***The Official HEARTS TRANSFER RUMOURS*** Thread

Ryan Gosling

Terms all agreed now, deal will be signed and announced when he returns from his holiday.

Must admit I could have taken or left him myself but you never know with good players around him.

Where is he on holiday?

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Disser Pointon
Terms all agreed now, deal will be signed and announced when he returns from his holiday.

Must admit I could have taken or left him myself but you never know with good players around him.

Where is he on holiday?

Couldn't tell you, is that important!?

Couldn't tell you, is that important!?

It is if someone is trying to catch you out. rolleyes.gif

I am a bit Meh about him if I am being honest.

It's reassuring if they think they have a chance of getting him. Suggests that the wage demands can't be too far away from what we would pay.

Its apparantly not his wage demands, but His agent's who wants ?100k. Hearts told him to GTF.

Johanes de Silentio

Its apparantly not his wage demands, but His agent's who wants ?100k. Hearts told him to GTF.

If an agent is asking us for ?100k, then the deal is dead.

Does that have anything to do with why the move down South stalled? If it wouldn't set an unfortunate precedent I would be tempted to pay it but we can't allow the club to be held to ransom like that. Hope Gomis tells his agent to sort it out.

If an agent is asking us for ?100k, then the deal is dead.

What is the average agents fee?

So, if my maths is on, and the agent is taking at least 10%, Gomis might be asking for a ?1m signing on fee?

**** that.

% of the signing on fee.

Not necessary, Read this week that some contracts presented to clubs, once calculated, gave the agent more money over the term of the contract than the player. And that was from players in Scotland looking for deals.

Whitley Bay, I heard ;):whistling:

GC

thumbsup.gif cheers, was just curious.

Hope he is enjoying the Spanish city and blue flag beaches.

portobellojambo1

So, if my maths is on, and the agent is taking at least 10%, Gomis might be asking for a ?1m signing on fee?

**** that.

The agent cut is normally a %age of the transfer fee paid, but not in all cases. It is relatively simple from the players point of view. If Gomis or Buaben (or both) wanted to come to Tynecastle but the agent was putting the deal in danger through his demands the simple answer for both is to remove him as their agent and deal appoint someone who is more flexible.

In fact if both are now out of contract at Dundee United there should be no transfer fee involved so it may well be just what the agent wants, and any agent that is charging a fee of ?100k for arranging two moves to new clubs falls into the same league as other such persons I have no time for, robbing bar stewards.

Maybe football agents should have been brought under the RDR review (I thought that was covering all robbing bar stewards).

Any word on Buaben? Are we after him too?

Yes - I feel he is the player we will sign from the either him or Gomis. His partner is 'Keith Cheggers' back in Dundee and wants to remain near her family.

Can't see Gomis coming due to the reasons stated here.

The agent cut is normally a %age of the transfer fee paid, but not in all cases. It is relatively simple from the players point of view. If Gomis or Buaben (or both) wanted to come to Tynecastle but the agent was putting the deal in danger through his demands the simple answer for both is to remove him as their agent and deal appoint someone who is more flexible.

In fact if both are now out of contract at Dundee United there should be no transfer fee involved so it may well be just what the agent wants, and any agent that is charging a fee of ?100k for arranging two moves to new clubs falls into the same league as other such persons I have no time for, robbing bar stewards.

Maybe football agents should have been brought under the RDR review (I thought that was covering all robbing bar stewards).

RDR - Jeesh PJ1 you need to switch off from work.....

Yes - I feel he is the player we will sign from the either him or Gomis. His partner is 'Keith Cheggers' back in Dundee and wants to remain near her family.

Can't see Gomis coming due to the reasons stated here.

IMO Buaben is probably the better player and younger at only 23 years of age.

If the rumours about Gomis and his agent wanting too much money are true, I think he may struggle to get a decent move as we are the only club that can offer an attractive package outside of the old firm and I dont think either of them are interested.

cosanostra

A pro-footballer told me a few years ago that at SPL level, a signing on fee for an out of contract player can be anything for 4 months to 12 months gross salary up front for the player, depending on how much the team wants the player. It also depends on how the deal is weighted in terms of bonuses, salary and signing on fee. Even if it was 6 months of salary for a signing on fee, that might be around 100k that the club would have to pay to the agent / player directly. So there may be no transfer fee involved but they're still not free transfers.

cosanostra

If the rumours about Gomis and his agent wanting too much money are true, I think he may struggle to get a decent move as we are the only club that can offer an attractive package outside of the old firm and I dont think either of them are interested.

I think Gomis is much better at passing and playmaking but Buaben is more energetic and attacking. Gomis is has been the best passer of the ball in the SPL for the last few years IMO. I think either of them would be good signings but Gomis would be my first choice.

I think Gomis is much better at passing and playmaking but Buaben is more energetic and attacking. Gomis is has been the best passer of the ball in the SPL for the last few years IMO. I think either of them would be good signings but Gomis would be my first choice.

I really can't decide between them.

Does any one know how many times they played in the same team for Dundee United last season? Just thinking if it's worth bringing in both if there's already a partnership there.

I really can't decide between them.

Does any one know how many times they played in the same team for Dundee United last season? Just thinking if it's worth bringing in both if there's already a partnership there.

No guarantee that the partnership would carry over, imo.

Pretty sure Tynecastle is a much smaller pitch than at Tannadice, which would have an impact on their games at first. There'd still be a settling in period for them both.

I do, however, agree that bringing them both in would be rather good. Gomis breaking up play, moving it on. Buaben bursting from box to box and Rudi smashing in goals from his own half. Enough to give you a total rager.

No guarantee that the partnership would carry over, imo.

Pretty sure Tynecastle is a much smaller pitch than at Tannadice, which would have an impact on their games at first. There'd still be a settling in period for them both.

I do, however, agree that bringing them both in would be rather good. Gomis breaking up play, moving it on. Buaben bursting from box to box and Rudi smashing in goals from his own half. Enough to give you a total rager.

Good point.

I'm not so sure we'll continue to play 5 in midfield next season, I can see us going to 4-4-2 with Sutton and Elliot up front until Kyle is fully fit. Which also makes me think Rudi won't be here next season.

Good point.

I'm not so sure we'll continue to play 5 in midfield next season, I can see us going to 4-4-2 with Sutton and Elliot up front until Kyle is fully fit. Which also makes me think Rudi won't be here next season.

Like I said in another thead, if we're genuinely talking to Flynn, Towlie, Gomis and Buaben, then Rudi will be offski imo.

Seriously hope I'm wrong, though.

He's easily our most technically gifted player.

Like I said in another thead, if we're genuinely talking to Flynn, Towlie, Gomis and Buaben, then Rudi will be offski imo.

Seriously hope I'm wrong, though.

He's easily our most technically gifted player.

I'm in two minds about him now. I want to see how good he is in Europe for us next season but at the same time I'd rather we signed two young and hungry midfielders on his wage.

If he does go I'll not be half as disappointed as the last time he left us.

Johanes de Silentio

Nae idea, but Vlad isn't keen on lining the pockets of greedy agents - if this greedy ***** id asking for ?100k, then the shows over.

I thought they had the same agent. It would be weird if he was wanting a massive cut out of one deal and not the other.

Arthur Morgan

I thought they had the same agent. It would be weird if he was wanting a massive cut out of one deal and not the other.

This.

They do have the same agent. All three wanted ?100k. Gomis and Bauben as a signing on Fee, and an agents fee for representing both players. Hearts persuaded the players to drop to ?25k each, which they accepted, but the agent refused to budge on his ?100k.

They do have the same agent. All three wanted ?100k. Gomis and Bauben as a signing on Fee, and an agents fee for representing both players. Hearts persuaded the players to drop to ?25k each, which they accepted, but the agent refused to budge on his ?100k.

What a selfish prick, possibly ruining a move that his clients are after because he won't make as much money.

If it was me, I'd be telling him to gtf.

Craigieboy

Bit boring on the old transfer front these days.

Now I know how the vermin feel.

Vlad won't put up with this greed from the agent IMO. Either he drops his demands, or no deal which would be a major disappointment.

?100k for representing them is ridonkulous!!

Hope the deal goes through one way or another. :thumbsup:

kingantti1874

i know it wont happen but im desperate for this one to come off...so on that basis maybe we should look at it this way - if gomis had a year of his contract to run would we pay 100k for him? im sure we would... although i do agree agents are at it so would be a poor point of principal.

on the positive side he hasnt been snapped up yet by another club...

Tell him to ram it.

No doubt Gomis is a good player but lets remember Dundee United is as good as its got for Gomis (so far). Its not as if the agent is representing some boy who has played Ligue 1. Wasn't so long ago Gomis was non-league down south before cowdenbeath snapped him up.

The agent needs to have a word with himself.

jamboinglasgow

And to think the point if an agent was supposed to help the player get the best deal for the player. Some agents (not all as there are good agents) are parasites living off football.

You'd think it was a players job to get the best deal for an agent, and not the other way round.

Madness.

dont think any of the two of them are likely to sign for us by the sound of things.Unless anyone knows otherwise....

jamboinglasgow

You'd think it was a players job to get the best deal for an agent, and not the other way round.

Madness.

It's like stories you hear of agents who will keep encouraging their clients to love club, so the agent can keep getting a fee with each new move. It's like a documentary I watched following the president and staff of Barcelona for a year. At one point they enter talks with one of their players to renew his contract, after a 30 min meeting when the players terms are agreed, his agent demands a 1 million euro agent fee. Which point Barca pull out of talks.

It's like stories you hear of agents who will keep encouraging their clients to love club, so the agent can keep getting a fee with each new move. It's like a documentary I watched following the president and staff of Barcelona for a year. At one point they enter talks with one of their players to renew his contract, after a 30 min meeting when the players terms are agreed, his agent demands a 1 million euro agent fee. Which point Barca pull out of talks.

Good on Barca! They could easily afford it, but they're sticking to their principles.

I recently stopped using a financial advisor who tried to get me to move lender, telling me it would be a better deal for me. I phoned my current lender directly, and discovered that they could better the offer he had found. He just wanted his cut from the switch, and it was gonna cost me a fortune in fees.

Moral of the story..cut out the middle man. :thumbsup:

If I was either player I would ditch the agent who tbh isn't looking out for their best interests and go back to Hearts and take the deal on the table(which I assume they have had a look at and like).

Charlie-Brown

I'd pay the ?100k tbh. :ermm:

Why? It would be dead money and also send a signal to agents they can try to rip us off, they would do better to sack their agent and we could pay the players a little bit extra signing on fee instead.

I'd pay the ?100k tbh. :ermm:

I'd rather pay the money than lose out, but don't think Vlad would want to pay the agent, given what he has said about agents in the past.

As a matter of principle, you could understand why Vlad might take issue with this deal, but it would be a shame to miss the chance of signing two very good midfielders.

If they were under contract, we'd be paying a much higher price, so you might say it's a necessary evil, but would this be setting a bad precedent for future dealings with agents?

Why? It would be dead money and also send a signal to agents they can try to rip us off, they would do better to sack their agent and we could pay the players a little bit extra signing on fee instead.

Well, if we've got the players down to ?25k each and got their wages negotiated I don't think it's that bad to give in to that demand. We're getting these players on a free transfer (plus whatever Buaben's compensation is), ?100k would be seen as a steal if it was a transfer and because of the free agency in modern football, it's allowed players to negotiate better terms because clubs aren't splashing out on transfer fees.

These players will be in high demand, and if this agent isn't going to budge, I'd hate to see us lose out on a couple of very good players because we wouldn't folk out ?100k.

If this is true, then Hearts absolutely must 'out' this agent (once the playes have signed a deal - either with us or elsewhere).

Parasites like these agents are one of the biggest problems in the global game.

How on earth can that fee be justified? It's 4* what the players are gettin FFS.

Charlie-Brown

Well, if we've got the players down to ?25k each and got their wages negotiated I don't think it's that bad to give in to that demand. We're getting these players on a free transfer (plus whatever Buaben's compensation is), ?100k would be seen as a steal if it was a transfer and because of the free agency in modern football, it's allowed players to negotiate better terms because clubs aren't splashing out on transfer fees.

These players will be in high demand, and if this agent isn't going to budge, I'd hate to see us lose out on a couple of very good players because we wouldn't folk out ?100k.

IF the players were under contract we wouldn't be signing them it's that simple - a ?100K might be considered low when compared to a transfer fee but we wouldn't have paid a transfer fee for them so it's a moot point. If they are in high demand and they decide to go elsewhere it will be because other clubs have offered them more money not because Hearts wouldn't pay an agents his personal demands.

IF the players were under contract we wouldn't be signing them it's that simple - a ?100K might be considered low when compared to a transfer fee but we wouldn't have paid a transfer fee for them so it's a moot point. If they are in high demand and they decide to go elsewhere it will be because other clubs have offered them more money not because Hearts wouldn't pay an agents his personal demands.

The point I was making was that if they were offered to us by a club for ?100k, it would be considered a steal. That's why agents drive a hard bargain on free agency transfers because they can claim that the club are not having to pay any transfer. Therefore a little more money to the players and their representatives is justified, whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant, that's standard practice these days.

As I understand, terms have been agreed with the players so they're clearly happy with whatever wages we're offering. The sticking point is the agent's fee, so if we do miss out on them it's because we didn't meet the agents demands for a fee if neither side climbs down from their position.

I think that it's a price worth paying, although I fully understand the club not wanting to be held to ransom by an agent who is preventing things moving forward because of his own personal greed. I'm not agreeing with what he's doing, but it sounds to me that this deal is on the table and ready to get moving as soon as we either meet the demands of the agent or he reduces his fee.

Archived