RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

The Future's Maroon

I was speaking to a few guys in the local (The Mill) yesterday about the guy, a few of them actually Hibs fans, and everyone is really hoping he has a great day out.

Just read back through a few pages of this thread and it does bring a lump to the throat and tear to the eye.

C'mon the JT's do this one for the wee man :thumbsup:

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fair enough if he doesnae want a fuss, but could the kickback massive manage a wee "Sinky-Sinky" chant? Any of big Henry's chant's would fit - would be awesome, imo!

Or 'Sinky, Sinky geez a wave'

Konrad von Carstein

I don't know Sinky personally (my Sis does) but I know who he is....and I have to say that looking at that picture brought a lump to my throat.

Best wishes to "the wee man" and well done to all involved in making today possible for him.

Guest jambomickey

seen him after the final whistle, was brilliant to see him back where he loves being and doing what he loves doing! seeing the wee man today just brought home that life really is too short to make enemies,

Great pic of Sinky with the team.

The team look very relaxed and so does Sinky. :thumbsup: .

Instead of CHEESE or SMILE....Sinky's shout was **** the Hibs...lol

Guest juvehearts

aye thats sinky

quality

he better get better, he owes me a vodka lol

juve

Guest jambomickey

doesn't surprise me :lol: , good on you for arranging to get him out for the game calum! hopefully he'll get to more gives. :thumbsup:

saw sinky as I was leaving the gorgie, good to see him back at tynie. Well done to all sinkys friends and hearts for arranging it all.

That's the Sinky I know :thumbsup: .

Hearts through and through., :thumbsup:

This is what the wee man is known for.

Hang in there mate :thumbsup:

Stevie...It' in Fairmilehead..if you are coming via the by-pass,take the Hillend exit, head to the lights at Frogston Rd and turn right,it's less than a mile down on the right hand side (blue fence) Phone me if you are unsure mate.

BTW...Check Thursday's Evening News for a wee bit on Sinky :thumbsup:

Stevie...It' in Fairmilehead..if you are coming via the by-pass,take the Hillend exit, head to the lights at Frogston Rd and turn right,it's less than a mile down on the right hand side (blue fence) Phone me if you are unsure mate.

BTW...Check Thursday's Evening News for a wee bit on Sinky :thumbsup:

Nice one mate,see you tomorrow.

Miller Jambo 60

aye thats sinky

quality

he better get better, he owes me a vodka lol

juve

Played Ian the guy breathes hearts, wish i could help him, Doug

How is the wee man getting on?

What happened with the biopsy?

It proved to be inoperable. The cancer had spread too much.

He's in a hospice and has lots of great mates around him visiting regularly and keeping his spirits up.

If you know him I'd srtongly encourge you to get to his Birthday bash.

I don't know Sinky very well, and sadly, I'll not be back in Edinburgh until Sunday morning.

Could The General pass my regards to him please?

Sinky = True Hearts man.

Will do Eck,visited him yesterday and for the first time he had a bit of a petted lip- the reason being due to an emergency in his ward he wasn't getting out for a fag! We managed to negociate with the usual helpful nurses and wheeled his bed out to the gardens,next thing he is hyper and meaadows is trying to show him how to blow smoke rings:-) but it's true they BOTH smoke like girls!

From todays E.E.N.

HE WAS there in the Seventies to watch Hearts beat Airdrie in the Texaco Cup, shivering on the windswept Broomfield terraces, still at primary school, at his first away match - but hooked for life.

Sinclair "Sinky" Pentland stuck with his team through relegation and promotion, through the Wallace Mercer years and Save Our Hearts, when results were dire and relegation stung.

He stayed while managers like Joe Jordan, Sandy Clarke and Tommy McLean came and went, players pledged allegiance then vanished within weeks and the Gorgie Road stadium finally fell into foreign hands. And through it all he would nearly always mark the final whistle by staggering home, belting out Hearts songs at the top of his voice. :lol:

Indeed Sinky became such a fixture at Tynecastle - largely thanks to a quirky knack for getting himself into various madcap situations that involved being thrown out of rival clubs' grounds :thumbsup: - that he became the fans' adopted "fan" with his own terracing chant, far too rude to reveal here.

Now, though, his place in Tynecastle's Wheatfield Stand, Section D, Row 24, Seat 1 - "Handy for the pie shop and the toilets if I've had a bit too much to drink," he grins - sits empty.

Sinky, terracing veteran of many a desperate Jambo battle and fevered celebration, is embroiled in his own courageous off-pitch fight, stricken with cancer, and now lying in a hospice bed.

This weekend one of the biggest derby games to be played at Easter Road in recent history will kick off in front of an anticipated 20,400 fans :whistling: and, for once, Sinky won't be there. But if he can't get to the game, Tynecastle has rallied round to take at least a flavour of Gorgie Road spirit to him . . .

In a remarkable and unprecedented show of support for one of their most dedicated fans, Hearts players present and past, management and key backroom staff have acknowledged his devotion to their club by paying a series of emotional and surprise visits to his hospice bed.

Among them, Rudy Sk?cel who left his signed number 19 shirt and, in a video message to the fan filmed moments after he scored a hat-trick against St Mirren in his Hearts return match, told him: "I told you I'd score a goal for you - instead, I scored three."

Management duo Jim Jefferies and Billy Brown, coach Gary Locke and fans' favourites Gary MacKay, Giles Rousset, and John Robertson have all made private visits to his hospice bed.

Legend !!

Yip, Happy Birthday Sinky...Don't know him to speak to but I sat in Section E Row 24 seat 25 for 7 seasons, sinky sat in the aisle on the other side, 4 seats away, used to love his Blue DM's :thumbsup: His Red Kickers were a bit :blink: ..All the Best Wee Man and hopefully we can **** the Hobos on Sunday for you!! :thumbsup:

scottish_chicP

I only know him, like many others, from in and around Gorgie on match day but it's very sad. Anyway Happy Birthday Sinky and I hope we can get a great result for you on Sunday!

Happy birthday Sinky. :thumbsup:

Good to see the support Sinky has received from everyone at hearts all the way to the fans on kickback!

Great stuff, this is what it's all about been a Hearts fan! :thumbsup:

All the best Sinky!! :thumbsup:

blondejamtart

Best wishes to Sinky, both for his birthday and his cancer battle, and I hope the lads can give him a birthday to remember by thrashing the Hibees on Sunday! It is a truly heart-warming story (pun fully intended!) though, in the way that everyone has rallied round, from fellow fans to the club and the players. Makes you even prouder to be a Jambo!

1williegibson

jambo legend. i shared a room with him on my first away trip to paris. we had to share a double in a fleapit of a hotel. we arsed a cheap bottle of wine (we didnt know it was for cooking ). sick as parrots (at least it was marroon).

i had to drag him out of a huge fountain near the eiffel tower when he decided to go for a swim. we took part in a massive game of fitba under the eiffel tower. saw you regularly at away games over the years wee man and always great to see you.

mon the hearts

Miller Jambo 60

I only know him, like many others, from in and around Gorgie on match day but it's very sad. Anyway Happy Birthday Sinky and I hope we can get a great result for you on Sunday!

Know the wee man from away games, like me shouts all the time, be strong , Happy birthday bud

Dougstar

maroonlegions

Happy Birthday Sinky, all the best wee man.I seen you after a east of Scotland shield game at fester road once in which we one 1-0,(Webster goal), you where at the top of fester road waving a Hearts flag and giving it louday. I also met you once in the Grays Mill with a postie you knew from my work, it was fitting because we had just beaten the hobos. :thumbsup:

:birthday:

Best wishes to Sinky, both for his birthday and his cancer battle, and I hope the lads can give him a birthday to remember by thrashing the Hibees on Sunday! It is a truly heart-warming story (pun fully intended!) though, in the way that everyone has rallied round, from fellow fans to the club and the players. Makes you even prouder to be a Jambo!

Don't think I could put it any better.

Happy Birthday Sinky, and FTH :thumb.

Archived