Wimbledon 2011

redm

Ray Winstone

This Watson girl who is playing now seems to get a huge % of her first serves in play.

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

This Watson girl who is playing now seems to get a huge % of her first serves in play.

:keys:

Nadal is on the red button.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Good news that Wawrinka is out. A dangerous player in Murray's section of the draw.

shaun.lawson

Good news that Wawrinka is out. A dangerous player in Murray's section of the draw.

Yep - same with Cilic's exit. Murray-Gasquet, now looming in round 4, should be quite something if it happens though.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Del Potro just lost the 1st set on a tie-break to Rochus. Play suspended until tomorrow.

Del Potrol really struggles on grass. He likes to play hard flat groundstrokes and is not able to do so on grass when opponents slice the ball to him.

Saying that, he'll probably go on to win his match, then the tournament for all I know.

I P Knightley

Had the whole day at Wimbledon and it was great - can't recommend going along highly enough if you're able to. ?20 for all the courts other than Centre, One and Two. Saw Wawrinka-Bolelli, Kubot-Karlovic, Simon-Sela, Gulbis-Russian Guy and del Potro (?5 extra for resale on show court).

Brilliant. Fantastic day.

Gald to hear it. I was getting home on the bus last night at about 7:30 and there was a couple who had spent the day at Wimbledon talking about their great day out. My good manners prevented me from telling them to get the hell back there and wait until play had finished - silly arses; they must have left at before 6:30, while there was still plenty of top action going on.

Got a few buddies heading down today. 3 have tickets on court 2 and another is on court 1. I'm stuck at work :(

chester copperpot

How ******* nippy are the Williams' brothers grunts?

Starting to really piss me off now.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Had to laugh at Del Potro taking off his shoes and throwing them out of the court after he lost the first set last night.

He was not a happy man.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Had to laugh at Del Potro taking off his shoes and throwing them out of the court after he lost the first set last night.

He was not a happy man.

Is it possible for Djokovic to play Murray? Would love to see that again. No doubt for me Djokovic is better, and by a fair stretch.

chester copperpot

Is it possible for Djokovic to play Murray? Would love to see that again. No doubt for me Djokovic is better, and by a fair stretch.

Yes, in the final.

I P Knightley

Thank feck that grunting munter is finished.

The one with the big knockers won but was it the one with her big knockers up her shirt or the one with the bog knockers at home in a jar?

chester copperpot

The one with the big knockers won but was it the one with her big knockers up her shirt or the one with the bog knockers at home in a jar?

Errrrrrm, dunno mate. Serena Williams.

big knockers?

I P Knightley

Errrrrrm, dunno mate. Serena Williams.

She's the one who keeps her big knockers attached to her chest.

The other one is the one pictured earlier in the thread who had hers criminally reduced in size. I'm assuming that she's kept them at home in a jar because it seems such a terrible waste to just throw them in the bin.

chester copperpot

She's the one who keeps her big knockers attached to her chest.

The other one is the one pictured earlier in the thread who had hers criminally reduced in size. I'm assuming that she's kept them at home in a jar because it seems such a terrible waste to just throw them in the bin.

Ahhhh, got it now.

And Boomstick, shut up ya jinksy bassa.

Ahhhh, got it now.

And Boomstick, shut up ya jinksy bassa.

Aussie prick's gonna bottle it...

has anyone been watching the soderling vs hewitt match? i was half watching eariler on and there was a moment where one of the players put a towel over their head. the commentator commentated, for that is his job, "not a good look that, the towel on the head look". the camera then cut to a muslim lady wearing a headscarf.

did anyone else see that or was i imagining a beautiful piece of live telly?

shaun.lawson

Bye bye Hewitt.

:pleasing:

And GIRUY, you vegemite eating, four X swigging "PHNADIKS" too. :thumbsup:

I P Knightley

And GIRUY, you vegemite eating, four X swigging "PHNADIKS" too. :thumbsup:

Does XXXX still exist?

has anyone been watching the soderling vs hewitt match? i was half watching eariler on and there was a moment where one of the players put a towel over their head. the commentator commentated, for that is his job, "not a good look that, the towel on the head look". the camera then cut to a muslim lady wearing a headscarf.

did anyone else see that or was i imagining a beautiful piece of live telly?

Saw that but missed the first shot of the player with the towel. All I saw was the comment and then it cut right to the woman. :o:lol:

shaun.lawson

Does XXXX still exist?

It does. And Aussies still empty their bladders by doing a "whizzer", the Sheilaroos are still no good at football, and Alf Stewart's still going strong too. His dead wife Ailsa, on the other hand, is still looking for work after resigning as Fulham manager a couple of weeks ago. :mellow:

PS. Apart from Elle McPherson and Natalie Imbruglia, the only good thing to come out of Australia was Cell Block H. Bring it back! :thumbsup:

HANS? :whistling:

:verymad:

:lol:

2 sets up and holding serve in the third, I thought he had it in the bag.

Just goes to show you...

shaun.lawson

What is going on with the women's tournament? That match was brilliant - and Lisicki has real star quality. Hope she goes further - and a fourth round encounter with Ivanovic could be a bit tasty.

So far, this Championship has suggested there to be far more depth in the women's game than is commonly assumed. Good to see - and the courage of Lisicki's serves when double match point down bodes very well for her indeed.

Tommy Wiseau

What is going on with the women's tournament? That match was brilliant - and Lisicki has real star quality. Hope she goes further - and a fourth round encounter with Ivanovic could be a bit tasty.

So far, this Championship has suggested there to be far more depth in the women's game than is commonly assumed. Good to see - and the courage of Lisicki's serves when double match point down bodes very well for her indeed.

Give me a wild card next year and I'll show you just how deep the women's game is. :smuggy:

They are honking.

shaun.lawson

Give me a wild card next year and I'll show you just how deep the women's game is. :smuggy:

They are honking.

To be fair, you getting a wild card into next year's women's tournament is considerably more likely than you getting your end away with Cat Cubie. :smuggy:

Tommy Wiseau

To be fair, you getting a wild card into next year's women's tournament is considerably more likely than you getting your end away with Cat Cubie. :smuggy:

Ah Shaun.

You obviously have no idea just how pretty my face is. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Ah Shaun.

You obviously have no idea just how pretty my face is. :thumbsup:

Yes. "Handsomery" is a word which has now entered my lexicon, and will never leave it again either. :lol:

Tommy Wiseau

Are you people watching the tennis? You do know that Judge Judy is on, don't you?

Rain Man Lawson knows that Judge Wapner is on in ten minutes, but other than that, we're happy where we are fanks. :thumbsup:

shaun.lawson

Rain Man Lawson knows that Judge Wapner is on in ten minutes, but other than that, we're happy where we are fanks. :thumbsup:

Of course I'm an excellent driver. And Charlie Babbit told a joke. :thumbsup:

I haven't watched Judge Judy since about... 1993 or something I think. Life seemed so simple when not being able to sleep on a schoolnight meant gawping at middle of the night pish like that, Get Stuffed or The Big E. :mellow:

shaun.lawson

Federer off to a flyer in his match, and looking positively regal.

Nadal looking great. Federer looking great. Djokovic looking great. Murray looking great half decent. And a whole host of dangermen - Roddick, Berdych, Tsonga, Gasquet, del Potro, Monfils - lurking in wait for the big guns too.

This tournament is shaping up to be a classic. :thumbsup:

I P Knightley

It could also be interpreted that they are all at the same depth; which is about as deep as the foot cleaning pool between the changing rooms and the infants' baths. Yes, it's maybe more unpredictable between them all but I prefer to believe that it's because they're all equally shite rather than that they have become generally better.

I mean, there's something like 2 British females in round two. That only goes to show that the game is a farce. (Admittedly, one of those two is only there because round one drew one Brit against another.)

It could also be interpreted that they are all at the same depth; which is about as deep as the foot cleaning pool between the changing rooms and the infants' baths. Yes, it's maybe more unpredictable between them all but I prefer to believe that it's because they're all equally shite rather than that they have become generally better.

I mean, there's something like 2 British females in round two. That only goes to show that the game is a farce. (Admittedly, one of those two is only there because round one drew one Brit against another.)

There's 3 British girls in round 2. Keothavong lost her 2nd round match yesterday. Robson's got Sharapova so will also be going out. Not sure who Baltacha is playing.

Laura Robson has broken Sharapova in the first set and playing very well.

I P Knightley

Laura Robson has broken Sharapova in the first set and playing very well.

So I come back to my desk with my lunch; tune into JKB; read the above comment and immediately tune into the BBC site just in time to watch Robson dump one into the net to hand back the break.

Sheesh.

You made me watch ladies' tennis... for that!

So I come back to my desk with my lunch; tune into JKB; read the above comment and immediately tune into the BBC site just in time to watch Robson dump one into the net to hand back the break.

Sheesh.

You made me watch ladies' tennis... for that!

:lol: Apologies. She's doing well though.

Got to say, I've enjoyed the womens much more than the mens so far. :ninja:

Ryan Gosling

How old is Robson? Am I allowed to be turned on by her? Or would that be a Bible Thom situation?

Tommy Wiseau

How old is Robson? Am I allowed to be turned on by her? Or would that be a Bible Thom situation?

:asl?:

EDIT: Can't believe that smiley has been given the boot. :down:

I P Knightley

:lol: Apologies. She's doing well though.

Got to say, I've enjoyed the womens much more than the mens so far. :ninja:

Doing better than many would have expected from her but in the last few games (which I've ended up watching), I'd say (a.) that she's giving up a few points by hitting too many shots towards the centre of the court when she's got time to pick her spot better and (b.) Sharapova's looking a bit sloppy, though the last couple of service games, she's been hitting more cleanly. Looks like she's really shite at making hawkeye challenges, though! Let's hope, for the sake of Britain, she needs one or two in the tie-break.

Looking at the scores in the tourney, there's definitely been more exciting (3 set) matches from the wifies than I'd have expected & we usually get.

Archived