RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
J.T.F.Robertson
Just to let you know the latest on the wee man..He had a fantastic day out on Tuesday, his first since the Killie game.We visited Tynecastle and had a look round the stadium,done a supermarket sweep of the superstore and went to Tusitala for a lovely meal and a few beers (on Sinky lol)We had hired an ambulance for the day!

We had hoped to have another day out today when he was going to visit his workmates at Royal Mail as well as have a tour of the city,however his doctor kyboshed it as he was'nt strong enough today.We are hoping for a day in the pub on Sunday to watch M'well V Hearts.Rudi was up seeing him last night with his lovely girlfriend and spent an hour cheering the wee man up!

He got a postcard today from Canada with a beaver shot as promised above lol! :D

Rudi is salt of the earth, FACT!!

Seriously, he doesn't have to do any of this and he certainly doesn't have to spend the amount of time he does, when he is there.

An ace guy, as are each of you in my eyes, btw.

My best wishes to Sinky.

all my best to sinky.

cancer is a bwewew

i just lost a friend that from 9 weeks ago that the docs went from a positive cancer search of cancer and being told she is going home for rest, she past away last friday at the tender age of 28

i was up last week and he was in great form. handling things remarkably well. having guys like ian and calum looking after him must help and you guys deserve all the praise going for devoting so much of your time.

it's also humbling to see how much time rudi has put by to visit sinky. it makes you proud to have your club associated with such a guy.

i was trying to get up again yesterday but couldn't make it. from what i hear he was very tired, which is understandable.

hopefully the team give the wee man lots more to keep him cheerful.

I hope the Beaver was a natural colour and not a dyed version.

Natural blondes are the best.

Sinky mate , never a day goes by without thinking of YOU.

I have just been told that the pains I have been having are the TC ( Cancer o the balls) I hope I have caught it early enough to make a difference.

TBH football will take a back seat just now.

I dont know how full on I am , but hope its not much.

I do know that YOU ( the greatest heats fan in the world ) give me the insperation to stay strong.

2-0 again for the Hearts.

Let the good times roll.

Gorgie Boys 1874.

JG I'm not a clinician but I work in cancer research. TC treatment is amongst the most effective of all cancer treatments and TC outcomes are amongst the best. Stick at it mate.

Guest jambomickey

thanks for the update calum, brilliant yous had a great day out with sinky! you're doing a great job at keeping the wee mans spirit up mate.

Everybody loves Baz

Sad sad day.

R.I.P Sinky, you will not be forgotten

scots civil war

oh thats very sad indeed

what type was it,stomach,pancreatic or something if you dont mind me asking......

poor guy,a sad day for the heart of midlothian family......players,staff and fans

Hibs fan here, just told the missus the sad news, she had become quite fond of Sinky as hEr best mate was in the next room to him in the hospice. Sadly she passed away at a young age a few weeks back. Our thoughts are with his family all you guys who took the time and trouble to make his last few months as enjoyable for him as possible.

RIP

PT

Didn't know Sinky at all but it sounded like a lot of Hearts supporters, players and officials rallied around to make his last weeks as enjoyable for him as possible. It seemed like Hearts were his family and that family didn't let him down.

Very sorry to hear this news.

oh thats very sad indeed

what type was it,stomach,pancreatic or something if you dont mind me asking......

poor guy,a sad day for the heart of midlothian family......players,staff and fans

It was cancer at the base of the spine that spread.

RIP Wee Man!

Thunderstruck

Very sad indeed. The friendship, caring spirit and depth of generosity shown to him by his friends and the Club over the last weeks has been truly remarkabe and must have have eased his passing.

Confirmation from Calum.

Peacefully passed away at 3.23 this morning.

RIP mate - you WILL be missed.

sad news RIP Sinky

Nucky Thompson

RIP Sinky mate. That's now 6 people I know who have been taken by cancer this year some in the matter of weeks after finding out :(

Really sad news

RIP Sinky. You fought like a true Jambo mate.

Thoughts with family and friends.

Special mention to Sinkys mates on here.

You guys are the kind of mates we all wish we had and gave Sinky the support and love that he needed at a time when he needed it most.

Big respect to you all.

Archived