The Ashes

Boris

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Nelly Terraces

Watcha lads! Not been on the thread so far this match, was thinking it might be all over before I did - oooops, there goes the useless ginger Mackem - England getting am absolute ***** doing here, the same old failures letting them down again, KP a giant knob of a human being, and Collingwood should've been dropped years ago.

Well donde the Aussies - if they win this series then England will never win over there again, this is their best chance in years, blow it and they're dicked.

Nelly Terraces

Oh well. 1 all with the big one in 8 days time! :)

Should be massive. Going round a mates house at Midnight on Boxing Day, full regalia to be worn, shorts, dodgy shirts, floppy hats and zinc ointment on the hooter! Should be fun getting to his place in minus 10c weather!! :teehee:

How will the Sports Personality of the Year show take this defeat tonight.Bet they had an retaining of the Ashes celebration ready. :santa1:

Geoff Kilpatrick

I wonder if England will consider axing Collingwood for Bresnan at the G? The pitch has been dropped in and wickets can tumble on it. Finn seems to be struggling and Broad has already pulled up lame.

Think OZ have bit back.

As for Melbourne, BARMY ARMY! BARMY ARMY!

All over...

England old batting frailty's have come back to haunt them big time here.

Still think England will win the Ashesthumbsup.gif

Boycott is ripping England apart!

If you were Shankly, Brian Clough, Sir Alex Ferguson..

Unfortunately, I can't remember what he said.

Blown Away!

But it's great stuff! :santa1:

He's just ripped into Broad!

:lol:

stirlingshirejambo

Boycott is ripping England apart!

If you were Shankly, Brian Clough, Sir Alex Ferguson..

Unfortunately, I can't remember what he said.

Was a decisive victory and sure Sir Geoff will not have held back in his criticism as despite England's domnance early n in the tour right now it's level with Australian confidence sky high.

England don't lke to chop and change but Collngwood could be a possibility to be dropped for Morgan and perhaps Bresanfor Fin to give hi a rest as mc as anything

Blown Away!

But it's great stuff! :santa1:

He's just ripped into Broad!

:lol:

I think they'll bring in Bresnan for Finn, the bowling needs to be freshened up through a series. I reckon they should be dropping Collingwood but that will not happen as Morgan has batted even less than Colly on tour

Mon Boxing Day!

Botham and Atherton both seem confident that England will bounce back in Melbourne, Nasser not so. Really depends if they can get the pitch Perth-like which would obviously be to The Aussies advantage..........let's hope so. 90,000 people there will be awesome, will be staying up to watch this one.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Botham and Atherton both seem confident that England will bounce back in Melbourne, Nasser not so. Really depends if they can get the pitch Perth-like which would obviously be to The Aussies advantage..........let's hope so. 90,000 people there will be awesome, will be staying up to watch this one.

There's no danger of a Perth like pitch. The 'square' is dropped in after the AFL season finishes and the weather has been unusually wet. Indeed the forecast is for cloud and mid 20's so we are reviewing whether to have Christmas dinner alfresco or not!

Depends on what target the team batting the last second innings has to chase. MCG has in the past been difficult for teams chasing 250+ to win.

Depends on what target the team batting the last second innings has to chase. MCG has in the past been difficult for teams chasing 250+ to win.

Yep. As Geoff has already stated it doesn't look like we are getting a WACA type surface but Australia will want it to be prepared as close as possible to this. It will more than likely be win the toss and bat, and bat long. Make England chase 350plus and it goes to the wire.

stirlingshirejambo

Yep. As Geoff has already stated it doesn't look like we are getting a WACA type surface but Australia will want it to be prepared as close as possible to this. It will more than likely be win the toss and bat, and bat long. Make England chase 350plus and it goes to the wire.

Just listened to Goff on the podcast he ripped into them big style

Gave Stuart Broad an unfair hard time I thought but still rall funny

h

Someone on the radio here mentioned that the Poms have turned to water ever since the WAGS arrived.

Either too much pumping going on or the WAGS are pwopah nippy.

Worth an early bump due to this wonderful article by Mike Selvey.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/dec/23/the-ashes-2010-melbourne-cricket-ground

Yes, I cannot wait! :)

What's the views like? Better than the upper stand at Motherwell last week I hope! How much are the tickets? too late to get there now with all the problems at Heathrow, we'll just have to make do with Kilmarnock on Boxing day instead

Enjoy yourself :thumbsup:

Worth an early bump due to this wonderful article by Mike Selvey.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/blog/2010/dec/23/the-ashes-2010-melbourne-cricket-ground

Yes, I cannot wait! :)

Now that's what I call a journalist. Makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up just thinking about the walk to the ground. Magnificent piece about the Windies tour also. So jealous Geoff but enjoy while I am stuck at Aegon :verymad:

Not too much though..........Mon The Aussies!!!!!!!!!! :smiliz64:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Typical weather forecast. Mid 20's and chance of a shower. Christmas Day will still be alfresco and Hearts top and shorts will still be worn tomorrow!

Typical weather forecast. Mid 20's and chance of a shower. Christmas Day will still be alfresco and Hearts top and shorts will still be worn tomorrow!

What type of pitch do we have Geoff (This is like Sky Sports live with Geoff Kilpatrick)rumours here that they have changed from the one that they were originally intending using.

Geoff Kilpatrick

What type of pitch do we have Geoff (This is like Sky Sports live with Geoff Kilpatrick)rumours here that they have changed from the one that they were originally intending using.

Rumours are it's another green top. Will confirm roughly this time tomorrow :)

Rumours are it's another green top. Will confirm roughly this time tomorrow :)

I'll be here, so back to Colin in the studio :santa1:

Further update: A change on the way so there could be showers with temps in the teens. :seething:

Hope the weather holds for you mate and you enjoy your day at the G

England seem to be pushing the Don't Panic ..... No Changes line. Could be a mistake imo. Over the course of a series surely they need to freshen up just a little?

Geoff Kilpatrick

Morning Richie. Just about to head to get the train in to the G - sun is out but there is a lot of cloud cover. I'd be tempted to break the rule of a lifetime and bowl first if I won the toss this morning.

Morning Richie. Just about to head to get the train in to the G - sun is out but there is a lot of cloud cover. I'd be tempted to break the rule of a lifetime and bowl first if I won the toss this morning.

Well if that is the case, hopefully Australia win the toss and MJ gets a bit of swing with the first change..............MON THE AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back live to Geoff :unsure:

stirlingshirejambo

Turkey and cranberry pieces at the ready, game on. 'Mon the England!

this is the most eagerly awaited tests of all

90,000+ crowd possible swinging ball. Jimmy Anderson thi is your moment

come on England

This is it. A few festive sherries and I want to hear Jerusalem! Here comes the toss. England win and to bowl first! Bressnan in for Finn.

Won the toss and fielding, bold stuff from Strauss.

Hardly what I would call bold stuff. Only decision he could make considering the conditions. Quite sure Punter would have done the same...................MON THE AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

stirlingshirejambo

Good evening Ladies and Gentlemen

Really looking forward to this one,

England to win and regain the Ashes

Ricky Ponting sounded dissapointed to have lost the toss and both captains think the wicket will do a lot on Day 1

Hardly what I would call bold stuff. Only decision he could make considering the conditions. Quite sure Punter would have done the same...................MON THE AUSSIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup:

Remember the old phrase.................Think about inserting them, think about it again then decide to bat :thumbsup:

Archived