RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

Never knew him, but you cant help to be impressed with the amount of people he must have impacted during his life to have so many people and the club rally around him during his illness.

R.I.P

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I never knew you Sinky but i feel like i did due to your many good friends on here. You will be greatly missed.

RIP.

you fought so hard wee man and always had a smile on your face

thoughts are with Cal and Ian and the rest of the hospice posse

thanks again to all the staff at the Western and Marie Curie and to all at Heart of Midlothian Football Club who went above and beyond

will be raising a glass to Sinky in the Haymarket this afternoon RIP mate

Nelly Terraces

Really sad news

RIP Sinky. You fought like a true Jambo mate.

Thoughts with family and friends.

Special mention to Sinkys mates on here.

You guys are the kind of mates we all wish we had and gave Sinky the support and love that he needed at a time when he needed it most.

Big respect to you all.

This says it all, especially the highlighted. You should be proud of yourselves lads, true mates in every sense, you did the wee man proud as well.

RIP Wee Man. You were Hearts through and through.

Gorgie Rules - FTH.

Really awful news. Rest in peace Sinky. Another great Hearts man passes away. I was a bit annoyed that todays game has been called off but this news really puts things into perspective.

Gutted for all the wonderful friends the guy had. You all did so much for him in the last 6 months, there can have been no better way to bow out. Well done one and all for making his last months a great celebration of his character and his life.

Coburg Hearts

...and they've called today's game off as a mark of respect....

That was the first thing I thought. So very sad. Condolences to everyone who knew him, especially his family and many friends. Such a loss. RIP

Never new Sinky in person but i've seen him many, many times both home & away supporting the Hearts in his own inimitable style. Certainly raised a laugh on some of the most miserable of days.

RIP Sinky, the world is short of genuine characters and we just lost a big one today.

Very sad news. Thank you Sinky for making a trip to Parkhead one of the funniest football days ever even though we got beat 5 - 0. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

sad, sad news.

gorgie will be a sadder, quieter place without him.

nothing i can really say but to those who made the last few weeks so special for him, you guys are amazing human beings!

sleep well sinky, i'll raise a wee toast to you at some point tonight

Didnt know Sinky but very sad news for the whole Hearts community

Agree with those who have paid tribute to his friends for making his last few weeks bearable

GC

The Old Tolbooth

I know it was to be expected sooner or later, but it's still very sad news when it actually does happen, what a shit way to start a Sunday.

RIP wee man, you'll still be following us in spirit, of that I'm sure.

I didn't know Sinky personally, but like just about anyone who follows Hearts home and away I knew who he was and it was obvious what a massive HMFC supporter he was. Very sad news.

Its clear from this thread what a popular guy he was and my sympathy is with his many friends.

RIP Sinky.

portobellojambo1

I bumped into Sinky at almost every away match, and often at Tynecastle, but never really knew him other than to say a quick hello to in passing.

My old man died of the same thing a couple of years back, and after being diagnosed the end came relatively quickly. However, in Sinky's case he appears to have kept his chin up throughout and battled on, and a lot of praise should go to both his close friends and all involved with Heart of Midlothian FC, who helped make his last few weeks with us as memorable as possible, I don't think any more could have been done,.

RIP wee man.

Sinky was a rare breed of Hearts supporter.

Heaven's been taking as many Jambos as they possibly can right now.

RIP Wee Man :(

Hans von Luck

As I have posted on facebook many thanks to Callum and all his friends including Hearts FC.

YOU ALL DID HIM PROUD.

God bless you wee man. RIP

Hibs fan here, just told the missus the sad news, she had become quite fond of Sinky as hEr best mate was in the next room to him in the hospice. Sadly she passed away at a young age a few weeks back. Our thoughts are with his family all you guys who took the time and trouble to make his last few months as enjoyable for him as possible.

RIP

PT

Thanks for the kind words.

Ogi fae Gorgie

RIP Sinky, went to visit him in Western then due to my own circumstances couldn't see him again. Its a long fight which he fought well. Gorgie forever.

Sadly I only really knew him through this thread and while it is a sad thread, with a not unexpected but nevertheless extremely sad ending, it is also a very heart warming thread when you see the amount of time and effort people put into making his last few weeks as special as possible. It restores your faith in humankind.

RIP Sinky, one of life's characters and a true Jambo.

Just got off the phone to Callum (Meadows) and he asked me to post a few bits and pieces. He's read some of the messages but was getting quite emotional reading all your kind words so asked me to put all this down for him....

Firstly here is his message for those not pals with him on facebook:

Just to let everyone know, Sinky passed away peacefully in his sleep this morning at 03.23. He has fought a horrible disease and came out on top. He has had so many highs since being diagnosed,had so much love and friendship and tasted the celebrity lifestyle. He was never without a smile in the face of adversity or without a friend. He made many more friends whilst in the Marie Curie with his wit & humour.

RIP Wee Man

Callum tells me that Jim Jefferies, Billy Brown, Lockie, Rudi, Darren Murray and others have all been in touch already to pass on their condolences and to find out when the funeral is. (No details yet but there will be no black, it will be a maroon themed funeral).

He wanted me to pass on how thankful he was and more importantly how thankful Sinky was, to everyone who made his last few days weeks and months special, including but not limited to all the staff and ex-players at HMFC who came to visit and left signed strips and other gifts, those who knew him from the supporters buses/pubs who came to visit, random fans who never knew him personally who sent him cards sweets, magazies etc and not forgetting the staff at the Western General and latterly the hospice.

There will be a memorial evening for Sinky in a year's time. All the memorabelia he collected when players came to visit will be auctioned off with the money being raised going to Marie Curie. (I get the impression this will be a real celebration of his life and a cracking evening will be in store)!

On behalf of all Hearts fans, I managed again to express to him how proud all Hearts fans are of him and Ian and what they did for Sinky.

One final story that sums everything up nicely. His last moments...

Sinky woke up at around midnight last night and asked for a drink and a biscuit before going back to sleep. What kind of biscuits were in his drawer (no doubt brought in by a friend) that ended up being the last thing he ever ate?

A packet of Jam Tarts.

What a legend!

RIP wee man. Kind of apt that the game is off although I'm sure he'd have wanted it on. At least his suffering is over. Thoughts are with his family and friends.

Archived