RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

It looks like Wee Sinky is going to get to the game, he will be in a wheelchair.The ambulance is booked for Sunday morning,a medic will be with him as will the driver and a couple of mates. Thanks go to Clare Cowan of HMFC for arranging all the tickets as well as making the stadium arrangements and parking for the ambulance.We will be in the the Roseburn stand... (unless Sinky gets chucked out :whistling: )

Well done on all your efforts, you've been a proper mate to the wee man.

C'mon Hearts

C'MON SINKY

Nicky x

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Has anyone been down with the old laptop and shown him all these messages of support?

Mibbe he could get Rudi to nip in with one, as the wee man seems to have him at his beck and call anyway. :lol:

Sinky's own personal barman:

73100_154204314621111_100000946316934_238047_334941_n.jpg

73798_154207217954154_100000946316934_238074_6589734_n.jpg

I believe this was a different visit from the other pics of Rudi. He's been down 2-3 times.

That is First Class :thumbsup:

loveofthegame

Sinky's own personal barman:

73100_154204314621111_100000946316934_238047_334941_n.jpg

73798_154207217954154_100000946316934_238074_6589734_n.jpg

I believe this was a different visit from the other pics of Rudi. He's been down 2-3 times.

This is absolutely OUTSTANDING. I thought I couldn't love our club and Rudi any more, but this thread is unbelievable. As i've said before, i've known sinky (albeit not closely) since my very young days on Dickens Hearts. A funnier wee man you couldn't meet, whether he means to or not he's got a nack of making me laugh out loud! Don't give up the fight mate.

Be great to see him at Tynie on Sunday.

Edit: the games sunday, not sat...

gorgie blizzard

I don't post on forums very often but I've got to say I'm blown away by all these pictures!

I don't know Sinky personally however he sits not far away from me in the Wheatfield so I always see him going to and from his seat (I remember him walking up the steps carrying a teddy bear under his arm last season which caused much hilarity!!) - and I'm sure I've seen him getting chucked out an away ground more than once?

He's some character and he is what every football club should have! Always makes us laugh with some of the things he comes out with during a match - which helped during some of the p**h we've had to put up with on the park in recent times!

Anyway - as has been posted before, this is what makes us love and support this club - outstanding, and huge, huge respect out to all who have taken the time and effort to be there for him.

Stick in there ma man ;-)

Remnants of Standards

Don't know the wee BIG man myself, but the best of wishes to him. Hope he enjoys a Hearts win on Sunday.

Well done sinky, you are a true legend not just for being a Hearts fan but showing how to fight and why it's worth fighting. anything someone might unfortunate have, may it be cancer or anything terminal. You sir are the Hero to them. Glad you can make it to the game. Let's hope it's a good one. Take care sinky and Mon the Hearts !

I have lost 2 close uncles and one good mate to this horrible evil disease this year alone whilst my mum (the cousin of the late Bobby Kirk) continues to fight on after 2 courses of radiotherapy.If I have learn't anything throughout it, it is that the individuals suffering react fantasticly to the efforts of people like Rudi, the team and his friends who have arranged his trip to the game. Never, ever underestimate the positive effects that the slightest little bit of good news, the attentions of friends and family will have upon his moral. Never forget, the fantastic efforts of the Hospice staff and, just as importantly, the positive effect which the sentiment relayed within threads such as this have. You can't always beat this monster but it will, colectively have a massively positive effect. So keep it up everyone. I don't know you Sinky mate but stick in there and enjoy your time. Ogi, the very, very best of luck with your treatment as well. Proud as hell to be a Jambo!!!!!!

Teuchterjambo

Don't know you personally wee man but all the best and I hope you have agreat day on Sunday - I'm sure that you will take great stength and encouragment from the great Herst family - the Heart and Soul of Edinburgh indeed - all the best.

Those pics of Rudi with Sinky are great and incredible that he has been more than once to see him. That is sheer class.

Hopefully Sinky's beloved will put on a show for him on Sunday.

Johanes de Silentio

It looks like Wee Sinky is going to get to the game, he will be in a wheelchair.The ambulance is booked for Sunday morning,a medic will be with him as will the driver and a couple of mates. Thanks go to Clare Cowan of HMFC for arranging all the tickets as well as making the stadium arrangements and parking for the ambulance.We will be in the the Roseburn stand... (unless Sinky gets chucked out :whistling: )

Fantastic! :thumbsup:

Be amazing to get Sinky on at half-time, or even just an announcement - great to hear that he's getting along to the game, though!

'mon the Hearts! :thumbsup:

Maiden Gorgie

I used to be a Mill regular before moving hoose, rambled Jambo pish with Sinky many a time and he is a legend. All the very best wee man, enjoy the game. From another wee man!

J.T.F.Robertson

I have lost 2 close uncles and one good mate to this horrible evil disease this year alone whilst my mum (the cousin of the late Bobby Kirk) continues to fight on after 2 courses of radiotherapy.If I have learn't anything throughout it, it is that the individuals suffering react fantasticly to the efforts of people like Rudi, the team and his friends who have arranged his trip to the game. Never, ever underestimate the positive effects that the slightest little bit of good news, the attentions of friends and family will have upon his moral. Never forget, the fantastic efforts of the Hospice staff and, just as importantly, the positive effect which the sentiment relayed within threads such as this have. You can't always beat this monster but it will, colectively have a massively positive effect. So keep it up everyone. I don't know you Sinky mate but stick in there and enjoy your time. Ogi, the very, very best of luck with your treatment as well. Proud as hell to be a Jambo!!!!!!

Ditto, from me.

And as for Rudi, what can you say? Top guy!

I was up at the marie curie seeing Sinky this afternoon. The wee man was in fine form & looking forward to getting to tyne on sat.. As said everythings arranged, even a meet & greet with all the players before the game too, so some good pics will come out of it also. His bed area is turning into something of a hearts shrine with everything he's received plus all the photos too..

Under the circumstances he's holding up well & still a great laugh but he's wheelchair bound now, so here's hoping heats can get that win, Rudi's promised him another goal...

It would be fantastic if Sinky could get introduced at half time, And introduced to the fans. and the chant went up Sinky Sinky Gea Us a Wave. :thumbsup:

my thoughts are with you Sinky chin up, YOU WILL PULL THROUGH. :thumbsup:

He's so humble that he does'nt want that, when we spoke to him about getting his pic took with all the team he said 'a just want ma programme signed'..

typical of not wanting any fuss made over him.. Rudi made his day & wee robbo was great with him too.. We'll see what sat brings, but he's got to have 2 medical people with him at tyne as he's arriving by ambulance in a wheel chair but they'll be at the game with him in case the wee man takes a turn for the worse. Fingers crossed he can see out the whole game & a hearts win..

Here's a wee video i took of him today..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jgedZ7Vr6Qw

I Hope he makes the game, All the best Sinky :thumbsup: can you give the postal address for where he is at id like to send an all the best card to the wee man :thumbsup:

Ditto, from me.

And as for Rudi, what can you say? Top guy!

We were told my son (aged 12) had cancer on the 16th May 2006 a date i am sure you will all remember. In the next 2 and a bit bit years our proud club were great on a number of occasions. with the help of radio lollipop the brought the Scottish Cup in for Louis, Lee wallace arranged a signed shirt for him. At the end of 2008 the club was arranging a presentation before a home match. Before this could be arranged Louis lost his brave fight against this horrible illness in January 2010. Claire Cowan then arranged instead for our younger son to be a mascot. Claire has since supplied me with a signed shirt and match tickets for my fund raising events fot the Teenage Cancer Trust. All these thing help not just Louis to keep his spitits up but our family as well. It proves tha Heart of Midlothian is a great a proud club and is the reason we all love and support this team.

All the best Sinky we all miss you and your Blue Docs at the mail centre, Keep your chin up and keep smiling.

People like you and Louis inspire us all with the way you keep fight on with great dignty and not a complaint.

Guest jambomickey

We were told my son (aged 12) had cancer on the 16th May 2006 a date i am sure you will all remember. In the next 2 and a bit bit years our proud club were great on a number of occasions. with the help of radio lollipop the brought the Scottish Cup in for Louis, Lee wallace arranged a signed shirt for him. At the end of 2008 the club was arranging a presentation before a home match. Before this could be arranged Louis lost his brave fight against this horrible illness in January 2010. Claire Cowan then arranged instead for our younger son to be a mascot. Claire has since supplied me with a signed shirt and match tickets for my fund raising events fot the Teenage Cancer Trust. All these thing help not just Louis to keep his spitits up but our family as well. It proves tha Heart of Midlothian is a great a proud club and is the reason we all love and support this team.

All the best Sinky we all miss you and your Blue Docs at the mail centre, Keep your chin up and keep smiling.

People like you and Louis inspire us all with the way you keep fight on with great dignty and not a complaint.

sorry to hear about your son mate, it's at times like this when we realise life is too short to hold grudges.

Really puts everything into perspective, best of look sinky & I hope you make it to the game on Sunday & have a great time! All the best. ?

Sure Can Matey, here you go..

Sinclair (Sinky) Pentland

C/o Marie Curie

Frogston Road West

Edinburgh

EH10 7DR

Thanks for that ill get a card tomorrow to send to him :thumbsup:

two wonderful pics rite there chief

well done for posting em up

Just copied them from facebook mate!

All the credit goes to Meadows and all the guys who have been going to see him.

Johanes de Silentio

He's so humble that he does'nt want that, when we spoke to him about getting his pic took with all the team he said 'a just want ma programme signed'..

typical of not wanting any fuss made over him.. Rudi made his day & wee robbo was great with him too.. We'll see what sat brings, but he's got to have 2 medical people with him at tyne as he's arriving by ambulance in a wheel chair but they'll be at the game with him in case the wee man takes a turn for the worse. Fingers crossed he can see out the whole game & a hearts win..

Brilliant, mate! :thumbsup:

Fair enough if he doesnae want a fuss, but could the kickback massive manage a wee "Sinky-Sinky" chant? Any of big Henry's chant's would fit - would be awesome, imo!

Does he have a DVD player in there?

I've got all the games from this season on sky+ and I could burn him a disc.

He does Beats an would love a rerun of all games,am goin in with him on derby day so easy access to live stream would be great if someone can advise,cheers

He does Beats an would love a rerun of all games,am goin in with him on derby day so easy access to live stream would be great if someone can advise,cheers

I'll burn a disc and get it off to him in the post tomorrow :thumbsup:

Geoff Kilpatrick

Good luck to him. Someone should drop a line to Sky Sports to even cut to him in the stand during the game.

Every picture makes the thread even more amazing, well done Rudi, Hearts & of course Calum, Binning etc who have done so so much for the wee man.

The mail centre most definitely ain't the same without you!

I'd like to point out that Sinky is celebrating his 48th birthday on Thursday 4th November.we have booked the large lounge in the hospice from 3pm-8pm for a wee party. Everyone of his friends is invited along,even if only for 20 or 30 minutes.The lounge holds a 100 people so as many that can make it the better.we are having music,beer,wine,buffet,hearts dvd's etc.a few of the players and staff from Hearts are also popping in,and hopefully Sinky's personal barman!!

If any posters can ensure his mates at Royal mail know,pass the word guys and lets fill the room!!

If any posters can ensure his mates at Royal mail know,pass the word guys and lets fill the room!!

Will do Callum, will ensure a poster goes up on noticeboard etc.

Will see if the "faither in law" will pop along also ;-)

Don't know the guy personally, but its great to see friends, family and the club rally round him.

Hopefully he'll enjoy his day on Sunday and the team will do the business on the park for him.

I'd like to point out that Sinky is celebrating his 48th birthday on Thursday 4th November.we have booked the large lounge in the hospice from 3pm-8pm for a wee party. Everyone of his friends is invited along,even if only for 20 or 30 minutes.The lounge holds a 100 people so as many that can make it the better.we are having music,beer,wine,buffet,hearts dvd's etc.a few of the players and staff from Hearts are also popping in,and hopefully Sinky's personal barman!!

I will be getting over my fears and attending this shindig.

A very touching and heart warming thread about a true Jambo.

"Best wishes Sinky".

Hope the boys do a few first class deliveries on the pitch

for you on Sunday, and you get back to good health ASAP. :thumbsup:

i'm gonna try and pop over but having been off work all week with this freakin cold, i might not come over if i think its still lingering.

hope the wee man has a great time at the game and his birthday party is bound to be a bit of a riot!

Seymour M Hersh

Amazing support shown by everyone on this thread and credit to the club. They probably get numerous requests for personal appearances but have really stepped up to the plate for the Sinkmeister. :thumbsup:

I clicked on the video to see what the latest news on the wee guy was, it was made even more poignant hearing the hearts song played along side the clip as it's me thats singing, it brought a lump to my throat

Sinky was a fixture in the Wheatsheaf years back and was always as everyone on here has said, the life and soul of any Hearts inspired sing song in the pub.

Hope you make it to the game and I hope Rudi bags another couple of crackers just for you!

Cheers

bigsuperslim1874

Like many on here, don't know Sinky personally but have seen him at many an away game.

Again, good to see so many rallying round one of our own.

All the best Sinky and enjoy tomorrows game. :thumbsup:

I clicked on the video to see what the latest news on the wee guy was, it was made even more poignant hearing the hearts song played along side the clip as it's me thats singing, it brought a lump to my throat

Sinky was a fixture in the Wheatsheaf years back and was always as everyone on here has said, the life and soul of any Hearts inspired sing song in the pub.

Hope you make it to the game and I hope Rudi bags another couple of crackers just for you!

Cheers

well said Colin !

I Posted a card to the legend that is Sinky yesterday :thumbsup: we need to have a chant in order with the Henry Henry song tomorrow, :thumbsup:

Just got txt to say Sinky is currently being put in the ambulance en route to meet the players before the game.

Great effort evryone who arranged it, Hope the sink has a fantastic day :thumbsup:

Just got txt to say Sinky is currently being put in the ambulance en route to meet the players before the game.

Great effort evryone who arranged it, Hope the sink has a fantastic day :thumbsup:

All the best to you sinky have a great day.

It should be noted that it is only 1035hrs and he is liable to a bit on the early side. I am sure however that HMFC will take good care of him

maroonlegions

Will pass it on to the boys at the Dell Delivery Office.

Archived