• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Nerja Jambo
12 minutes ago, merseyjambo said:

What sort of money do you think we will pay a manager and what sort of manager do you think we can get for that money 

I've said this many times, we pay into FOH £1.5 million pa. What is it used for? We agreed that the club could use it as it saw fit. Put 50% of that + what we would normally pay and we could employ way above what we usually would. As to who that would be, (a) that is what JS is paid for and (b) I don't know who has applied and what their wage demands are. 

It's a YES from me.....

If we don't give Naisy the gig, he'll get offers elsewhere & probably do rather well, we would regret it, tbh

Nerja Jambo
16 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Who would you appoint ?

Who exactly is this mistery manegerial maverick that will come in and have big fat ange and wee beale in his back pocket 

2 clubs in Scotland that are capable of thinking outside the box ...deluded 

2 clubs in Scotland that have infinite resources and dominate the game due to it .....

hee haw to do with thinking out the box 

That is about as childish an argument as you can get. At what point did I say they would have Ange and Beale in his back pocket. Where? We thought outside the box with Cathro, didn't work out, but at least they tried. Resources have nothing to do with re the OF as we are never going to challenge them. So you're quite happy given the resources we have to take the easy option, over and over again. See also my point in another post re the FOH money, wtf do they actually do with it now. 

merseyjambo
20 minutes ago, Nerja Jambo said:

I've said this many times, we pay into FOH £1.5 million pa. What is it used for? We agreed that the club could use it as it saw fit. Put 50% of that + what we would normally pay and we could employ way above what we usually would. As to who that would be, (a) that is what JS is paid for and (b) I don't know who has applied and what their wage demands are. 

So you’re suggesting we pay a manager about 10k a week, which is more than our best players. Not sure if you’re serious or daft.

At no club I know is a manager on better money than their best players. 

We do that and the dressing room unrest will pull the club apart.

I’d be surprised if we’re paying more than half that a week.

Thats not penny pinching but you start offering the manager that sort of money, the players then want it.

Tom Hardy’s Dug

I’d really like him to be assistant to a more experienced manager that will stay for around 2 years and then handover to him.

I think that’s my ideal scenario.

So it’s a Kitkat but also with a Yorkie first.

Nerja Jambo
1 minute ago, merseyjambo said:

So you’re suggesting we pay a manager about 10k a week, which is more than our best players. Not sure if you’re serious or daft.

At no club I know is a manager on better money than their best players. 

We do that and the dressing room unrest will pull the club apart.

I’d be surprised if we’re paying more than half that a week.

Thats not penny pinching but you start offering the manager that sort of money, the players then want it.

You get what you pay for. If reports are correct re some of those applying then their agent has a very good idea of what we are prepared to pay and that is a hell of a lot more than 5k per week. Not daft , just showing some ambition which sadly the club and many on here lack, hence our continual failure like this season. Goal was to finish 3rd, failed. Goal was to finish nearer Rangers, failed, but let's just ditter along frightened of what may happen. You don't know what would happen, I don't know what would happen, but at least let's try for once.

Nerja Jambo
2 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

I’d really like him to be assistant to a more experienced manager that will stay for around 2 years and then handover to him.

I think that’s my ideal scenario.

So it’s a Kitkat but also with a Yorkie first.

Mine as well.

Hearts1975
1 hour ago, Nerja Jambo said:

That is about as childish an argument as you can get. At what point did I say they would have Ange and Beale in his back pocket. Where? We thought outside the box with Cathro, didn't work out, but at least they tried. Resources have nothing to do with re the OF as we are never going to challenge them. So you're quite happy given the resources we have to take the easy option, over and over again. See also my point in another post re the FOH money, wtf do they actually do with it now. 

Well, that's about as big a contradictive argument as you can get. 

You said it yourself, "we thought out the box with Cathro before, but it didn't work out" 

But at least we tried. 

So, we are probably better off, not trying, as there is no guarantee if it's out the box thinking it will work anyway 

So, back to the original point re Naismith. 

Based on the way we are playing and setting up to have a go, who exactly are you thinking about and when it comes to another manager ?

I don't necessarily have an issue with anyone saying that we can do "better".

What I have an issue with is with those that say we can do "better" but can't put forward one logical name, in defence of what they are saying. 

I mean, if you know you can get better then you must also know this, through knowing who the person would be and therefore why they would be better

Surely 

Edited by Hearts1975

merseyjambo
2 minutes ago, Hearts1975 said:

Well, that's about as big a contradictive argument as you can get. 

You said it yourself, "we thought out the box with Cathro before, but it didn't work out" 

But at least we tried. 

So, we are probably better off, not trying, as there is no guarantee if it's out the box thinking it will work anyway 

So, back to the original point re Naismith. 

Based on the way we are playing and setting up to have a go, who exactly are you thinking about and when it comes to another manager ?

I won't have an issue with anyone saying that we can do "better". What I have an issue with is with those that say we can do "better" but can't put forward one logical name, in defence of what they are saying. 

I mean, if you know you can get better then you must also know this, through knowing who the person would be 

Surely 

Or realistic name. Most hide behind ‘we don’t know who’s applied’. 

Surely if we’re ‘ambitious’ then we would look at targeting someone who is already in a job. 

I’d also argue that Cathro was not an outside the box appointment. He was someone CL had tried to get involved at the club and was someone CL clearly thought was capable.

The outside the box appointment was Stendal. Foreign coach, no previous connection to Scottish football, played football in a different style. That was outside the box thinking.

The only outside the box with Cathro is he’d never played football at any sort of level.

south morocco
6 minutes ago, doctor jambo said:

I like him- he’s mental

Sevco fans hate him because he walked away😀😀😀

TyphoonJambo
1 hour ago, Agentjambo said:

Marti Cifuentes into 3/1 from 25’s.

Who?

jamboinglasgow
2 hours ago, Agentjambo said:

Marti Cifuentes into 3/1 from 25’s.

Had a look and now its down to 6/4. I am sceptical about using betting odds to suggest something will happen as its normally a reaction to how much money is being bet on an option. So certainly seems that someone (or a number of people) are putting money on him (though I imagine the betting market for Hearts manager is not that big, so it wouldn't take much money to drastically shift the odds.)

Would say Naismith currently have odds of 1/1

Edited by jamboinglasgow

TyphoonJambo

I'd give him the job simply because he's already under the midgets skin.

BackOfTheNet

Don’t know why, but Hearts official accounts sharing Smith saying the club would be in good hands if Naismith gets the gig (amongst other things of course) kinda tells me it’s going to happen. But I could of course be reading far too much into it.

• 3 months later...
On 25/05/2023 at 13:00, Luckies1874 said:

Lol at some of the hyperbole over the last few weeks performances. A bit more positive, aye, a wee bit more attack minded, aye, winning at home, aye, shite away from home, aye. Big whoops.

Incredible how OTT some are going. And I say this as someone, probably amongst the most fervent on here, in my wishes for Neilson to be booted down Gorgie Road. You'd think Naismith was the second coming of Jose the way some are talking when in reality so far the best I can say is i) he's not Robbie Neilson and ii) holds him in equal disdain as I do!! :rofl:

:kirk:

What a huge surprise this all is.