The Ashes

Boris

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not bothered about who wins but I suspect there'll be a few MBE/OBE thingy's flying about if England win The Ashes.

Surely they couldn't go through that embarrassing charade once again could they? Medals should be given at the end of distinguished careers to Captains who won multiple Ashes series, not to one hit wonders.

Right the sun is shinning play starts at 11.30pm

England to bat again but will win

Mon the England

God i talk pesh

Good night everyone

Nelly Terraces

'Swann, Swann Will Tear You Apart Again......'

Superb! This is total domination. What a match from England, top stuff, really on another level altogeher. Only downside the loss of Broady but surely the aussies are a busted flush, I can see England turning the screw in Perth then party on for the last 2 games.

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

There's nowt from Ozzy bowling... However, things can change though. England in the seat though.

Geoff I feel is happy, as he'll be at MCG on Boxing Day lucky ......

:teehee:

'Swann, Swann Will Tear You Apart Again......'

Superb! This is total domination. What a match from England, top stuff, really on another level altogeher. Only downside the loss of Broady but surely the aussies are a busted flush, I can see England turning the screw in Perth then party on for the last 2 games.

Brilliant. :thumbsup:

In steps either Bresnan or Tremlett. Either of whom would walk into the Aussie attack.

Nelly Terraces

In steps either Bresnan or Tremlett. Either of whom would walk into the Aussie attack.

Never been convinced by Bresnan, SB either Tremlett or Shahzad for me. Just gutted for Broady, and he'll be a big miss as if things ever get sticky batting wise he can stay around in the middle for a while.

To be honest though, Me and You could probably walk into the Oz 'attack' (or lack of) at the moment.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Brilliant victory. Been in meetings all morning. Came back to my desk and one of the English guys was celebrating. My boss immediately called for the whole Aussie team to be sacked!

btw What would have happened if England had appealed for the one that hit the stumps ..... then used the referral system????? :smiliz23:

They'd have wasted a referral. To be out, the bails have to be dislodged. If the ball hits the stumps too gently to knock at least one of the bails off, then the batsmen is not out.

• 2 weeks later...

No chance I'll stay up to watch the start but will get up early to catch some of the game before work

One change for England and I'm betting on Tremlett as the more positive choice

Aussies look in disarray with almost half the team likely to change.

Perth's a result pitch so it;s make or break for the series 1-1 or 0-2

Geoff Kilpatrick

A rumoured green top in Perth could make Day 1 interesting.

I love the Perth test. The three hour time difference between here and WA means lots of viewing after work! :)

stirlingshirejambo

really looking forward to this test

a result wicket as rumoured will play right into England's hands.

Hopefully Anderson's trip home won't have taken too much out of him.

time difference means i might set the alarm for 5 rather than try stay up. that should be start of afternoon session

really looking forward to this test

a result wicket as rumoured will play right into England's hands.

Hopefully Anderson's trip home won't have taken too much out of him.

time difference means i might set the alarm for 5 rather than try stay up. that should be start of afternoon session

Yeah, will get up early and catch a few hours tomorrow morning. Would love to see The Aussies pull it back to 1-1. Will make the next couple of tests more interesting.

stirlingshirejambo

Had planned to get up at 5 but woke up.

Great morning for England bowling good line and length

pitch doesn't seem to be doing much but bowlers just plugging away and a team low on confidence are making mistakes

Geoff Kilpatrick

I think that England will be slightly disappointed with that given that the Aussies had 4 down for less than 50.

A nervy wee spell to survive now.

I think that England will be slightly disappointed with that given that the Aussies had 4 down for less than 50.

A nervy wee spell to survive now.

Couldn't believe that Strauss took so long to put Swann on again against the last 2. They were enjoying themselves by swinging the bat at faster deliveries which had no change of hitting the stumps. Will those 30 runs be crucial?

English batters look happy enough so far. 21 for none.

Couldn't believe that Strauss took so long to put Swann on again against the last 2. They were enjoying themselves by swinging the bat at faster deliveries which had no change of hitting the stumps. Will those 30 runs be crucial?

English batters look happy enough so far. 21 for none.

No, I don't think they will be.

The Aussie tail can wag all it likes, but it's pointless if their bowlers can't take wickets.

England in a very strong position at the moment.

stirlingshirejambo

Trcky little session out the way

Long day in the field for the Aussies tommrow :thumbsup:

Having got up at 3 to watch/listen I'm now struggling a little at my desk.

I do think that England missed a trick a little letting the tail wag however tomorrow will tell us how good a pitch it is and I fully expect England to bat all day tomorrow and some of the next to put Australia out of sight winning the test.

Can they then take the 10 wickets again. Surely some of Australia's top order have to show some form at some point.

Having got up at 3 to watch/listen I'm now struggling a little at my desk.

I do think that England missed a trick a little letting the tail wag however tomorrow will tell us how good a pitch it is and I fully expect England to bat all day tomorrow and some of the next to put Australia out of sight winning the test.

Can they then take the 10 wickets again. Surely some of Australia's top order have to show some form at some point.

I've not seen much of this yet (a few overs about half seven this morning) but were the opening wickets poor batting or good bowling?

I hope England get the credit they deserve for ripping the Aussies who, while not as good as they were a few years ago, are still a bloody good side.

England's bowling has been pretty good so far this series, as has the batting.

I've not seen much of this yet (a few overs about half seven this morning) but were the opening wickets poor batting or good bowling?

Decent bowling, poor batting and outstanding catching. The 2 new boys in the Aussie line up were very poor and Ponting failed again, the batting is under sever pressure. The fact that the bottom half of the batting order can put on 200 tells you something about the pitch & top order

In the past, when the boot has been on the other foot the Aussies have used it to stamp all over England ... if England are the real deal then this will be the day to deliver!

stirlingshirejambo

just woken up seems i've missed a huge unexpected turnaround

England need to remember they've won nearly every session this series so all is not lost

Can't wait to hear what geoff has to say

just woken up seems i've missed a huge unexpected turnaround

England need to remember they've won nearly every session this series so all is not lost

Can't wait to hear what geoff has to say

Boycott is in the House! :thumbsup:

My stream isn't working......

Archived