***The Official HEARTS TRANSFER RUMOURS*** Thread

Ryan Gosling

Tasavallan

I understand the paying of a 'signing-on fee' to out of contract players is not uncommon. However, payment of the same by a club to a player's agent is. I am sure that the FIFA Regulations state that any payment to a player's agent can only be made by the player.

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Charlie-Brown

I understand the paying of a 'signing-on fee' to out of contract players is not uncommon. However, payment of the same by a club to a player's agent is. I am sure that the FIFA Regulations state that any payment to a player's agent can only be made by the player.

Correct - here is what FIFA rules on players agents says

The representation contract shall explicitly state who is responsible for paying the

players? agent and in what manner. Any laws applicable in the territory of the

association shall be taken into account. Payment shall be made exclusively by the

client of the players? agent directly to the players? agent. However, after the conclusion

of the relevant transaction, the player may give his written consent for the club to pay

the player?s agent on his behalf. The payment made on behalf of the player must reflect

the general terms of payment agreed between the player and the player?s agent.

from here http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%2009%2010/FIFA_Regs_Players_Agents_pg417-430.ashx/FIFA_Regs_Players_Agents_pg417-430.pdf

Any Hearts fan that thinks Hearts should hand over 4 times as much money to the agent than either Buaben or Gomis would receive when there is no contractual obligation for Hearts to pay the agent anything at all needs their head examined imo (assuming this rumour is true - it's JKB so like 99% of rumours posted on here it's probably fairy tales)

I think we have shelled out more than 100k for worst players in the past. I mean did we not pay 120k or something for Balogh, and a development fee or something for Witteveen?

I know the fees were not paid to agents but come on, 100k or so for two solid, very good SPL players is a very good deal even though they are out of contract. You know what your going to get from them week in week out, and saves us from spending the money on players like Diamond.

Charlie-Brown

I think we have shelled out more than 100k for worst players in the past. I mean did we not pay 120k or something for Balogh, and a development fee or something for Witteveen?

I know the fees were not paid to agents but come on, 100k or so for two solid, very good SPL players is a very good deal even though they are out of contract. You know what your going to get from them week in week out, and saves us from spending the money on players like Diamond.

The players have allegedly agreed to take ?25K each to sign on - IF their agent wants ?100K then he has to get that from Buaben and Gomis themselves - that is the rules - players compensate their agents not football clubs (at least not directly) - Buaben and Gomis should be asking for a signing on fee that allows them to pay their agent his demands. Hearts don't owe the agent anything - so if the 2 players have agreed to sign on for ?50K combined and it's them who pays the agent why should Hearts pony up another ?100K ?

Every time I see this thread bumped up I think there might be some actual transfer news.

Silly me....it's still people arguing about this 100k!

Can the mods please rename this thread "Deal or No Deal?".

jamboinglasgow

Every time I see this thread bumped up I think there might be some actual transfer news.

Silly me....it's still people arguing about this 100k!

Can the mods please rename this thread "Deal or No Deal?".

I agree, can that chat about agents move to another thread as it is now boring as the arguments are being repeated and this thread is for rumours which are more interesting.

Drylaw Hearts

The players have allegedly agreed to take ?25K each to sign on - IF their agent wants ?100K then he has to get that from Buaben and Gomis themselves - that is the rules - players compensate their agents not football clubs (at least not directly) - Buaben and Gomis should be asking for a signing on fee that allows them to pay their agent his demands. Hearts don't owe the agent anything - so if the 2 players have agreed to sign on for ?50K combined and it's them who pays the agent why should Hearts pony up another ?100K ?

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1334481/Premier-League-clubs-reduce-spending-agents-fees-3m--figure-tops-67m.html

If thats the rules someone forgot to tell the EPL.

Charlie-Brown

I assume the English Premier League are governed by the Footballl Association whose handbook I quoted regarding the rules on agents http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%2009%2010/FIFA_Regs_Players_Agents_pg417-430.ashx/FIFA_Regs_Players_Agents_pg417-430.pdf

IF English clubs flaunt their own rules that's their business maybe Gomis & Buaben's agent should try his luck fleecing clubs down there?

Hearts shouldn't pay the agent ?100K when the players are only getting a fraction of that (allegedly) and the club are under no obligation to pay him anything ........ anyway IF it wasn't a problem or an issue Hearts would have simply paid it and the players would be here now.

Drylaw Hearts

I assume the English Premier League are governed by the Footballl Association whose handbook I quoted regarding the rules on agents http://www.thefa.com/TheFA/RulesandRegulations/~/media/Files/PDF/TheFA/FA%20Handbook%2009%2010/FIFA_Regs_Players_Agents_pg417-430.ashx/FIFA_Regs_Players_Agents_pg417-430.pdf

IF English clubs flaunt their own rules that's their business maybe Gomis & Buaben's agent should try his luck fleecing clubs down there?

Hearts shouldn't pay the agent ?100K when the players are only getting a fraction of that (allegedly) and the club are under no obligation to pay him anything ........ anyway IF it wasn't a problem or an issue Hearts would have simply paid it and the players would be here now.

I'd pay the cash to get the players.

The End.

rossthejambo

I assume the English Premier League are governed by the Footballl Association whose handbook I quoted regarding the rules on agents http://www.thefa.com...s_pg417-430.pdf

Maybe they're awaiting JJ's return from holiday.

Personally, I can see both sides of the arguement, but I'd be gutted if we missed out on 2 very good SPL players, who are better than what he have, because we wouldn't pay a measly 100k for the 2 of them.

Charlie-Brown

Maybe they're awaiting JJ's return from holiday.

Personally, I can see both sides of the arguement, but I'd be gutted if we missed out on 2 very good SPL players, who are better than what he have, because we wouldn't pay a measly 100k for the 2 of them.

100K is not measly or to be sniffed at in the current SPL financial climate - some players only earn half that amount per year, clubs like St Mirren have been reported as offered players ?500 a week contracts for next season, apart from the perhaps Celtic i don't think anybody in the SPL is in a position to GIFT an agent ?100K.

rossthejambo

100K is not measly or to be sniffed at in the current SPL financial climate - some players only earn half that amount per year, clubs like St Mirren have been reported as offered players ?500 a week contracts for next season, apart from the perhaps Celtic i don't think anybody in the SPL is in a position to GIFT an agent ?100K.

It is less than half what we were willing to pay Kilmarnock for Craig Bryson last year, we'd be getting 2 players for this fee.

Personally I have no problem with this.

We are not St Mirren.

We do not pay ?500 p/w contracts.

Even if the money is grudged (which of course it is) it doesn't mean it wouldn't be money well spent if it secures the players.

Charlie-Brown

We are not St Mirren.

We do not pay ?500 p/w contracts.

Even if the money is grudged (which of course it is) it doesn't mean it wouldn't be money well spent if it secures the players.

We don't have to pay it, we won't pay it or anything like that amount, it's a game of chicken and the agent hopes we bottle it and pay up. I still think one or other player might still sign but if they get better offers from England then they will go there instead if that's what motivates them. If they sign or don't sign it won't make or break our summer - there are plenty other players available who won't have agents trying to 'sting' us.

We don't have to pay it, we won't pay it or anything like that amount, it's a game of chicken and the agent hopes we bottle it and pay up. I still think one or other player might still sign but if they get better offers from England then they will go there instead if that's what motivates them. If they sign or don't sign it won't make or break our summer - there are plenty other players available who won't have agents trying to 'sting' us.

We do have to - if we want these players.

And these players appear to me to be the best option for us sorting our rather important midfield issue.

We could go elsewhere and sign lesser quality and save ourself a couple of bucks but get very little out of the signings - like we've done on numerous occassions.

There are no certainties in football that transfers will work out - but the risk factor involved with these two seems very small.

?150k is worth it on this occassion.

Now I'm not ITK but long story short is I heard through the grapevine that we are after a player:

Think the name was 'Perrol' and I'm led to believe he is a spanish defender. Thats what it sounded like anyway. May have a different spelling if true?

I googled it and I can't find anything so was reluctant to post but thought I'd through it out hear incase anyone had heard similiar?

rossthejambo

Now I'm not ITK but long story short is I heard through the grapevine that we are after a player:

Think the name was 'Perrol' and I'm led to believe he is a spanish defender. Thats what it sounded like anyway. May have a different spelling if true?

I googled it and I can't find anything so was reluctant to post but thought I'd through it out hear incase anyone had heard similiar?

Perrol....could be...

carles-puyol-415x275.jpg

elliomg.pngelliomg.png

Charlie-Brown

We do have to - if we want these players.

And these players appear to me to be the best option for us sorting our rather important midfield issue.

We could go elsewhere and sign lesser quality and save ourself a couple of bucks but get very little out of the signings - like we've done on numerous occassions.

There are no certainties in football that transfers will work out - but the risk factor involved with these two seems very small.

?150k is worth it on this occassion.

Football agents would love negotiating with you - anytime they thought you fancied a player they'd reckon you'd easily cave in and pony up whatever they demanded even if that was several times more than you'd agreed to pay their clients (allegedly)

Seymour M Hersh

Probably Puyol! :whistling:

Probably Puyol! :whistling:

We can but dream!

I heard it pernounced more like 'Pearl' but the rumour could be bollocks, I dunno.

We can but dream!

I heard it pernounced more like 'Pearl' but the rumour could be bollocks, I dunno.

My kids love Pokemon and we will have potentially 'Diamond' and 'Pearl' as our back two defenders :thumbsup:

Right guys, I have set up a thread for you to continue this argument so can you move it to there, just so we can keep this for rumours

http://www.hmfckickback.co.uk/index.php?/topic/94012-is-it-right-to-pay-an-agent-a-seperate-fee/page__pid__2256261#entry2256261

No one seems to be paying attention dude!!

Back on track though, someone had suggested to me that we will officially drop our interest in Diamond within the next week or so and go for someone else. How much of this is guess work or hear say I dont know? But it might tie in with things others have heard.

Say What Again

My kids love Pokemon and we will have potentially 'Diamond' and 'Pearl' as our back two defenders :thumbsup:

Maybe a sign the Bauben is coming then? :o :o :o

diamonds%20and%20pearls%2012.jpg

This is the only player I could find with a similar name - but he is not a defender. he does, however, fit with our trend of being linked to midfielders!

My link

It goes on to say, however, that he is leaving Olympiakos in Jun to join Ernesto Valverde squad.

Jambo On Fire

This is the only player I could find with a similar name - but he is not a defender. he does, however, fit with our trend of being linked to midfielders!

My link

It goes on to say, however, that he is leaving Olympiakos in Jun to join Ernesto Valverde squad.

This guys also played for Ruben's previous team. The link may be tedious but a link none the less.

There is a club in Spain called Ferrol, could it possibly have been a defender from them?

There is a club in Spain called Ferrol, could it possibly have been a defender from them?

Edit: just looked at them on wikipedia and two former famous players for them are Nacho Novo and Jonay Hernandez.

Cut The Crap

My link

A winger! That would be handy. We're short of wingers... :rolleyes:

innerjambo

My cousins got a hamster called Errol, could it be him? (he's Siberian, which sounds like Iberian). :unsure:

londonjambo

My cousins got a hamster called Errol, could it be him? (he's Siberian, which sounds like Iberian). :unsure:

Its not a Siberian hamster, Manuel, its a rat

:whistling:

GC

My link

Could be someone with same surname?

Having young daughters and wife in spain etc doesn't really fit the bill. The olmpiakos bit makes me think he is at least running down a contract though?

innerjambo

Its not a Siberian hamster, Manuel, its a rat

:whistling:

GC

Oh jings, cant be him then! :rolleyes:

gowestjambo

Would make life interesting if we sign Flynn........

ErrolBrown.jpg

Tommy Wiseau

Diamond and Pearls.

I'd be happy with that pairing.

:yas:

GREAT STUFF DH. :lol:

My link

Actually, he's going to join Olympiakos in June, to be part of Ernesto Valverde's (the current Olympiakos manager) squad.

...a bit disco

Errol's a winger.

Correct Boof.

Winging wongs such as You Sexy Thing & No Doubt About It made Errol the winging superstar we came to know and love.

My mate's granny reckons she saw Nade at Riccarton yesterday morning.

Her eyesight's not brilliant though and it might have been Gary Mackay.

She's not certain.

Cut The Crap

Errol's a winger.

...he wings wongs while he plays the piano in a night club. :ninja:

johndawgylt

My mate's granny reckons she saw Nade at Riccarton yesterday morning.

Her eyesight's not brilliant though and it might have been Gary Mackay.

She's not certain.

Sauce? Or was it gravy? :lol:

Archived