Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

Lord Beni of Gorgie

I think I've seen enough already. Why take a chance when the man who understands the players and fans is already in the building. 

I say I think, I would like to see front foot play again Saturday 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Agentjambo
3 hours ago, mr fox said:

Just give him the job seen enough to suggest he is going to do very well. 
Once he brings in his 4-5 players we are going to do well. 

Naismith will have a very good management career. 

2 defeats and a win….hmmm.

pettigrewsstylist

Plenty football to play. June is the time.

Depends on whose CV is on desk and how their interviews progress.

Wee Mikey
5 hours ago, Led Tasso said:

Regarding Naismith, no harm in having running opinions about it, but this week seems like the absolute worst week possible to actually come to a decision about it. The most important match of the season is this weekend. Ideally we need to not just beat Aberdeen but to truly break them so that we can gain a critical two more points over them on the last three. This is a tough job for Naismith and how he goes about trying to make it happen will say as much about his status here as whether he succeeds or not.

At the end of the season, he'll have a CV to present that includes the run in to this season. Other candidates will have applied and have a similar resume. If he wins four on the bounce and gets us third but Graham Potter applies, I'm probably taking Potter, but if he goes 2W1D1L and misses third by a point, but the other options are Malky Mackay and Mark Warburton, I'll probably take Naisy.

St Mirren next. As for Malky Mackay, do you mean the fella who has Ross Co at the foot of the table, or is there another Malky Mackay out there? Seriously, if that eejit gets the job then my ST will be in serious jeopardy of getting shredded.

Hearts1975

I've seen enough already. 

We need to appoint someone and why not Naismith. 

That first half against Celtic we attacked brilliantly, transitioned excellently and wait for it, defended very well and even managed to get our centre Half's to win the 50/50`s and clear their own lines at the same time

The hobos came too early for him to get his ideas across and we put RC to the sword 

Nothing wrong with waiting until the end of the season if purely negotiating a contract for Naismith at this moment in time, shouldn't, or doesn't need to be the priority 

Interestingly enough, when we were sat at 30 odd percent possession in the first half, we created almost double the chances that they had. When we were sitting at 65-70% against RC we ended up having over 30 shots on goal by the end of the game. 

To get stats like that in such a short time period just shows how much he has changed things from what Robbie was doing and to get the players to buy in shows he knows what he is doing, and knows how to get the players to execute it 

An exciting brand of fitba. What more do folk want than that. Play like that, we will win much more than we lose, that's for sure

Even give him a one year deal so he has some security and just tell him, the jobs his to lose. I like him ... I didn't think it would have came as quick for me, but signs are really positive as far as I'm concerned.

8 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

That first half against Celtic we attacked brilliantly, transitioned excellently and wait for it, defended very well and even managed to get our centre Half's to win the 50/50`s and clear their own lines at the same time

The hobos came too early for him to get his ideas across and we put RC to the sword 

Nothing wrong with waiting until the end of the season if purely negotiating a contract for Naismith at this moment in time, shouldn't, or doesn't need to be the priority 

Interestingly enough, when we were sat at 30 odd percent possession in the first half, we created almost double the chances that they had. When we were sitting at 65-70% against RC we ended up having over 30 shots on goal by the end of the game. 

To get stats like that in such a short time period just shows how much he has changed things from what Robbie was doing and to get the players to buy in shows he knows what he is doing, and knows how to get the players to execute it 

An exciting brand of fitba. What more do folk want than that. Play like that, we will win much more than we lose, that's for sure

Even give him a one year deal so he has some security and just tell him, the jobs his to lose. I like him ... I didn't think it would have came as quick for me, but signs are really positive as far as I'm concerned.

All good points. I'm not ready to jump on board quite yet but I'm encouraged by the last two games. A win and a  good performance against St Mirren might sway me. 

132goals1958
6 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

All good points. I'm not ready to jump on board quite yet but I'm encouraged by the last two games. A win and a  good performance against St Mirren might sway me. 

Would go along with that as well. Greatly encouraged by our last two displays. Think Naismith has strong credentials and played under a few good managers together with earning the trust of Steve Clarke . What we have to avoid is becoming overly swayed by appointing someone purely on the basis they have managed at a reasonable level in England. Always a suspicion they might sub consciously see it as an opportunity to continue on the managerial roundabout or topping up their pension. Remember lots of people on here getting dewy eyed when Stendall was appointed. A bit off a balancing act in considering our options but  my preference would be a young ambitious coach setting out on their career ( who also knows the demands of the club) rather than a seasoned campaigner who might look at it as another throw of the dice. 

I have enjoyed the way have been playing since he took the reins so far . If we do go for him then I will be cautiously optimistic that that continues but many managers start off all blood and thunder and then settle in to a more cautious approach , and results can easily deteriorate after an initial bounce . At the moment I think I would still prefer a manager with a longer proven track record at our level and higher though . Preferably one with a good network of connections to add to what we already have in the recruitment department 

Harmonica
10 hours ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

Plenty football to play. June is the time.

Depends on whose CV is on desk and how their interviews progress.

Exactly my thoughts. 

Back to 2005

It’s a results game and he has lost 2 out of 3. Performances Hibs aside have been night and day though. Leave it till the end of the season.

PapaShango

I wouldn't be against Naisy getting it. He is going to be a decent manager I think and from first impressions has us playing football the way I want, attacking and aggressive. Big test will be how we play away from home, fed up watching passive Hearts teams away from Tynecastle, would love to see us going right at St Mirren from the off next week. 

pettigrewsstylist
17 minutes ago, PapaShango said:

I wouldn't be against Naisy getting it. He is going to be a decent manager I think and from first impressions has us playing football the way I want, attacking and aggressive. Big test will be how we play away from home, fed up watching passive Hearts teams away from Tynecastle, would love to see us going right at St Mirren from the off next week. 

We have little choice, on this occasion.

pettigrewsstylist
9 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

We have to be gungho. We have no choice as 3rd is the current target.

Like what ive seen but has to be acknowledged the style is set by the circumstance.

Its a free hit for SN as nobody really expects 3rd post the players slump, but also a great opportunity, as it can be done.

A high tempo, controlled performance, with improved central defending, away from home would be food for thought!!!!

4 minutes ago, pettigrewsstylist said:

We have to be gungho. We have no choice as 3rd is the current target.

Like what ive seen but has to be acknowledged the style is set by the circumstance.

Its a free hit for SN as nobody really expects 3rd post the players slump, but also a great opportunity, as it can be done.

A high tempo, controlled performance, with improved central defending, away from home would be food for thought!!!!

That's exactly what's required, a high tempo with Gino and Oda causing carnage with a high press and plenty support through the middle. A passive display will not achieve our objective. Would also like to return the favour and reverse the 2-0 defeat at home which should be our minimum requirement to get the job done. Lets not take our foot off the pedal for the full 90 mins.

I am sure naisy will not let us down against the celtic B team on saturday. He has already dropped the Robbie ball tactic and has us on front foot if the GFA had not done us over against Celic reckon we could have got a point and we would have been chuffed. Until the  sending of we were as good as there multi million team . But we are in a good place to judge our possible new manager with 3 very winnable games ahead of us. Not sure how the Rangers game will go. 

I reckon to guarantee a shot at the job he has to win the next 2 home games if not afraid his chances will be slim to none. I hope he does it love his attitude to football.  

bigfatskinnyjambo97

Bring him in. The guy exudes passion and fight. He's also the kind of guy that players actually respect given the credibility of his playing career. Definitely in a better position to achieve success than Robbie was when he was first appointed manager. Got the coaching gig with Scotland (where he's highly regarded), has experience with the youth team and has played under some elite managers. Don't give a **** if Wilder/Neil is available anymore. The performance against Celtic and Ross County showed me all I need to know. Get the contract sent over, assuming we perform to the levels we have done in the last two games. 

No hurry his job practical test is comming up next 4 games wish him all the best enjoy his style of football and his passion

gordon simpson
14 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

1st game no time to prepare 2nd game ripped county a new one 3rd game got ripped a new one by corrupt SFA 

GIVE Naismith the job now and not a pish second rate English hasbeen 

All roads lead to Gorgie

He has got a lot more out of the players ,so far at least, than Robbie did so the signs are promising. However, we need to see how he has the team up for the remaining games and failing to bring back full points from Paisley would set his chances back a bit although everyone is aware this is still a team assembled by Neilson. If we finish the season with three and optimistically four wins then he should be front runner. 

I've a feeling having played in England at a high level and is therefor a name still known south of the border he will have good contacts that he and Savage can approach for possible signings or loan signings at the Simms level.

gordon simpson
9 minutes ago, bigfatskinnyjambo97 said:

Bring him in. The guy exudes passion and fight. He's also the kind of guy that players actually respect given the credibility of his playing career. Definitely in a better position to achieve success than Robbie was when he was first appointed manager. Got the coaching gig with Scotland (where he's highly regarded), has experience with the youth team and has played under some elite managers. Don't give a **** if Wilder/Neil is available anymore. The performance against Celtic and Ross County showed me all I need to know. Get the contract sent over, assuming we perform to the levels we have done in the last two games. 

THIS

Bad Religion

He’s been great so far but there’s absolutely no need to rush into appointing him. Let’s see out the season and assess then. 

17 hours ago, jamboinglasgow said:

I am still cautious to give Naismith the job at the moment, I think he is doing well and is doing what we want with the team, but as you say we have to see all possible candidates, as we have to make the right choice here. I also always fear the danger of an inexperienced caretaker who gets a good run as players respond from wanting last manager sacked, the caretaker gets it and then results fall away.

My view is that I like Naisy and he has the team playing exactly how I want.  So, on the face of things, delighted if we give him the job.

However, there is a lot more to managing/being head coach of a club our size than getting the team playing well for a limited amount of games.

Longterm squad view, integrating new players, managing all those personalities, reacting to adversity, changing tactics when needed longer term and that's not even getting in to the training field stuff of course.  And he'd also need to appoint a team as I doubt it'd be Parky and Frankie.

So lots of variables which mean a good screen shot of the guy now doesn't necessarily mean he's the correct guy longterm.

That's not being down on him, it's just a cautionary tale I'm telling myself more than anything.  If we go out in our last 4 games like we have our last 2, I see us picking up 12 points min.  I really do.  Thats maybe daft, but I do.  He'd then maybe need to get the job.  But we'd need to get a right good team in beside him.

pettigrewsstylist
55 minutes ago, jtkb said:

I am sure naisy will not let us down against the celtic B team on saturday. He has already dropped the Robbie ball tactic and has us on front foot if the GFA had not done us over against Celic reckon we could have got a point and we would have been chuffed. Until the  sending of we were as good as there multi million team . But we are in a good place to judge our possible new manager with 3 very winnable games ahead of us. Not sure how the Rangers game will go. 

Losing Cochrane is big blow to offensive teeth.

pettigrewsstylist
25 minutes ago, All roads lead to Gorgie said:

He has got a lot more out of the players ,so far at least, than Robbie did so the signs are promising. However, we need to see how he has the team up for the remaining games and failing to bring back full points from Paisley would set his chances back a bit although everyone is aware this is still a team assembled by Neilson. If we finish the season with three and optimistically four wins then he should be front runner. 

I've a feeling having played in England at a high level and is therefor a name still known south of the border he will have good contacts that he and Savage can approach for possible signings or loan signings at the Simms level.

Great point ref recent playing level in England and possible benefits. Also having some youth and international coaching experience will attract players i would imagine.

pettigrewsstylist
6 minutes ago, TheBigO said:

My view is that I like Naisy and he has the team playing exactly how I want.  So, on the face of things, delighted if we give him the job.

However, there is a lot more to managing/being head coach of a club our size than getting the team playing well for a limited amount of games.

Longterm squad view, integrating new players, managing all those personalities, reacting to adversity, changing tactics when needed longer term and that's not even getting in to the training field stuff of course.  And he'd also need to appoint a team as I doubt it'd be Parky and Frankie.

So lots of variables which mean a good screen shot of the guy now doesn't necessarily mean he's the correct guy longterm.

That's not being down on him, it's just a cautionary tale I'm telling myself more than anything.  If we go out in our last 4 games like we have our last 2, I see us picking up 12 points min.  I really do.  Thats maybe daft, but I do.  He'd then maybe need to get the job.  But we'd need to get a right good team in beside him.

Yip, managing is not coaching, and thats the crux. That said if he wins 4 including Ipox then ....

Roll on Sat..

Just now, pettigrewsstylist said:

Yip, managing is not coaching, and thats the crux. That said if he wins 4 including Ipox then ....

Roll on Sat..

Oh defo.  I'm actually up for him as manager.  I'm just also cautious on it.

(up for it if next few weeks goes well anyway)

karipidis

I like Naisy and there has been an upturn in performances. However, the main indicator will be this weekend. 

Bob Loblaw

I like the way the team has responded to him and I like how he's got us playing. However,  if we are to give it to him longer term we can decide on that in a few weeks time. 

What if we go to St Mirren and his approach to away games is negative? What if he doesn't get us performing against Aberdeen or Hibs? 

If we approach the two away games positively and he has us beating Aberdeen and Hibs he'll be in the running, but no need to jump the gun.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 hours ago, mr fox said:

Just give him the job seen enough to suggest he is going to do very well. 
Once he brings in his 4-5 players we are going to do well. 

Naismith will have a very good management career. 

Is there enough to suggest he is the best man we can get for the job. That’s the fundamental question.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
17 hours ago, dav1e said:

Would give him a 2 year deal . His commitment to the club is unquestionable he knows us inside out.

😂😆

Nothing you have said is backed up by anything.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
15 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

I think I've seen enough already. Why take a chance when the man who understands the players and fans is already in the building. 

I say I think, I would like to see front foot play again Saturday 

You’ve made up most of the first paragraph to be fair. Naismith himself said he didn’t know much about what was going on with the first team until after Neilson was sacked.

Also, I don’t know why you don’t think appointing Naismith - a complete rookie - isn’t taking a chance?

Some of the thinking processes about this is just mental.

A_A wehatethehibs

For me, not yet. What’s the rush? 

Sure he’s booted the players, got players running about a lot, but it is about winning games. He knows that himself. So far he has lost 2 out of 3.

It’s all very well players running about a lot but does that running about translate to winning the games? We will now find out. 

He has had some time, the players are clearly doing as instructed in terms of his way of playing. 

It could still go either way. Naismith could be sat here end of season having smashed it and got us 3rd or he could be sat in 6th with 6 Ls out of 7. It’s do or die time 

pettigrewsstylist
1 minute ago, TheBigO said:

Oh defo.  I'm actually up for him as manager.  I'm just also cautious on it.

(up for it if next few weeks goes well anyway)

Managing Sat will be telling. Their home form this season hugely impressive by their standards. Top 6 for first time in how many yrs? Shot at euro slot. Looks like they have lost a bit of form and conceding more tho recently.

They will be confident in Main v Rowles after last outing and the fact both our previous games they could have won also.

Cochrane will be huge loss to compensate, if we play the game i suspect SN wants to.

Kingsley may be better placed to help CBs tho.

Hill against Celtic was good as RB in a 4 but im not sure if we might see inverted FBs Sat.

Interesting.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
14 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Indeed.

Hearts team now doing the bare minimum that some fans demand - the bare minimum - yet they want to appoint Naismith who hasn’t shown anything that suggests he will get the team to do that bare minimum. And even then has won 1 out of 3 games.

The guy might go on to be brilliant but he hasn’t shown he is anything special so far. He has shown (credit to him) that he can get Hearts players to do the bare minimum that a lot of fans expect.

Thats w he’ll of a low bar on which to call for him to be made manager. Even result a don’t seem to matter.

18 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Two defeats and a win against bottom of the league is enough evidence for some?

If you’re a stats man and completely ignore the context, circumstances and performances then no it shouldn’t be enough. I think taking those into account he’s certainly moved into the being considered camp. 3 wins and the jobs his imo. 

The Hogfather

Still not keen on the idea of being a club that repeatedly takes chances on first time managers tbh. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
12 hours ago, Hearts1975 said:

Remember when we bemoaned Neilson for no shots on target against Celtic.

ford donald
1 hour ago, johnking123 said:

Still 4 games to go. Will judge after that.

my thoughts too.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
3 hours ago, GinRummy said:

The day when beating St Mirren decides a manager for Hearts is a dark day mate. Come on.

Bazzas right boot

Harsh to judge Naismith even if we don't finish 3rd.

It's not his team, we have injuries to key players, he taken over when there was a split on the dressing room, many players already have their eye on their next contract and he has had no transfer window.

If we fail to finish even 4th then I'm not sure he can be blamed and it wouldn't be a fair reflection of his managerial potential. 

If he does get 3rd then he's performed a minor miracle and we have had 3 or 4 good results.

In my view he's in a no lose situation , although as per folk wil make harsh and snap judgements.

It will come down to who the board trusts more, Naismith or some random that will be a gamble no matter what and likley more expensive?

Either way,  it's harsh to judge  him if results aren't great.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Harsh to judge Naismith even if we don't finish 3rd.

It's not his team, we have injuries to key players, he taken over when there was a split on the dressing room, many players already have their eye on their next contract and he has had no transfer window.

If we fail to finish even 4th then I'm not sure he can be blamed and it wouldn't be a fair reflection of his managerial potential. 

If he does get 3rd then he's performed a minor miracle and we have had 3 or 4 good results.

In my view he's in a no lose situation , although as per folk wil make harsh and snap judgements.

It will come down to who the board trusts more, Naismith or some random that will be a gamble no matter what and likley more expensive?

Either way,  it's harsh to judge  him if results aren't great.

If we don’t finish 4th he can 100% be blamed. Our current available squad is easily good enough to finish 4th from the position he took over from. 

Horatio Caine
12 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Remember when we bemoaned Neilson for no shots on target against Celtic.

Aye but we didn't even come close that time, and we didn't compete with them.

1 hour ago, gordon simpson said:

1st game no time to prepare 2nd game ripped county a new one 3rd game got ripped a new one by corrupt SFA 

GIVE Naismith the job now and not a pish second rate English hasbeen 

The Hibs performance was a ****ing disgrace. Sunday was better in the first half. We took the game to them at home and didn't let them settle. That's the minimum expectation though. That's how far things had sunk under Neilson as every decent side who came to Tynecastle was given the freedom of the park. 

Bazzas right boot
31 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Harsh to judge and it's not his team, but some  folk are really excited after a defeat to hibs ( which ended our run v them), a humping of Ross county ( but our home form has been strong last two seasons) and a 2-0 defeat v celtic (worse than our last home league game v them, although the red card changed the game).

It's great that some are giving Naismith more support and leeway than they ever gave Bob,  but results haven't been better and ultimately imo things won't change that much  until we get a new manager and have a clear out. 

Way too early to be championing Naismith,  but likewise it's harsh to judge him as it's not his team.

One big positive of Bob getting the boot is that it's apparent any new manager will get some time and not hounded and abused after every poor result, that is only a good thing.

bigfatskinnyjambo97
20 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Derbies are a freak fixture and he'd only been in the job a couple of days - not really fair to judge him on that game. Ross county was phenomenal. Celtic game we were the better team until the dodgy red card. We  matched them all over the park, looked threatening on the attack and the much criticised defence was organised and solid. Anyway, it's not JUST about these three games, although he has already made a huge difference to performance levels with a team who looked liked an unfit pub team. It's also that the guy exudes passion and fight - something the last manager did not. Judging by his antics on the touchline, he demands high standards all the time, wants the game to be played with tempo/aggression and will bark at anyone who is not delivering what he wants. He also had a very esteemed playing career, something that players can respect and admire. He is also clearly a very well rated coach given the fact that Clarke brought him into the Scotland setup and that he's already getting a tune from the Hearts players. Still needs to get results in the St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs game for me, but if he does then it's a no brainer to be honest! His potential ceiling in management is currently uncapped, and he's shown already that he's a very promising coach. In the best case scenario if we were to appoint Neil/Wilder, who've had a ups and downs in management, then we would be getting experience, but these guys aren't exactly Pep and Jurgen. Talented managers no doubt and would probably succeed, but why break the bank on managers that have no guarantee at success if we already have someone with bags of potential and plenty of the correct attributes for management. Ofcourse, he must get results in the games mentioned above, but if he does, then it's a no brainer for me.

Bazzas right boot
10 minutes ago, Dazo said:

If we don’t finish 4th he can 100% be blamed. Our current available squad is easily good enough to finish 4th from the position he took over from. 

Not at all, it's not his team and no way shows his potential as manager. 

Only a dafty would blame him imo

Blame is pointless anyway, I wouldn't judge him either way.

It wouldn't help him tho, finishing below 4th also likley means 2 defeats to hibs in his short time here, type of thing some hold against a manager for years.

Edited by Bazzas right boot