RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

With the week we have had,he would have been delighted,

Hope he keeps his spirits up and gets to have that pint.Heres to you wee man. :)

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Here's is an update for everyone about Sinky, He had deterioriated over the last week,from the Sunday to Friday.His strength & energy were low,his infection and general pain high.

However,since introducing stricter visiting (no visitors before 2pm) more sleep / rest and eating little and often he is, getting better day on day.He has had so many highs recently with his day out at Tynecastle,his birthday party,beating Hibs,Celtic,St J etc coupled with his visits from various friends,workmates,jambo's ,et al that some lows were inevitable.

He is now concentrating on building his strength and has the following 'Targets'.

1. He is getting an afternoon out ,to go for a bar lunch and a pint.

2. He is going to go to the hearts U19s V Hibs in the Youth Cup on 05th December.

3.We are having a Xmas party at the hospice (date to be confirmed )provisionally 10/12/10

His humour & spirit are undiminished and his fave saying is still F.T.H.

Thanks for the update, Meadows. :thumbsup:

Our thoughts are with the wee man.

Lynn

I don't know Sinky, but (like many others I'm sure) this is the first thread I look at when I log into JKB just now.

Good to hear you're getting over a wee blip big fella. Have a pint for me when you hit the boozer for lunch, it's a good time to be a Jambo, we're flying, well worth a celebratory peeve.

I've just bumped the post with his address in case anyone else wants to send him a card or something.

Blair

Sure Can Matey, here you go..

Sinclair (Sinky) Pentland

C/o Marie Curie

Frogston Road West

Edinburgh

EH10 7DR

Here's is an update for everyone about Sinky, He had deterioriated over the last week,from the Sunday to Friday.His strength & energy were low,his infection and general pain high.

1. He is getting an afternoon out ,to go for a bar lunch and a pint.

3.We are having a Xmas party at the hospice (date to be confirmed )provisionally 10/12/10

His humour & spirit are undiminished and his fave saying is still F.T.H.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Only in Scotland.

Just kiddin

Hope you pick up mate.

Not long back from visiting him this efftie. Had him out in the gardens

for some fresh air, a small refreshment and a smoke (well quite a few smokes actually) :whistling:

He's staying very positive and determined (despite knowing his own fate) and looking forward

to his forthcoming pub lunch and xmas bash.

Hats off to the wee man, I might be twice his size but he's a bigger man than me. :thumbsup:

Not long back from visiting him this efftie. Had him out in the gardens

for some fresh air, a small refreshment and a smoke (well quite a few smokes actually) :whistling:

He's staying very positive and determined (despite knowing his own fate) and looking forward

to his forthcoming pub lunch and xmas bash.

Hats off to the wee man, I might be twice his size but he's a bigger man than me. :thumbsup:

Everybody loves Baz

What ward is he in again? Unfortunately I'm visiting my father in law on ward 4 as it's not looking good for him. I'll pop in with this Saturdays programme if you want

Everybody loves Baz

Hope I've not missed something here but sinky is still in the western ?

Everybody loves Baz

Bollocks just noticed he's in the Marie curie, bloody phone. I'll still and try and get it to him .

Bollocks just noticed he's in the Marie curie, bloody phone. I'll still and try and get it to him .

Same ward as Grandad was in Son xx

A wee update on a happy note on what is a sad day with the legend Jim cruickshank passing away.

The Gentleman that is Donald Ford took the time and trouble to make contact about Sinky, and sent him a parcel with various items from Donald, along with a lovely hand written personal message.Sinky is/was ecstatic. He also had a visit from a kissogram,blonde,busty and very friendly :whistling: The pics will be ready soon!!

A wee update on a happy note on what is a sad day with the legend Jim cruickshank passing away.

The Gentleman that is Donald Ford took the time and trouble to make contact about Sinky, and sent him a parcel with various items from Donald, along with a lovely hand written personal message.Sinky is/was ecstatic. He also had a visit from a kissogram,blonde,busty and very friendly :whistling: The pics will be ready soon!!

Outstanding.

How friendly?

How friendly?

More than friendly in fact shared herself wi the Sinky boy.I believe she is making a special appearance at the Xmas party!

Johanes de Silentio

Brilliant stuff! :thumbsup:

J.T.F.Robertson

A sad day indeed.

You guys are doing a great job, my respect to all.

Different class Meadows :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Reading this has put a wee smile on my face on such a sad day

Huge respect to you guys for what you're doing, my best mate was in Marie Curie a couple of years ago and I know how much it means to have real mates when you're in there.

Keep fighting wee man. :thumbsup:

Did he need to hand over a match programme. :whistling:

For those who may know the wee guy and have been asking about him recently. There is a bit of bad news about him. He's currently in the Western General Hospital battling cancer of the stomach and spine. I am sure many of you would like to pass on your best wishes to a true Hearts fan of many a year.

don't know him, but want to wish him the best in his fight against the big c.

Just mailed the boy my best wishes and a beaver picture from Canada ;)

Get well Sinky.

I hope the Beaver was a natural colour and not a dyed version.

Natural blondes are the best.

Sinky mate , never a day goes by without thinking of YOU.

I have just been told that the pains I have been having are the TC ( Cancer o the balls) I hope I have caught it early enough to make a difference.

TBH football will take a back seat just now.

I dont know how full on I am , but hope its not much.

I do know that YOU ( the greatest heats fan in the world ) give me the insperation to stay strong.

2-0 again for the Hearts.

Let the good times roll.

Gorgie Boys 1874.

Guest jambomickey

I have just been told that the pains I have been having are the TC ( Cancer o the balls) I hope I have caught it early enough to make a difference.

I do know that YOU ( the greatest heats fan in the world ) give me the insperation to stay strong.

Let the good times roll.

Gorgie Boys 1874.

sorry to hear your news mate, hope you've been diagnosed in time and you make a full and speedy recovery! goodluck

Johanes de Silentio

That's terrible news, mate - I'm so sorry.

Let's hope that it's not too far on, and that you will beat it.

Stick in, bud.

Let the good times roll.

Gorgie Boys 1874.

That's awful.

All the best, hope you have caught it early enough and have a full recovery.

A sad day indeed.

You guys are doing a great job, my respect to all.

It's a really heart-warming thread this. Makes you smile and sad in equal measures.

Best of luck JG, mate. Recovery rates are good so just sit there and go "no way this fecker's getting me."

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

My wife lost her boyfriend due to TC when she was 20yr old ( he was 21 ).

17 years later she now has me and 3 kids. And now I have TC.

My missus is a 100% angel who doese not deserve this type of life.

TBH its Sinky I think about and I hope he is doing OK.

2-0 Hearts

Rudi scored a goal just for SINKY.

Chin up Sinky :thumbsup:

Let the good times roll.

Gorgie Boys 1874.

sad news , i hope its early enough and it can be dealt with .

puts life into perspective when you hear stories like this.

what a lovely post, full of pathos and humility

you'll fight this jambogarry, and you'll have everyone here fighting your corner no doubt too.

everyone has rallied round sinky and its been really emotional to watch.

we truly do have a huge jambo family and it feels great that there are so many here who still deeply care about others and do as much for their friends and extended family as the guys have done for sinky

Cheers guys :thumbsup:

My wife lost her boyfriend due to TC when she was 20yr old ( he was 21 ).

17 years later she now has me and 3 kids. And now I have TC.

My missus is a 100% angel who doese not deserve this type of life.

TBH its Sinky I think about and I hope he is doing OK.

2-0 Hearts

Rudi scored a goal just for SINKY.

Chin up Sinky :thumbsup:

Jeezo!

All the best to you in the difficult times ahead.

Carl Weathers

Sinky has some great friends and I wish him the very best. The club have been very good as well, which I'm sure has been a massive boost.

Good luck to Garry too. :thumbsup:

what a lovely post, full of pathos and humility

you'll fight this jambogarry, and you'll have everyone here fighting your corner no doubt too.

everyone has rallied round sinky and its been really emotional to watch.

we truly do have a huge jambo family and it feels great that there are so many here who still deeply care about others and do as much for their friends and extended family as the guys have done for sinky

Thanks for your kind words Bev.

Thank you.

blondejamtart

Bev has pretty much summed up what I was going to say - it is truly touching to see the way the whole Hearts community has rallied round Sinky at this time, and I am sure everyone will also be backing youy as you fight your battle against this cruel b**** of a disease, jambogarry.

JG, stick in there mate. The big C has been an absolute ***** to us Jambos this year and I have lost far too mny friends and family in 2010. The stats are more in your favour than 17 years ago so lets make sure your angel doesn't have to suffer the loss again. To you, Sinky and all members of the Hearts family going through this horrible battle, good luck, my thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you all.

JG, stick in there mate. The big C has been an absolute ***** to us Jambos this year and I have lost far too mny friends and family in 2010. The stats are more in your favour than 17 years ago so lets make sure your angel doesn't have to suffer the loss again. To you, Sinky and all members of the Hearts family going through this horrible battle, good luck, my thoughts, prayers and best wishes are with you all.

Can't add to this, but most certainly echo it.

All the best to all of you.

Coburg Hearts

This encapsulates my thoughts better than I could. JamboG, you have a great fighting chance of beating this. Hang in there and stay as positive as you can. You have a great attitude. Good luck.

Sorry to hear that Jambogarry. The recovery rate for TC is pretty good and Im sure you will be okay. And being a Jambo Im sure you will have plenty of fighting spirit. I wish you all the very best mate and Im sure your missus will be an absolute rock for you at this difficuilt time. :thumbsup:

All the best to JG. If its any consolation a friend of mine had TC 9 years ago & it was on a fair bit. He had it removed & has recovered fully.

Good to hear all the good things happening for Sinky.

To JG, as a cancer survivor I am pretty sure I know what you are going through just now. In my case the worst time was the being told I might have, and finding out for sure I had cancer. There are some bad days especially if you have the treatments but the knowledge you are fighting it, and the subsequent relief of beating it are fantastic feelings. You are a young man no reason to lose, remember the famous words "this too shall pass".

Terrible news jambogarry, can't imagine what you're going through right now but hope that you keep up the positivity that's coming out of your posts just now and beat this absolute ******* of a disease.

All the best.

JG Im sure you know already mate that you have a very very good chance of a full recovery.

The thing about TC is that it tends to stay where it is and not go anywhere else and reacts well to treatment..

Take care and fight on.thumbsup.gif

Any news on sinky? Seems like ages since theres been any update

[/quo

Just to let you know the latest on the wee man..He had a fantastic day out on Tuesday, his first since the Killie game.We visited Tynecastle and had a look round the stadium,done a supermarket sweep of the superstore and went to Tusitala for a lovely meal and a few beers (on Sinky lol)We had hired an ambulance for the day!

We had hoped to have another day out today when he was going to visit his workmates at Royal Mail as well as have a tour of the city,however his doctor kyboshed it as he was'nt strong enough today.We are hoping for a day in the pub on Sunday to watch M'well V Hearts.Rudi was up seeing him last night with his lovely girlfriend and spent an hour cheering the wee man up!

He got a postcard today from Canada with a beaver shot as promised above lol! :D

Archived