Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

If Naismith gets us to third, he is 100% certain getting the job 

it saves the board from going through all the hassle of interviewing a new coach 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Yaismith, Naismith or Mehsmith 😎

This will be a thread title in 4 or 5 games time.

Felix Lighter
2 hours ago, David McCaig said:

Yaismith, Naismith or Mehsmith 😎

:fonzie:

1 hour ago, rory78 said:

Everyone's missing the point that Ross County were absolutely honking too we never had to work for those goals 

Never had to work for the goals? Did you watch the game today? The tempo was great and the workrate was off the chart.

Some fans are never happy and should watch snooker instead 

Edited by brux

tynietigers

Shankland said today in the Gorgie that he was blowing out his arse and the game still had 11 minutes to go 😂 so I guess the tempo was a up a gear or two 👍🏻

2 hours ago, rory78 said:

Everyone's missing the point that Ross County were absolutely honking too we never had to work for those goals 

Do your research ya mug

Big John Colquhoun

Don’t want to get carried away after one game but he’s got something about him and wants us to play the right way. Think we could do worse.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
4 minutes ago, jr ewing said:

Away games will provide the answer. 

Dunno - likely to be the uglies. Bit harsh to judge on those.

3 hours ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Too early to say but if we get 3rd and we get more performances like today then he has a better chance than he did 7 days ago.   Probably get someone uninspiring like Stephen Robinson and end up wishing we kept SN! 

I’m a bit torn on this. I like the cut of Naismiths jib. Always have. Today was fantastic and it’s almost all down to his influence

But it’s one performance and one result and he lost a derby where his influence had zero impact just last week

I hope we’ve got a time frame that means we can wait until the end of the season before offering jobs to a new coaching team. There will be more than one person coming in. I wouldn’t be averse to Naismith being one of them and being heavily involved. Certainly if the choice is Robinson and that genre, I’d rather have Naismith.

I do think we’re aiming big. Not stratospheric big but we’ll be looking probably at our highest paid, most experienced, fittest for purpose (on paper)manager that we’ve probably ever gone for. Just my gut. If that guy wants Naismith beside him and Naismith is up for it, for me that’s the best outcome the way things are right now.

If he goes, in the next few weeks to Celtic park and/or Ibrox and slaps their arrogant pusses and romps it to 3rd, that’s a game changer of course. Then we can probably stop looking - maybe 🤔 

I don’t know if Naisy should get the gig Ir not.  But the thing I liked seeing today was naisy on the touch line talking to the players.  And after every goal he was telling the players to keep it going.  

Posters dismissing our opponents obviously haven’t been watching us in recent weeks.  Today was a huge positive step that allows Naisy to reinforce with the players how he wants them to play.  If he keeps it up I’ll start referring to him as Stevey.

Edited by Haken

3 minutes ago, Naisys Tackle said:

People need to settle regardless of how we played today. 

I don’t think you can expect anyone who watched that today, having watched the 2 months that went before it to ‘settle’

It was an astounding attacking masterclass and we blew them away.

With the proviso that it was ‘only’ Ross County, that’s what we’re capable of. Someone just raised the bar a bit.

Naisys Tackle
48 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

I don’t think you can expect anyone who watched that today, having watched the 2 months that went before it to ‘settle’

It was an astounding attacking masterclass and we blew them away.

With the proviso that it was ‘only’ Ross County, that’s what we’re capable of. Someone just raised the bar a bit.

So was Aberdeen this year.   My point was more settling down about wanting Naisy to get the job based on 1 game.  

And agree, we are.  That's why I wanted Robbie gone. 

4 hours ago, FinnBarr Saunders said:

Would be a no from me (I think). I keep thinking back to how Ole done with Man. Utd whilst interim manager but made a total arse of the job when he got it full time.

Don't give him the job full time but keep him as interim manager indefinitely 😄

Similar style of play and 3-0 wins in all games after the split, otherwise GTF back to the "B" team, and in with Wilder.

Edited by jim747

RedStarRiot
11 hours ago, rory78 said:

3rd best defence in the league and their keeper was arguably their best playing making some cracking saves. 

I take it you missed most of the goals? Getting to the 2nd balls, taking players on, intricate passing.

I'm really not sure what you are on about. 

Also, folk saying "don't get carried away" seriously? We have been crap for 2 months now, let folk get excited and celebrate a scoreline that doesn't come around too often. 

It's fine to get excited at the prospect of us playing an exciting brand of football for the first time in a while. If your not excited I'd question why you bother? 

Tynecastle sounded great yesterday when the team were going for 5 then 6 and then pushing to get 7. 

Watched this one on the telly . Ross County are total garbage obviously , but that takes nothing away from our performance , I thought we were great to watch . Naismith did well ther

VagabondJambo
8 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

3rd best defence in the league and their keeper was arguably their best playing making some cracking saves. 

I take it you missed most of the goals? Getting to the 2nd balls, taking players on, intricate passing.

Also, folk saying "don't get carried away" seriously? We have been crap for 2 months now, let folk get excited and celebrate a scoreline that doesn't come around too often. 

It's fine to get excited at the prospect of us playing an exciting brand of football for the first time in a while. If your not excited I'd question why you bother? 

Tynecastle sounded great yesterday when the team were going for 5 then 6 and then pushing to get 7. 

Good post!

2 minutes ago, Sooks said:

Watched this one on the telly . Ross County are total garbage obviously , but that takes nothing away from our performance , I thought we were great to watch . Naismith did well ther

Agreed 

This result will hopefully do wonders for our confidence after all the upheaval and losses

Just now, Hansel said:

Agreed 

This result will hopefully do wonders for our confidence after all the upheaval and losses

Totally mate . Just need the Hun to smash Aberdeens back doors in now and we are good to go 🙂 

Just now, Sooks said:

Totally mate . Just need the Hun to smash Aberdeens back doors in now and we are good to go 🙂 

Yip. A right old hammering would ruin the feel good factor for the sheep 🐑 

3 minutes ago, Hansel said:

Yip. A right old hammering would ruin the feel good factor for the sheep 🐑 

Especially since Shinnie will be missing for a few games . Hope fully Duk gets booted in to the stand and misses the same

Either way though - game on

9 hours ago, Haken said:

I don’t know if Naisy should get the gig Ir not.  But the thing I liked seeing today was naisy on the touch line talking to the players.  And after every goal he was telling the players to keep it going.  

Posters dismissing our opponents obviously haven’t been watching us in recent weeks.  Today was a huge positive step that allows Naisy to reinforce with the players how he wants them to play.  If he keeps it up I’ll start referring to him as Stevey.

I said this at the game yesterday. Sometimes when managers do that there is a en element of show about it - but not with Naisy - you could see he was kicking every ball in that game yesterday.

As I said on the other thread, whether or not Naisy gets the job, I've got a feeling that he's got the potential to be a very good manager, as he has a mixture of intelligence, great knowledge of the game and competitiveness. 

Edited by stirlo

Let’s not get too carried away, eh?

We were brilliant yesterday. But let’s be honest, County were rotten. It was probably our best performance of the season and their worst. 
At the moment I just think SN has made amends for last weekends debacle.

If we continue to win and deliver the same type of performance as yesterday, then I wouldn’t be against him getting the job in a permanent basis.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

We were brilliant yesterday. But let’s be honest, County were rotten. It was probably our best performance of the season and their worst. 

If we continue to win and deliver the same type of performance as yesterday, then I wouldn’t be against him getting the job in a permanent basis.

No one getting carried away. Just trying to balance out that ridiculous naismith out thread.  We continue playing with that application and attitude we should all be delighted.  

RedStarRiot
14 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

I hate the they were rotten so don't get carried away chat.

They were so bad BECAUSE we were so good. We had a threat in both wide areas which ensured they couldn't just focus on McKay. Shankland could drop deep, Gino had a lot of freedom. 

Ross County set up initially with a highline likely expecting us to pass out from the back and play Neilson ball so they could press up up the pitch and wait for mistakes. Teams have had a lot of success doing that against us in recent months. 

We played a lot more direct and I don't think they expected that or factor in that Oda would bring pace and trickery to the to the other flank which helped McKay big time.

Edited by RedStarRiot

VagabondJambo
1 minute ago, RedStarRiot said:

They were so bad BECAUSE we were so good . . . 

Exactly!

RedStarRiot
1 minute ago, VagabondJambo said:

Exactly!

Malky looked haunted on the touchline. He knew there was a chance it could have been ten!   

kingantti1874
4 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

They were so bad BECAUSE we were so good. We had a threat in both wide areas which ensured they couldn't just focus on McKay. Shankland could drop deep, Gino had a lot of freedom. 

Ross County set up initially with a highline likely expecting us to pass out from the back and play Neilson ball so they could press up up the pitch and wait for mistakes. Teams have had a lot of success doing that against us in recent months. 

We played a lot more direct and I don't think they expected that or factor in that Oda would bring pace and trickery to the to the other flank which helped McKay big time.

Yes this is a great post. Loved it when we dropped the center backs in to pass it around and we went long.  Variation.  That's the key

3 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

So, we should get carried away? We were as brilliant this week as we were bad last week. 
I loved yesterdays game, it was so refreshing to see us play in such a way.

It remains to be seen if we can perform in such a way regularly.

I was pretty quick to say no to Naismith last week, what I did like today is after a full week you could see a difference and he was screaming instructions from the side.  Was clear he was coaching the players through the game. Particularly like he spent time with Oda and you could see a massive difference.  We need a coach not a manger in my view as the only way to do anything on this league is to get players and develop them. Whether Naismith is that man the jury is out but he deserves a chance over the next games anyway.

VagabondJambo
1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

Yes this is a great post. Loved it when we dropped the center backs in to pass it around and we went long.  Variation.  That's the key

That’s what the new coaching team (led by Naismith), AND yesterday’s starting 11, bring.

7 minutes ago, Hood09 said:

I was pretty quick to say no to Naismith last week, what I did like today is after a full week you could see a difference and he was screaming instructions from the side.  Was clear he was coaching the players through the game. Particularly like he spent time with Oda and you could see a massive difference.  We need a coach not a manger in my view as the only way to do anything on this league is to get players and develop them. Whether Naismith is that man the jury is out but he deserves a chance over the next games anyway.

This is pretty much how I feel. He seems to have the players on board but whether that’s enough I’m just not sure. Trying not to get carried away but after watching the turgid slow build up garbage we’ve become used to, it would be easy to get over excited. 

RedStarRiot
2 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

So, we should get carried away? We were as brilliant this week as we were bad last week. 

No, 

3 minutes ago, iantjambo said:

Didn't say that. 

Last weeks derby performance was poor but the scoreline in the previous 2 really flattered us. That had been coming for a while against Hibs. I think it was a chaotic week with a change in management and the release of Snodgrass probably caused a lot of disruption. 

You could see their was a clear change in direction and it was night and day to Hibs not just from a performance perspective but the football style, attitude of the players and confidence. My gripe with your post was the "meh RC are rubbish anyway" element to it. The fact is not even the Old Firm have beaten Ross County like that this season. Their defence has been good and the only reason they are bottom is that they can't score goals. To put 6 past them great and we wouldn't have done that previously. I'm not a Robbie hater (agreed it was time) but he never went for the kill once 2 or 3 up and really batter a team (except Cowdenbeath in his first spell, pre Neilsonball)

Agreed, that certainly remains to be seen but my point it's fine to be excited about what could happen. 

Would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. We have just got rid of our most successful manager, in terms of win ratio, why on earth would we want to replace him with a complete unknown ?  We have to employ a manager of some quality to replace RN anything other than that would be complete stupidity. Sadly I can see us becoming Hibs like with managers first sign of a poor run get rid and next please .

Bazzas right boot

If he gets 3rd, he'll deserve the job.

But let's just wait and see, this place was on suicide watch last week and now everything is brilliant again.

The swing from game to game or even during a game on how brilliant or shite players are is ridiculous on here.

Bazzas right boot
2 minutes ago, jock _turd said:

Would be like jumping from the frying pan into the fire. We have just got rid of our most successful manager, in terms of win ratio, why on earth would we want to replace him with a complete unknown ?  We have to employ a manager of some quality to replace RN anything other than that would be complete stupidity. Sadly I can see us becoming Hibs like with managers first sign of a poor run get rid and next please .

Hopefully not, if we appoint the right person who has us in about 3rd we'll be ok.

If we sack mangers who aren't well clear in 3rd we may go through a few.

Naismith has to the end of the season,  let's see what he does.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

If he gets 3rd, he'll deserve the job.

But let's just wait and see, this place was on suicide watch last week and now everything is brilliant again.

The swing from game to game or even during a game on how brilliant or shite players are is ridiculous on here.

Why will he deserve the gig ? Because a band of shitty players who downed tools decide to start playing again ?

Let’s just calm our beans.

For those saying give him the job - it’s been one game and for those saying nope - how do you not know he is a tactical genius who one day will be the manager of Real Madrid.

Lets see how he does over the remainder of the season - winning games is a must but I would like to see the type of intensity, forward thing and attacking thinking as yesterday. He delivers that over the remaining games then I would not be adversely against him getting the job on a full time basis.

The test will be the games in the split (games we have historically struggled with)

But the fixtures should be favourable- Hibs and Aberdeen at home. Also potentially St Mirren at home to help Celtic which we would also take. Win our home games and third would be ours in my opinion…..

Bazzas right boot
Just now, jock _turd said:

Why will he deserve the gig ? Because a band of shitty players who downed tools decide to start playing again ?

Tbh, I dunno, but if he gets 3rd I'd take Naismith over a Robinson or McInnes type.

I really don't think our options are great or are a huge risk. 

I don't want Wilder and Fink could be great or a complete shit show, if even realistic. 

O'Neil is interesting,  but his teams are functional,  he's hardly known for his free flowing style. Many won't like that.

Warburton also interests me, but he's likley not interested. 

It will probably be between the likes of Robinson,  McInnes etc and imo if Naismith gets us 3rd he's in a good place.

Naismith has a decent status in our game, loves the club and has worked under Clark and he'd have had saved our season, as worthy as anyone if that plays out.

1 minute ago, Bazzas right boot said:

Hopefully not, if we appoint the right person who has us in about 3rd we'll be ok.

If we sack mangers who aren't well clear in 3rd we may go through a few.

Naismith has to the end of the season,  let's see what he does.

Football eh? The only form of employment where a person deliberately does their job badly to get a fellow employee sacked and don't get the heave themselves... lets not kid ourselves that is exactly what happened. What you are suggesting is on the back of what could be winning only three or possibly four games that is enough to get the gig . RN got us to a point where we were within touching distance of third ... the players or a selection of them did enough to make sure that was going to be very difficult and got a fellow employee sacked in doing so  that is where we are at and as I say it only could happen in football .

1 hour ago, RedStarRiot said:

Bang on

JamboAndrew

Not my first choice. But, if he gets 3rd and good results against the rest of the top 6 then he gives the board a real decision to make. Would we be letting a good up and coming manager go? It would be hard to not logically give him the job.

However, if he doesn't get 3rd and we go back to the sort of football from Neilson's last 10 games then it's a definite no.

Bazzas right boot
1 minute ago, jock _turd said:

Football eh? The only form of employment where a person deliberately does their job badly to get a fellow employee sacked and don't get the heave themselves... lets not kid ourselves that is exactly what happened. What you are suggesting is on the back of what could be winning only three or possibly four games that is enough to get the gig . RN got us to a point where we were within touching distance of third ... the players or a selection of them did enough to make sure that was going to be very difficult and got a fellow employee sacked in doing so  that is where we are at and as I say it only could happen in football .

Oh, I'd have given Bob to the seasons end, but something went wrong in the past 2 months and the board acted.

Half the players are gone in the summer and it will be a rebuild.

One  great result doesn't hand him the job but see me above post, imo our realistic options aren't a guarantee of what many on here demand either,  Naismith if he gets us 3rd is just as likley to do well or worse than anyone else.

And yes, any manager will do well to get us 3rd next season and then stay 3rd.