RIP wee Sinky

speedbump

• Replies 961
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lets do the wee man proud on saturday he would have loved to be there singing at the top of his voice

sinky theres only 1 sinky theres only 1 sinky

The Future's Maroon

A small update, I bumped into a good friend of Sinky's (and his now Guardian) on his way back from seeing him today (I have a feeling he is a member on here, but don't know his username). He was in a meeting with the Doc's but they were completly ignorant and didnt really tell him much and practically ignored him...Dr prixs)

He is expecting the results tomorrow, also a chance they are going to get him a wheelchair so he can get about. Still in his usual 'Sinky' high spirits.

Hope the wee 'BIG' guy keeps fighting this :thumbsup:

He is expecting the results tomorrow, also a chance they are going to get him a wheelchair so he can get about. Still in his usual 'Sinky' high spirits.

Hope the wee 'BIG' guy keeps fighting this :thumbsup:

I have this crazy vision of Sinky rolling up and down the aisle of the Wheatfield in a wheelchair now ! :lol:

All the best wee man :thumbsup:

lets do the wee man proud on saturday he would have loved to be there singing at the top of his voice

sinky theres only 1 sinky theres only 1 sinky

Would be class if the stadium announcer could organise a Sinky, Sinky, Sinky chant to cheer the lad up.

Would be class if the stadium announcer could organise a Sinky, Sinky, Sinky chant to cheer the lad up.

does anyone have any contacts at hearts that maybe do a shout out for sinky

The Future's Maroon

I asked someone too, and the club are aware and are trying to sort something out. :thumbsup:

If it's any comfort to the folks on here undergoing treatment, this time last year I would have been in Ward 8 at the Western getting treatment .... tomorrow I'm going to Tynecastle. Stick in and best of luck.

The Future's Maroon

If it's any comfort to the folks on here undergoing treatment, this time last year I would have been in Ward 8 at the Western getting treatment .... tomorrow I'm going to Tynecastle. Stick in and best of luck.

Good to hear :thumbsup:

Chad Sexington

Nice one. :thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon

Sinky has still not had his results from the biopsy yet, he does have a wheelchair now so can at least get about while in hospital :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

Sinky has still not had his results from the biopsy yet, he does have a wheelchair now so can at least get about while in hospital :thumbsup:

heard that he had a wheelchair now, he'll be buzzing about the wheatfield in it soon i'll bet.

Johanes de Silentio

Good on you, mate! :thumbsup:

he is only allowed to use his wheelchair for 30/40 minutes a day at the moment as his ankles are swelling up. However , he now has his plan to get back to normality as soon as possible,his first target will be to attend a home game in the very near future.Hopefully the chemotherapy will be kind to him enabling his visit to tynecastle to be sooner,anyone think we should get him pitchside at half-time?

Johanes de Silentio

Would be awesome! :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

he is only allowed to use his wheelchair for 30/40 minutes a day at the moment as his ankles are swelling up. However , he now has his plan to get back to normality as soon as possible,his first target will be to attend a home game in the very near future.Hopefully the chemotherapy will be kind to him enabling his visit to tynecastle to be sooner,anyone think we should get him pitchside at half-time?

yes, sure he'd get a fantastic reception from the hearts support.

I seen this thread for a while on the board and just thought it was the wee man up to high jinx again.

Totally shocked when i read it tonight.

All the best wee man and hopefully a speedy recovery.

Sinky Sinky give us a song !!

.Legend

Any updates on Sinkys biopsy?

Sure Meadows could maybe could confirm but a couple of guys went to see him on Friday and they said all they can do for Sinky is reduce the swelling of the cancer on his spine so it isnt as painful and dont think the biopsy was all good news, not wishing to speculate, just passing on what I was told.

Be great to get him to Tynie or at a Hearts game in the near future.

:thumbsup:

Sure Meadows could maybe could confirm but a couple of guys went to see him on Friday and they said all they can do for Sinky is reduce the swelling of the cancer on his spine so it isnt as painful and dont think the biopsy was all good news, not wishing to speculate, just passing on what I was told.

Looking forward to seeing him pitch side at Tynie and seeing him getting a cracking ovation by the Hearts fans.

Heard the same from a friend of Meadows yesterday.

Seems it's inoperable as it's on his spine, but they think the treatment should be able to give him a reasonable quality of life for a while at least.

He's still got plenty of games in him yet!

• 2 weeks later...
ExPatHeartsman

Heard he is now in the hospice

Rudi was in to see him on Thursday...

Photo's on facebook, it's a cracker :thumbsup:

You clearly don't have cyber-friends in high enough places :whistling:

obviously not.

Going to post it then..?

Heard the same from a friend of Meadows yesterday.

Seems it's inoperable as it's on his spine, but they think the treatment should be able to give him a reasonable quality of life for a while at least.

He's still got plenty of games in him yet!

Really gutted to hear this.

When I went through my own treatments I met a number of people who were going through similar diagnosis as Sinky. What surprised me was that they all were the most positive cheerful people I met. A terrible disease but strangely the adversity seems to bring out an inner strength in those most seriously affected, I hope this is the case in this man whom I have never met.

When I went through my own treatments I met a number of people who were going through similar diagnosis as Sinky. What surprised me was that they all were the most positive cheerful people I met. A terrible disease but strangely the adversity seems to bring out an inner strength in those most seriously affected, I hope this is the case in this man whom I have never met.

As you've never met him I'd just like to say the phrase "lives for hearts" is no exaggeration as far as sinky is concerned. Got to know him a few years ago but never really kept in touch. Just hope he gets a fair bit of time. Cracking wee guy.

He got a visit today from Jim Jefferies, Billy Brown and later in the evening, John Robertson who had him in stiches.

He's got a camera at his bed and everyone who visits gets a photo taken with him. The photos are then printed out and put in his album which he looks at 2-3 times a day and it really cheers him up.

A huge amount of credit goes to all the guys who have visited him and looked after him and tried to cheer him up.

Here's Andy Driver with one of the nurses:

73322_152888288086047_100000946316934_232033_3188607_n.jpg

I don't know Sinky well but travelled on the bus with him a lot...

I got all the info today from Meadows as we played golf together and I thought everyone would want an update.

Sounds like the players and management are doing a smashing job of lifting his spirits. I'm sure it makes a world of difference to him right now. Great stuff. :thumbsup:

EDIT: Just had a wee chuckle when I saw his reading material....Kenny Dalglish and serial killers???

71648_153161384725404_100000946316934_233161_4139252_n.jpg

Great to see Sinky getting visits like this. The wee man deserves it.

On another topic, I see Rudi has got the Hearts wristband back out again!!

Chad Sexington

The club have been absolutely tremendous with all these visits from staff and players.

Hopefully it's keeping the wee mans spirits up.

Great stuff. :thumbsup:

Guest jambomickey

The club have been absolutely tremendous with all these visits from staff and players.

Hopefully it's keeping the wee mans spirits up.

Great stuff. :thumbsup:

ditto, it would be great if something was organised where he could be a guest of the club for a home game and bring him out onto the pitch at half time.

I'd like to pass a message fromm Sinky. He has been genuinely humbled by all the attention,visitors,cards and messages of goodwill.He honestly cant believe so many people care about him.These photo's are printed with Sinky's blessing,(orders) and he hopes everyone enjoys seeing them.

Everyone from Jefferies,lockie,Clare Cowan,the staff at Marie Curie,myself and several other mates are doing our utmost to get him to the Kilmarnock game next saturday.rudi has promised him a goal if he makes it to the game....here's hoping. :thumbsup:

The Future's Maroon

I was told last night that Gary Mackay was also there the other day. Also, he is too shy (Sinky, shy) to be brought onto the pitch at a game....but folk are still trying to convince him!!

RoussetsShorts

I don't know Sinky personally but remember one occasion at Parkhead where he was in top top form entertaining all around him and generally being a great supporter.

All the best to him and he must be getting a real lift from all the club visits.

Dig in 'wee man', sorry they spoiled the photographs by putting these 'ugly bassas' beside you, they are only there 'wee man' because they love you, keep fighting. just like your beloved 'Heart of Midlothian. av-1001.gifav-1001.gifav-1001.gif

J.T.F.Robertson

It's enough to bring tears to your eyes.

I don't know Sinky, personally (although I did catch him in the Mill one time) but I can only wish the best for him.

Archived