***The Official HEARTS TRANSFER RUMOURS*** Thread

Ryan Gosling

Drylaw Hearts

Well it depends on who blinks first and doesn't want to lose face Hearts or the players agent? - Hearts WON'T pay it even if that means losing the players - Iam 100% certain of that - if the players want to sign for Hearts then the players will have to get the agent to reduce his demands of forfeit more of their own money to make up the difference if he really has got that much control over them? It's a bare-faced sting and Hearts won't be blackmailed this way especially when there are dozens of other options in the transfer market.

I'd rather we paid the money and secured the services of 2 players who will improve our squad.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

I'd rather we paid the money and secured the services of 2 players who will improve our squad.

?100K would buy you Ryan Flynn and probably enable you to conclude the signing on fees for Taouil, Diamond or other players Jim Jefferies would like to bring in..........IF Hearts were ever going to pay ?100K to the Agent then they would have already done so - thankfully they have not and won't imo.

Romanov has wasted millions of pounds on duds and high contracts for mediocre players.

We now have a chance to sign two players who would undoubtedly improve our squad, proven players, with little risk for ?150k.

It's a no brainer.

Yes, it's shit that the agent rakes in the cash, but that's the world we live in, that's football, and cutting our nose off to spite our face in this instance is not going to change how the system works.

Charlie-Brown

Romanov has wasted millions of pounds on duds and high contracts for mediocre players.

We now have a chance to sign two players who would undoubtedly improve our squad, proven players, with little risk for ?150k.

It's a no brainer.

Yes, it's shit that the agent rakes in the cash, but that's the world we live in, that's football, and cutting our nose off to spite our face in this instance is not going to change how the system works.

Bleat all you want it's still not going to happen, Hearts have got a limited pot of money to bring in new players including other targets Jim Jefferies would like to bring in - the more money the agents 'fleece' off Hearts the less money left in the pot for football players.

I love all this bickering over something which is more than likely a lot of shite anyway.

Does anybody know that this is what is holding up the deal for sure???

johndawgylt

I love all this bickering over something which is more than likely a lot of shite anyway.

Well Lad hasn't emailed me back so I'm not sure....

Son Of Anarchy

It's a no brainer.

Im torn on this one.Normally I'd say stuff the agent and hope we walk away from the deal but double standards or not,I think 150k is a bargain for the two players no matter where the money is going. I also think the players should turn round to the agent and demand he lower his fees for the sake of their career.

Bleat all you want it's still not going to happen, Hearts have got a limited pot of money to bring in new players including other targets Jim Jefferies would like to bring in - the more money the agents 'fleece' off Hearts the less money left in the pot for football players.

Nobody has said they think it will happen, we've just said that it's a price worth paying. Less money in the pot for other players, but we'll be bringing in two quality midfielders that'll greatly improve our side.

You're the one doing all the bleating. :lol:

Charlie-Brown

Well there is the possibility there is no deal agreed or no agreement on terms or the players are waiting on other offers?

Other clubs have been rumoured to have been interested only to withdraw their interest - I reckon the agent/sheister theory is probably quite accurate ...... perhaps those who think Hearts should just pay the agents alleged demands should email him their bank details? :)

Charlie-Brown

Nobody has said they think it will happen, we've just said that it's a price worth paying. Less money in the pot for other players, but we'll be bringing in two quality midfielders that'll greatly improve our side.

You're the one doing all the bleating. :lol:

Iam not doing any bleating Iam confident Hearts won't be held to ransom - the players and their agent will either reduce their demands or they will sign elsewhere - if they sign elsewhere lets see who does the bleating? I can assure you it wont be me! ;)

I can't believe we are in for Buaban as well :thumbsup:

If we sign them and a centre back then that's us sorted. :)

Provided we sort out the Rudi and Kello situation.

If we got Emerenko on top of all that and kept Wallace, Then the league would be a serious possiblesity. :teehee:

:yas:

Im torn on this one.Normally I'd say stuff the agent and hope we walk away from the deal but double standards or not,I think 150k is a bargain for the two players no matter where the money is going. I also think the players should turn round to the agent and demand he lower his fees for the sake of their career.

Problem with that is these two players won't be short of offers and I'm sure their agent can find a club that'll pay the kind of money he wants for his fee.

We've got the deal in place, all we need is to get the agent fee sorted. As much as it pisses me off that this guy seems to be blocking a deal for his own interests, I think these two players are worth it.

Iam not doing any bleating Iam confident Hearts won't be held to ransom - the players and their agent will either reduce their demands or they will sign elsewhere - if they sign elsewhere lets see who does the bleating? I can assure you it wont be me! ;)

Yes, and I don't see anyone that has disagreed with what you've said. The personal view of many here is that ?100k would be worth paying just to get it through, I think we all know our club well enough to know that Romanov won't be pushed around by some arsehole agent.

Drylaw Hearts

I just don't think CB wants Hearts to sign anymore players.

He must have had kittens when we signed the 3 we did.

Charlie-Brown

Yes, and I don't see anyone that has disagreed with what you've said. The personal view of many here is that ?100k would be worth paying just to get it through, I think we all know our club well enough to know that Romanov won't be pushed around by some arsehole agent.

It wouldn't be worth it on several levels

1. the agent would allegedly be getting 4 x the amount his client (our new players were getting)

2. he would have done next to nothing to have earned it - at least the players provide something back in return

3. it would increase the price and demands of all future bosman players knowing that if we wanted a player we'd buckle on the agents fees

4. it reduces the amount left in the pot for other players JJ would like

5. there are many better uses for 100K at HMFC than lining some African Spivs pockets.

i think we should pay the money.

i don't think Hearts will.

A more succinct version of my argument. :thumbsup:

...a bit disco

Don't think my fiver JKB subs will cover this one tho'!

:lol::thumbsup:

If there was an opportunity to improve our squad by signing two players, who have proved to be good players at SPL level, it's a no brainer IMO... Pay up! :thumbsup:

Who knows, it may result in there being no money left for plug! :D

super_vlad

The main thing people are missing is the fact that these 2 are free agents!!!! We have already offered them a much larger wage than they were at utd or what anyone else has offered! If they were contract to utd and we bought them then the wage offered to them would be much lower and more in line with what they were on at utd!

You don't pay extra in wages then basically a large transfer fee! Its one or the other! Also people getting a bit carried away with both of these players imo! What happens with eggy, black, mcgowen, Adrian, hamil and stevo? Fair enough strength the squad but seems a waste of money in my eyes!

Charlie-Brown

The main thing people are missing is the fact that these 2 are free agents!!!! We have already offered them a much larger wage than they were at utd or what anyone else has offered! If they were contract to utd and we bought them then the wage offered to them would be much lower and more in line with what they were on at utd!

You don't pay extra in wages then basically a large transfer fee! Its one or the other! Also people getting a bit carried away with both of these players imo! What happens with eggy, black, mcgowen, Adrian, hamil and stevo? Fair enough strength the squad but seems a waste of money in my eyes!

the players are allegedly happy with their terms and signing on fee - what i can't get my head around is that Hearts fans knowing the club are operating with limited finances are happy to give away ?100K basically for NOTHING - a few phone calls and emails etc for a few hours work. Hearts don't have to pay the agent anything and the players are free to sign for whoever they want to regardless of their agents advice - if they are in the grip of a greedy spiv trying to fleece clubs and take 4 times as much of the money as them then that's their lookout - HMFC shouldn't and won't play that game imo. Either the players and their agent will get realistic or there will be no deal.

innerjambo

eggy is crap

Adrian is crap

Black is crap

There you go, sorted it for you!! :thumbsup:

Only a Game

First off. I dont believe for a minute that someone on here knows the intimate details of Hearts dealings with an agent, the signing on fees of the players concerned, how the negotiations are going, or the agent fees involved in said dealings. I dont believe for a minute that someone who was party to those figures would come on here and publicise their knowledge, because lets face it, that information is known only to a few people, namely the people doing the negotiating and they are quite protective about keeping it a secret.

However, if ?100k is indeed a pretty standard agent fee for securing the services of an SPL player who is a free agent then we need to pay it for Gomis and/or Bauben, because presumably we'd need to pay it for any other player we might care to mention who fits into their category.

If its simply a rogue agent taking the piss and thinking he can fleece Hearts for an over the top ?100k, and its not the industry standard then we should tell him to bolt and make it known to Gomis and Bauben that if they want to come to Hearts, they use the services of a more reasonable agent, or no agent at all, or an agent approved by Hearts.

If they dont want to do that, they are a part of the same problem, they are in fact supporting the agents position by going along with this and we should look elsewhere, because frankly, they're both fairly average. Better than we've got but still fairly average.

super_vlad

First off. I dont believe for a minute that someone on here knows the intimate details of Hearts dealings with an agent, the signing on fees of the players concerned, how the negotiations are going, or the agent fees involved in said dealings. I dont believe for a minute that someone who was party to those figures would come on here and publicise their knowledge, because lets face it, that information is known only to a few people, namely the people doing the negotiating and they are quite protective about keeping it a secret.

However, if ?100k is indeed a pretty standard agent fee for securing the services of an SPL player who is a free agent then we need to pay it for Gomis and/or Bauben, because presumably we'd need to pay it for any other player we might care to mention who fits into their category.

If its simply a rogue agent taking the piss and thinking he can fleece Hearts for an over the top ?100k, and its not the industry standard then we should tell him to bolt and make it known to Gomis and Bauben that if they want to come to Hearts, they use the services of a more reasonable agent, or no agent at all, or an agent approved by Hearts.

If they dont want to do that, they are a part of the same problem, they are in fact supporting the agents position by going along with this and we should look elsewhere, because frankly, they're both fairly average. Better than we've got but still fairly average.

Can not disagree with a single word!

BobbyJenkins

Assuming we see a sell on potential with this pair, perhaps Vlad should see it purely as speculate to accumulate and regard the agent 'fee' as a necessary cost.

I agree CB that it is a sham and the agent gets a lot for doing very little but this has been the way in football for a long time now. Doesnt make it right but its a reality unfortunately.

Its all very well people saying that the players have agreed terms and they should get rid of their agent but as others have said there are contractual obligations. If the deal goes through, or even if it doesnt, Id be gettin rid of the agent asap if I was them.

I doubt this is the first time this has happened with an agent and Hearts and if there are other clubs interested in them then he'll get his 100k either way Im sure.

Anyway, who knows if any of this is true!

innerjambo

the players are allegedly happy with their terms and signing on fee - what i can't get my head around is that Hearts fans knowing the club are operating with limited finances are happy to give away ?100K basically for NOTHING - a few phone calls and emails etc for a few hours work. Hearts don't have to pay the agent anything and the players are free to sign for whoever they want to regardless of their agents advice - if they are in the grip of a greedy spiv trying to fleece clubs and take 4 times as much of the money as them then that's their lookout - HMFC shouldn't and won't play that game imo. Either the players and their agent will get realistic or there will be no deal.

But that's exactly the point. The players are not free to sign for whoever they want, they will be contracted to

the agent and have to adhere to what it states.

Seems like Hearts are going for players I signed in my FIFA 11 Hearts team last year. Webster, Sutton and maybe Buaban and Gomis.

Just need whittiker, Rooney, Conway and Davies now :whistling::ninja:

All funded by selling Driver to Dortmund for ?13.5m

It's like a prophesy B)

Just a bit of support for the agents!

I think agents are mostly freelance and their fee reflects all the work and costs gone in to the deal plus profit. For me ?100k is steep but I expect agents spend a lot of time visiting clubs getting the trust of managers and other players in order to do business. All this travel and taking managers out for posh meals (brible's and bungs) needs to paid for. I'm sure agents also need to pay for lawyers and accountants to help with contracts etc.

Maybe their agent has been all over Europe to find them club and it just so happens is the only firm off is from us. This could be his only big deal of the year so hence that 100k is paying his travel and hotel costs to more then one club, the lawyers and accountants, back handers ,and giving him a salary to live off.

Also deals for players possibly come once every few years and like in this case,, clubs could argue the fee and the agent might get heehaw, hence needs to cover their losses.

Everybody loves Baz

That's the problem with folk on here, just cause we want it to happen, doesn't mean it should.

It's Mr Romanov that pays for it all in the end; and we all know his stance on greedy feckin agents.

If it's gonna happen, it will.

But if it doesn't, It won't be Romanovs fault, but the Agents.

Just a bit of support for the agents!

I think agents are mostly freelance and their fee reflects all the work and costs gone in to the deal plus profit. For me ?100k is steep but I expect agents spend a lot of time visiting clubs getting the trust of managers and other players in order to do business. All this travel and taking managers out for posh meals (brible's and bungs) needs to paid for. I'm sure agents also need to pay for lawyers and accountants to help with contracts etc.

Maybe their agent has been all over Europe to find them club and it just so happens is the only firm off is from us. This could be his only big deal of the year so hence that 100k is paying his travel and hotel costs to more then one club, the lawyers and accountants, back handers ,and giving him a salary to live off.

Also deals for players possibly come once every few years and like in this case,, clubs could argue the fee and the agent might get heehaw, hence needs to cover their losses.

I'm pretty sure that players pay their agents as well! Because agents deal with a lot of stuff as well as transfers so I'm sure they get paid by players. Otherwise one-club-players' agents would be skint!

I think Vlad should pay to allow us the players :-) he could then give him a bonus ride on his submarine. Some of the 100k could find it's way back again

:rofl:

Bleat?

Hearts have a limited pot - correct.

Limited pot has to be spent as well as possible - correct.

These two players are very likely to be the best we can get, if we have to go for other players we will no doubt be signing a player who is likely to be more of a risk.

Value for money would be to sign the better players (who like it or not are a snip at 150k) than risk bloating the squad with average players like we've been doing for years who are less likel to succeed and just be a drain on resources like the many, many players brought in by our saviour.

Clerry Jambo

Bleat?

These two players are very likely to be the best we can get, if we have to go for other players we will no doubt be signing a player who is likely to be more of a risk.

Value for money would be to sign the better players (who like it or not are a snip at 150k) than risk bloating the squad with average players like we've been doing for years who are less likel to succeed and just be a drain on resources like the many, many players brought in by our saviour.

Spot on Merse :thumbsup:

Arthur Morgan

Bleat?

Bravo! :thumbsup:

Tommy Wiseau

Like it or not......Agents have a big say in where players end up.

If I thought we could have got those 2 players for that money in signing-on fees than I would have been ok with that. How it's divided up is not really my concern.

Agree in principle, DH, but I'm just wondering if the situation isn't a little more complex than that i.e. Hearts say "the three of you need to drop your demands", Buaben and Gomis "Yep, no probs", Agent "nah", Hearts "aye fine, you two get the lower amount, he gets the lot" - I know I'd be fizzing if I dropped my demands after heavy persuasion from the club, only for my agent to refuse to budge and yet still get the money I missed out on anyway. Could be something that would sour the move for some players, maybe?

I can't believe we are in for Buaban as well :thumbsup:

BELIEVE. B)

Bleat?

Yep, we can question whether or not these rumours are true, but I don't think anyone could say that signing those two lads for less than the ?300k we offered for Bryson would be anything other than a cracking piece of business. We can't be held to ransom, but a midfield of Rudi/Driver, Bauben, Gomis and Templeton would be awesome.Hope we can find a compromise.

Agree in principle, DH, but I'm just wondering if the situation isn't a little more complex than that i.e. Hearts say "the three of you need to drop your demands", Buaben and Gomis "Yep, no probs", Agent "nah", Hearts "aye fine, you two get the lower amount, he gets the lot" - I know I'd be fizzing if I dropped my demands after heavy persuasion from the club, only for my agent to refuse to budge and yet still get the money I missed out on anyway. Could be something that would sour the move for some players, maybe?

BELIEVE. B)

A lot of clubs have had to pay agents over the odds for the players they want. Anyone who has ever dealt with Carlos Tevez for example.

Tommy Wiseau

A lot of clubs have had to pay agents over the odds for the players they want. Anyone who has ever dealt with Carlos Tevez for example.

Mmmmmmyyyyyyeeeeeesssss?

That's very true. Doesn't have a whole lot to do with my post though, I've already said that I agree the money would be well spent. My point was, maybe it is possible that if Gomis and Buaben drop their demands at our request but the agent doesn't have to, the deal could be off from their end - or they could just demand the full ?100k each from us again?

Drylaw Hearts

I'm catching your drift Charles.

If the story is true they really need to have a word with him and threaten to look elsewhere unless he takes the same ?25k the players have accepted.

However....

I'm not convinced the story is 100% accurate.

The People's Chimp

Well there is the possibility there is no deal agreed or no agreement on terms or the players are waiting on other offers?

Other clubs have been rumoured to have been interested only to withdraw their interest - I reckon the agent/sheister theory is probably quite accurate ...... perhaps those who think Hearts should just pay the agents alleged demands should email him their bank details? :)

That's at least three less than subtle digs on the origin of the players/agents in almost as many posts.

Is there another reason you're seething about this issue that you're not telling us?

Tommy Wiseau

That's at least three less than subtle digs on the origin of the players/agents in almost as many posts.

Is there another reason you're seething about this issue that you're not telling us?

Charlie "hates you if you're"'s impression of all African players' agents:

fonejacker.jpg

:turned:

E: I am not really accusing CB of being a racist, cheers.

The People's Chimp

Just what I was thinking. Let's leave it to the club to sort out. Rather then attacking an agent via his e-mail based on rumour rather then fact.

I'm glad to see you're suitably embarrassed. dry.gif

Really? I mean, really?

You're right CB. We won't sign anybody this transfer window. Just like the last three or four.thumbsup.gif

jamboinglasgow

Really? I mean, really?

I explained myself earlier, I fell for it, hands up, ok?

Special Agent Dale Cooper

Its probably a scam by the players. split the money three ways and pretend its all the big bad agent!

150k for two players who...

• have been among the best midfielders in the league over the last few years,
  • have played together for years,
  • are still young and may have some potential sell-on value,
  • and play in a position where our current options are Ian Black and Adrian Mrowiec?

Yes please.

Can anyone confirm that we are actually after both Buaben & Gomis as I thought it would be one or the other.

If we actually did sign the pair and brought in a central defender and possibly Taouil then we would have a fantastic squad even if Lee wallace does move by the end of August.

johndawgylt

I explained myself earlier, I fell for it, hands up, ok?

Still not heard back from Lad :lol:

rossthejambo

Really? I mean, really?

Christ, even when I put smileys on the end of my posts I get taken seriously...when will this madness end?!!?!?

Its probably a scam by the players. split the money three ways and pretend its all the big bad agent!

You never know.

Archived