Wimbledon 2011

redm

I P Knightley

Tell your missus to hurry home then

:biglaugh:

(just because I'm laughing doesn't mean it's top comedy)

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Tell your missus to hurry home then

It's ok mate, my Filopino maid is looking after all of my needs. thumbsup.gif

shaun.lawson

Rusedski: "This seems like the Djokovic of the beginning of the year".

Er - you mean the Djokovic of all year long? The Djokovic who's two sets away from becoming world number one, who's lost one match all year, and that to the Greatest of All Time rolling back the years and playing out of his skin?

What would you know about any of that, Greg? Sod off back to Canada. :thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

It's ok mate, my Filopino maid is looking after all of my needs. thumbsup.gif

Tell him to get done before the Murray match starts

loveofthegame

Tsonga looks absolutely done after his massive win over Fed. Think we'll have Murray on within the hour!

(Although i told my mate to turn to the Tomic-Djoko game when Fed went 2 sets up on Tsonga as it was all over... so what do i know...)

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Shame to see Tsonga struggling. Very impressive from the Serb though.

More than you? :whistling:

rossthejambo

Rusedski: "This seems like the Djokovic of the beginning of the year".

Er - you mean the Djokovic of all year long? The Djokovic who's two sets away from becoming world number one, who's lost one match all year, and that to the Greatest of All Time rolling back the years and playing out of his skin?

:lol:

Bit of an over-reaction there Shaun, what did Rusedski ever do to you?

shaun.lawson

More than you? :whistling:

See my tournament predictions! :D:teehee:

Bit of an over-reaction there Shaun, what did Rusedski ever do to you?

Be a complete and utter roaster. Suddenly turned British, in order to get a much higher profile, press coverage etc. Amusingly found himself overshadowed by Henman very quickly; whereupon he spent most of the rest of his career under-achieving (Henman didn't have the game to win Wimbledon or any Slam; Rusedski absolutely did, yet his record at SW19 was embarrassing), moaning, and cheating.

His colleagues on tour couldn't stand him - and when Sampras beat him in five at the 2002 US Open, and went on to win it despite Rusedski publicly dismissing his chances in yet another display of green eyes and sour grapes, I laughed and laughed and laughed. Just as I did when watching him lose on Court 1 in the Wimbledon first round in 2000, to Vince Spadea: a guy who hadn't won a single match all year! :lol:

rossthejambo

Be a complete and utter roaster. Suddenly turned British, in order to get a much higher profile, press coverage etc. Amusingly found himself overshadowed by Henman very quickly; whereupon he spent most of the rest of his career under-achieving (Henman didn't have the game to win Wimbledon or any Slam; Rusedski absolutely did, yet his record at SW19 was embarrassing), moaning, and cheating.

His colleagues on tour couldn't stand him - and when Sampras beat him in five at the 2002 US Open, and went on to win it despite Rusedski publicly dismissing his chances in yet another display of green eyes and sour grapes, I laughed and laughed and laughed. Just as I did when watching him lose on Court 1 in the Wimbledon first round in 2000, to Vince Spadea: a guy who hadn't won a single match all year! :lol:

I didn't know you were capable of such seethe and hatred. Specially to poor old Greg.

His colleagues on tour couldn't stand him

How could you possibly know that?

shaun.lawson

I didn't know you were capable of such seethe and hatred. Specially to poor old Greg.

Thanks to a draw which was a complete joke (though fair play to him: at least he negotiated it), Rusedski reached the 1997 US Open Final. A friend of mine was excited about a 'Briton' ( :rolleyes: ) maybe winning a Slam at last. He was shocked at my reaction, and thought I'd fallen prey to the BNP or something! :lol:

Who else have I reserved similar disdain for in tennis? Steffi Graf... and that's about it. I really, really had a problem with John McEnroe when I first started watching the sport in the late 80s, though; and took until around 1995 before I finally warmed to Boris Becker. Now, I think he's a legend, and they're both fantastic commentators. Unlike Rusedski.

what really happened was either he refused to sign shauns big tennis ball after he had stalked him during one wimbledon campaign or he was on a radio phone in that shaun called into and he moaned at you about your voice and disagreed with your views. :whistling:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I hated greg's obsessive compulsive behaviour with the towel but that was about it

shaun.lawson

How could you possibly know that?

It was obvious. When interviewed, hardly any of them ever had a good word to say about him: largely because of his notorious penchant for bathroom breaks whenever down in a match.

As well as being a fantastic Champion, Pete Sampras was a gentleman. Yet who was the one player who really riled him? Rusedski.

shaun.lawson

what really happened was either he refused to sign shauns big tennis ball after he had stalked him during one wimbledon campaign or he was on a radio phone in that shaun called into and he moaned at you about your voice and disagreed with your views. :whistling:

No tennis phone-ins for me. Largely because Big Mac likes to talk even more than I do, so never lets a caller get a word in. :)

No tennis phone-ins for me. Largely because Big Mac likes to talk even more than I do, so never lets a caller get a word in. :)

ahh but nothing about the stalking, something you're good at

shaun.lawson

ahh but nothing about the stalking, something you're good at

If only you'd read a thread in the Pub a while back, you'll discover it's me who's been stalked. :o

If only you'd read a thread in the Pub a while back, you'll discover it's me who's been stalked. :o

didn't you stalk janet smirnova on facebook

shaun.lawson

didn't you stalk janet smirnova on facebook

If you call sending her a friend request, and getting no response 'stalking', then yes. :(

rossthejambo

Tsonga breaks back in the 3rd set :thumbsup:

I'm not making any predictions this time...

rossthejambo

'mon JW!

A 5 setter would do me grand, means I can get back for the Murray match..plus I think Shaun might cry if Djoko gets deprived of his world number 1 spot :whistling:

:scenes:

Offt.

Kind of pissed off though, I booked a meal for going out with the bird at 8pm tonight.

Might miss the tail end of the Murray match.

:verymad:

shaun.lawson

Jesus. Twice Djokovic was a break up, including serving for a first Wimbledon final, and to become world number one. Then he was twice one point away from it in the tiebreak. Then he didn't do it. And all that after already being only one match from becoming number one, and a first French Open final, and not doing that either.

How does he recover from that? :mellow: Unbelievable from Tsonga, though: he started the match playing like God, and he's back to that level now. :o

:scenes:

Offt.

Kind of pissed off though, I booked a meal for going out with the bird at 8pm tonight.

Might miss the tail end of the Murray match.

:verymad:

Going out as well so likely to miss quite a bit of it.

:seething:

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Yasss.

Leaving work in 10 mins and will now catch the start of the Murray match.

:verysmug:

The Old Tolbooth

I love Tsonga!!!

The man is a born entertainer!! :thumbsup:

I think I'll officially become a Tsonga fan from now on :D

I love Tsonga!!!

The man is a born entertainer!! :thumbsup:

I think I'll officially become a Tsonga fan from now on :D

He's an absolute lad.

Needs to focus here though.

Edit: Broken.

shaun will be spewing

Greg Rusedski on BBC TV: "Now we are going to see from Djokovic mentally how tough he is. He's going to have dig deep now in this fourth set."

Tsonga.

:vrface:

The consequences of a five setter with Federer showing.

The Old Tolbooth

He's an absolute lad.

Needs to focus here though.

Edit: Broken.

Bugger, I went out to stock the fridge up so I didn't miss any of the Murray/Nadal game, get back and he's 5-2 down, wtf happened? :unsure:

Say What Again

Bugger, I went out to stock the fridge up so I didn't miss any of the Murray/Nadal game, get back and he's 5-2 down, wtf happened? :unsure:

How big is your fridge?

:blink: :blink:

shaun.lawson

Wahey! Wondrous achievement for the boy. :thumbsup:

But whereas Djokovic looked unstoppable in Melbourne, he's vulnerable here. The winner of the next semi-final will win this tournament - and I can hardly wait. :woot:

Archived