Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

47 minutes ago, spirt of 98 said:

Not read this whole thread. Just a few posts. My thoughts are Naismith as Head Coach with an experienced Director of Football for running the club. Naismith learns from the DOF how to run a club. This appeals to me. 

DOF first thoughts Levein would never work given his recent history. JJ to old. 

How about John Robertson DOF? Now he knows how to run a club. He’s a Hearts man and I am sure he would not get involved in Naismith decisions unless asked. 

Make this happen! 

We already have a director of football/sporting director

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

9 hours ago, Rocky jamboa said:

I'd just like to add, the Robbie lovers looking mightily stupid with the difference Stevie has made. Has that Smith's right boot disappeared??? Should have got shot of neilson a long time ago. I.e. Brora 

I'm not sticking up for the boot here but the "Robbie lovers", certainly me, give full backing to whoever the manager is. Robbie was in charge so he got my support, Naismith is now in charge so he gets my support. The next guy will get it too.

2 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nope. The NEXT  Michael Carrick or Kjell Knutsen please!!  These boys were not established managers before they took their current club and a few on here would be frothing in their knickers if we were to appoint either (forgetting for a second totally unrealistic)

As other have said Naisy has a wee bit to do yet but if we approach every game like we have left in the same manner as we have the last 2 why on earth would we look anywhere else.

The players have clearly responded as well.   I’d take that before an expensive vanity appointment 

Yep I agree. Not saying SN is the man but he certainly has the right attitude and outlook for me. It might be too early for him but he shouldn’t be ruled out because of some made up experience excuse. 

17 minutes ago, graygo said:

I'm not sticking up for the boot here but the "Robbie lovers", certainly me, give full backing to whoever the manager is. Robbie was in charge so he got my support, Naismith is now in charge so he gets my support. The next guy will get it too.

Crazy! Hearts fan supporting Hearts manager who on the whole done a good job. 

Agentjambo
3 hours ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nope. The NEXT  Michael Carrick or Kjell Knutsen please!!  These boys were not established managers before they took their current club and a few on here would be frothing in their knickers if we were to appoint either (forgetting for a second totally unrealistic)

As other have said Naisy has a wee bit to do yet but if we approach every game like we have left in the same manner as we have the last 2 why on earth would we look anywhere else.

The players have clearly responded as well.   I’d take that before an expensive vanity appointment 

I asked the other day but you didn’t reply,who is realistic?apart from Naismith.

the posh bit
11 hours ago, Carter said:

You a bit miffed that Neilson is gone? 

Not hugely, no. 

I'm a bit concerned at the aftermath though however if you are really pleased that well-paid professional players are actually starting to try a bit now then crack on. 👍

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, graygo said:

So you’ll overlook any shortcomings the manager might have. Maybe even deny they exist or excuse them ? That’s what the Neilson lovers did. Worked out well didn’t it ?

I’ll support a Hearts manager who is doing a good/great job. Anything less than that and he has to go and he’ll rightly not have the support with him for long.

Robbie was doing a lesser job at club than naisy was and robbies record has been decent just eye bleeding football at times and his luck seemed to run out . Boyce gordon bennie halket being out did not help . So naisy is ahead of robbie. We are in a good situation naisy has 3 games to prove his worth . Draw for sheep and hibs and win for us mini cup final at home v sheep . Over to you Naisy and players. Wish him good luck hope he pulls it of.

Andrew Gilbert Wauchope
15 minutes ago, jtkb said:

Robbie was doing a lesser job at club than naisy was and robbies record has been decent just eye bleeding football at times and his luck seemed to run out . Boyce gordon bennie halket being out did not help . So naisy is ahead of robbie. We are in a good situation naisy has 3 games to prove his worth . Draw for sheep and hibs and win for us mini cup final at home v sheep . Over to you Naisy and players. Wish him good luck hope he pulls it of.

Four games to go - St Mirren, Aberdeen, Rangers, Hibs.

Gers is a free hit at least if we give it a go i will be a happy man. There home record is brilliant only thing in our favour Rangers after celtic game will be on holiday mode and guys leaving will not risk injury. 

1874robbo

All managers need to start somewhere and that includes the ones who are the best.

who is to say Naismith won’t go on to be a brilliant manager?

after watching us after 2 games( I don’t count the Hibs game as he only had 3 training sessions to work with them before the game) signs are very positive.

I would give him the gig if we can keep performance levels like this until the end of the season.

kingantti1874
1 hour ago, the posh bit said:

Not hugely, no. 

I'm a bit concerned at the aftermath though however if you are really pleased that well-paid professional players are actually starting to try a bit now then crack on. 👍

There is an element of that. I think they were badly coached, stifled by the old manager as well.

Look at Alex Cochrane.  Neilson fell.out with him and wasn't even giving him a game. 

stevie1874
1 hour ago, JimmyCant said:

So you’ll overlook any shortcomings the manager might have. Maybe even deny they exist or excuse them ? That’s what the Neilson lovers did. Worked out well didn’t it ?

I’ll support a Hearts manager who is doing a good/great job. Anything less than that and he has to go and he’ll rightly not have the support with him for long.

Absolutely spot on. 

2 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Not hugely, no. 

Calm down dear. 

2 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

"Neilson lovers"  it's shite like that that makes it difficult to engage with folk like you so I'll not even try.

2 hours ago, jtkb said:

Seriously? Naismith has been in charge for 3 games, he's won one against the team at the bottom of the league and lost the other two. In what way is that ahead of Robbie's record?

That's not me knocking Naismith, I hope he is a huge success with us.

JimmyCant
2 minutes ago, graygo said:

"Neilson lovers"  it's shite like that that makes it difficult to engage with folk like you so I'll not even try.

It wasn’t that hard a question really. Do you support a manager no matter the results he’s producing ?

JimmyCant
2 hours ago, jtkb said:

Gers is a free hit at least if we give it a go i will be a happy man. There home record is brilliant only thing in our favour Rangers after celtic game will be on holiday mode and guys leaving will not risk injury. 

It’s hardly a free hit. We’ll probably have to go there and take at least a point.

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

It wasn’t that hard a question really. Do you support a manager no matter the results he’s producing ?

You never asked me that question regardless of whether it was hard or not but I'll humour you, no I wouldn't support a manager no matter the results he's producing. Robbie Neilson was nowhere near the level required for me to demand his removal until exactly the time the board acted and he got emptied at the right time 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, graygo said:

You never asked me that question regardless of whether it was hard or not but I'll humour you, no I wouldn't support a manager no matter the results he's producing. Robbie Neilson was nowhere near the level required for me to demand his removal until exactly the time the board acted and he got emptied at the right time 

He got emptied far too late as proven by the fact that third place if fecked

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s very little on which to justify giving Naismith the job.

Not results wise but the performances have looked better.

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He got emptied far too late as proven by the fact that third place if fecked

So we should have emptied him before third place was fecked? Aye ok then.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, graygo said:

Not results wise but the performances have looked better.

Undoubtedly but in no way will this be a big enough sample of games to take a punt.

You know this board though. They’ll be loving the idea of a cheap option which doesn’t rock the boat 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

So we should have emptied him before third place was fecked? Aye ok then.

We should have had the foresight to see what was coming 

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, graygo said:

So you were fine supporting and backing him after the results at Motherwell Kilmarnock and Aberdeen when it was becoming apparent to everyone that he had completely lost the thread. Only after St Mirren did it occur to you that he might not deserve your previously unquestionable solid support and your 100% backing

Impressed by what I've seen so far from Naismith. Next two games are massive for him, but the aggression we played with yesterday and the way we went out there to be positive from the word go was very pleasing. You could see how it lifted the atmosphere as well. But for a terrible decision for the red card we'd probably have got something from that game.

JimmyCant
15 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

There’s very little on which to justify giving Naismith the job.

I’d say he has no chance of getting it unless he conjures up 3rd from where we are now, and even then he’s not a shoe in for it.

If he’d had a couple of more games…….. but alas we’ll never know as we sacked Robbie too late when the writing was on the wall, as you rightly said

Edited by JimmyCant

11 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

We should have had the foresight to see what was coming 

That's not foresight, it's hindsight.

8 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

So you were fine supporting and backing him after the results at Motherwell Kilmarnock and Aberdeen when it was becoming apparent to everyone that he had completely lost the thread. Only after St Mirren did it occur to you that he might not deserve your previously unquestionable solid support and your 100% backing

Yes. Well done, you got there. 👍 

See the bit in bold? Do you know what that means?

Edited by graygo

JimmyCant
Just now, graygo said:

Yes. Well done, you got there. 👍

Cheers. Confirms a couple of things 👍

1 minute ago, JimmyCant said:

Cheers. Confirms a couple of things 👍

Sorry, I edited my post and would hate to think that you missed it.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, graygo said:

That's not foresight, it's hindsight.

Give over, loads of people could see that the football was pish and results were in decline.

Pockets of denial on here, like, but only from the usual suspects 

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Give over, loads of people could see that the football was pish and results were in decline.

Whatever, it's been done to death.

JimmyCant
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

He’s in pain because he spent the best part of 3 weeks slaughtering Hearts fans who had the ‘foresight’ to see where this was ending up

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, JimmyCant said:

He’s in pain because he spent the best part of 3 weeks slaughtering Hearts fans who had the ‘foresight’ to see where this was ending up

Not the only one either 

2 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

Deary me. That's pathetic mate. Keep your hatred for supporters of other teams.

Watt-Zeefuik
3 hours ago, JimmyCant said:

Stirring up shit about Neilson at this point in the season really should start getting flagged for trolling. Seriously.

FFS folk had different opinions on how we were doing, nobody was "overlooking shortcomings," folk were evaluating the shortcomings against the (rather numerous) successes and coming to different conclusions.

At the end there was near unanimity about it and bringing this up now is an absolute dick move. Come on, Jimmy, do better.

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, graygo said:

Deary me. That's pathetic mate. Keep your hatred for supporters of other teams.

A wasted and over reactive emotion for anything connected to football mate, especially a football forum nonentity

JimmyCant
1 minute ago, Led Tasso said:

Stirring up shit about Neilson at this point in the season really should start getting flagged for trolling. Seriously.

FFS folk had different opinions on how we were doing, nobody was "overlooking shortcomings," folk were evaluating the shortcomings against the (rather numerous) successes and coming to different conclusions.

At the end there was near unanimity about it and bringing this up now is an absolute dick move. Come on, Jimmy, do better.

And yet here you are trolling with your ‘dick move’ statement 

Watt-Zeefuik
Just now, JimmyCant said:

And yet here you are trolling with your ‘dick move’ statement 

Nevermind, I should have put you on ignore a year ago. Off you go.

JimmyCant
5 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Nevermind, I should have put you on ignore a year ago. Off you go.

Oh no !! please don’t. I’ll miss your terrific insight 🤔

Watt-Zeefuik

Regarding Naismith, no harm in having running opinions about it, but this week seems like the absolute worst week possible to actually come to a decision about it. The most important match of the season is this weekend. Ideally we need to not just beat Aberdeen but to truly break them so that we can gain a critical two more points over them on the last three. This is a tough job for Naismith and how he goes about trying to make it happen will say as much about his status here as whether he succeeds or not.

At the end of the season, he'll have a CV to present that includes the run in to this season. Other candidates will have applied and have a similar resume. If he wins four on the bounce and gets us third but Graham Potter applies, I'm probably taking Potter, but if he goes 2W1D1L and misses third by a point, but the other options are Malky Mackay and Mark Warburton, I'll probably take Naisy.

JimmyCant
4 minutes ago, Led Tasso said:

Regarding Naismith, no harm in having running opinions about it, but this week seems like the absolute worst week possible to actually come to a decision about it. The most important match of the season is this weekend. Ideally we need to not just beat Aberdeen but to truly break them so that we can gain a critical two more points over them on the last three. This is a tough job for Naismith and how he goes about trying to make it happen will say as much about his status here as whether he succeeds or not.

At the end of the season, he'll have a CV to present that includes the run in to this season. Other candidates will have applied and have a similar resume. If he wins four on the bounce and gets us third but Graham Potter applies, I'm probably taking Potter, but if he goes 2W1D1L and misses third by a point, but the other options are Malky Mackay and Mark Warburton, I'll probably take Naisy.

Brilliant insight once again, except we don’t play Aberdeen this weekend 😂

26 minutes ago, JimmyCant said:

A wasted and over reactive emotion for anything connected to football mate, especially a football forum nonentity

There you go again, save it for other team's supporters chief. 👍

kingantti1874
7 hours ago, spirt of 98 said:

Not read this whole thread. Just a few posts. My thoughts are Naismith as Head Coach with an experienced Director of Football for running the club. Naismith learns from the DOF how to run a club. This appeals to me. 

DOF first thoughts Levein would never work given his recent history. JJ to old. 

How about John Robertson DOF? Now he knows how to run a club. He’s a Hearts man and I am sure he would not get involved in Naismith decisions unless asked. 

Make this happen! 

we have a director of football 😂

Just give him the job seen enough to suggest he is going to do very well. 
Once he brings in his 4-5 players we are going to do well. 

Naismith will have a very good management career. 

Would give him a 2 year deal . His commitment to the club is unquestionable he knows us inside out.

jamboinglasgow
1 hour ago, Led Tasso said:

I am still cautious to give Naismith the job at the moment, I think he is doing well and is doing what we want with the team, but as you say we have to see all possible candidates, as we have to make the right choice here. I also always fear the danger of an inexperienced caretaker who gets a good run as players respond from wanting last manager sacked, the caretaker gets it and then results fall away.