The Ashes

Boris

A wee teaser, how many ways can you get out and name them ? No googling , play fair .

Bowled

Stumped

LBW

Caught

Run Out

Hitting the ball twice

Hit wicket

Late in to bat

Obstructing the field

I think...

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces

Mitchell Johnson to be dropped by the Aussies. Seems like a panic move that, though he did have an absolute stinker in Brisbane. This match could go either way, but England are going in with the momentum (can't agree with your thoughts JWL, there's only 1 team who will have come out happy at the Gabba, it aint the Aussies). There could be some turn in this wicket apparentley so Swann may get into gear here.

Well Googled there Boris. :whistling::D

Another long night awaits....

Mitchell Johnson to be dropped by the Aussies. Seems like a panic move that, though he did have an absolute stinker in Brisbane. This match could go either way, but England are going in with the momentum (can't agree with your thoughts JWL, there's only 1 team who will have come out happy at the Gabba, it aint the Aussies). There could be some turn in this wicket apparentley so Swann may get into gear here.

Well Googled there Boris. :whistling::D

Another long night awaits....

I can honestly say that i did NOT Google that! Or consult my Ladybird book of Cricket either!

No work until Wednesday - bring on the Test!

Bowled

Stumped

LBW

Caught

Run Out

Hitting the ball twice

Hit wicket

Late in to bat

Obstructing the field

I think...

Now I'm honestly not 100% but I thought 11! Not sure now. I'm away to check.

Now I'm honestly not 100% but I thought 11! Not sure now. I'm away to check.

I suppose you could add abusing the umpire?

I suppose you could add abusing the umpire?

No, apparently you don't get out for that!! If you did RP would be off.

Can't wait for this.

Try and find a stream otherwise it'll be TMS on the go, either way should be good.

:thumbsup:

According to some site somewhere...

There are 10, and perhaps 11, ways of getting out:

The 5 well-known ones:

1) Caught

2) Bowled

3) Leg Before Wicket

4) Stumped

5) Run Out

And the 5 less-frequent ones. Generalized summaries only.

6) Hit Wicket: Striker breaks the wicket while batting

7) Handled The Ball: without consent of the opposite side.

8) Obstructing The Field: - Duh.

9) Hit The Ball Twice: unless he is protecting his wicket.

10) Timed Out: Next batsman due takes longer than two minutes to appear on the field.

Now the 11th out is pretty ambigious. It is not listed with the other outs but can be found in the law dealing with substitions (Law 2)

In general, any batsman who refuses to bat when he is able to do so or is refused permission to bat by the opposing captain (he had left the field when he was able to bat on) is for the purpose of the records deemed to be "retired, out".

Retired out. That's the one I couldn't get. Gatting when he got it on the nose in the West Indies comes to mind. He couldn't continue so was retired hurt. A side note, when Gatting got interviewed after a piece of bone from his nose was stuck in the ball , the journalist asked "where exactly did it hit you Mike". He just looked at the guy.

Nelly Terraces

I can honestly say that i did NOT Google that! Or consult my Ladybird book of Cricket either!

No work until Wednesday - bring on the Test!

Haha, I believe you mate. Ignore me, I'm still smarting from Sean Lawson slagging me off on the world cup threat, I'm hurt. :teehee:

Enjoy yer break ya jammy sod! :thumbsup:

Retired out. That's the one I couldn't get. Gatting when he got it on the nose in the West Indies comes to mind. He couldn't continue so was retired hurt. A side note, when Gatting got interviewed after a piece of bone from his nose was stuck in the ball , the journalist asked "where exactly did it hit you Mike". He just looked at the guy.

I remember that, Gattings face was a picture (1st and only time you'll hear that said about Gatts!!)

Geoff Kilpatrick

That's a huge toss to win for the Aussies. It's very rare for a team batting last to win at the Adelaide Oval.

That's a huge toss to win for the Aussies. It's very rare for a team batting last to win at the Adelaide Oval.

Lets hope for rare then.

Should be an interesting first session,hopefully get a couple of wickets

Streams not loading....

Ah well TMS it is.

What a start though.

EDIT: Found one.. :santa1:

thehibsareintheirbeds

Thought this one might get off to a decent but that is just a crazy 15 minutes- with more to come hopefully. Test cricket at its best- jimmy on fire.

this is bonkers, all the boys int he work over here were so confident when they found out they were batting first...a bit like the hobos in the cup :smiliz64:

OZ really need to get to a hundred without another loss and I can see this partnership being key to a decent score. Stating the obvious... :)

TMS is the dugs. Completely unbiased commentary with some great folk in the Box.

Wondering where the Boycott is though.... :unsure:

Hussey is a top class batsmen I'm sure the English will find it difficult to get him out. I'm predicting he will make a century.

stirlingshirejambo

what a morning session

top chat onTMS during the interval too

Sir Geoff in his element too.

talking about previous tours and access that they have to players that football journalists can only dream about.

stirlingshirejambo

More than decent I would say

Sounds like a real batting wicket England have had to work really hard today

Archived