***The Official HEARTS TRANSFER RUMOURS*** Thread

Ryan Gosling

Clerry Jambo

Try and get your head round this.He doesn't even go to the fitbaw.

and your a boring mup, but we all know that.

Why don't you PM me, rather than be the big man behind the keyboard :thumbsup:

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Clerry Jambo

I know this has been done to death, but I can't get my head around how you could be so against signing a player who scored 14 league goals for St Mirren, and yet happy for us to sign a huddie like Diamond?!

Moving on, Hibs first team players having to look for clubs in America and Australia :vrface:

I fully expect to see Lewis Stevenson linked with a move to the Outer Mongolian "A" League, and Ian Murray seal a move to the Antartic Summer League.

Well mibbe because we have signed Sutton and hopefully big Kev will get back to fitness sooner than later. So you want 3 big strikers up front?

My point is other than Elliott we don't have a fox in the box type player, is that feckin difficult to comprehend, this sun the day is getting to me!

Re the young players -- is there anyone so far that we have released over the last few seasons who has gone on and proved the coaching staff wrong ?

Can't think of anyone so could be the judgements made are pretty accurate.

johndawgylt

Why don't you go to the football, if you don't mind me asking?

Disser Pointon

Taouil deal is done he will sign when he returns from holiday. Gomis and Baubans agent is playing silly beggars.

Bert Le Clos

Well mibbe because we have signed Sutton and hopefully big Kev will get back to fitness sooner than later. So you want 3 big strikers up front?

My point is other than Elliott we don't have a fox in the box type player, is that feckin difficult to comprehend, this sun the day is getting to me!

Calm down dear.

IIRC you were against the Higdon signing before we signed Sutton? Apologies if I've got that wrong.

Anyway, my point was more that Diamond is pish, rather than whether or not we need another striker.

Now away and look for that aftersun :thumbsup:

Bert Le Clos

And a big dirty centre back who can head the ball and clear his lines.

We already have Zal :thumbsup:

Taouil deal is done he will sign when he returns from holiday. Gomis and Baubans agent is playing silly beggars.

Are you ITK here? Do we want Buaben and Gomis!?

Disser Pointon

Are you ITK here? Do we want Buaben and Gomis!?

Yes and I don't think we are after both its an either or scenario.

winston churchill

We already have Zal :thumbsup:

Never clears his lines.

He tries to walk out with the ball and keeps getting his pocket picked :verymad:

You could meet him behind the wheatfield but you would have to actually go to a game :verysmug:

Yes and I don't think we are after both its an either or scenario.

I am not ITK but I wonder if the reason the agent is being awkward is that he wants Hearts to take the 2 of them as oppose to just 1.

Bert Le Clos

Never clears his lines.

He tries to walk out with the ball and keeps getting his pocket picked :verymad:

Next season's game plan will be for Zal to clear the ball straight to Driver everytime, who will either set-up or score 85% of our goals.

Churchill will be seething! :whistling:

For the first time that I can remember, we don't need half the players we're linked with.

Gomis, Taouil, Flynn, Diamond, Jennings, another striker, Dods (not taking that seriously though). Am I missing any one?

Massive clear out needed shortly.

Disser Pointon

Also we are trying to get Rudi to stay for another year but it is stalling as he wants a raise in his salary.

Also we are trying to get Rudi to stay for another year but it is stalling as he wants a raise in his salary.

How likely are we to sign either gomis or buaben?

For the first time that I can remember, we don't need half the players we're linked with.

Gomis, Taouil, Flynn, Diamond, Jennings, another striker, Dods (not taking that seriously though). Am I missing any one?

Massive clear out needed shortly.

Depends in your context Sean. Is it the actual players we are linked with we don't need, or the numbers?

E.g. I don't understand Flynn if Driver, Suso, Temps are all here and fit. But there are certain areas of the team that clearly need strengthening. Any form of creativity in midfield for one is vital where several players including cover are needed.

Despite coming 3rd last year - it was mainly due to an outstanding section to the season, rather than say, the consistency of a Dundee United.

Just to stay ahead of them won't be a easy as some think.

Depends in your context Sean. Is it the actual players we are linked with we don't need, or the numbers?

E.g. I don't understand Flynn if Driver, Suso, Temps are all here and fit. But there are certain areas of the team that clearly need strengthening. Any form of creativity in midfield for one is vital where several players including cover are needed.

Despite coming 3rd last year - it was mainly due to an outstanding section to the season, rather than say, the consistency of a Dundee United.

We need a new midfielder and a centre half now Bouzid is gone, but apart from that I don't think anything else is needed.

Presuming we sign Rudi for another year and keep Black we're going to have another massive squad of players.

I hope behind the scenes we're actively trying to get rid of more players, if not it defeats the purpose in trimming the wage bill. Our squad last season was far too big as well.

Yes it will. They will lose key players and we will be stronger. We WILL finish ahead of united.

Clerry Jambo

Calm down dear.

IIRC you were against the Higdon signing before we signed Sutton? Apologies if I've got that wrong.

Anyway, my point was more that Diamond is pish, rather than whether or not we need another striker.

Now away and look for that aftersun :thumbsup:

Apologies for my tone, it was some boring mup that agitated moi :D

I just never wanted Higdon, as it turns out we got someone better :thumbsup:

As for "Zanny", most on here don't want him, but I suspect its more to do with his off field nonsense than on it :ninja:

Clerry Jambo

You could meet him behind the wheatfield but you would have to actually go to a game :verysmug:

I may do that but don't fancy sitting with the cucumber sanny and tartan rug brigade :rolleyes:

Disser Pointon

How likely are we to sign either gomis or buaben?

Depends if their agent starts being realistic!

Heard a fair bit of talk that Flynn's best position may be behind the striker (I've heard Taouil can also play there). Flynn is certainly young enough to adapt. I can already hear people getting ready to say, "why play more players out of position?" and I know this has donee Eggert few favours, but Rudi and Hartley have both done well for us after moving in from the wing. I assume the hope is Flynn and/or Taouil can do the same.

siegementality

So without the opportunity to play and get experience how does a younger player get the necessary experience to become the better player? How does he develop further and improve? Managers frequently go with the more experienced players even if that means shoehorning them around out of position - it might suit their immediate requirements for the next game but it's not really the optimum long term solution is it?

In any line of work there comes a time when trainees or apprentices have to be given opportunities in a live environment and do some real work - is it realistic to expect them to be immediately better than somebody time served? the obvious answer is no but then how does the trainee become better without the opportunity? how do you ensure a skills shortage is not inadvertently created unless you give the next generation their chance?

Charlie, To give youth a chance in the present set up we'd need to get shot of the likes of Driver, Wallace, and the two Thompsons for a start. There are four players, straight off the bat, who got their chance. Is the youth that got their chance (the aforementioned players) now keeping out the current youth players? OK let's sell them on. Let's develop young players, sell them on and replace them with other players from the youth system. But while we are doing that we still need to field a team, a team with experience, we can't have a team of experienced players we've developed ourself because we've sold them on to make way for the next lot of youngsters. So, we have to sign players, we have to sign players who have experience and talent. This isn't rocket science, this is the way it works at every football club. Guess what, even Ajax buy players and they have one of the best youth policies in the world. Just face it, the model you want in place isn't realistic in the world of professional football.

Bert Le Clos

Apologies for my tone, it was some boring mup that agitated moi :D

I just never wanted Higdon, as it turns out we got someone better :thumbsup:

As for "Zanny", most on here don't want him, but I suspect its more to do with his off field nonsense than on it :ninja:

No worries mate!

But I can assure you, the reason I don't want Hearts to sign Diamond has nothing to do with anything off-field.

That said, if we do sign him I'll give him my full support as I do all players, and give him time to find form in the hope JJ can turn him into a decent player for us.

Toxteth O'Grady

Depends if their agent starts being realistic!

Gomis has a bit of a dodgy career

Years Team Apps? (Gls)?

2004?2005 Windsor & Eton 18 (1)

2005 Dagenham & Redbridge 0 (0)

2005 Windsor & Eton 5 (0)

2005 Barnet 0 (0)

2005?2006 Lewes 14 (1)

2006?2007 Cowdenbeath 15 (2)

2007?2011 Dundee United 150 (6

bobskeldon

Years Team Apps? (Gls)?

2005 Barnet 0 (0)

2005?2006 Lewes 14 (1)

Regardless of where he has been, other than Steven Davis, Gomis is the best midfield player in the SPl and by a country mile!

Regardless of where he has been, other than Steven Davis, Gomis is the best midfield player in the SPl and by a country mile!

No chance. Kayal, Ki, Eremenko last year, Scott Robertson, Brown, McCulloch. Decent player but calm down.

Bert Le Clos

No chance. Kayal, Ki, Eremenko last year, Scott Robertson, Brown, McCulloch. Decent player but calm down.

Decent post up until here.

McCulloch is absolutely honking. Nothing more than a hatchet man these days.

jamboinglasgow

I dont agree with all that, Kayal and Eremenko you are correct, Ki on his day. But I would rank him better then the other three (personally I think Brown is overrated and people try to hide the fact that at Celtic they ruined his chance to be a much better player by taking away his attacking ability and trying to turn him into a midfield bruiser.)

Johanes de Silentio

Years Team Apps? (Gls)?

2005 Barnet 0 (0)

2005?2006 Lewes 14 (1)

Prince Bauben's pedigree (Ajax?) looks better on paper, but Gomis seems to be the better player of the two, despite spells at less than glamorous clubs - Colin Cameron had been around at various shit-hole clubs before we signed him, mind.

Tommy Wiseau

Years Team Apps? (Gls)?

2005 Barnet 0 (0)

2005?2006 Lewes 14 (1)

What does it matter what his career was like before he got to the SPL? He's been a stand out in this league for the last three seasons running, which is surely all that counts for us?

:cornette:

Next season's game plan will be for Zal to clear the ball straight to Driver everytime, who will either set-up or score 85% of our goals.

Churchill will be seething! :whistling:

I wish!!

Decent post up until here.

McCulloch is absolutely honking. Nothing more than a hatchet man these days.

Knew I shoulda left it there. ;)

Just like you've already said.

No chance.

Rudolf's Mate

I may do that but don't fancy sitting with the cucumber sanny and tartan rug brigade :rolleyes:

Not Spanish cucumber anyway :whistling:

There's a United season ticket holder at work and aside from the tail end of the season Bauben was the stand out for the in the season past

Just like you've already said.

No chance.

I disagree. Maroon tinted specs off and Brown is definitely better than Gomis. McCulloch is debatable but anyway, the point is Gomis is not the 2nd best midfielder in the league.

jamboinglasgow

I do wonder that if Hearts are trying to sign both Taouil and Flynn who will both be attacking midfield centres then why are we also trying to sign up Rudi who will play in the same position. Unless Flynn will be signed up if Rudi does not sign a new contract.

Cardiac Rucksack

There's a United season ticket holder at work and aside from the tail end of the season Bauben was the stand out for the in the season past

United fans on Pie and Bovril certainly rate Bauben higher than Gomis. Id personally take both.

That's the thing, guys are wanting a centre mid who will drive forward, according to the Arab that's what Bauben does whereas Gomis is more inclined to sit deeper, we've got enough like that imo

heartsfc_fan

I'm surprised we haven't had any chat of us signing a right back (unless I've been living under a rock the last couple of weeks and haven't heard...).

We've only really got Craig Thomson and Eggert Jonsson, who even aren't natural right backs really.

I'm surprised we haven't had any chat of us signing a right back (unless I've been living under a rock the last couple of weeks and haven't heard...).

We've only really got Craig Thomson and Eggert Jonsson, who even aren't natural right backs really.

Yeah I think you have, we signed Jamie Hamill.

heartsfc_fan

Yeah I think you have, we signed Jamie Hamill.

:facepalm:

forgot about him, but then I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed to replace Palazuelos as he can play in a defensive midfield role.

:facepalm:

forgot about him, but then I wouldn't be surprised if he was signed to replace Palazuelos as he can play in a defensive midfield role.

Barr is also a right back.

Disser Pointon

I do wonder that if Hearts are trying to sign both Taouil and Flynn who will both be attacking midfield centres then why are we also trying to sign up Rudi who will play in the same position. Unless Flynn will be signed up if Rudi does not sign a new contract.

Taouil is a done deal, don't know anything about Flynn.

Taouil is a done deal, don't know anything about Flynn.

I heard Taouil was a 'done deal' around easter time... but still no scarf above head.

Not sure what the hold up is.

kingantti1874

I heard Taouil was a 'done deal' around easter time... but still no scarf above head.

Hope not

Disser Pointon

Terms all agreed now, deal will be signed and announced when he returns from his holiday.

Must admit I could have taken or left him myself but you never know with good players around him.

Archived