Vampires

Dandyman

BoJack Horseman

Just a quick thought...

Does the first vampire die only if he feeds on the fruiter? Or does he also die if he is part of the mob that lynches him?

If it's the latter, would it be beneficial if the fruiter sacraficed himself? Told us who he was and we all agree to vote him (or her, I guess). Thus, if anyone refuses to vote for them we can see they are the first vamp, or if we all do vote for him then the first vamp dies too, seriously weakening the goons who have yet to recruit.

Just a thought.

• Replies 756
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geoff Kilpatrick

Priest to recruit this go, so tread carefully.

Ahem. Has Geoff just outed himself with this comment?

For those who have either voted or have me on their goon list, you are way off the mark, I'm just a plain old townie.

Yes I have not been on much, but I'm in the middle of moving to a new place, it was going to be this weekend but due to late paperwork I'm not moving until next weekend.

I would also add that if I did have a role would I deliberatley (sp) miss a vote.

Would you not think that I would be more active.

I doubt I will post till after the game as the sun is shining and I have a pint infront of me whilst sitting in the BMC beer garden

Quote:

My take on it is that the priest has to be careful that they pick the right person who can help us win

There has been a few posts from earlier in the game that has me wondering about a few folk and any roles they have, I will wait till I'm home and on the laptop to double check them

Geoff Kilpatrick
Care to explain this point Geoff?

Explain what? We want the priest to recruit another townie to close the net.

OK Geoff, still think you're a goon otherwise you wouldn't be targeting me for nothing. I guess with your eagerness we'll just have to wait for your friends to pile on.

Targeting me is good if you're a goon.

I feel I can trust several players but they may not be able to trust in return yet, unfortunately that does not include you. I'll be keeping my eye on you still.

Hold on there. It ruled her out of being a goon. Not you. It could easily be a clever double bluff by yourself, playing on your old rivalry with yvonne to lure her into trusting you.

Just my two cents, but knowing your game, If you were a goon, I could quite easily see you making Yvonne vote for yourself to remove any suspicions.

given i've barely been online, its highly unlikely to be honest, buti see your point

although she did say she didn't think i was bad, and she tends to be a pretty astute player.

nope, i have no role this game which if anyone knows my play, can probably verify i tend to be quieter during games where i have no role. i get kinda bored not being as involved

BoJack Horseman
alba powers only come into effect at night so good idea but not worthwhile

interesting that you want them to reveal themself though

Ok, maybe that was a non-starter then.

To be fair, the fruiter is essentially a glorified townie, who at some point in the game is going to die and hopefully take out a goon. I thought it would be better to force that outcome into play before the goons recruit, bringing them down to two players.

given i've barely been online, its highly unlikely to be honest, buti see your point

although she did say she didn't think i was bad, and she tends to be a pretty astute player.

nope, i have no role this game which if anyone knows my play, can probably verify i tend to be quieter during games where i have no role. i get kinda bored not being as involved

That was my point though. She voted you then said she didn't think you were bad to get the point across that she had been forced to vote for you. Not because she actually believed you to be good.

However much I believe you to be innocent, I'm just trying to point out that this is as likely a scenario as any.

Seeing there's no match, might as well keep myself busy looking through this

i probably would put my goon list down as arnold, scotland and one from pompey baj or harris

Think it's a decent list anyway.

Went for Arnold yesterday and there's been nothing yet since then to change my mind that he could be a goon. Interesting that the last Harris post, he went for THAITB and mentioned that he felt Arnold wasn't a bad one.

Difficult to tell with Baj, could be deliberately quiet or finding it difficult to get into the game.

That's Martin and therealmackay off the list. Down to six. Stay with Arnold for now.

Geoff why are you so keen to get folk off your goon list purely because they spout better pish than other players?

we can't rule anybody out yet, I'd also like people to pick better reasons for their votes and at least explain it

at the moment it appears the reason for voting Arnold is because thaitb was a townie

if I was a goon this game I'd be pishing myself

BoJack Horseman
Geoff why are you so keen to get folk off your goon list purely because they spout better pish than other players?

we can't rule anybody out yet, I'd also like people to pick better reasons for their votes and at least explain it

at the moment it appears the reason for voting Arnold is because thaitb was a townie

Well we can rule out you and Deek...

To be fair we've been damn lucky that the goons haven't been able to recruit yet and should have taken full advantage of that. Yet we seem to be knocking off our own.

Malky, I had to vote for THAITB because at the time I was in the lead thanks to some goonly voting. Once I levelled it up, I lost a couple of votes which made it obvious that THAITB was a townie. I did not remove my vote in case it was levelled up again and felt it would be better for the town if I survived.

Malky, I had to vote for THAITB because at the time I was in the lead thanks to some goonly voting. Once I levelled it up, I lost a couple of votes which made it obvious that THAITB was a townie. I did not remove my vote in case it was levelled up again and felt it would be better for the town if I survived.

don't blame you, not 100% certain you are a goon or not but it happens every game, two people are close together at a lynch with no idea why they are there, unsurprisingly one is a townie so it is instantly decided that the other must be a goon

Well we can rule out you and Deek...

To be fair we've been damn lucky that the goons haven't been able to recruit yet and should have taken full advantage of that. Yet we seem to be knocking off our own.

They could have recruited last night. Perhaps they tried to recruit Malky but he blocked them.

BoJack Horseman
They could have recruited last night. Perhaps they tried to recruit Malky but he blocked them.

That's what I meant. Maybe I should have said we have been lucky that they haven't successfully recruited yet.

Quote:

So there is still 3 goons and one HP recruit to make 4?

I can assure you I'm not a goon just like you Malky...A plain townie trying to win the game.

I also don't think that Martin is bad either. The town has a good chance of winning here if we make the correct decision. People seem to be suspicious of me for very little reason, Geoff especially. Therefore, my suspiscions are naturally turning towards him as I think he has a role and more than likely a bad one.

I feel I can trust a few people but won't post a list as it may provide clues for the goons.

BoJack Horseman
I can assure you I'm not a goon just like you Malky...A plain townie trying to win the game.

I also don't think that Martin is bad either. The town has a good chance of winning here if we make the correct decision. People seem to be suspicious of me for very little reason, Geoff especially. Therefore, my suspiscions are naturally turning towards him as I think he has a role and more than likely a bad one.

I feel I can trust a few people but won't post a list as it may provide clues for the goons.

I think if you're paying any attention to this game you'd know that Geoff is not a goon. Trying to point the finger at him is making you seem goonlier than ever.

I'll stick to my vote from last night on this one.

Vote Arnold

I think if you're paying any attention to this game you'd know that Geoff is not a goon. Trying to point the finger at him is making you seem goonlier than ever.

I'll stick to my vote from last night on this one.

Vote Arnold

Alba, please explain the reasons for Geoff not being a goon?

BoJack Horseman
Alba, please explain the reasons for Geoff not being a goon?

I suggest a quick glance at his posts. Don't want to make it too easy for the vamps.

i would have my goon list from the following posters

arnold

scotland

harris

baj

i have had to re-read a few posts to ensure im not getting confused with some posts.

vote arnold

BoJack Horseman
Vote Commander Harris

Playing an odd game here Deek. If I wasn't positive of your role I'd have you pinned as a goon.

Why CH, apart from his quietness?

Playing an odd game here Deek. If I wasn't positive of your role I'd have you pinned as a goon.

Why CH, apart from his quietness?

I have my reasons.

I suggest a quick glance at his posts. Don't want to make it too easy for the vamps.

HAHAHA. What a laugh..There seems, to me, to be a concerted effort to make out that my posts are suspicious in some way.

Geoff has given no reason to vote me and neither has anyone else, other than looking at my posts whilst wasted following the Scotland game. If I'm lynched I suspect mock upset from some of those that have voted for me.

I think I'll give a list of people who I think are not bad;

Malky (obviously)

Deek (obviously)

Martin

Baj

Other than that, I don't know. If you're a goon you'll be happy to keep the pressure on me as it will give you a better chance of winning.

I'm not going to vote as deadline is tomorrow, but I will be keeping an eye on proceedings.

BoJack Horseman
HAHAHA. What a laugh..There seems, to me, to be a concerted effort to make out that my posts are suspicious in some way.

Geoff has given no reason to vote me and neither has anyone else, other than looking at my posts whilst wasted following the Scotland game. If I'm lynched I suspect mock upset from some of those that have voted for me.

I think I'll give a list of people who I think are not bad;

Malky (obviously)

Deek (obviously)

Martin

Baj

Other than that, I don't know. If you're a goon you'll be happy to keep the pressure on me as it will give you a better chance of winning.

I'm not going to vote as deadline is tomorrow, but I will be keeping an eye on proceedings.

My point was purely that to me it seems that Geoff is clearly claiming a role. Obviously you musn't be savey to such claims otherwise you wouldn't be pointing the finger at him.

Can I ask why Martin and Baj? I agree with you. I'm just curious to your reasons.

Going through It just seems to get more and more confusing.

I know I've fallen into the trap of being a low poster again, had a lot on my mind.

Currently my goon list is

Csaba Wabba

Martin

Commander Harris

Based on a few things.

Vote : Csaba Wabba

Subject to change.

Going through It just seems to get more and more confusing.

I know I've fallen into the trap of being a low poster again, had a lot on my mind.

Currently my goon list is

Csaba Wabba

Martin

Commander Harris

Based on a few things.

Vote : Csaba Wabba

Subject to change.

yawn. Right Martin and Harris let's get him in the night and make sure that he pays....

Right, I'm back.

Well, TBH, last night wasn't great. The pile-on felt a little goonish IMO.

In order of votes for THAITB:

Beverley

Scotland

Baj

CH

Arnold

So, with that, I will vote for:

vote Arnold

My point was purely that to me it seems that Geoff is clearly claiming a role. Obviously you musn't be savey to such claims otherwise you wouldn't be pointing the finger at him.

Can I ask why Martin and Baj? I agree with you. I'm just curious to your reasons.

Which role do you think he's claiming? High Priest, Cop or Fruiter?

You can ask, however like those that have voted for me, I won't give reasons and I see no reason why this response will increase the suspicion.

If you're a townie Alba, I think you may be being led a merry dance, if not then you'll know what you're doing.

Scotland,why was last night not great? Ok we lost a townie but the goons failed to recruit which leaves us townies in a good position, also if the cop investigated someone it could be better. I gave the reason for voting THAITB as a self-preserving one. Now there is a pile-on me, therefore, I think a goon or two has voted for me.

Their determination and exuberance astounds me, almost as if they want it over tonight....

What possible reason does anyone have for voting me?

Other than following Geoff who's 'claiming' to be roled. It is a massive mistake if you're a townie.

BoJack Horseman

You can ask, however like those that have voted for me, I won't give reasons and I see no reason why this response will increase the suspicion.

If you're a townie Alba, I think you may be being led a merry dance, if not then you'll know what you're doing.

Scotland,why was last night not great? Ok we lost a townie but the goons failed to recruit which leaves us townies in a good position, also if the cop investigated someone it could be better. I gave the reason for voting THAITB as a self-preserving one. Now there is a pile-on me, therefore, I think a goon or two has voted for me.

Their determination and exuberance astounds me, almost as if they want it over tonight....

Other than following Geoff who's 'claiming' to be roled. It is a massive mistake if you're a townie.

Right, well people seemed to want it spelled out. Geoff is claiming to be the Cop. Sorry if that gets you killed Geoff. I'll back it up with his posts if you like?

Due to that I'm inclined to trust his judgement, however by the sounds of things he's only managed to investigate good players.

I'm also aware that if he's investigated you and you've come out bad, the information could be skewed due to vlads bride or whatever.

I'm feeling I should believe you but if I take my vote off you now it will look like a goon back peddling, so I won't.

We lost a townie, yes, but it was a townie who can usually help quite a bit with speculation.

I will unvote you, after reading through last nights 'voting post', I have realised that it was for, as you say, self-preservation. Next on that list, is CH, so....

unvote arnold

vote Comander Harris

Right, well people seemed to want it spelled out. Geoff is claiming to be the Cop. Sorry if that gets you killed Geoff. I'll back it up with his posts if you like?

Due to that I'm inclined to trust his judgement, however by the sounds of things he's only managed to investigate good players.

I'm also aware that if he's investigated you and you've come out bad, the information could be skewed due to vlads bride or whatever.

I'm feeling I should believe you but if I take my vote off you now it will look like a goon back peddling, so I won't.

What posts?

Alba, if you're a townie you should remove your vote.

Deadline is 2000hrs tomorrow.

BoJack Horseman
Right, lunchtime, so let's see what we know.

Boof was Mr Hyde as well as Mr Scenario. I think the goons targeted him simply because he's a good player and seems to analyse (or over-analyse) every game. It would also suggest that the goons are relatively experienced.

Online at announcement time were Arnold and me (me because I'm 9 hours ahead and Arnold because he's half cut :laugh:). Were the goons necessarily that curious that they needed to see what happened there and then or were quite content to go to their coffins, safe in the knowledge that they didn't care who Boof was? I'm doubting that they were.

In addition, they obviously didn't go for Boof on Night 1 otherwise he would have gone to the dark side. The priest vs Vlad thing though on Night 1 may need to come out soon though to help us.

I also think the goons probably went on a pre-meditated manoeuvre for Boof and probably avoided voting for him, given that no one had a clue who was who.

Malky and Harris voted for Boof. Harris's seemed to be in response for Boof voting for him. Again, two experienced players, and suspicion will automatically fall on them but I don't necessarily think they have anything to be guilty about.

With that in mind, and nothing more than a hunch after Csaba's wibble wobble voting towards night, I'm going to vote yvonnejambo for now and see what happens.

Right

From this list, I have

INNOCENT - Deek, Malky, Bev, Yvonne and me

So,

Harris - Very quiet, suspected by Malky, voted for Boof - otherwise no real incriminating evidence

Csaba - All over the place as usual

THAITB - Suspected by some, but not seeing why. More innocent than guilty at the mo

Albannach - Playing the game, no reason to suspect him

Baj - Extremely quiet, unusual for a newbie, particularly in a game like this. Suspicious

Therealmackay - Back in the game now, which is good. Piled on for understandable reasons like myself so my suspicions of him are reduced.

Pompey - No vote Day1 and no real justification but I tend to err away from that as goonly

Arnold - Popping in and out to say hello to keep his post count up and saying not much else. Suspicious

Martin - Very quiet and flying under the radar. He's good at this when he's a goon

Scotland - Nothing suspect

Lasith - Would probably have done something suspect by now

So if I had to pick 3 goons out of that it would be Baj, Arnold and Martin

In no real order, vote bajthejambo

FFS, can't people read! I said Yvonne was innocent.

Anyway, well played the priest and the doc!

The first post is from a couple of nights ago. What he says isn't important, it's who he votes. That being yvonne.

The next night yvonne miraculously makes it on to Geoffs 'innocent' list. Along with two players we know to be innocent, himself and bev.

I'd take from that that he investigated Bev on night one, as most people normally would, and Yvonne on night 2.

The third post is right after Yvonnes lynch. He's clearly trying to get the point across that he knew for a fact she was innocent. The only way he'd know that is if he was the cop.

Sorry if that gets you killed Geoff.

No need to insist that I change my vote Arnold. If I feel that I've got it placed wrongly then I'll change it. We've got a while before the deadline.

The first post is from a couple of nights ago. What he says isn't important, it's who he votes. That being yvonne.

The next night yvonne miraculously makes it on to Geoffs 'innocent' list. Along with two players we know to be innocent, himself and bev.

I'd take from that that he investigated Bev on night one, as most people normally would, and Yvonne on night 2.

The third post is right after Yvonnes lynch. He's clearly trying to get the point across that he knew for a fact she was innocent. The only way he'd know that is if he was the cop.

No need to insist that I change my vote Arnold. If I feel that I've got it placed wrongly then I'll change it. We've got a while before the deadline.

Online at announcement time were Arnold and me (me because I'm 9 hours ahead and Arnold because he's half cut ). Were the goons necessarily that curious that they needed to see what happened there and then or were quite content to go to their coffins, safe in the knowledge that they didn't care who Boof was? I'm doubting that they were.

From here, to now being a Geoff definite in a few posts. I'm tempted goons but I won't....

Alba use your brain. Unless you're a goon.

BoJack Horseman
Online at announcement time were Arnold and me (me because I'm 9 hours ahead and Arnold because he's half cut ). Were the goons necessarily that curious that they needed to see what happened there and then or were quite content to go to their coffins, safe in the knowledge that they didn't care who Boof was? I'm doubting that they were.

From here, to now being a Geoff definite in a few posts. I'm tempted goons but I won't....

Alba use your brain. Unless you're a goon.

Can you repeat that? Can't really understand what you're getting at.

I've said before that I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. However I don't have much else to go on so I'm leaving my vote on you for now. No doubt that will change between now and 8pm tomorrow though.

Can you repeat that? Can't really understand what you're getting at.

I've said before that I'm willing to give you the benefit of the doubt. However I don't have much else to go on so I'm leaving my vote on you for now. No doubt that will change between now and 8pm tomorrow though.

I Think he quoted Geoff without the.....quote.

How exactly are they innocent? Geoff could easily have voted for Yvonne and after influence from Vlad's bride that made Yvonne go for Bev.

Geoff has been vociferous in his belief that I'm bad with no reason given by anyone. The goons will be happy if it remains the same.

I've justified myself enough... Goons, GTF.

vote Geoff

Archived