The Ashes

Boris

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Geoff Kilpatrick

2 sessions, no wickets. Australia are safe in the Test now. The question now is whether England can bat out a 2nd innings on this pitch.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Well done Finn on a sixfor. Aussies 221 ahead on first innings. Strauss and Cook need to bat to the close.

stirlingshirejambo

Heart in mouth for strauss first ball.

Will he go on to take advantage.

Test cricket is simply an awesome form of cricket in how the game can change in a session.

The Mighty Thor

Fell asleep on the couch TV on.....teehee.gif

Just watching what i missed on Sky Player and what a day for the Aussies. England need to survive two days to get anything from this. Can't see it.

Tremendous knocks from Hussey & Haddin thumbsup.gif

ToadKiller Dog

No reward for Jimmy Anderson today the cricket gods are cruel he had an excellent morning . Aussies are past masters of making good fortune work for them .

England will do well to get any sort of lead from there 2nd innings ,a real shift for the batsmen will be good watching the 4th day.

The Mighty Thor

I fancy watching a good English batting display have we got any good links :thumbsup:

I think the 81 ashes is on you tube mate whistling.gif

Another fascinating days cricket coming up. England cannot afford to lose early wickets, they badly require a big innings from both Strauss and Cook to build a solid platform. An early breakthrough for The Aussies however and it could be all over with a day to spare. Anyone got a heads up on the weather situation? GK?

stirlingshirejambo

Strauss is absolutely vital today if england are to save the game.

if he can bat most of the day they could not only save the game but if the pitch cracks open right up could set a worrying target for Australia.

Strauss is absolutely vital today if england are to save the game.

if he can bat most of the day they could not only save the game but if the pitch cracks open right up could set a worrying target for Australia.

England are batting to save the game, nothing else will be entering their head. No way will they have enough today to set Australia a target.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Another fascinating days cricket coming up. England cannot afford to lose early wickets, they badly require a big innings from both Strauss and Cook to build a solid platform. An early breakthrough for The Aussies however and it could be all over with a day to spare. Anyone got a heads up on the weather situation? GK?

If it's anything like Melbourne it will pish down! Apparently, there is a chance of a shower today which in Brisbane will mean a flash downpour like Friday!

Nice steady start

This is what England need to do all day

..... but I can't help always thinking, when watching England bat under pressure, that there's a potential collapse around the corner?

Proabbaly been listening to Geoff Boycott too much over the years :blink:

..... but I can't help always thinking, when watching England bat under pressure, that there's a potential collapse around the corner?

Proabbaly been listening to Geoff Boycott too much over the years :blink:

Na England in the past have been kings of the collapse,but i think this team is a little bit more resilient

Na England in the past have been kings of the collapse,but i think this team is a little bit more resilient

I think that the test series v Pakistan showed that England have that sort of resilience all down the batting line up and someone always seemed to step up .... but that's going against years of disappointment and underachieving.

stirlingshirejambo

England also score at a good rate which puts pressure on the opposition even if they do lose a couple of wickets.

They can act into a lead by tea time then final session today could decide the match.

England also score at a good rate which puts pressure on the opposition even if they do lose a couple of wickets.

They can act into a lead by tea time then final session today could decide the match.

2.61 at the moment :whistling:

This is going too well. I fear a collapse at some point just as England get comfortable. :sweat:

Thats Soooooooooooooooooooooo negative :verymad:

Nelly Terraces

Thats Soooooooooooooooooooooo negative :verymad:

That's so suffer watching them do it countless times down the years! Good morning so far though.

Thats s beauty of a drinks cart :lol:

Heh heh, yeah, its a corker. It's like the big Pepsi can they have in india the blokes run out in it, kinda like the Flintstones mobile! Looks brilliant.

stirlingshirejambo

Run rate only 2.61 due to seeing out last hour very cautiously last night against the new ball just as hussey did at start of innings. sure it will be well in excess of 3 so far today.

That's so suffer watching them do it countless times down the years! Good morning so far though.

I went to Trent Bridge during the 80s England against the windes. England where 112 for 0 (Gooch and Atherton) at lunch all out just after tea.

Morning everyone, first time on this thread, that's the first target acheived. This is the new England and I can see a 80-100 run lead by close today. If so, if they can add some quick runs by an hour after lunch, there could be a shock on the cards.

A DRAW AT WORST.

Rupert Pupkin

England scoring runs without being aggresive,hoping to play for a draw,wicket isnt offering much so seems a likely result. :thumbsup:

Not been able to stay awake this week for the afternoon session but will tonight.

could be a great session

Afternoon session then bed for me :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

A similar session and England will have cleared the sheet. Pressure on the Aussies to break this partnership early, particularly since Trott scratched for runs in the 1st innings.

stirlingshirejambo

flat pitch soft ball they will need keep bowling tight and hope for mistakes rather than any great attacking deliveries.

take Siddle out of the first innings and australia's attack has been toothless over 2 innings.

stirlingshirejambo

Really good response after duck in first innings not sure he's type player to try hit over top though.

No need to take chances

Archived