RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

For those who may know the wee guy and have been asking about him recently. There is a bit of bad news about him. He's currently in the Western General Hospital battling cancer of the stomach and spine. I am sure many of you would like to pass on your best wishes to a true Hearts fan of many a year.

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not good news. I know some people might not like his views but I don't think anyone can argue that he's not a decent character. Hope he get's better soon.

I heard this very sad news when I got home yesterday.

Sincerely hope the news that it's terminal is premature.

Chad Sexington

Horrible news.

Used to work alongside the wee man many moons ago.

He's a real character. Sincerest best wishes for his recovery.

marshallschunkychicken

That's horrific, hope he gets better soon.

You can always tell when he is about at halftime in the Wheatfield, despite the fact that he is a head shorter than everyone around him.

Guest GhostHunter

Oh jesus.

That horrific news...get well soon wee man - never ever forget your escapades through in the Rangers pub before the Celtic game....

Comes into my work every so often, and always game for a laugh and takes it as well as he gives it, all the best wee man!

Bad news. A real Jambo who I've known for many years.

Last man out at the wee cup celebrations if I remember correctly.

Here's hoping wee man..

I'm sure Lockie knows wee Sinky, as someone else has said, I reckon a few first teamers visiting him would make the wee mans day.

All the best Sinky ya wee radge.

Terrible News.

Sinky is hilarious. Can recall many times he has made me laugh at away games with his stupidity/genius :lol:

Very sorry to hear this news. Football in general and Heart of Midlothian FC in particular need characters like Sinky. I sincerely hope he can beat this.

Growing up in Gorgie, a Saturday night wasnt the same without Sinky stoating along gorgie wrecked singing hearts song's! The mans a legend i truely hope he gets well soon.

Sad news about the wee man. Has given us a right few good laughs over the years at home and abroad

Best of luck Sinky

just been to see him, the bad news first: As Speedbump says,he has cancer of the stomach that has spread to his spine.the pressure on his spine means he is confined to bed as he cant walk.He is currently getting fairly intensive radiotherapy pending a biopsy to determine how virilant the cancer is.The prognosis will be clearer then.

On a positive side , he is remarkably cheery and in good spirits. He wishes he was in the hospital at Little France he said,so he could get duty free !!! :lol:

I took him some Hearts T shirts and a goody bag of sweets,crisps,juice and buffalo Bills book.He also had yesterdays Sunday Sport sprawled over his bed!! :thumbsup

Sinky has no family,we are his Jambo family.The visiting is open from 2pm till 8pm,im sure he would appreciate any visits to pass the time as he is "bored oot his paps".Manyy only know him as Sinky, his real name is Sinclair Pentland .

Cmon Wee Sinky Beat this ******* of a Disease!! Pretty sure you made Every Jambo fans Majorca trip one of the funniest ever!!! get well soon wee man!

Can't imagine there are too many Jambos who wouldn't recognise Sinky. He's some character.

All the very best to him and much luck in beating the disease. Gorgie needs you Sinky, get better soon. :)

Cmon Wee Sinky Beat this ******* of a Disease!! Pretty sure you made Every Jambo fans Majorca trip one of the funniest ever!!! get well soon wee man!

Whoa there you didn't have to share a room with him! I did :lol: :lol:

Wee Sinky sits just along form me in the Wheatfield. Hope he has a full recovery and is back bouncing away at Tynie soon.

I remember leaving Dens park a few years ago and wee sinky ,clad with his black leather jacket, was stumbling away in front of me. Next thing you know he cracks out "gimme an H...A...E..." Was classic Sinky! Had a few of us in stiches!! :thumbsup:

It was his street carry on that made the trip mate. Wee Fella is a legend/genius!!!

I recall seeing his really wee weeman, when he was hanging from the lamp post.

Archived