have a prayer against Nadal. Today, his best hope is to make Nadal run around a lot and see whether the foot injury is aggravated. Even if there is a concern about the foot, it wasn't significant enough to allow the 5th (maybe 4th) best player in the tournament so far a real look in on Monday and Fish is a notch or two below Del Potro as a threat to Nadal. Hopefully, for Murray's sake, a lengthy 5-setter long into the evening but, barring recurrence of the foot problem, more realistically, a straight sets walk in the park for Rafa.

Maybe Rafa will just keep himself going long enough so that he becomes another in the long line of players who have "retired hurt" against Murray.

Say What Again

Back to the tennis today. It's hard to see beyond the top 4 seeds making it to the semis.

Incredibly, to back ALL 4 only returns 4/7 (just over)

?10 with Coral would net you a whopping ?16.27

I P Knightley

Incredibly, to back ALL 4 only returns 4/7 (just over)

?10 with Coral would net you a whopping ?16.27

That's more than my tenner ew on Del Potro got... :(

To make any kind of return, I presume you'd have to go with the set scores:

Fed 3-0

Djoko 3-0

Murray 3-1

Nadal 3-1

Times Murray on at?

After the Federer v Tsonga match. Those two kick off at 13:00 so you're probably looking at 15:30 or 16:15 if Tsonga edges the first set tie break.

I P Knightley

Federer and Djoko each gets a break of serve at the first available opportunity. This could be fairly routine

That's more than my tenner ew on Del Potro got... :(

To make any kind of return, I presume you'd have to go with the set scores:

Fed 3-0

Djoko 3-0

Murray 3-1

Nadal 3-1

After the Federer v Tsonga match. Those two kick off at 13:00 so you're probably looking at 15:30 or 16:15 if Tsonga edges the first set tie break.

Current odds of 25/1 for whoever is interested.

Ray Winstone

Tomic breaks in the first game of the third set as well.

MON BERNARD!

rossthejambo

Tsonga a break up in the third set...not that it'll do him much use in the grand scheme of things I wouldn't think.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Tsonga break up in the 4th set and playing well.

:omg!:

rossthejambo

C'mon Tsonga, push this as far as possible, means I've got a chance to get back from work in time for Murray's match to start.

Fancy Tsonga for this now, hopefully take it into a 5th so I can get to the optitions & back in time for Murrays match!

I P Knightley

I'm maintaining a pretty good record of failing to call any tennis match correctly in my life ever.

I'm still backing Djoko to get through but Fed's looking 50:50 as it goes into the fifth.

I P Knightley

Just got on Tsonga at 4's to win.

Looking good with a break at the start of the fifth! (Crazy odds, though - well done on finding them)

Amazing match it has to be said!

Plays nicely into Murray's hands too if he gets through.

Was swaying over Tsonga at 9/2 before the match.

For the first couple of hours I was glad I hadn't wasted my money.

unsure.gif

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This is hard to call. Can't see Tsonga holding serve all the way through the set.

This is hard to call. Can't see Tsonga holding serve all the way through the set.

Only two more holds required!

Unfortunately this doesn't open the draw up all that much for Murray.

Will still have to play two big guns unless Tsonga can put together two massive back to back upsets.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Amazing match it has to be said!

Plays nicely into Murray's hands too if he gets through.

Still Nadal in the way. Lets be honest Nadal should have been favourite for this tournament. He hasn't lost at Wimbledon since 2007.

I P Knightley

Remember that Tsonga has a phenomenal record in 5 set matches. Fed's not making any inroads to Tsonga's second serve; he doesn't have much hope on his first but ought to be getting more points on the second.

Archived