Wimbledon 2011

redm

• Replies 885
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Mr Romanov Saviour of HMFC

Murray's chucked it. Injury will soon start to become more of a problem and he'll start greeting to his mum.

:seething:

Would Jamie and Andy Murray have bursds like that if they worked in an office?

:muggy:

Did AM not go out with his bursd before he was famous/good?

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Nadal's reach is frightening. He could beat most players even playing a doubles court.

Ah well, at least you got a set this year Andy.

You are not writing him off already?

Channeling his inner hibs fan it seems. Ah well, he can hope Nadal breaks his foot before the next set.

May as well, Murray already has. 7 games on the trot for Nadal and 3 successive breaks.

Did AM not go out with his bursd before he was famous/good?

She's obviously a very good judge of potential.

Is her dad not a tennis coach? :laugh: gave her the tip off.

If she did she'd be banging Nadal :D

Gordon Ramsay

As soon as he missed that shot in the second set to go 3-1 up that was it. Nadal vs Djokovic final will be brilliant though.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Even the commentators can't be bothered to talk. Resigned to the inevitable.

As soon as he missed that shot in the second set to go 3-1 up that was it. Nadal vs Djokovic final will be brilliant though.

Yup, and the kiss of death from the commentator didn't help. Nadal's a machine, Murray is best of the rest. Can't see him taking a major until Federer, Nadal and Djokovic all retire. Still, with winnings at $15m and rising, can't be bad.

shaun.lawson

Even the commentators can't be bothered to talk. Resigned to the inevitable.

Ha. Nadal in 4 *cough*

shaun.lawson

Who is THAT next to Rafa's BURSD? Her sister?

Blimey. :woot:

RoussetsShorts

Pat Stanton , Mickey weir, rat boy, Jimmy boco, Eduardo hurtardo, Keith wright - YOUR BOY IS TAKING A HELL OF A BEATING !!!! yas !!!

Pat Stanton , Mickey weir, rat boy, Jimmy boco, Eduardo hurtardo, Keith wright - YOUR BOY IS TAKING A HELL OF A BEATING !!!! yas !!!

:lol:

Quite funny.

Dusk_Till_Dawn

What a pile of shit from Murray. Totally bottling it now.

I always have a go at Murray but he's selling himself down the river here having played so well to begin with. No spark, no imagination, nowt

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Murray does have some issues with attitude he could do with some help on but it's harsh to say he's bottling it. Nadal is just so good. When he's fully fit and on form it's not a stretch to claim he's the best ever. On this form I reckon he's untouchable - 5 points lost on his own serve, 5 unforced errors the entire match do far, every single inch of the court in play - nobody who loses to that is "bottling" it.

Gordon Ramsay

Can't believe how he's just literally died out there. I mean I thought it'd happen at some point but this is just awful. He was looking good for a set and a half and then all of a sudden, bang, he becomes totally shite.

Just like Hibs will never win the Scottish Cup again, this guy will never win a Grand Slam. He really is the ultimate bottler.

Nadal is just a phenomenon. He wasn't bothered in the slightest by the loss of the first set. Murray would have crumbled had the tables turned. That's the difference.

Not a chance he'll win 2 sets in a row against this guy.

The Old Tolbooth

Murray is making Nadal look like an amateur with some of these rallies!

You were saying? :whistling:

Mon Rafa, close it out!

hughesie27

I'm going to miss the rest of this match but I predict Murray to storm these next 2 sets. :smug:

Murray does have some issues with attitude he could do with some help on but it's harsh to say he's bottling it. Nadal is just so good. When he's fully fit and on form it's not a stretch to claim he's the best ever. On this form I reckon he's untouchable - 5 points lost on his own serve, 5 unforced errors the entire match do far, every single inch of the court in play - nobody who loses to that is "bottling" it.

All about the attitude. And it's chalk and cheese for Murray in comparison between 1st set and now. 6-0 final set? I would imagine so. And that's not down to Nadal being fantastic, but Murray giving up.

nadal isn't even playing his top stuff but he's still too good by far for murray to cope with. he looks knackered and it's maybe the sheer stress of dealing with nadal that's drained him.

Gordon Ramsay

All about the attitude. And it's chalk and cheese for Murray in comparison between 1st set and now. 6-0 final set? I would imagine so. And that's not down to Nadal being fantastic, but Murray giving up.

Agreed, he could have beat Nadal today, he really could but his attitude lets him down every time.

Eldar Hadzimehmedovic

Agree. He does have some serious desire issues but you almost can't blame him, it must feel like beating this guy is literally impossible.

Murray has no bottle. Wins first set, looses second and just gives up. Always the same, as soon as things start not to go his way he just throws in the towel.

Agreed, he could have beat Nadal today, he really could but his attitude lets him down every time.

Did you see the break point?

It's easy for us to sit here and say he could but it's just about ******* impossible to win a point against the man at times!

Gordon Ramsay

Agree. He does have some serious desire issues but you almost can't blame him, it must feel like beating this guy is literally impossible.

Not really if he'd made that shot in the second set he would have went 3-1 up and then probably would have won his service game to go 4-1 up. He would have then likely went 2 sets up on Nadal and would have had a great chance to beat him. He's just a bottler.

and another thing is that nadal can make an angle where there isn't one to make... almost. he plays closer to the lines and he knows he'll find them. awesome player.

shaun.lawson

Can't believe how he's just literally died out there. I mean I thought it'd happen at some point but this is just awful. He was looking good for a set and a half and then all of a sudden, bang, he becomes totally shite.

Just like Hibs will never win the Scottish Cup again, this guy will never win a Grand Slam. He really is the ultimate bottler.

It's all about intensity. Watch Nadal through a Grand Slam. He plays with the same ferocious intensity on every shot of every point. It's unbelievable, and unheard of. But the reason some of us were criticising Murray during the first week is, while he can do that for part of a five set match, he generally can't for a whole one: especially against the very best.

Nadal is used to the level Murray played at for the first set and a bit: that's the level he always plays at himself. But Murray isn't. I don't think I would call it 'bottling' or 'choking'; I just think, a bit like Tsonga earlier, it was impossible for the world's fourth best player to maintain such an extraordinary level against probably the greatest man ever to pick up a tennis racket.

I have seen this happen in tennis matches before, by the way. Sometimes a whole match changes on just one shot, one mistake. But even if Murray had made that shot, you have to think Nadal would've found a way to win anyway. He always does. I dread to think what the papers will do to Murray after this though! :o

shaun.lawson

Imagine being a top golfer - maybe in the world's top five - and making a 65 at the Masters. Then imagine having to do the same thing all over again in order to stay out in front.

How demoralising would that be? But playing Nadal, that's what it's like. Only Djokovic can live with the guy now: if this was Federer, Nadal would be making mincemeat of him as well.

Gordon Ramsay

It's all about intensity. Watch Nadal through a Grand Slam. He plays with the same ferocious intensity on every shot of every point. It's unbelievable, and unheard of. But the reason some of us were criticising Murray during the first week is, while he can do that for part of a five set match, he generally can't for a whole one: especially against the very best.

Nadal is used to the level Murray played at for the first set and a bit: that's the level he always plays at himself. But Murray isn't. I don't think I would call it 'bottling' or 'choking'; I just think, a bit like Tsonga earlier, it was impossible for the world's fourth best player to maintain such an extraordinary level against probably the greatest man ever to pick up a tennis racket.

I have seen this happen in tennis matches before, by the way. Sometimes a whole match changes on just one shot, one mistake. But even if Murray had made that shot, you have to think Nadal would've found a way to win anyway. He always does. I dread to think what the papers will do to Murray after this though! :o

Still think he could have won today if he didn't let his pants get so brown when he missed a shot.

shaun.lawson

Still think he could have won today if he didn't let his pants get so brown when he missed a shot.

Murray can't maintain Nadal's level of intensity for a full five set match. He can maintain it for about a set and a half. That's why he's number four, and Nadal's probably the greatest who ever lived. Meaning even if he'd made that shot earlier, he'd still have lost (assuming, of course, he does lose).

NB. That isn't to say that Murray is anything other than, well, mercurial. Goran Ivanisevic, watching in the Royal Box, would sympathise, I suspect.

The only thing that seems to be giving Nadal a problem is the thong he seems to be wearing. Keeps pulling it out of his arse crack........lol

RoussetsShorts

Loving every second of this. Murray bottling it, Nadal making him look like a total amateur, media's knives sharpening, Mummy Murray sitting having to watch her son humiliated, Murray's burd gutted they won't be able to afford that house in LA. PLEASING!!!

He's a total hibee, bridge of doom, half empty stadium, nae big cup bottler.

All we need is Jim McIntyre to run on and chip a ball over the net and it's the best night of summer 2011!!

Dusk_Till_Dawn

Finally woken up. Been AWOL for about an hour and a half.

BBC STOP SHOWING THAT MIDDLETON BURD. NOBODY CARES

comradejambo

Suddenly he looks competitive again! Just rediculous he can allow his level to drop for so long....hopefully he can get another chance to break back

Archived