***Official Septic vs Heart of Midlothian match day thread***

Pingu

Pingu

Can't see a match thread, so here ya go....

I'd freshen things up, but just a bit:

Gordon

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Atkinson

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Oda

Shankland

• Replies 905
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• HeartsandonlyHearts

• Pasquale for King

• Absolute Scenes

• alicante jambo

Rockwell

Should just go there and give it a real go. nothing to loose . except possible a few goals . wont' matter in the long run though  .

Mikey1874

Doing something different could be worthwhile. Last time we defended resolutely and deeply. Defending 20 plus corners and Kingsley and Rowles stopping Palma, at the time their best player.

They haven't improved and in some ways might have gone backwards. They actually played really well the first 20 minutes before we scored. 

So try something different. Runners from deep like at Kilmarnock. Maybe some team changes though Forrest and Vargas are reliable. Go with McKay and Denholm higher up. Shankland and Devlin making the runs. Kingsley and Rowles driving forward.

the posh bit

We're the reason they're not already champions. I know two of their die-hards who are scared it'll be 3-in-a-row.

Get them pumped, Hearts. 

Rockwell
17 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

We're the reason they're not already champions. I know two of their die-hards who are scared it'll be 3-in-a-row.

Get them pumped, Hearts. 

Think killie have put a couple of spanners in their works as well😂

martoon

I was almost certain that 3 wins in-a-row vs. Celtic had not happened in my time.

I checked London Hearts (cheers).

I was right. 😄

The last time we won more than two was a 5 game winning stretch back in Tommy Walker's days.

1959/60

3-4 Hearts

Hearts 3-1

1960/61

Hearts 2-1 

1-3 Hearts

1961/62

Hearts 2-1

I'm optimistic we'll make it three on the bounce.

Celtic 1-2 Hearts

:flagwave:

The White Cockade

no chance we win this one

3-0 them

HeartsandonlyHearts

LETS GO!!

Come on Hearts, beat these grey and green hooped cheats. 
LETS GO!!

gregzy2k7

Funny one,

We have beaten them twice this season and we seem to enjoy playing against them (very unusual)

However I really can't see anything other than a defeat here though, as Celtic cannot afford to drop any points.

If i was a betting man, I would go with 3-1 to them,

I just hope we see a few players given a run out that normally don't start,

Would like to see Tagawa, Oda and Tait in from the start, Maybe Sibbick as well (put him in the shop window etc)

Bainy

We are under no pressure as I expect rangers to take points off killie. 

Celtic need to win.  If we keep it 0-0 they will get restless and an early hearts goal would be wonderful to see how they react. There a far cry from their invincibles a few years back. 

Jim Panzee

On paper, it should be 3 or 4-0 to them.

on grass though.....who knows....

Selkirkhmfc1874

Nothing to fear , we can go their with a freedom and all the pressure on them! Come what may this the weekend 3rd place will be confirmed imo because I expect rangers to beat killie on sunday

Debut 4
2 hours ago, gregzy2k7 said:

Funny one,

We have beaten them twice this season and we seem to enjoy playing against them (very unusual)

However I really can't see anything other than a defeat here though, as Celtic cannot afford to drop any points.

If i was a betting man, I would go with 3-1 to them,

I just hope we see a few players given a run out that normally don't start,

Would like to see Tagawa, Oda and Tait in from the start, Maybe Sibbick as well (put him in the shop window etc)

I’d rather we started our strongest line up and look for a nice strong finish to the season.

I think there was an indication there at Killie that’s what Naismith wants.  

Sometimes when the objective looks achieved things can become flat but we looked sharp and played with an intent to win.  It’s a good habit to get into and something we need to develop as a team.  Bad habits are easy.  

Sub4TiddlerMurray
1 hour ago, Debut 4 said:

I’d rather we started our strongest line up and look for a nice strong finish to the season.

Sometimes when the objective looks achieved things can become flat but we looked sharp and played with an intent to win.  It’s a good habit to get into and something we need to develop as a team.  Bad habits are easy.  

100%

Chimp

Purely down to odds and averages I can't see us beating them twice at Celtic Park but who knows. Definitely nothing to lose and would like to see us go with a very attacking side.

We_are_the_Hearts
5 minutes ago, Chimp said:

Purely down to odds and averages I can't see us beating them twice at Celtic Park but who knows. Definitely nothing to lose and would like to see us go with a very attacking side.

Why? We have beat them the last twice by being organised, controlled, not wasteful in possession and taking our chances. Thats the way to do it, not being gung ho and leaving ourselves open

dannymack
10 hours ago, Pingu said:

Can't see a match thread, so here ya go....

I'd freshen things up, but just a bit:

Gordon

Kingsley

Kent

Rowles

Atkinson

Beni

Devlin

Cochrane

McKay

Oda

Shankland

Zander Clark in goals, needs to finish the season off to guarantee his seat on the aeroplane ✈️  for Germany 2024

TexasAndy

If we go with same attitude we had in December then we could do damage.  I can see 2-2.

Ron Burgundy

Wouldn't have Barrie McKay anywhere near this.

Chimp
20 minutes ago, We_are_the_Hearts said:

Why? We have beat them the last twice by being organised, controlled, not wasteful in possession and taking our chances. Thats the way to do it, not being gung ho and leaving ourselves open

Literally explained why in my post..

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, Debut 4 said:

Correct. Going through there with the beach balls and towels approach just isn’t on. We’d get an absolute spanking from a team who’ll have the polar opposite approach. Let’s give them an honest game and make them work for the points. They’ll get nervous if we stay in the game

Heart says draw. Head says they win because they really need to.

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I'm filing this under who gives a ****

Debut 4
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

Correct. Going through there with the beach balls and towels approach just isn’t on. We’d get an absolute spanking from a team who’ll have the polar opposite approach. Let’s give them an honest game and make them work for the points. They’ll get nervous if we stay in the game

Heart says draw. Head says they win because they really need to.

Exactly.  Let’s do our best not to taint a very good league season by disrupting the rhythm and preparation the players are all tuned into.  

I don’t see the benefits of giving the likes of Sibbick and others a game for the sake of it?  They are hardly laddies and need experience.  

At this point we’ve got Tait who is part of the squad, had plenty minutes and is well on course development wise, so he’s not a “game for the sake of it” option.  He makes a worthy contribution. 

HoGwash
2 hours ago, dannymack said:

Zander Clark in goals, needs to finish the season off to guarantee his seat on the aeroplane ✈️  for Germany 2024

I would also play Zander in this one but I reckon his place in Germany is pretty much secure. 3rd goalkeeping spot between Craig Gordon and Liam Kelly.

dannymack
2 hours ago, HoGwash said:

I would also play Zander in this one but I reckon his place in Germany is pretty much secure. 3rd goalkeeping spot between Craig Gordon and Liam Kelly.

Probably opt for Liam Kelly in this instance. 

Hectormasson
4 hours ago, Ron Burgundy said:

Wouldn't have Barrie McKay anywhere near this.

ditto, waste of a jersey at darkheid...

May one-six
4 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Agreed. Mind you, they look a right nervous bunch at the moment. It will be fun and games if we go ahead.

avhudtheteeshirt

When there's nothing to lose, just give it a go!

No stupid early goal loss and we could be on our way!

They are not that good as yet, seem to toil in most games?

So I'm going for 1-2 for the JT's!!!!

Lord Beni of Gorgie
1 hour ago, May one-six said:

Agreed. Mind you, they look a right nervous bunch at the moment. It will be fun and games if we go ahead.

Indeed the enjoyment will be making their lives a misery. 

The Treasurer
2 hours ago, May one-six said:

Both arse cheeks know that any slip ups now will probably kill their title hopes. 

Gorgierools
3 minutes ago, Ked said:

Beat Celtic.

Then beat Rangers last day.

Simples 

GinRummy
7 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Aye kind of. It’s like we are just a part of the Rangers/Celtic show at this point of the season. 

I hope we give them a bloody nose obviously 

Thomaso

Bit of a free hit this one. Get right in tae them and have a go boys!

Gorgierools

Nout to lose and a party to spoil. Like a dirty ex turning up at your wedding 

we won’t win …… 3-1 them.

however the good news is I’m the worst gambler ever so we win 😂 

Hectormasson
11 minutes ago, Arry said:

we won’t win …… 3-1 them.

however the good news is I’m the worst gambler ever so we win 😂 

lets hope our attackers are a bit more adventerous and up for it ,   more than they were 2 weeks ago, lets totally get about them ,,,,,

Gregski51

I'd like to see Shanks back on the score sheet. Livi game aside, he hasn't been his usual self recently.

Victim of the standards he's set himself right enough

Geoff Kilpatrick

Septic 3-0 Heart of Midlothian 

SMJ_1874

Midfield needs to show up tomorrow. We don’t have to win but they’ll be desperate so no doubt there will be an onslaught. Devlin, Tait and Grant all need to show up. No defensive mistakes allowed and plenty running from our wingbacks or wingers and we just might pull it off. Heart says 0-1 to us but head says them to win by 2. Would love for us to do an away double over them and win the head to head.

Cut out the stupid brain fart  mistakes as its cost us goals and points all season. If we bring our ‘A’ game then we’ll get  something from the Maris Piper Bowl. 

Would take any sort of draw though. 

cosanostra

They have it all to play for and our season is more or less over.

I can't see this one going well for us.

Mister T

Would be fantastic to get something and shut up their scumbag fans and the weegie press.

Hope the fans that are going have a great day. Stay safe and make sure your rabies, lockjaw and yellow fever shots are up to date.

jamboozy
1 minute ago, Mister T said:

Would be fantastic to get something and shut up their scumbag fans and the weegie press.

Hope the fans that are going have a great day. Stay safe and make sure your rabies, lockjaw and yellow fever shots are up to date.

Do our fans have to go into quarantine when they come back? 🤔🫢

Mirror

As long as Killie get beat this weekend then it doesn't really matter imo. 

Hopefully we go into this game without any pressure and can get a result. However I really don't want Rangers to end up winning the league at Tynie on the last day of the season.

Gordons left glove

2-0 Celtic 🫠

JimmyCant
16 hours ago, The Treasurer said:

Both arse cheeks know that any slip ups now will probably kill their title hopes. 

Hmmmm certainly true about Rangers. Celtic would probably still fancy it if they drew with us. They know they win the home derby and it’s done

sirwalter
2 hours ago, Mirror said:

As long as Killie get beat this weekend then it doesn't really matter imo. 

Hopefully we go into this game without any pressure and can get a result. However I really don't want Rangers to end up winning the league at Tynie on the last day of the season.

As long as Killie don't win this weekend it doesn't matter - fact?

JAYEL

They are pish

Nothing to fear going to Parkhead again

Same result as the last time 

2-0 Hearts 🇱🇻❤️🇱🇻