The Ashes

Boris

This is what The Ashes is all about. Fascinating game already but a massive session coming for both sides, probably more so for England. If they get a couple of early wickets, then it's game on. However if Hussey sticks around for a couple of hours it could be a lost cause, especially as MJ can swing the bat and score a few runs at the bottom of the order. 5 minutes and we're up and running. MON THE AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Vaughan: I could get my whole hand into one of those cracks...(or words to that effect!). :lol:

Any stream...

stirlingshirejambo

nearly a great start for england.

they really needed that with the new ball.

Aggers cursing the review systemfor slowing game down but cricket uses technology perfectly.

nearly a great start for england.

they really needed that with the new ball.

Aggers cursing the review systemfor slowing game down but cricket uses technology perfectly.

Normally have a lot of time for Aggers, but he's talking out of his arse on this one.

England bowling really well, conceding just 9 runs in 30 minutes but still no breakthrough. Unlucky with one given and overturned and even more unlucky with another not given that could have been

England have bowled really well without getting a wicket. Classic test match creekit , superb. Its going to be a cracking days play . You can feel the tension.

England blink first with Finn coming in. Frustration in the wind?

Can't blame them really, they've done everything bar take a wicket. Don't think it's far away though, Anderson bowling superbly.

stirlingshirejambo

Anderson awesome but can't be unlucky forever

Want to keep him on but he could burn himself out for the day trying to break this partnership

The Mighty Thor

Anderson is bowling superbly, as did Broad. Scoring is very difficult and that must please England as they aren't really falling behind at all despite not getting a breakthrough

stirlingshirejambo

just lost TMS so turned over to sky sports.

david lloyd should join TMS he's brilliant.

one thing noticed about this test is the atmosphere generated by the crowd. applauding everything both teams getting great support.

In England only happens mid afternoon onwards once the beer has kicked in.

Only 18 behind now Australia, I actually thought that Haddin would have been gone early doors but he's defended well. 100 partnership now.

The Mighty Thor

Only 18 behind now Australia, I actually thought that Haddin would have been gone early doors but he's defended well. 100 partnership now.

well the Aussies have weathered the early storm and haddin hits a lovely shot away for 4 thumbsup.gif

The Mighty Thor

here we go, it's starting to open up a wee bit now, Anderson has started chirping at the batsmen and the frustration is rising. The Aussies have a great chance to kick on from here thumbsup.gif

This pair need to keep it going.

Think they'll get to a point and then really go for it.

Loving this.

Geoff Kilpatrick

A lovely knock by Hussey. He's scratched for runs this morning but dug in and got there. England will be cursing the earlier challenges.

Runs beginning to flow far to easily now for Australia. 37 ahead with 5 wickets remaining and a bit of batting still to come, England I imagine will be getting mightily concerned.

Was the shoutbox open last night?

Agreed JWL, after a difficult opening it's becoming all too easy for OZ.

Collingwood in to bowl....

OZ have had to work hard but at the same time runs have been easy especially near lunch time...

OZ to push on as you say Geoff.

If Haddin gets to his hundred and if Hussey is still there I would expect them both to let loose.

England have no more reviews which could be important.

I don't like cricket..... :teehee:

Apparently, Broad has some severe blisters on his feet, he came in to the pavilion half an hour before lunch for treatment. Big ask of Anderson now.

Been some great batting from this pair.

But the lead is still less than a hundred.

Still there's 2 days left and it'll be down to the OZ bowlers.

Should've been a wide called there as well.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM!

Haddin 100.

Archived