RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Horrible news. I didn't know Sinky personally, but feel like I got to know him through this thread. RIP wee man. And kudos to all the guys who looked after him these last few months, and all at HMFC who took the time to visit him. I have never been more proud to be a jambo in all my life!

RIP Sinky...a special little 'big' man.

Like many on here, I didn't know him to speak to but certainly knew who he was from seeing him at games all the time. Very sad news.

R.I.P Sinky

Sad news.

I'll always remember that day at Ibrox with you trying to get your leg over the wall as we tried to get back to the bus after they moved it. Brilliant stuff. There'll be many a landlady and landlord in Gorgie who like me will have many memories of you and you'll be missed!

RIP Sinky and sleep well xx

PS Well done to Callum, Ian and all the guys who helped make his last days here good ones and to Heart Of Midlothian FC who have been superb in acknowledging a lifelong fan. Makes you proud to be one of us.

Not quite sure what to say here.

Sinky was a man who even on the dullest of days was able to be a very bright ray of sunshine to anyone within his company.

RIP wee man

RIP Wee man.

Condolences to his family and much respect to his wonderful friends who made his last days so memorable.

He will have died a happy man. Hearts still on an unbeaten run, players and staff giving up their time for him.

Will be sadly missed.

I never had the joy of knowing Sinky personally.. but the amount and nature of replys on this thread really sum him up.

I'm pretty sure nobody would have a bad word to say about him.

Respect to his friends who made the remainder of his life as enjoyable as he deserved.

RIP sinky.

That is very sad news which puts everything else into perspective.

A fighter to the end, latest photos always showed him with a smile and his courage was an inspiration to every hearts fan.

I am sure he will be looking down cheering the Jambo's for ever more.

May God watch over him and may he rest in peace.

J.T.F.Robertson

I'm not long up here (7 hours behind) and this is lousy news to begin the day, although, for the man himself, I suppose at least his suffering is done.

Big C's post brought a few tears for me, not the "biscuits" thing, just the general sadness of it all.

Once again (and I know it was no chore to them) but my respect to all who made the wee guy's last days as bright as was possible and who were his family, to the end.

Jim

Never knew Sinky but have heard some of the stories on here. RIP wee man, may you rest in peace, my thoughts are with those who will miss you most....

Must've been about 10years ago when I was standing at the pub up the road from Tannadice & had my first Sinky Experience, my hearings never been the same, but my linguistic style has definitely improved.

RIP Wee Man.

a huge thanks to ian binning and callum anderson for being with the weeman at the end,you done wee sinky proud.

My thoughts exactly. 2 top Jambos! RIP Sinky. Can anyone remember when his photo was in the programme when he was the mascot? Would be nice to post on here.

Destruction Derby

R.I.P Sinky, This might be a stupid suggestion/thought but with the first team and all other Hearts members or staff being aware of Sinky and also with the news of him passing away do you think they might wear Black Armbands against Rangers as a mark of respect for the wee man?

Tragic News.

You were the epitome of what a Hearts fan should be and you will be sadly missed.

Rest in Peace Sinky.

blondejamtart

Very sad news indeed - RIP Sinky. Just want to add though, that I'm very proud of the way everyone involved with the club and so many of the fans pulled together to help make his last days that wee bit brighter.Things like this which make you even prouder to be a Jambo, and I'm sure everything which was done was at least a small comfort to Sinky and his family.

Archived