Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

saki jambo
1 minute ago, tiger Rudi said:

Listened to his after match comments. Very impressed tbh. He speaks well, sounds knowledgeable and has a clear view of how he wants the team to play. He looks the part on the touchline with constant encouragement and positivity. He has the team playing on the front foot, his tactics today were spot on and the players are responding to him. If the performances remain at this level I would be more than happy to give him the job. 

0 - shots on target 🎯 today 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

David McCaig

If he beats St Mirren, Aberdeen and Hibs the club have a decision to make.

If we win the final 4 including Rangers away, the job has to be his.

The big test is whether we can show the same passion and energy away from Tynecastle.  

Captain Lithuania
4 minutes ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

We’ll still be officiated by the same *****.

Pep couldn’t help us change that part.

Ah well, just give Naismith the job then. Why should we even bother? Is that better?

Captain Lithuania
Just now, Pap said:

He's got until the end of the season. Just wait and see it out first. 

We don’t have time to wait until the end of the season. If the club are just waiting and seeing how Naismith gets on before they get their finger out to look for a proper manager then they are out of their depth. 

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, saki jambo said:

Neither had Celtic until we lost a player. They didn’t even look like scoring. Until that point, we’d definitely had the best of the game. They were unsettled and not getting the chance to play their normal game.

I very much doubt RN would have had us playing with that tempo or going after them from the outset.

Dennis Reynolds

We need someone in by the end of the month imo. Pre-season will (likely) starting at the end of June. We need someone in and making decisions on the team before then. We ****ed up this season pissing about and we're completely unprepared at the start. 

Just now, merseyjambo said:

Neither had Celtic until we lost a player. They didn’t even look like scoring. Until that point, we’d definitely had the best of the game. They were unsettled and not getting the chance to play their normal game.

I very much doubt RN would have had us playing with that tempo or going after them from the outset.

:spoton:

merseyjambo
Just now, Captain Lithuania said:

We don’t have time to wait until the end of the season. If the club are just waiting and seeing how Naismith gets on before they get their finger out to look for a proper manager then they are out of their depth. 

Sorry but who is going to come in now with 4 games to go, unless it’s someone already out of a job like Callum Davidson or Yogi Hughes.

I very much doubt there was any other plan than to give it to Naismith until the end of the season.

Greedy Jambo
14 minutes ago, red said:

Our performances last two games justifies the sacking of RN…These players were/are far better than we have been seeing this season. 

We were outstanding first 30 mins today and very tough to keep that up for 90 and more so with 10 men.

the fans also responded magnificently with the high pressing style. 

It's not just the performances that justify it, Neilson's losing run was close to being the worst since 1970, apparently. 

Cannot count the Hibs game, Christ we had lost 6 on the bounce, we were Uber negative and it was going to take more than a week to change that. 

Excellent v Ross County and today we played the same way until the game was spoiled by blatant cheating. I feel we would have won today had it been 11v11, we had the momentum. 

He's got another 4 games though to keep it going and I'm sure he can. 

Until something better comes up then I'm all for Naisy. There will no doubt be good managers interested but we haven't heard any of those names yet. 

Gorgierools

I'd give him the job now. He has the guys fired up. He demands attacking football and appreciates the need for youth development. what else do you want?

tiger Rudi
6 minutes ago, saki jambo said:

We were playing the Champions and with 11 men kept them in their own half for most of the 1st half. What were you expecting today? I want us to be competitive against the OF. We were today. How many shots on target did Celtic have in that 1st half? We took the game to them, we were positive from the start. Couldn't have asked for much more. 

saki jambo
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

Ok I understand to a point we played well 

Remember RN 3-4 before things went tits up 

Greedy Jambo
8 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

The big test is whether we can show the same passion and energy away from Tynecastle.  

This. 

gordiegords

I like the look of the way we have been playing the last two games, big test next week as we have a honking away record not just results but also performances. Played well today i thought against blatant cheating and corruption. Sfa gtf hhgh.

merseyjambo
1 minute ago, saki jambo said:

Ok I understand to a point we played well 

Remember RN 3-4 before things went tits up 

Yeah and he also played a real blinder in a cup tie at Tynecastle when we were 3 down in 25 minutes thanks to his passive latent football 

Bring Back Paulo Sergio
27 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

It's a yes from me. 

So far it's a yes from me. Experience doesn't always mean good. Plenty of shite 'Experienced' managers out there

Uncle Buck

There’s no need to make a decision yet but I’ve liked what I’ve seen so far. High press, attacking football. Energetic, fast paced. I think he’ll be the man.

MoncurMacdonaldMercer
13 minutes ago, David McCaig said:

he’s done quite well so far - has achieved nothing compared to what he needs to achieve in the next 4 games to get the job

Australis

He has done really well.

He has the players believing in themselves again and not moving about like planks of wood.

He deserves to keep the job until the end of the season and then tell Savage who his targets are and what his plans are.

Been refreshing the last few weeks, with the players knowing what they are doing and up for it.

Bazzas right boot
15 minutes ago, kila said:

Not really spot on tbh, we played well in the 3-4 celtic.

No need for folk to re write history. 

Let's just see how we get on against St Mirren away next week and then the remaining games going forward 

We've lost to Hibs, beat County and lost to Celtic so far , that's fact.

Still has it all.to prove that he's the man for the Job next year. Encouraging signs but it's still all.about results.

It's obviously far too early to make a definitive decision on Naismith. What can change the dial in his favour though would be to go to St Mirren and win in a dominant manner as it's been so long since we've been anything other than insipid away from home.

gregzy2k7

I still think we should bring in an experienced manager, in fact the best manager that we can possibly get, then we let him bring in his own no2 coach, promote Naismith to be his 3rd coach, jobs a good un imo.

HeartsandonlyHearts
32 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Ah well, just give Naismith the job then. Why should we even bother? Is that better?

No!! Give Pep the job. 

Liking what he's doing, I'd have been really opposed to it a few months ago as I really wanted an experienced manager in for Europe.

Given we farted about and made a hash of that I'm less opposed to it now.

21 minutes ago, Bring Back Paulo Sergio said:

So far it's a yes from me. Experience doesn't always mean good. Plenty of shite 'Experienced' managers out there

I always ask what experience does he need? He's played at the top for 15 years. When you consider guys like Will Still and Naglesmann, Naisy is much more experienced. 

viva hate

If we win at St Mirren then we should seriously consider giving him the job. There are plenty of managers out there with more experience but managers at the level we can afford are always going to be a gamble. 

Would prefer Naismith than somebody like Thorsten Fink.

Edited by viva hate

Bazzas right boot
6 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

I always ask what experience does he need? He's played at the top for 15 years. When you consider guys like Will Still and Naglesmann, Naisy is much more experienced. 

Yip and been assistant to Clark.

BackOfTheNet

My only criticisms of tactics deployed today were:

1. Having Haring outside the box at corners (Oda could have been there)

2. Taking Oda off instead of McKay. Ginnelly and Oda on each wing would have enough pace to both track back and get forward, and both get stuck in. McKay - although was decent today - can sometimes be a luxury at the best of times, never mind when we’re 10 against 11. And we probably should have waiting a minute or two until half time to think about the changes needed.

But other than that he’s impressed me. And I’ve said it a million times, it’s not losing to that lot, it’s how we do it. And we all can justifiably say we lost the game today because of a refereeing decision rather than pointing to tactics deployed. That’s all any of us can ever ask for.

If he gets 9 points from the remaining games, give him the job.

Otherwise it's a no from me.

Just now, Bazzas right boot said:

Yip and been assistant to Clark.

And managed the B team. It's not like he's a novice. 

Naismith has show tactical astuteness in the last few games. Things like they way Rowles was tasked to man mark ORiley and stay with him right up the pitch to starve Celtic of the ball of the front two. Hill as well seemed to have been told tackle quick - don’t give them a chance to knock if past you.

For 35-40 mins Hearts were outstanding today. I suspect those who are saying “they didn’t have a shot on target” probably weren’t at the game. The stat may be true but no one knew Shankalnds header was offside and Devlins effort was certainly on target till being deflected wide.

Rowles looks much more settled - I suspect by being asked to play tactics that actually suit his game.

46 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

One very good performance. One ok performance. One woeful performance.

Look even with the biggest maroon goggle on we weren’t “great” today. Competitive for a bit but not great. 

Being in their faces and not allowing them to settle is the bare minimum. Neilson couldn't muster that. It's a pretty low bar. 

Minimum expectation is maximum effort as Sean Dyche would say. Neilson couldn't achieve that and hence why he's been launched. 

This season remains a huge missed opportunity. 

Captain Lithuania
39 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

Sorry but who is going to come in now with 4 games to go, unless it’s someone already out of a job like Callum Davidson or Yogi Hughes.

I very much doubt there was any other plan than to give it to Naismith until the end of the season.

I don’t think you get it. I’m not saying sack Naismith and get a new manager in tomorrow. Of course that’s not going to happen. What I am saying is that if the club are not actively looking for a replacement and simply waiting to see how he gets on, they’re not doing it right. I find it extremely hard to see how you could disagree with that. 

On 22/04/2023 at 19:36, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t win 6-1 every week but if the application, effort and style is like that then it’s naisy’s job. 

sorry but played three and lost two doesnt as yet count as a top class CV - we'll know more by the end of the month. 

3 minutes ago, Carter said:

Being in their faces and not allowing them to settle is the bare minimum. Neilson couldn't muster that. It's a pretty low bar. 

Minimum expectation is maximum effort as Sean Dyche would say. Neilson couldn't achieve that and hence why he's been launched. 

This season remains a huge missed opportunity. 

We werent in their faces in the second half as being a man down changed our game plan to sitting off them in our own half  unlike the pressing in the first period before the A-Hole ref spoiled the match ......mind you, what chance do we have when our two replacement midfielders (second half subs) are Kio and Grant - you bring those two on and you know we are deteriating. 

MarkDevriesScores4

Nowhere near ready for the main job in my opinion. 

hope he secures europe for us but he’s not gonna be in the job beyond May 

Naisys Tackle
16 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Me too. 

22 minutes ago, Ray Gin said:

Same here.

13 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

We werent in their faces in the second half as being a man down changed our game plan to sitting off them in our own half  unlike the pressing in the first period before the A-Hole ref spoiled the match ......mind you, what chance do we have when our two replacement midfielders (second half subs) are Kio and Grant - you bring those two on and you know we are deteriating. 

First half we were at it. Never allowed them to settle and pressed with purpose and cohesion. Big improvement from passive shite we've endured under Neilson. A number of those Celtic players hate being hurried. Their defence was there to be got at today. 

Grant and Kio exemplify poor recruitment last summer which is going to cost us dealy ultimately. 

The White Cockade
1 hour ago, Captain Lithuania said:

Eh?

they are already looking

no club would appoint a new permanent manager this late in the season as hardly anybody is available 

Naisy is just a caretaker at the moment

Don’t know how anyone can have much of an opinion on Naismith either way. He’s only been given 7 games until the end of the season. I’ll decide after those games. 

Captain Lithuania
4 minutes ago, The White Cockade said:

Eh?

they are already looking

no club would appoint a new permanent manager this late in the season as hardly anybody is available 

Naisy is just a caretaker at the moment

See my further message above seeing as you don’t get it. 

David McCaig
15 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Think it's already Chris Wilders gig 

In which case surely he is available from 5pm tomorrow afternoon?