• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Not going to score 6 every week but it’s certainly clear what he has been talking about the last two weeks transferred to the players today.

One of only many wins required though

Great performance today and one we should be capable of producing consistently given the squad we have. Frustrating to think we should be home and hosed by now.

Hopefully we can build a little momentum going into the next few weeks as finishing 3rd, although not impossible, will be a big ask. 

Delighted with the turnaround in the performance today, very positive and encouraging however, I think we need to wait and see where we are at the end of the season before any decision is made regarding who will our next manager.

Just now, jambogemz said:

Great performance today and one we should be capable of producing consistently given the squad we have. Frustrating to think we should be home and hosed by now.

Hopefully we can build a little momentum going into the next few weeks as finishing 3rd, although not impossible, will be a big ask. 

It won't be easy but we should have home ties against Hibs and Aberdeen (St Mirren too?). None of those teams are sensational so if we turn up there's no reason we can't make it. Hopefully the team are up for it again and today is a real sign of what we can expect between now and seasons end. 

Fozzyonthefence

Too early to say but if we get 3rd and we get more performances like today then he has a better chance than he did 7 days ago.   Probably get someone uninspiring like Stephen Robinson and end up wishing we kept SN! 

FarmerTweedy
3 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

If we draw our next game he’s in no man’s land. 

Not if it's in the land that soap forgot!

Fozzyonthefence
2 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

No matter what happens its a no for me.

No matter how good he turns out to be?  Why?

Do you think Aberdeen should give their job to Robson if they finish 3rd by the way?

kingantti1874
1 minute ago, coatbridgejambo said:

No matter what happens it’s a no for me.

Just daft IMO. We have to FIND the next top coach. Most likely ae aren’t in the market for one.  

We would all take Michael Carrick RN. 

kingantti1874
3 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

Do you think Aberdeen should give their job to Robson if they finish 3rd by the way?

I think some still think we will be able to secure a sure fire thing.  when it’s not going to happen.  Guys like Knutsen will command £20k+ per week.  

Every single one of our options will be a gamble.  

Edited by kingantti1874

gorgierulesapply88
8 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

Win every game until the end of the season? And you'd still be a no?

The Hogfather

No point discussing it until the end of season. Today was absolutely brilliant but County are bottom of the league. Let’s see how we do against better opposition. 

David McCaig
12 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Yaismith, Naismith or Mehsmith 😎

MoncurMacdonaldMercer

too early but encouraging signs - needs to get 3rd and a bit extra (eg style / bring in youngsters / get a result in glasgow type-thing) to automatically get the job 

if he does quite well and gets 3rd or4th he’s welcome to apply for the job like everyone else

will be accused of down-playing neilsons achievements but when we horsed aberdeen 5-0 I didn’t think we played that well - seemed to just score every time we attacked without looking anything special

we looked pretty good today well worth a 6-1

coatbridgejambo
7 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Yeah well beating both OF would probably change my mind but that ain't happening.just want experience.

Doctor FinnBarr
6 minutes ago, gorgierulesapply88 said:

Would be a no from me (I think). I keep thinking back to how Ole done with Man. Utd whilst interim manager but made a total arse of the job when he got it full time.

coatbridgejambo
15 minutes ago, Fozzyonthefence said:

No. Early manager bounce will end with them.

Really happy with how the team was set up and the directness of play. Oda looking full of confidence which is surely a tribute to Naismith.

kingantti1874
8 minutes ago, Cruyff said:

If he gets 3rd and we play like this for the rest of the season then he gets the job. 

👍 that's the only point I was trying to make.  That's how we all want us to play 

1 minute ago, kingantti1874 said:

👍 that's the only point I was trying to make.  That's how we all want us to play 

Exactly and if it happens, there should be no complaints. 

Jambof3tornado
36 minutes ago, coatbridgejambo said:

This. By all means keep him at the club but we cant afford to appoint the wrong guy,and naismith for now is the wrong guy 

43 minutes ago, GinRummy said:

Wins every remaining game handsomely. 

NAIIISSSY OOOOOTTTT!!!!1!!11

We just need to match the sheeps results and beat them at Tynie. If deidco beat them tomorrow of course.

What today has proved is the players are capable of playing direct front foot attacking football, in fact they look more comfortable playing like that than a Neilson style. Yes Naisy has provided the platform for them to do so, but let’s imagine for a minute we set our sights on an experienced manager with the same philosophy who when things are getting sticky he’s got that experience to dig us out. Naisy as coach by all means and a guarantee of the managers job when it becomes available but as rookies go Naismith is absolutely that, we can’t afford to let him spend in the summer and it turns to shite and he can’t dig us out.

He had us playing exactly how we've all been asking for months. Aggressive, pressing and relentless.  He might not get it, but I've not enjoyed a game like that for a long time.

It also shows Robbie up in a poor light as he never trusted the players to be that free.

More performances like that and he'll clearly have a chance. Folk saying no regardless is mental.

doctor jambo

Naismith was always the plan, from the get go.

He has been jumped in early , not he was always going to be our manager , deal with it 

53 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Everyone's missing the point that Ross County were absolutely honking too we never had to work for those goals 

Could say that was also down to the tactics and energy of our play though.

Let’s see how it goes. Today was very promising.

It might be too early for him permanently.

But it also might be the start of a fantastic managers career. 
looking forward to it unfolding, especially if he can get more performances like today . 

10 minutes ago, OTT said:

I think if he finishes 3rd somehow, then there will be a conversation to have. 

indeed. What’s apparent is how important Ginelly is as well. Huge player for us . Well done SN for today that’s for sure

57 minutes ago, rory78 said:

Everyone's missing the point that Ross County were absolutely honking too we never had to work for those goals 

😅 we created about 30 chances today. To put that all down to them being poor is some going.

Also to say we never had to work is not true. Some of the goals were brilliantly worked.

Edited by Bob Loblaw

56 minutes ago, rory78 said:

I'd disagree, Ross County were shite, but we executed the game plan exceptionally well and were in the driving seat from the word go. Versus the Aberdeen game where we scored but it all seemed against the run of play. 

KyleLafferty

He’s a managerial appointment too soon. I’d like him to be assistant to whoever the new guy is. Then when he Leaves he gets his chance.

Batistuta87
2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

We won’t win 6-1 every week but if the application, effort and style is like that then it’s naisy’s job. 

Let's see how the remaining games go but if this is what we're going to get on a regular basis then bring it on. Conscious that it was the bottom side we played today but it really was excellent to watch and easily could have been 10-1.