RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

maroonlegions

All the best wee man, hope you get better.I know from speaking to some of the posties at my delivery office,(DELL D.O.), that they wish you all the best mate as you used to work there,i think Sinky left just before i started working there.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was told last night that Gary Mackay was also there the other day. Also, he is too shy (Sinky, shy) to be brought onto the pitch at a game....but folk are still trying to convince him!!

Gary visited a couple of weeks ago and game him a radio. He may have been back since.

If Sinky does make it to the Killie game it will be a very special day for him. There are a lot of people trying to make it happen, but ultimately it will depend on the doctors...

Hope the "big" wee man is keeping up his fighting spirit, Daz fae work said he enjoyed the dvd :rolleyes: you gave him the last time you were in and hopes to get up to see you soon. all the family are thinking of you Sinky and send their best wishes !!!!!

If anyone ever wanted to know why football is important, here it is on this thread. Because it brings people together and gives them hope.

Get well soon Sinky; and good luck. :thumbsup:

Miller Jambo 60

I'd like to pass a message fromm Sinky. He has been genuinely humbled by all the attention,visitors,cards and messages of goodwill.He honestly cant believe so many people care about him.These photo's are printed with Sinky's blessing,(orders) and he hopes everyone enjoys seeing them.

Everyone from Jefferies,lockie,Clare Cowan,the staff at Marie Curie,myself and several other mates are doing our utmost to get him to the Kilmarnock game next saturday.rudi has promised him a goal if he makes it to the game....here's hoping. :thumbsup:

The wee man is a jambo through and through.

All the wee guys luv him and me.

A legend of a fan.

Dougstar.

I never knew that I knew who Sinky was until those photos went up - seen him at many an away game giving it some great patter. Cracking pictures as well, especially that one with Rudi. :lol:

All the best for the lad, hope he makes the Killie game. Good to see the club trying to look after one of our own as well. :thumbsup:

Knew of Sinky because of his comedy exploits as a fan. Met him when he came into my work, and he was always a good laugh and loved winding us up, as well as us winding him up, normally related to his footwear. Anyway, cracking to see all the pics of his visitors. All the best wee man and lets hope to see you at the Killie game!

It was funny on Saturday when a couple of young guys came up to find his seat in the wheatfield touched where his name is written and gave it the 'not worthy' stuff then just wandered off again! Superb

It was funny on Saturday when a couple of young guys came up to find his seat in the wheatfield touched where his name is written and gave it the 'not worthy' stuff then just wandered off again! Superb

I've seen many awe-struck yoofs act in a similar manner when in the vicinity of your seat. :whistling:

wee sinky is 1 of a kind pure diehard jambo eat hearts sleep hearts and not forgetting wee sinkys hobby drink hearts lol u can win this battle wee man u got the whole hearts support and of course the whole hearts team right beside u all the way.

Dougie Masterton

Sinky had another visitor today.Gilles Rousset went in with Gary MacKay to see the wee man before returning to France. Nice touch.

Said it already on this thread but wish Sinky all the best. Known him from many away trips with Hearts over the years and always brought a smile with his Jambo antics.

If he's at the Marie Curie, then i have visited there when my father was there and can say that the staff are absolutely fantastic. Please donate to the wee woman who frequents pubs in Gorgie/town on matchdays fund-raising for MC Fairmilehead as it really is a great cause.

PS. Hope they allow him to get to the Killie game and get him on at half time. :thumbsup:

J.T.F.Robertson

Said it already on this thread but wish Sinky all the best. Known him from many away trips with Hearts over the years and always brought a smile with his Jambo antics.

If he's at the Marie Curie, then i have visited there when my father was there and can say that the staff are absolutely fantastic. Please donate to the wee woman who frequents pubs in Gorgie/town on matchdays fund-raising for MC Fairmilehead as it really is a great cause.

PS. Hope they allow him to get to the Killie game and get him on at half time. :thumbsup:

Was at a soul "do" fundraiser at the Corn Exchange, the Saturday before coming back here a couple of weeks ago. Good night ...... great cause!

Miller Jambo 60

I've seen many awe-struck yoofs act in a similar manner when in the vicinity of your seat. :whistling:

Thing is bud, there are fans and fans, he is our statement for the wordsa true gorgie boy.

Dougstar.

Gavsy Van Gaverson

Was at a soul "do" fundraiser at the Corn Exchange, the Saturday before coming back here a couple of weeks ago. Good night ...... great cause!

I was also there.

I am friends with the family that organised it. They did a great job and raised around 12k.

Brings a lump to the throat to see how many people from the club and around the club have gone to see how he's doing.

Sinky deserves it after all the energy he's put into supporting the club, but there are plenty of footballers who wouldn't bother.

Well done to the club, Gary M, Robbo & all.

J.T.F.Robertson

I was also there.

I am friends with the family that organised it. They did a great job and raised around 12k.

They certainly had a great turnout.

I was the guy barrelling up to the dancefloor every time they played a Northern tune, in an effort to make an erse of myself. :rolleyes:

Nelly Terraces

Tear to a glass eye number this. The photos with Rudi etc are top drawer. Hold in there wee fella. A Bigger MAN of a Hearts fan it'd be hard to find.

Just read the post saying big Gilles popped in before heading back to France. That shows the blokes class. A total legend.

Message to HMFC 1st team, wrap it up the hobos at the swamp and do it for Sinks. The geezer would be made up with that.

Tear to a glass eye number this. The photos with Rudi etc are top drawer. Hold in there wee fella. A Bigger MAN of a Hearts fan it'd be hard to find.

Just read the post saying big Gilles popped in before heading back to France. That shows the blokes class. A total legend.

Message to HMFC 1st team, wrap it up the hobos at the swamp and do it for Sinks. The geezer would be made up with that.

:thumbsup:

Spot on about Gilles anaw. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. When I worked at the Sainsbury's in Blackhall, he used to come in a fair bit. I was outside pushing trolleys one time, freezing cold day, and got a tap on the shoulder. Big Gilles had seen me and gone out of his way to walk across the car park to see how I was doing. I'd only spoken to the guy twice, but he still took the time. Gentleman.

Sinky Sinky

Sinky Sinky

Should be shouted out at halftime

If the wee man is there let him do

The half time draw

Allways mind seein him along

Gorgie singing drunk with the

His Coloured dr martins on

:thumbsup:

Spot on about Gilles anaw. One of the nicest guys I've ever had the pleasure of meeting. When I worked at the Sainsbury's in Blackhall, he used to come in a fair bit. I was outside pushing trolleys one time, freezing cold day, and got a tap on the shoulder. Big Gilles had seen me and gone out of his way to walk across the car park to see how I was doing. I'd only spoken to the guy twice, but he still took the time. Gentleman.

Similar.

When i was a young pup playing at being Jimmy from Quadrophenia and delivering stuff round the West End, Big Giles always used to let onto me in Alva Street (where he stayed i think) whenever i was passing him. Him and his family were absolute diamonds.

In the age of playboy superstar footballers it warms the heart that a lot of players have been into see the wee man, especially the foreign guys. That is a true mark of class and one that will not be forgotten here.

Keep on keeping on Sinky wee man.

This thread really makes you proud to be a Jambo with all the good will being shown by fans and also by the players, staff at the club and even former players.

Hope he manages to beat the disease and can fight the good fight alongside us once more :thumbsup:

I don't know Sinky personally but have known who he is for a very long number of years.

I would like to wish him all the best and hope he can get to the game this weekend and many more

in the future.

Never met Sinky, but it's absolutely brilliant to see all the staff etc visiting him. I'm sure it has lifted his spirits no end. Good luck in fighting this horrible disease, Sinky. Be magic to see him get to the Killie game!

Lynn :ninja:

It looks like Wee Sinky is going to get to the game, he will be in a wheelchair.The ambulance is booked for Sunday morning,a medic will be with him as will the driver and a couple of mates. Thanks go to Clare Cowan of HMFC for arranging all the tickets as well as making the stadium arrangements and parking for the ambulance.We will be in the the Roseburn stand... (unless Sinky gets chucked out :whistling: )

It looks like Wee Sinky is going to get to the game, he will be in a wheelchair.The ambulance is booked for Sunday morning,a medic will be with him as will the driver and a couple of mates. Thanks go to Clare Cowan of HMFC for arranging all the tickets as well as making the stadium arrangements and parking for the ambulance.We will be in the the Roseburn stand... (unless Sinky gets chucked out :whistling: )

Great news.

Despite people knocking the club from all angles, HMFC have excelled here.

Seymour M Hersh

Great news. We'd better win one for the Sinky!

Great news.

Despite people knocking the club from all angles, HMFC have excelled here.

To be honest BB, I tip my cap more to certain individuals for making this happen. Not knocking the club in anyway, more acknowledgeing certain folks (2 in particular) who have worked hard since day 1 with the wee man. Round of applause to all involved though

I?d say 9/10 threads on here turn into slag fests and personal vendettas.

This thread brings a teer to a glass eye (apart from a certain poster and his inappropriate remarks earlier on)

Well done to the Hearts family (close and extended)

Proud to be part of the family

And stick in there wee man!

The Treasurer

It certainly wouldn't be the first time laugh.gif

I can't think of anything that would boost him more than a good Hearts win

Well done HMFC and everyone involved in this.

Now, what do you think JJ may say to the players in the pre match team talk. Do it for Sinky?

To be honest BB, I tip my cap more to certain individuals for making this happen. Not knocking the club in anyway, more acknowledgeing certain folks (2 in particular) who have worked hard since day 1 with the wee man. Round of applause to all involved though

Yup, the clubs outstanding efforts have been exceeded by Meadows and friends who have been like his family ever since he was diagnosed.

I can't wait to see him there on Saturday.

Great news. We'd better win one for the Sinky!

Rudi has promised him a goal.

Put your house on a Hearts win and Rudi to score at any time.

Ogi fae Gorgie

Great news Meadows. I will not be able to see him before this as I am in getting my stem cell transplant and will be in for 4-5 weeks isolation. Tell him I am sorry I never got down again but it was just the way things went for me. Keep his spirits up as there always something else Docs can do, there is always a light, coloured maroon of course. Give him my regards.OFG.

The Future's Maroon

Top stuff, the wee guy will be over the moon...and no doubt the reception he gets will bring a tear to many eyes in the stadium - not just his.

Stick in there Sinky, the guys in The Mill/Locarno are itching to see you back in for a pint and a sing song!!

Sinky's own personal barman:

73100_154204314621111_100000946316934_238047_334941_n.jpg

73798_154207217954154_100000946316934_238074_6589734_n.jpg

I believe this was a different visit from the other pics of Rudi. He's been down 2-3 times.

Goldstone Wonder

Great news Meadows. I will not be able to see him before this as I am in getting my stem cell transplant and will be in for 4-5 weeks isolation. Tell him I am sorry I never got down again but it was just the way things went for me. Keep his spirits up as there always something else Docs can do, there is always a light, coloured maroon of course. Give him my regards.OFG.

Good luck with this mate, and to Sinky on Sunday.

Chad Sexington

I believe this was a different visit from the other pics of Rudi. He's been down 2-3 times.

HAHAHA :lol:

That's brilliant.

Well done to Rudi for going back to see the wee man as well. :thumbsup:

Wow - great pictures!

thats just brilliant news. i'm sure it'll do him a power of good to get to the game.

amazing what some people will do for others, so much kudos to all involved with everything that they've done to keep sinkys spirits up. you guys are just amazing friends and i'm sure he knows it!

Archived