The Ashes

Boris

Geoff Kilpatrick

Nonsense Wibble. You win the toss and bat. Rule one of Test Match cricket. Strauss and Cook's job is to see off the new ball and make the Aussies work.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nonsense Wibble. You win the toss and bat. Rule one of Test Match cricket. Strauss and Cook's job is to see off the new ball and make the Aussies work.

I agree on most occassions, but there was a big opportunity to put an under pressure side under some extreme early pressure.

The pitch will dry out over the next 4 hours and the movement will be lost.

I agree on most occassions, but there was a big opportunity to put an under pressure side under some extreme early pressure.

The pitch will dry out over the next 4 hours and the movement will be lost.

I'm away to ma bed :verymad:

Not to worry, the most boring cricketer i've had the misfortune to watch will dig in.

Has Boycott come out of retirement?

Nelly Terraces

Not to worry, the most boring cricketer i've had the misfortune to watch will dig in.

Trott makes me yearn for the days of Chris Tavare and his swashbuckling style! :teehee:

Great start from Australia, really pumped up. First runs to England but not convincing. Australia looking as if they have a point to prove. Early days though.

Trott makes me yearn for the days of Chris Tavare and his swashbuckling style! :teehee:

from wiki

He adapted his natural game to meet the requirements of the Test side, becoming a notorious blocker.[1] In 1981, at Old Trafford he scored 69 and 78, but was at the crease for 12 hours. His 50 in the second innings was a new slowest for Tests played in England, and the following season he played a yet slower one. Among his overall slowest was to score just 35 runs in six and a half hours at Madras in the 1981/2 season.

compared to this Trott is Beefy Botham

Nelly Terraces

Strauss = :facepalm:

FACT.

According to Aggers.

Nelly, not working for me.... :(

Aggers and The Vaughan are quality on TMS.

Downer mate, have you tried elsewhere on web. I just chucked Aus v Eng cricket live stream in google and that was the 1st site that came up.

trott was VERY lucky there.

EDIT: Try http://www.mips.tv/channel.php?u=455

CornhillHearts

Apologies should have said "live", never saw Boycott or Tavare in the flesh . Seen him in a few ODIs and whilst his dogged determined style is required at times (like now) he can't get out the mode.

Nelly Terraces

from wiki

He adapted his natural game to meet the requirements of the Test side, becoming a notorious blocker.[1] In 1981, at Old Trafford he scored 69 and 78, but was at the crease for 12 hours. His 50 in the second innings was a new slowest for Tests played in England, and the following season he played a yet slower one. Among his overall slowest was to score just 35 runs in six and a half hours at Madras in the 1981/2 season.

compared to this Trott is Beefy Botham

Haha, no wrong! Tavare was murder. :huh:

Sweet. :) Its outta cync but TMS rules so have got to have that on.

Agreed.

The Boycott has arrived. :thumbsup:

Nelly Terraces

Ball swinging well. Would have been good for England to bowl first. woot.gifwoot.gif

If the Aussies had won the toss they'd have batted. Source - Ricky Ponting.

Nelly Terraces

Agreed.

The Boycott has arrived. :thumbsup:

Indeed he has. Expect moaning. :D

He's found CMJ's sunnies down the back of his chair - result! :D

If the Aussies had won the toss they'd have batted. Source - Ricky Ponting.

I know, he never goes against that, but today there were good reasons for doing so.

Indeed he has. Expect moaning. :D

Great stuff though...even when they're winning! Reminds me of....nah I'm not going there... :)

I expect a lot of this to come over the next few days.....

That was a 4-ball...so says Boycott.

Hopefully, Pietersen the South African does his usual and FAILS Spectacularly.

This would make me happy.

Getting Cook out is the one needed and then of course there's Collingwood...

thehibsareintheirbeds

Make or break for pietersen, big score here and he's off and running for the ashes- out cheaply and england and him in trouble. Similar cook, needs a score here.

Fantastic start, just gutted I have to work in a few hours.

Archived