Official Formula 1 2011 Uber Thread

Guest juvehearts

I am going to F1 in Abu Dhabi on Sunday - not a big fan but since it is 3 miles from the house it should be worth a look

You'll enjoy it mate.

I'll bet you become more of a fan after seeing it live. :thumbsup:

I was a casual fan until I was forced to go to Belgium in 1998. I'm right into it now. :thumbsup:

• Replies 727
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vettel on pole once again.

The McLarens much closer. Hopefully be a decent race.

Could be a fantastic race, with Hamilton challenging Vettel from the start, probably sitting in for the first three laps, if he doesn't get past at the start then it will be attack. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Alonso cash in on the others trying to get in-front at the start.

Could be a fantastic race, with Hamilton challenging Vettel from the start, probably sitting in for the first three laps, if he doesn't get past at the start then it will be attack. Though I wouldn't be surprised to see Alonso cash in on the others trying to get in-front at the start.

Alonsos starts have been good. I'd like to see some carnage at the 1st corner wiping out the top 3 teams.

Someone new winning for a change. Rosberg would be good or di Resta. :thumbsup: I can dream.

...and he has to retire. Gives someone else a chance! Alonso has had a great start, as has Schumi - although MS usually starts very well. With his grid positions this year, he's had to.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Vettel suffers puncture after 2nd corner :arry::cornette:

Strange one for Vettel. He didn't appear to take a different line into either of the first two corners.

Decent enough race. Hamilton controlled it well. :thumbsup:

di Resta was kept on the slower tyres for too long. Still 9th is good. :thumbsup:

1 more race and thats it until March. :down:

The Mighty Thor

I watched the 1975 & 1976 F1 season official films on ESPN classics earlier. It makes you realise how sterile and utterly unexciting the current F1 is.

Niki Lauda & James Hunt in their prime and some really old team names like Ligier, hesketh and of course Tyrrell with the P34

tsm10185.jpg

really interesting to watch :thumbsup:

I watched the 1975 & 1976 F1 season official films on ESPN classics earlier. It makes you realise how sterile and utterly unexciting the current F1 is.

tsm10185.jpg

:thumbsup:

Now how can I put this diplomatically - I strongly disagree.

You'll enjoy it mate.

I'll bet you become more of a fan after seeing it live. :thumbsup:

I was a casual fan until I was forced to go to Belgium in 1998. I'm right into it now. :thumbsup:

Thought it was pretty meh to be honest.

Good watching the first couple of laps, they are obviously fantastic pieces of engineering, lost interest after a while

Godd win for Hamilton, and he seemed to have pace in hand.

I was looking forward to the start of the race as it looked like Hamilton had his racing head back on and the McLarens were looking quick and would give Vettel a race for a change, unfortunately Vettels puncture ruined everything and left us wondering what might have been. However going by the gap that he had managed to pull out by the second corner it makes you wonder if it would have just been the same story as every other race this year.

Thought it was pretty meh to be honest.

Good watching the first couple of laps, they are obviously fantastic pieces of engineering, lost interest after a while

I'm surprised to be honest.

What got me was the noise and the smells.

Also the things you see thats not on tv. Each to their own though. :thumbsup:

Arse 'Friends' Dyslexic?

Niki Lauda & James Hunt in their prime and some really old team names like Ligier, hesketh and of course Tyrrell with the P34

tsm10185.jpg

really interesting to watch :thumbsup:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1979320/

kingantti1874

I was looking forward to the start of the race as it looked like Hamilton had his racing head back on and the McLarens were looking quick and would give Vettel a race for a change, unfortunately Vettels puncture ruined everything and left us wondering what might have been. However going by the gap that he had managed to pull out by the second corner it makes you wonder if it would have just been the same story as every other race this year.

You know I'm not so sure... Leading seems to be such a huge advantage this year - cars not in the lead an travelling in the dirty air seem are losing time defending because of the DRS and not being able to use KERS at the optimal time instead having to use it to defend, the loss of downforce and having to attack / defend is also erring out the tires which are too fragile for me... Net result is that the guy leading has optimal downforce, which does kill tires and therefore can manage the gap which is what vettel has done all season...and Hamilton did it yesterday... At this point the RBR is the best car by a tenth or 2 at the most... But it's enough - I like the DRS but I think they have the tyre balance wrong, it's good that they degrade but it's too much when driers are punished for not being in clean air.

What a race that was. I'll always remember that for the massive pile-up at the start and Schumacher's crash/aggro with Coulthard.

What a race that was. I'll always remember that for the massive pile-up at the start and Schumacher's crash/aggro with Coulthard.

Sure was. :thumbsup:

I was in the stand opposite the old pitlane and the crash happened 100m up the hill from us.

I nudged my mate who was watching Hakkinen and Villenueve racing ahead of the crash. He started taking photos and when you see the crowd half are watching the crash and half watching the race.

:thumbsup:

wee bernie is now saying that the 2012 texas GP is on the verge of being scrapped

All contractors have been laid off at the track. They're not doing anymore without a contract from Bernie.

All contractors have been laid off at the track. They're not doing anymore without a contract from Bernie.

why should they do more if they are not guaranteed a contract

kingantti1874

why should they do more if they are not guaranteed a contract

This, I suspect Bernie ha decided there isn't enough room for 2 races in the USA or in the calendar now that the new york one is on the cards

• 2 weeks later...
Prince Buaben

Every session being shown and no adverts. :thumbsup:

Sky will make it look amazing.

Wonder what they will show in the weeks between races? Might get some classic races :thumbsup:

Sky will make it look amazing.

Wonder what they will show in the weeks between races? Might get some classic races :thumbsup:

I'd imagine nothing but I like your idea. :thumbsup:

Practice 3 just starting on the red button. Pity i'm getting ready to leave for the game.

Just watched the recording of Qualifying - Vettel, just amazing.

absolutely class today. A bit disappointed with Di Resta today

absolutely class today. A bit disappointed with Di Resta today

I think Force India are focussing on Sutil this weekend.

I think Force India are focussing on Sutil this weekend.

Rumours are Sutil had a dry set up and di Resta has gone on a wet set up. :thumbsup:

Just watched the top ten shoot out on iplayer and have to say Vettel's qualifying lap to earn pole was something else. Well done to the young German and hope he does the busioness this afternoon.

kingantti1874

Just watched the top ten shoot out on iplayer and have to say Vettel's qualifying lap to earn pole was something else. Well done to the young German and hope he does the busioness this afternoon.

I'd like to break his finger off and shove it up his arse... Hoping for a wet race

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I see that Martin Brundle has confirmed that he will commentate for Sky next year. Good news.

Also, see that there will be no additional charge to view the channel if you already have the Sports package. The F1 channel will be 408.

I see that Martin Brundle has confirmed that he will commentate for Sky next year. Good news.

Also, see that there will be no additional charge to view the channel if you already have the Sports package. The F1 channel will be 408.

so much for Bernie wanting F1 available to everyone and no just the "rich" So what do I do, I live in a listed building so no Sky for me. Telewest when laying down the cables for digital ran out of money by the time they came to my area. So I have feck all means of viewing. :down:

so much for Bernie wanting F1 available to everyone and no just the "rich" So what do I do, I live in a listed building so no Sky for me. Telewest when laying down the cables for digital ran out of money by the time they came to my area. So I have feck all means of viewing. :down:

Although I've got Sky I have to agree.

It should always be on council telly. :thumbsup:

They'll lose a lot of casual viewers.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

I do agree that it should be free for everyone and have sympathy for people such as yourself. It will be on in the pub though ;-)

However, from a selfish viewpoint I'm glad I won't have to pay more to watch it.

A lot of gearbox problems today. Vettel and Hamilton both struggling.

Would be nice to see Webber take a victory today - it's been a while.

Massa just ahead of Hamilton - could we have another incident...

Massa would love it ! but Alas, Hamilton's gear box gave up.

Great race from Paul Di resta.

He done well. :thumbsup: They just said he's completed the most laps of any driver this season. Excellent for a rookie. :thumbsup:

What about Alonsos pass on Button? Superb. :thumbsup:

He done well. :thumbsup: They just said he's completed the most laps of any driver this season. Excellent for a rookie. :thumbsup:

What about Alonsos pass on Button? Superb. :thumbsup:

It was brilliant, as was Buttons retort late on.

It was brilliant, as was Buttons retort late on.

It wasn't quite as good but I bet Button loved it. :thumbsup:

Archived