RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

There can be no doubt that this club and its supporters are the greatest in the world bar none. As most people have said it just makes you burst with pride about our club and to Meadows Speedbump and the rest of Sinkys friends you truly are the most fantastic mates ever. So a massive well done to yous too.

Hopefuly we can pump that shower of shite the morn and keep the wee man smiling!!!

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There can be no doubt that this club and its supporters are the greatest in the world bar none. As most people have said it just makes you burst with pride about our club and to Meadows Speedbump and the rest of Sinkys friends you truly are the most fantastic mates ever. So a massive well done to yous too.

Hopefuly we can pump that shower of shite the morn and keep the wee man smiling!!!

What he said!

a was in visiting sinky when the young guy ogleby brought the matchball in to the weeman,tremendous touch.just hope rudi is up with the matchball tomorrow night,now that would cheer the weeguy up, he is in great spirit considering what he is going through.legend of a man the way he has handled himself throughout his illness.

I am so impressed & so proud of all the Jambos who have gone out of their way to make Sinky more comfortable in this, the most difficult of times.

Never met the man, but seen/heard him loads of times!

A 100% Jambo. One of us.

He has been so unfortunate to be ill with Cancer, but so lucky to have so many caring friends.

Best wishes.

My heart is skipping a beat, my eyes trickle a tear, the legend that is SINKY we all hold dear,

The old castle roar, the gorgie boyz, a games not the same if we cant hear the SINKY Noize.

Take care Sinky :thumbsup: .

Hopw the hospital has sky sports or he will have his ear to the radio.

FTH for Sinky..

This, absolutely spot on. thumbsup.gif This derby victory today, will be for you and your fight 'wee man'. av-1001.gifI raise my glass too you. beer.gif

I'll be bawling like a bairn if we do this lot today! C'mon lads! Let's rip these tossers a new one today!

FOR SINKY!

Lynn :ninja:

Hopw the hospital has sky sports or he will have his ear to the radio.

FTH for Sinky..

were taking skysports (and a case o lager) to his room,on our way wee man FTH.

Hope you enjoyed today Sinky

Was even better than expected,managed to get the nurses to open the bottom room that the wee man had party in so he could go for a smoke,beer,bacardi an champagne at final whistle,fantastic the sink loved it.

Well done HMFC,just wish I could upload the pics an videos!

i hope sinky's really lapping it up right now. have a good night wee man, safe in the knowledge that hearts rule the capital.

i hope sinky's really lapping it up right now. have a good night wee man, safe in the knowledge that hearts rule the capital.

Couldn't have put it better Vic :thumbsup:

Well said mate. I'm sure he'll have been delighted to see them put in their place.

All the best Sinky and hope you'll be able to celebrate a lot more victories against that shower thumbsup.gif

Was even better than expected,managed to get the nurses to open the bottom room that the wee man had party in so he could go for a smoke,beer,bacardi an champagne at final whistle,fantastic the sink loved it.

Well done HMFC,just wish I could upload the pics an videos!

Tremendous mate.Brilliant to stuff the wee team again but even better that Sinky has a huge smile on his face.

Sinky I hope you thoroughly enjoy today as a top notch "jambo fan " and as you fight on in beating that evil wee disease, a fan of Edinburghs No. 1 team deserves to be in fine fettle , and totallty upbeat after todays result . KEEP UP THE FIGHT WEE MAN , YOU`RE GOING TO WIN. :thumbsup:

Gorgie tonight at about 11 will be a quieter place without Sinky stoating home, singing the Hearts songs at full pelt. hope you enjoyed the game pal . GORGIE ROOLS

I've never met Sinky but recognise him from away games over the last few years. I'm really sorry to hear what he is going through.

The massive response from his many friends among the Hearts support and the club itself as reported on this thread is truly amazing and genuinely moving - it really does show how strong the Heart of Midlothian community is. I've no doubt the players will be delighted to have got the result today for Sinky.

Tremendous mate.Brilliant to stuff the wee team again but even better that Sinky has a huge smile on his face.

Was superb mate to be there with him at this time,a big thanks to Ross B for the fantastic uninterruppted lead and again to the magnificent staff at the Marie Curie for their patience and letting us into the lounge which usually closed for wknds,do apologise for loud singing and occasional swear words! (was sinky not me!) Hope you had a great day wee man,we did x

Miller Jambo 60

Indeed, Lynn - hope today's great result gives the wee man a much-needed boost!

Oh pal hope the wee man gets a boost

Don't know sinky but followed this tread closely over the last few weeks. Great work by hearts & all the fans/friends etc. Really hope the victory gave you a boost today sinky, makes you proud to support the mighty jam tarts. All the best Sinky!!!

Miller Jambo 60

Two birthdays in the space of a week.

Enjoy Sinky.

Thing is bb had a 16 year old telling me live life, im lost for words

The U19s paid tribute to Sinky today by displaying a message on their tee shirts. Rob Ogleby (below) scored a hat trick for you today Sinky, in a 4-0 win over Dundee Utd in the Youth Cup.

IMG_2356.jpg

just seen this tonight

Absolutely different class!!!

Big respect to Rob and all the boys in the U19's

J.T.F.Robertson

Was superb mate to be there with him at this time,a big thanks to Ross B for the fantastic uninterruppted lead and again to the magnificent staff at the Marie Curie for their patience and letting us into the lounge which usually closed for wknds,do apologise for loud singing and occasional swear words! (was sinky not me!) Hope you had a great day wee man,we did x

It humbles you when you witness the work these people do. If capitalism genuinely rewarded those most worthy, it would be they would be the millionaires and not (for the most part) the superficial and avaricious arseholes it actually does revere.

I wouldn't qualify either.

Arthur Morgan

I'm so glad Sinky got to see the game today, that was for you mate :thumbsup:

I'm sure he would have been so proud today and it's a very nice memory for the wee man.

I don't know Sinky personally but he has obviously done a hell of a lot right over the many years he has supported Hearts both home and abroad to receive the support from the fans players coaching staff and everyone else involved with Hearts,it's what makes this club so great.Keep up the fight Sinky there are many more days like yesterdays still to come for you.

Geoff Kilpatrick

Great stuff! Here's to the next one on New Year's Day Sinky, and another celebration for you! :toasting:

Nelly Terraces

just seen this tonight

Absolutely different class!!!

Big respect to Rob and all the boys in the U19's

Thats a real nice touch. Hope the wee fella enjoyed yesterday.

I don't know Sinky but with all these messages to him it makes me so proud to be a Jambo. I'll bet he feels proud too. :thumbsup:

Yesterday's result has bound to have made him feel better. :thumbsup:

Popped in to see the wee man last night along with big Broughy. Sinky was in great form and I cannot believe how positive he is attack this horrible illness. The wee man is an inspiration to all.

Hopefully tonight's result will perk him up even more!

Not only does Sinky deserve it, but all his pals do as well!

Well done to everyone who is helping to keep his spirits up.

I almost feel like I'm jumping on some sort of band wagon here, however- everyone I've spoken to has known Sinky in some way, and I know for sure that somewhere in my past Sinky and either me or my father will have crossed paths. Tonight was excellent, and exactly the type of night people like Sinky deserve. There are a lot of people who are at Tynecastle every week, and away grounds several times a season who devote more of themselves to HMFC than most who comment on these boards regularly including me and I'm in an excellent mood tonight.

Nice one HMFC, nice one Skacel, nice one Jefferies,Brown, the Hearts first team, Ogleby, Locke and EVERYONE who has commented here.

It is for precisely nights like this, and to be associated with people like Sinky and those who have commented here that I am proud to be a Jambo.

I'm so happy tonight, and I sincerely hope Mr Sinclair is too.

FTH

I almost feel like I'm jumping on some sort of band wagon here, however- everyone I've spoken to has known Sinky in some way, and I know for sure that somewhere in my past Sinky and either me or my father will have crossed paths. Tonight was excellent, and exactly the type of night people like Sinky deserve. There are a lot of people who are at Tynecastle every week, and away grounds several times a season who devote more of themselves to HMFC than most who comment on these boards regularly including me and I'm in an excellent mood tonight.

Nice one HMFC, nice one Skacel, nice one Jefferies,Brown, the Hearts first team, Ogleby, Locke and EVERYONE who has commented here.

It is for precisely nights like this, and to be associated with people like Sinky and those who have commented here that I am proud to be a Jambo.

I'm so happy tonight, and I sincerely hope Mr Sinclair is too.

FTH

I really hope he got to see it,

Miller Jambo 60

Not only does Sinky deserve it, but all his pals do as well!

Well done to everyone who is helping to keep his spirits up.

Life is hard and the wee man has been given the hardest hand, dont really know wot to say apart we are all thinkin of you.

Doug.

Here's is an update for everyone about Sinky, He had deterioriated over the last week,from the Sunday to Friday.His strength & energy were low,his infection and general pain high.

However,since introducing stricter visiting (no visitors before 2pm) more sleep / rest and eating little and often he is, getting better day on day.He has had so many highs recently with his day out at Tynecastle,his birthday party,beating Hibs,Celtic,St J etc coupled with his visits from various friends,workmates,jambo's ,et al that some lows were inevitable.

He is now concentrating on building his strength and has the following 'Targets'.

1. He is getting an afternoon out ,to go for a bar lunch and a pint.

2. He is going to go to the hearts U19s V Hibs in the Youth Cup on 05th December.

3.We are having a Xmas party at the hospice (date to be confirmed )provisionally 10/12/10

His humour & spirit are undiminished and his fave saying is still F.T.H.

Johanes de Silentio

Here's is an update for everyone about Sinky, He had deterioriated over the last week,from the Sunday to Friday.His strength & energy were low,his infection and general pain high.

However,since introducing stricter visiting (no visitors before 2pm) more sleep / rest and eating little and often he is, getting better day on day.He has had so many highs recently with his day out at Tynecastle,his birthday party,beating Hibs,Celtic,St J etc coupled with his visits from various friends,workmates,jambo's ,et al that some lows were inevitable.

He is now concentrating on building his strength and has the following 'Targets'.

1. He is getting an afternoon out ,to go for a bar lunch and a pint.

2. He is going to go to the hearts U19s V Hibs in the Youth Cup on 05th December.

3.We are having a Xmas party at the hospice (date to be confirmed )provisionally 10/12/10

His humour & spirit are undiminished and his fave saying is still F.T.H.

Thank for the update - Sinky is a lucky man to have such good pals! :thumbsup:

Archived