Wimbledon 2011

redm

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Say What Again

:verysmug::pleasing::smuggy:

I gave you a slagging for your Six Nations predictions, so credit where it's due this time.

Top tipping :thumbsup:

Dusk_Till_Dawn

I gave you a slagging for your Six Nations predictions, so credit where it's due this time.

Come on, tsonga v federer was the only contest

shaun.lawson

Oi! In my 6 Nations predictions, I had England to win the Championship, but to blow the Grand Slam in Dublin!

Completely underrated Wales and overrated Scotland though, it must be said. :mellow:

Say What Again

Come on, tsonga v federer was the only contest

He predicted the Semi Final line up 12 days ago, and has it bang on.

Not bad considering it doesn't include Federer.

Say What Again

Oi! In my 6 Nations predictions, I had England to win the Championship, but to blow the Grand Slam in Dublin!

Completely underrated Wales and overrated Scotland though, it must be said. :mellow:

It was your Scotland predictions I recall mocking.

You fancied them to win in Paris too!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

He predicted the Semi Final line up 12 days ago, and has it bang on.

Not bad considering it doesn't include Federer.

Reverse ferret - well played Lawson

jambos are go!

A kid from Dunblane is without doubt one of the 4 greatest tennis players in the world at a time when when the mens game is full of great players. What an achievement.

Harry Palmer

Lawson isn't there yet....

Hopefully, Murray starts with the feigning injury stuff against Nadal...

Seems, to be a trait in winning... :thumbsup:

I P Knightley

Reverse ferret - well played Lawson

Is that not a phrase previously used on a thread about poor toilet etiquette?

Nadal's still talking up the foot injury a bit but Murray's returned deftly with a slight groin strain of his own. Who will crack first??

Lawson shouldn't be given that much credit.. He just waited for HANS to appear and did the opposite of what he said.. Easy money.

Took Lisicki to win Wimbledon at 11/2 and Murray to beat Nadal 3-1 at 5/1 both outsiders but what the ****.

Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Should be an interesting ladies day today.

Really hope Lisicki gets to the final. :thumbsup:

I P Knightley

The one that looks like David Nalbandian seems to have the measure of the one with the noise. This is good.

Ryan Gosling

Should be an interesting ladies day today.

Really hope Lisicki gets to the final. :thumbsup:

This.

The one that looks like David Nalbandian seems to have the measure of the one with the noise. This is good.

I thought they were sisters they look almost identical

Na.

Kvitova is a dog.

Azarenka has something about her that I quite like!

Chad Sexington

Competitive as ever.

Equal prize money really is a crime!

It's a fecking scandal.

There have been bursd matches that have barely lasted an hour this year.

Total sham. <_<

I P Knightley

Nalbandian and Kvitova? Sisters? At least one of them's a boy, silly!

Ryan Gosling

Azarenka is like Lisicki - they both look hot on the tennis court, but off-court they don't seem that nice!

Unlike Ana Ivanipplevic.

Nalbandian and Kvitova? Sisters? At least one of them's a boy, silly!

I meant the two birds playing tennis today were like sisters

I P Knightley

Just watched the final few games of the boys' singles where England's next great hope (well, the one after Oliver Golding, anyway) took the set 13-11. Much better viewing than the games I saw in the ladies.

I honestly think I could play better than Sharapova is today.

is anyone remotely interested in the womens' tennis apart from the glaringly obvious 'aesthetic' value?

I P Knightley

is anyone remotely interested in the womens' tennis apart from the glaringly obvious 'aesthetic' value?

I don't even think that women are interested in women's tennis. Apart from the Lesbians; and even then, if they like tennis, they probably don't like women's tennis.

I've got my tickets for Centre Court at the Olympics and have a silent dread that I'll have to sit through some of that awful stuff. If it is the women's competition and you're watching, I'll be the one being huckled out for singing along with the grunts and squeals.

What's everyone thinking of Oor Andys chances tomorrow then?

First set crucial as ever, and he always seems to lose it against Nadal.

Would be interested to see how Murray would react to taking the first set.

I don't even think that women are interested in women's tennis. Apart from the Lesbians; and even then, if they like tennis, they probably don't like women's tennis.

I've got my tickets for Centre Court at the Olympics and have a silent dread that I'll have to sit through some of that awful stuff. If it is the women's competition and you're watching, I'll be the one being huckled out for singing along with the grunts and squeals.

it's just awful eh? it's almost a different sport.

2/1 on nadal 3-0.

:stare:

i want murray to win but i think there's money to be made there, and i'm on like a rat up a drainpipe.

The Old Tolbooth

Azarenka has something about her that I quite like!

Her orgasmic like grunting perhaps? :whistling:

Slim to none.

It'll be the same old story tomorrow I think. Nadal is simply too good.

shaun.lawson

Nadal wins the first set at a canter. Cue much :seething: on here, abuse for Murray being a loser, hobo bottler and all the rest of it.

Then, midway through the second set, Murray unexpectedly breaks Nadal and starts to flow. He takes the set, levels the match, and everyone on here does a total 180 and proclaims him the Champion in waiting. :rolleyes:

A titanic third set unfolds: Murray playing brilliantly, Rafa hanging on for grim death. The level gets higher and higher - and it becomes apparent that whoever loses this set will, on momentum alone, inevitably forfeit the match; and whoever wins it will surely take the title as well. :o

Murray has several break points - but Nadal saves them with diamond brilliance. Then, just as a tiebreak seems inevitable, Nadal, through his unique combination of pure indomitability and sheer, unquestioned genius, steals the set 7-5, and the die is cast. :ninja:

The reigning Champion duly gallops away with the fourth set to seal the contest; and for the third time in as many years, but after far and away his best effort to date, Murray is knocked out in the semi-finals. Britain's wait for a domestic winner of the Gentlemen's Singles extends to 76 years. :vrface:

In the other semi, Tsonga plays well and hangs in there; but Djokovic sees him off comfortably enough in four, and into a fitting finale between the two best tennis players on the planet. :thumbsup:

The Old Tolbooth

I worry about you Shaun, I really do! :blink:

I have a sneaky feeling that Murray is going to beat Nadal for some reason, I don't know why, and I don't want it to happen as I'm a bit of a Nadal fan to be honest, but I just think that things appear to be clicking into place for Murray this time.

I also reckon that Tsonga will pip Djokovic in a classic, Tsonga was outstanding at Queens and has been outstanding again at Wimbledon, if Murray plays Tsonga in the final it will be another classic too, Queens was one of the best 3 set finals I've ever seen!

I P Knightley

I worry about you Shaun, I really do! :blink:

I have a sneaky feeling that Murray is going to beat Nadal for some reason, I don't know why, and I don't want it to happen as I'm a bit of a Nadal fan to be honest, but I just think that things appear to be clicking into place for Murray this time.

I also reckon that Tsonga will pip Djokovic in a classic, Tsonga was outstanding at Queens and has been outstanding again at Wimbledon, if Murray plays Tsonga in the final it will be another classic too, Queens was one of the best 3 set finals I've ever seen!

My match tipping has been abysmal so far and I agree on the Tsonga v Djoko match. Many of the commentators are comapring this match up to the Oz Final in 2008(?) which took place at a time when Tsonga was only coming on the scene; had had vey little big match experience, and had played the game of his life (perhaps more outstanding than this week's v Federer) to make it to the final. He's much more battle ready nowadays and will almost definitely give Djoko a harder time of it.

Djoko's come on a great deal in that time, too, of course but, in 2008, was already a top 3 ranked player. He's (as usual - with the exception of the French this year) come through the draw with very little attention paid to him so it's a little unclear just how well he's been playing or how poorly his oppo have been. From what I've seen, he's a tiny amount behind where he was going through March, April & May. Nothing I can really put my finger on but the Djoko on the 40-odd match winning streak would not have got into the tangle that he did in his match against Baghdatis; though his racket-smashing blowout may well have cleared his head.

As you say, the potential for a great, great match.

(The Knightley kiss of death - it's going to be one-sided 2 and a bit sets before one of them retires hurt...)

I really don't want to call the Murray match. I'm a huge admirer of Nadal, the competitor and the man - if you haven't seen it, look out the vid of his time in the studio with Sue Barker yesterday; he's an absolute gent - and I hope that his foot isn't bad as, if Murray does somehow win it, I would want it to be on merit rather than giving his naysayers the ammo that he only just sneaked past a one-legged opponent.

And in a rather nasty turn up for the books, I may not be able to watch it... (another reason for wishing for a 4 hour classic from Tsonga/Djoko)

Nadal to beat Murray 3 - 0.... 6-4 7-6 6-3

Djokovic to beat Tsonga 3 -0.... 6-3 6-3 6-2

Djokovic to beat Nadal in the Final 3-1.... 7-6 6-4 4-6 6-3

That's all from septic Tynie for today :thumbsup:

I was going to look for H.A.N.S tips and go for the opposite, but I just went for what ia a certainty :whistling:

Murray to win. seems to have a more relaxed feeling than usual for him and Nadal seems to have had to battle a bit to get through.

Novak has struggled on the grass before and hasn't been convincing with the easiest draw of the top 4. Tsonga likes the grass and for the 1st time i've seen, managed to see out 5 sets. he has a 5 for 2 against record with Novak.

after predicting a NADAL v Djokovic result at the start, i'm seriously having doubts and perhaps Murrays gonna do it. the biggest worry is the hobo connection, 78 years since a brit made the final is still someway short of 109.

Ray Winstone

Tsonga looking good value so far.

Tsonga v Murray final?

:whistling:

Tsonga looking good value so far.

Tsonga v Murray final?

:usualbet:?

I P Knightley

Murray to win. seems to have a more relaxed feeling than usual for him and Nadal seems to have had to battle a bit to get through.

Novak has struggled on the grass before and hasn't been convincing with the easiest draw of the top 4. Tsonga likes the grass and for the 1st time i've seen, managed to see out 5 sets. he has a 5 for 2 against record with Novak.

after predicting a NADAL v Djokovic result at the start, i'm seriously having doubts and perhaps Murrays gonna do it. the biggest worry is the hobo connection, 78 years since a brit made the final is still someway short of 109.

Before this year, he'd never lost a match which went to 5 sets. I think it now stands at something like 6 he's won and 2 he's lost. He's got great stamina.

I'm watching the tail end of Liam Broady in the boys tourney - caught a glimpse of my son having his packed lunch.

Jo-Willy making the start he wanted!

Ray Winstone

:usualbet:?

No thanks pal - I don't want you wasting your 'sweat-shop' wages!!

No thanks pal - I don't want you wasting your 'sweat-shop' wages!!

We cant all rely on Daddy's money :smuggy:

On topic Tsonga looking good at the moment :thumbsup:

Before this year, he'd never lost a match which went to 5 sets. I think it now stands at something like 6 he's won and 2 he's lost. He's got great stamina.

I'm watching the tail end of Liam Broady in the boys tourney - caught a glimpse of my son having his packed lunch.

Jo-Willy making the start he wanted!

nice to here that, always seemed to peter out the longer a game went, any time i've watched him. Murray v Tsonga final then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

This 1st semi has all the ingredients to be a cracker........thumbsup.gif

Tell your missus to hurry home then

Ray Winstone

We cant all rely on Daddy's money :smuggy:

On topic Tsonga looking good at the moment :thumbsup:

Just riding on the coat tails of life my friend.....

:greggy:

Archived