***The Official HEARTS TRANSFER RUMOURS*** Thread

Ryan Gosling

• Replies 877
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Cut The Crap

I'd tell the ***** to bolt.

Likewise. Invest the money in the Academy instead so we can avoid these embarrassing pursuits of distinctly mediocre players in future.

Is there no combative central midfielder already at the club who is worth a shot rather than contributing to this agent's next Ferrari?

Charlie-Brown

The point I was making was that if they were offered to us by a club for ?100k, it would be considered a steal. That's why agents drive a hard bargain on free agency transfers because they can claim that the club are not having to pay any transfer. Therefore a little more money to the players and their representatives is justified, whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant, that's standard practice these days.

As I understand, terms have been agreed with the players so they're clearly happy with whatever wages we're offering. The sticking point is the agent's fee, so if we do miss out on them it's because we didn't meet the agents demands for a fee if neither side climbs down from their position.

I think that it's a price worth paying, although I fully understand the club not wanting to be held to ransom by an agent who is preventing things moving forward because of his own personal greed. I'm not agreeing with what he's doing, but it sounds to me that this deal is on the table and ready to get moving as soon as we either meet the demands of the agent or he reduces his fee.

IF the players wanted to sign the deal they could easily dismiss their agent and sign the deal anyway -who knows they might even be able to squeeze a few extra grand for themselves ........ why they would want to risk missing out on a deal just because their agent isn't getting his cut seems unlikely - either that or they're not that bothered coming here and are waiting on other offers?

johndawgylt

So we have agreed terms with both Gomis and Bauben, and the only hold up is the agent is wanting 100k?

Charlie-Brown

So we have agreed terms with both Gomis and Bauben, and the only hold up is the agent is wanting 100k?

Allegedly? (it's JKB so large dose of salt required)

johndawgylt

Allegedly? (it's JKB so large dose of salt required)

I say we do a whip-round, I'd give ?100 to the cause. I'm sure we could raise ?100k, I'd love us to sign both these players. If we want to challenge the top 2, these are the kind of players we should be snapping up.

IF the players wanted to sign the deal they could easily dismiss their agent and sign the deal anyway -who knows they might even be able to squeeze a few extra grand for themselves ........ why they would want to risk missing out on a deal just because their agent isn't getting his cut seems unlikely - either that or they're not that bothered coming here and are waiting on other offers?

I'm no expert on the implications of just sacking your representation, but I'd assume that their agent would be able to take legal action against them for doing so.

That would appear to be the major stumbling block, and has been confirmed by a number of people on here who are reliable.

The point I was making was that if they were offered to us by a club for ?100k, it would be considered a steal. That's why agents drive a hard bargain on free agency transfers because they can claim that the club are not having to pay any transfer. Therefore a little more money to the players and their representatives is justified, whether you agree with that or not is irrelevant, that's standard practice these days.

As I understand, terms have been agreed with the players so they're clearly happy with whatever wages we're offering. The sticking point is the agent's fee, so if we do miss out on them it's because we didn't meet the agents demands for a fee if neither side climbs down from their position.

I think that it's a price worth paying, although I fully understand the club not wanting to be held to ransom by an agent who is preventing things moving forward because of his own personal greed. I'm not agreeing with what he's doing, but it sounds to me that this deal is on the table and ready to get moving as soon as we either meet the demands of the agent or he reduces his fee.

The agent's job is to act in the best interests of of his clients, not his wallet.

If true, Hearts are right not to pay up. Agents must not be allowed to hold the game to ransom.

Charlie-Brown

IF the story is true then Gomis and Buaben are prepared to share ?50K between them (that's the guys who actually play football & score goals etc) whilst the spiv who makes the phone calls, sends emails, sorts a few meetings wants ?100K all for himself ........... and people think Hearts should just pay this money regardless? :blink:

Tasavallan

Gomis's/Bauben's agent is Oladele Oladipo Salami ([email protected]) who only has a handful of clients in Europe. It does appear that he is trying to play hard ball with Hearts, which game I doubt he'll win as VR will never sanction paying a 'signing on' fee to an agent. Unless the players in question wish to stay in Scotland, I suspect they'll end up in the Championship.

The agent's job is to act in the best interests of of his clients, not his wallet.

If true, Hearts are right not to pay up. Agents must not be allowed to hold the game to ransom.

I totally agree, and I hate the situation we are in, but it's going to take changes on a Bosman level to sort things out and us not paying ?100k to an agent for the transfer of two players isn't going to change that.

These are two good players that would greatly improve our midfield, for ?100k to just get the deal done, I think it's worth paying but I don't like having to do so.

Drylaw Hearts

?150,000 to obtain the services of both players is a pretty good deal imo.

If they don't have an issue with the agent getting the bulk of this then I don't think we should either.

However.....

They should both find themselves a new agent asap as he's clearly only interested in his own back pocket.

I recommend this guy :

heart-of-midlothian-john-colquhoun-408-panini-football-90-football-trading-sticker-28184-p.jpg

johndawgylt

Gomis's/Bauben's agent is Oladele Oladipo Salami ([email protected]) who only has a handful of clients in Europe. It does appear that he is trying to play hard ball with Hearts, which game I doubt he'll win as VR will never sanction paying a 'signing on' fee to an agent. Unless the players in question wish to stay in Scotland, I suspect they'll end up in the Championship.

I'm going to email him asking what the situation is.

I totally agree, and I hate the situation we are in, but it's going to take changes on a Bosman level to sort things out and us not paying ?100k to an agent for the transfer of two players isn't going to change that.

These are two good players that would greatly improve our midfield, for ?100k to just get the deal done, I think it's worth paying but I don't like having to do so.

Giving a parasite ?100,000 will just encourage him and in my opinion is not worth it. I appreciate your point but still say 'no' especially if the players have shifted their demands. In fact I would rather give them ?100,000 to ditch him.

rossthejambo

I'm going to email him asking what the situation is.

Deal's off folks :vrface:

I've emailed him, I'll let you know if I get a response.

If you do, he will probably charge you for it.

mahgrassyshoes

I'm no expert on the implications of just sacking your representation, but I'd assume that their agent would be able to take legal action against them for doing so.

Is that not what Zal did to sort out his contract though?

jamboinglasgow

Deal's off folks :vrface:

Just what I was thinking. Let's leave it to the club to sort out. Rather then attacking an agent via his e-mail based on rumour rather then fact.

Is that not what Zal did to sort out his contract though?

Yeah, he's now with Colquhoun. I take it his previous agent was compensated in some way. I don't know much about the workings of football agents, but I doubt you can just drop them without consequences.

johndawgylt

Just what I was thinking. Let's leave it to the club to sort out. Rather then attacking an agent via his e-mail based on rumour rather then fact.

:facepalm:

Drylaw Hearts

Yeah, he's now with Colquhoun. I take it his previous agent was compensated in some way. I don't know much about the workings of football agents, but I doubt you can just drop them without consequences.

I'm not sure Zal will have had an agent prior to joining Hearts - he was an FBK player and I'm sure thing will have been a little different when he signed his last FBK contract.

Also....

I recall Gary Mackay getting dumped by Gary O'Connor when he on the verge of his move from Moscow to Birmingham.

johndawgylt

I'm glad to see you're suitably embarrassed. dry.gif

Do you honestly think I would email a football agent at a Yahoo email address? It's too easy to go fishing on this site.

:yas:

Charlie-Brown

?150,000 to obtain the services of both players is a pretty good deal imo.

If they don't have an issue with the agent getting the bulk of this then I don't think we should either.

However.....

They should both find themselves a new agent asap as he's clearly only interested in his own back pocket.

I recommend this guy :

heart-of-midlothian-john-colquhoun-408-panini-football-90-football-trading-sticker-28184-p.jpg

No it is not - the players have (allegedly) agreed to take ?50K between them to sign on - WHY should the club GIFT another HUNDRED GRAND of the clubs money for someone who has done a few days part time work trying to arrange this deal for a pair of out of contract players who are willing to share one third of the money you think is worth paying?

rossthejambo

Do you honestly think I would email a football agent at a Yahoo email address? It's too easy to go fishing on this site.

Oh don't I know it

:smuggy:

Drylaw Hearts

No it is not - the players have (allegedly) agreed to take ?50K between them to sign on - WHY should the club GIFT another HUNDRED GRAND of the clubs money for someone who has done a few days part time work trying to arrange this deal for a pair of out of contract players who are willing to share one third of the money you think is worht paying?

Like it or not......Agents have a big say in where players end up.

If I thought we could have got those 2 players for that money in signing-on fees than I would have been ok with that. How it's divided up is not really my concern.

Charlie-Brown

If I thought we could have got those 2 players for that money in signing-on fees than I would have been ok with that. How it's divided up is not really my concern.

how many phone calls and hours work do you think their agent has put into trying to arrange this deal? IF Gomis and Buaben are supposedly prepared to take ?25K each to sign on for 2 or 3 year deals WHY should Hearts pay such a ridiculous amount for someone who has contributed so little? Both players are out of contract they are free to sign for whatever club they want - the agent isn't entitled to anything from Hearts at all - it might be common practice to pay agents something to ensure a deal goes through but in the current climate of Scottish football and indeed most of our daily working experiences a HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS - for what?

Correct. :thumbsup:

These are two players I would not want to lose when they were within our grasp, all because we didn't like paying an agent ?100k.

jamboinglasgow

Actually knowing football fans it is very believable that someone would send an angry e-mail to the agent. But anyway hope your ego is now huge after your masterful trick...

Drylaw Hearts

how many phone calls and hours work do you think their agent has put into trying to arrange this deal? IF Gomis and Buaben are supposedly prepared to take ?25K each to sign on for 2 or 3 year deals WHY should Hearts pay such a ridiculous amount for someone who has contributed so little? Both players are out of contract they are free to sign for whatever club they want - the agent isn't entitled to anything from Hearts at all - it might be common practice to pay agents something to ensure a deal goes through but in the current climate of Scottish football and indeed most of our daily working experiences a HUNDRED THOUSAND POUNDS - for what?

I'm not in anyway justifying if he's earned his money.

It's ?150k for these 2 players (not a bad deal imo).

Who gets what is not our problem.

johndawgylt

Actually knowing football fans it is very believable that someone would send an angry e-mail to the agent. But anyway hope your ego is now huge after your masterful trick...

It's great, thanks! :thumbsup:

BTW, cringeworthy chat that 'I'm David Obua' nonsense.

rossthejambo

I'd say it was a pretty dam good deal. We were willing to pay 250k for Bryson last year, I'd argue that Gomis is every bit as good, if not better than Bryson. To pay 150k less for him and get Buaben at the same time is good business.

I'd be a bit gutted if we don't get either of them because of this.

Charlie-Brown

Correct. :thumbsup:

These are two players I would not want to lose when they were within our grasp, all because we didn't like paying an agent ?100k.

But we don't HAVE to pay the agent anything - his contract is with the players he represents - the ?100K for him is nothing more than a sting (an extortion basically pay up or the deal is off) - I'd rather Hearts didn't pay and lose the players than let some African's stitch us up in this manner ........ Buaben and Gomis are decent players but we already just finished above Dundee Utd without them. Unless the agent gets real with his demand and accepts a much smaller and fairer cut then I hope this deal doesn't go through but there's zero chance I think Romanov would cave into these kind of shenanigans anyway. :)

jamboinglasgow

I have to agree with you, ?150k to sign both is a great deal. A midfield five of Elliott, bauban, Gomis, Skacel/Taouil, Templeton is a fantastic thought. Would be strong but also attacking and creative.

I am sure Hearts will be trying to negotiate the fee down. Hopefully a deal can be reached.

jamboinglasgow

It's great, thanks! :thumbsup:

BTW, cringeworthy chat that 'I'm David Obua' nonsense.

Sorry the fishing line has now snapped

But we don't HAVE to pay the agent anything - his contract is with the players he represents - the ?100K for him is nothing more than a sting (an extortion basically pay up or the deal is off) - I'd rather Hearts didn't pay and lose the players than let some African's stitch us up in this manner ........ Buaben and Gomis are decent players but we already just finished above Dundee Utd without them. Unless the agent gets real with his demand and accepts a much smaller and fairer cut then I hope this deal doesn't go through but there's zero chance I think Romanov would cave into these kind of shenanigans anyway. :)

Exactly. We pump money into the club through ticket sales and merchandise and leeches like this agent think they can cover and squeeze it all out us. Football agents should be banned - ruining the game.

Drylaw Hearts

Exactly. We pump money into the club through ticket sales and merchandise and leeches like this agent think they can cover and squeeze it all out us. Football agents should be banned - ruining the game.

But whilst they are very much involved in the game we need to go along with certain demands they make to make deals happen.

I certainly wouldn't want to cut of our nose to spite our face for the sake of ?100k.

Oneneilberry

Charlie-Brown

But whilst they are very much involved in the game we need to go along with certain demands they make to make deals happen.

I certainly wouldn't want to cut of our nose to spite our face for the sake of ?100k.

This is meaningless in this context - the players allegedly have the choice of signing for Hearts or interest from some clubs in England or elsewhere - Hearts wouldn't be losing anything or spiting anything - the only way Hearts can LOSE by this arrangment is if they cave in and pay this idiotic extortion demand ... at which point we'd be fair game for every other agent in all future transfer negotiations.

Drylaw Hearts

This is meaningless in this context - the players allegedly have the choice of signing for Hearts or interest from some clubs in England or elsewhere - Hearts wouldn't be losing anything or spiting anything - the only way Hearts can LOSE by this arrangment is if they cave in and pay this idiotic extortion demand ... at which point we'd be fair game for every other agent in all future transfer negotiations.

Hearts can lose by not getting 2 players who would significantly improve an area of the team where we need players for the sake of ?100,000k.

Also...

Fair game ?

I suggest you read the club accounts of the last 5 years and see how much we've paid in 'Player Registrations'. We've been fair game for years and it's not just been from Agents.

It's a bit late to get on your high horse now.

Charlie-Brown

Hearts can lose by not getting 2 players who would significantly improve an area of the team where we need players for the sake of ?100,000k.

Also...

Fair game ?

I suggest you read the club accounts of the last 5 years and see how much we've paid in 'Player Registrations'. We've been fair game for years and it's not just been from Agents.

It's a bit late to get on your high horse now.

How much have we paid in "player registrations"? how much have we received in terms of debt & interest forgiveness and debt for equity swaps? Mr Romanov keeps the club afloat at significant financial cost each year whilst some African Spiv wants a hundred grand for a few phone calls and emails and you think that's acceptable to pay because you quite like the players? Madness!

Drylaw Hearts

How much have we paid in "player registrations"? how much have we received in terms of debt & interest forgiveness and debt for equity swaps? Mr Romanov keeps the club afloat at significant financial cost each year whilst some African Spiv wants a hundred grand for a few phone calls and emails and you think that's acceptable to pay because you quite like the players? Madness!

Forgiveness of Debt ?

Is that the same as 'Sorry I increased you Overdraft to nearly ?40,000,000 so here is some of the money you paid to FBK for all those shitty loan players back' ?

Anyway...

If we need to pay ?100,000k to get the players we should pay it imo.

donaldius fordovich

surely the agent is only 'representing' the players and they don't have to accept anything he recommends. If the players want to play for us or any other team the choice should be their's. At the end of the day the players should be able to tell the agent to 'get tae' if they don't consider him to be acting in their best interests.

kennyblack'sshot

Its apparantly not his wage demands, but His agent's who wants ?100k. Hearts told him to GTF.

If this is true, it never fails to amaze me how stupid some people in football are. Do agents, etc not have the Internet?

Here is a quick and handy guide to doing business with V Romanov for managers, players and agents:

1. He doesn't like agents. If he is forced to deal with you make sure you don't mess him around or he will never work with you again.

2. He doesn't like the Old Firm. If you are pushing your player towards them, he will drop that player and do everything he can to ensure he doesn't go there - unless you get him a large fee. If he even thinks a player is speaking to the OF, he will drop him.

3. If you stall on a new deal or make excessive demands he will drop your player and let him leave for free - out of spite. He can afford it. If you sign, the evidence is he will allow your player to get a good move later that suits everyone.

4. If you are thinking of applying to be manager of Hearts, please note that you will be "gifted" a player or two every now and then that you didn't ask for. Use him or not - up to you - but don't say you weren't warned.

5. He wants young players with potential sell-on value who are committed to Hearts. If you put possible signing targets in front of him that don't meet those criteria he probably won't sanction them.

Charlie-Brown

Forgiveness of Debt ?

Is that the same as 'Sorry I increased you Overdraft to nearly ?40,000,000 so here is some of the money you paid to FBK for all those shitty loan players back' ?

Anyway...

If we need to pay ?100,000k to get the players we should pay it imo.

Well we don't NEED to pay it and Romanov quite simply WON'T pay it or anything like it - especially when the players have each allegedly settled for a quarter of that amount.

If I offered to cut your grass and we agreed on a starting price we were both happy with would you then be happy to pay my 'agent' four times the amount we'd agreed simply ensure that I would mow your lawn as agreed? It's daylight robbery - nothing more nothing less!

Drylaw Hearts

Well we don't NEED to pay it and Romanov quite simply WON'T pay it or anything like it - especially when the players have each allegedly settled for a quarter of that amount.

If I offered to cut your grass and we agreed on a starting price we were both happy with would you then be happy to pay my 'agent' four times the amount we'd agreed simply ensure that I would mow your lawn as agreed? It's daylight robbery - nothing more nothing less!

We may need to pay it to get the players.

It's pretty straight forward.

Charlie-Brown

We may need to pay it to get the players.

It's pretty straight forward.

Well it depends on who blinks first and doesn't want to lose face Hearts or the players agent? - Hearts WON'T pay it even if that means losing the players - Iam 100% certain of that - if the players want to sign for Hearts then the players will have to get the agent to reduce his demands of forfeit more of their own money to make up the difference if he really has got that much control over them? It's a bare-faced sting and Hearts won't be blackmailed this way especially when there are dozens of other options in the transfer market.

Archived