RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Creepy Lurker

R.I.P. I wasn't hugely close to Sinky, but you couldn't help but love the wee guy. One of a kind who'll never be forgotten.

Rollercoaster

I previously work in a bank and one day an appointment was in my diary for Mr Sinclair Pentland. Well, nearly fell off my seat when the wee man appeared. Like so many, I knew his face but didn't know the name.

Anyway the bank were keen for us to get as many people as possible to updagrade their accounts and therefore after a good long chat about the Jambos I started talking about the super duper new account he could have. After listening to my waffle he said "look mate as long as I've got enough for a pint and to watch the Jambos on a Saturday, I'm not really bothered about anything else".

Sinky was Mr Hearts and I am delighted that he saw his team chalk up four straight victories, especially Hibs and Celtic, before he was taken. The pain for his friends now begins but, more importantly, his pain is over.

RIP wee man.

cheeseypleasey

sad news RIP sinky ,

my dad recently retired from the post office was a work collegue of his ,

i always rembember the shout sinky for chairman!at fir park ,nice guy and hearts daft

Arthur Morgan

Condolences to all his friends and family.

I never met the guy but always seen him at the away games, he always had a smile on his face and was a great Hearts man.

This is a big loss to the Hearts family.

RIP Sinky.

RIP Wee man, didn't know you personnaly but massively touched by the support of all the support from this thread. Thoughts now are with his family and, as someone who has lost too many friends and family to this horrible disease, well done to everyone on this forum who were behind him through these dark dark days. Is there a Shed in heaven? If so, see you there wee man and give Cruicky all my best!!

R.I.P Sinky, This might be a stupid suggestion/thought but with the first team and all other Hearts members or staff being aware of Sinky and also with the news of him passing away do you think they might wear Black Armbands against Rangers as a mark of respect for the wee man?

Not a stupid suggestion at all. I think the players and staff will be as gutted as anyone when they hear this news. Seems like Rudi had been to see him a few times, so wouldn't surprise me if he's got something planned for his next goal celebration.

The club have been excellent with Sinky up to this point. Black armbands, dare I say it a minutes applause would not be deemed out of sorts for someone who clearly gave us much to the club as any player did.

I'm sure the club will do something. Certainly a couple of weeks to suggest something to the club for the Aberdeen game.

Broomie Hearts

R.i.p sinky totally gutted, member you from robbos or coming back from easter road you were singing on the bus, couldn't meet a bigger jambo than wee sinky!! had a heart of gold aswell always up for a laugh and a singing song!! i member my fav song ' dont you wish your boyfriend was hot like me' and your wee dance touching your hair haha!!

gorgie wont be the same without you sinky!! so glad you got to see the jambos beating celtic and hibs!!

look down on us wee man and keep gorgie shinning!!

forever in our HEARTS

bobi xxx

god sinky what a guy i still remember the first time i met him when i was only 18 and thought what a nutter, not a bad bone in the wee mans body always went out his way to help anyone even after seeing the jambos lose a game he always put a smile back on our faces 1 pure gent.

r.i.p wee man u will be belting the hearts song out up there.

can anyone mail me when the funeral arrangments are sorted and let me know if its private as would love to pay last respects to sinky our m8 and pure hearts legend.

The Future's Maroon

Sad news indeed, knew Sinky personally and he will be missed, top man and top Jambo.

amershamjambo

Didn't know Sinky but I feel a great affinity to him and his life. I've been a Jambo for over 50 years, brought up in Portbello, moved to Clermiston, then to Dalkeith. Old man from Stenhouse, his grandad lived in Gorgie and was a Jambo. I have always followed Hearts and had good friends who I went to matches with, a few years in the 70's we never missed a match home or away.

Thirty years ago I left Edinburgh and unfortunately the opportunities to watch Hearts where less frequent. I'm still a Jambo with Hearts and their history bred into me and every opportunity I get I return to Edinburgh and fit a game in, have two daughters and they lover the Jambo's and get p*ssed off when I won't take them to watch us beating Celtic.

Sinky was an Edinburgh and Hearts man who supported the team and club to the full.

A ramble from me - getting to the point Sinky was a Jambo born and bred never left Edinburg and never let the club down in his support, he was there in thick and thin - what a proud man he must have been when his support was returned by players. friends and fans alike for his undying and total commitment to HMFC. Your friends did you proud and I know the team you spent your life following for many years, will truely miss you.

A salute to a Hearts legend, no more to say but FTH and Gorgie Rules and always will.

I spent tonight rereading the whole thread with a tear in my eye and a smile on my face.

RIP wee man.

RIP wee sinky,you will be missed by us all.

If one good thing has come from his illness,it has once again proven we are a family club who look after our own,which makes me very proud to be a Jambo.

just been going over the thread myself,reflecting on what went on over the last few weeks since the weeman found about his terminal illness,i never heard him complain about anything,not once,i went in to visit him yesterday,am so glad i did,he was always so grateful for everyone that went into see him,just guts me to think a wont see the wee fella again,his only fear was dying alone,and thanks to ian and callum that never happened,a wee man in build but a giant of a man with the way he coped with his illness.you wont be forgotten weeman.

We Can But Worry

Such a sad day even although we all knew it would come sooner rather than later. I sat the seat behind him in the Wheatfield since the stand was built in '94. 16 years of delight - even when the game was poor, Sinky was always starting songs alone, his favourite was "One Salvatori, there's only one Salvatori" which he was still singing last season!

I visited him only the once before his birthday party to take him a few souvenirs from vegas as well as attending his party. I did however speak to him on the mobile just after the Easter Road victory on Como's fone and he was having a great time, saying the champagne was about to be uncorked after watching the game with some close Hearts friends on a laptop!

I really hope Hearts retire his seat, Wheatfield D, Row 24, Seat 1 as it would be a brilliant gesture to the legend himself.

Sinky - You're name will live on at Tynecastle forever!

Very sad news. RIP Sinky. :(

I would like to say hats off to everyone associated with the club who took time out to visit him and make his last days comforted by your company. Well done to you all. :thumbsup:

big c

that message just tipped me over the edge and made me cry! but i laughed hard when you mentioned the biscuits. sums him up i reckon

I was the same Bev, I was trying to read the message out to John and then started crying.

RIP Sinky. x

Ive never met sinky, but followed this thread on the wee man closely over the past couple of months. To say I never knew the guy personally, I've been really touched to hear of his passing away today. Reading through all the messages on here bring a tear & also a smile to the face. Hearts & all the family & friends who made his last few weeks very enjoyable deserve major credit!

Sinky you are a gorgie legend!!!

R.I.P Wee man xx

Absolutly gutted today, RIP wee man. Shared many away days with him over the last 5 years and am so thankful to have known him.

Nicky x

MR INCREDIBLE

RIP Sinky.....Sat on the bus with you all the way to Majorca (great memories)

Now all the other Jambos up there have got someone to start their sing-songs (we will miss you pal)

Never knew sinky but from the posts on here and the acknowledgement he has recieved, he seems like he was a great guy and will be dearly missed by everyone who knew him.

R.I.P. Sinky.

Howdy Doody Jambo

R.I.P - Sinky

He is one man that is going to live on at Tynecastle for years to come , a real 12th man to the team if there ever was one

So sad that he has gone so young

Gorgie will miss you

Good to see a few official tributes suggested, surely the bottom half should be taken out the wee mans seat to ensure nobody can sit there again!

Would also be good to have a fans minute of applause at half time at the Aberdeen match! I'm sure Scott could easily pull that one off.

Again, RIP Wee Man!

So glad he got to watch the Hibs getting pumped one last time.

RIP Sinky, & best wishes to all those who took the time to be with him in his last weeks/months.

You are a credit to yourselves.

I only met you a few times Sinky but to say you made some first impression would be the understatement of the century. Gorgie has lost one of its most memorable and colourful characters and Hearts one of their most loyal supporters. Sounds like he faced his illness with unbelievable dignity and in most other circumstances I'd be reluctant to say too much about the effect of football on peoples' lives when they're dealing with terminal illness but I have no doubt whatsoever that it was Hearts, the club, the players, the management and his fellow fans that made the difference to him in his last few months. And his friends...well...just unbelievable...I'm overwhelmed by how amazing the Hearts community is...they certainly didn't let Sinky down when he most needed it.

RIP Sinky.

boy_in_maroon

Really going to miss the wee man at work.

He made the backshift a good laugh.

Will always remember him for wearing his

Chelsea strip and the shiniest pair of

Blue DM's iv'e ever seen.

R.I.P Sinky

Archived