Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

Bazzas right boot
45 minutes ago, RedStarRiot said:

I hate the they were rotten so don't get carried away chat.

They were so bad BECAUSE we were so good. We had a threat in both wide areas which ensured they couldn't just focus on McKay. Shankland could drop deep, Gino had a lot of freedom. 

Ross County set up initially with a highline likely expecting us to pass out from the back and play Neilson ball so they could press up up the pitch and wait for mistakes. Teams have had a lot of success doing that against us in recent months. 

We played a lot more direct and I don't think they expected that or factor in that Oda would bring pace and trickery to the to the other flank which helped McKay big time.

You can agree with all that but also not get carried away.

County set up 442 yesterday and we utterly destroyed them, it was fantastic. 

We've generally been good at home tho and played even better yesterday. 

Our persistent issues have been away from home and v teams that play 5 in the middle.

It's OK to say we were brilliant yesterday,  Ross county were literally swiping at the ball and missing it tho and we're terrible and although great let's not get carried away and be handing out jobs right now!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Sibbick hit a daft shot from 30 yards when we were 4-0 up, Naismith was (rightly) pure ragin'.

SN clearly sees the game differently to RN, thank **** for that.

Just now, Armageddon said:

Sibbick hit a daft shot from 30 yards when we were 4-0 up, Naismith was (rightly) pure ragin'.

I noticed that too. Wasn’t happy :rofl: 

9 minutes ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mind when we were 10 nil up against cowdenbeath and neilson told the players to stop scoring? 😂

I remember how the Hibs.nut bristled with indignation.

"Hertz wur unprofessional winning 10-0". 😁

21 minutes ago, Armageddon said:

Yeah, something which might be a good acid test is how Naismith deals with adversity. Plenty of winners do well at pointing the finger everywhere else when they lose and I think, with how tough the games are, the players and hopefully the board should get a good impression of how Naismith is with adversity. If he copes well and can keep morale up whilst avoiding any drubbings then I think he should be in with a fair shout of the job. 

The board have an extremely difficult decision to make at the end of the season with Naismith. Do they back him, and see what he can do? Or do they pass him over for an external appointment?

Based on what we saw against County, I'm liking him. But the big test is now that he appears to have got the players closer to playing how he wants them, can he beat an evenly matched team in Aberdeen & Hibs? Taking apart a tough to beat St Mirren team as well is going to be a tall order too. If he can do it, I think we have our man. Not going to get much tougher games and if he builds a strong rapport with the players, then I don't see a reason to change things. 

Fort Vallance

Losing a derby in his first game was about as good a test of adversity as you'll get. Come back strongly but its still early days.

Going out and pumping the bottom side at Tynecastle should be standard for Hearts. Whether it be 3 or 6 we should be winning comfortably. 

The real test for Naismith is when we are against teams that require a genuine game plan. Going away to Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic etc. We can't just go into those games and throw caution to the wind and attack like we did against County. If we do that we'll get hammered.

So as far as I'm concerned, even though the performance levels were fantastic, Naismith hasn't proven anything yet.

20 hours ago, RedStarRiot said:

Do players who were forwards as managers generally have more attacking teams as managers? 

I do not think so really . Bit of a popular myth actually . I can not remember who it was that said it but one former defender turned manager said he was the opposite because he remembered how he struggled against some types of attacking play , that is what he tried to get his teams to play like 

If we maintain that quality of performance then Naismith has to be a big contender.  Don't let anyone play that off as just a game against bottom side, that was the most exciting performance from a Hearts team in years.

If Naismith has us playing fast attacking football like Saturday then I wouldn't be against him getting next season. He's going to be a top manager with experience I think, he a an infectious character as well and has a real drive about him. Don't underestimate the will to win, he's had taste of success in his career and will want to absolutely be a top manager in his own right. Massive 5 games for him and the club. It will be really interesting to see how he sets us up against the OF in the post split matches. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie

Really is about these next 5 games. Clearly with a whole week to work with the players made a difference. See when the fixtures come out, pity there are no Motherwell or Kilmarnock away games now, this is where I would gauge the potential of a Hearts manager. Instead likely to be 2 aways in Glasgow against teams who are basically done for the League season, if it goes badly in those 2, less likely.

Playing that way at home, we are likely to murder most teams, easy to say only Ross County, but they did have narrowly the 3rd best defensive record. They started the game doggedly, 2-0 down they wilted, like most teams do after a fast start, same 2nd half, started doggedly again, nearly scored, then the tempo rises. As an audition, very good, expect the same tempo in the 3 home games, the same amount of goals, definitely unlikely against teams with stronger midfields.

The sample set is not going to be complete, all he can do is keep momentum going for 5 games, even if it is 4th then everything that can be done has, 30 shots is not a bad way to begin

On 22/04/2023 at 23:18, db211833 said:

Do your research ya mug

What the **** does this even mean? 

:rofl:

:vladstupid:

The real test for Naismith is conning a group of Chicken Hearted Shitebags to run through brick walls for him and the badge on a consistent basis.

Unfortunately i think we'll see much the same as before, especially away from home.

If Naisy cracks a few heads together they'll just down tools as before imo.

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

What the **** does this even mean? 

:rofl:

:vladstupid:

Best defence in the league outside of Rangers and Celtic prior to Saturday.

57 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Best defence in the league outside of Rangers and Celtic prior to Saturday.

Then maybe say that, instead of "do your research" which could mean absolutely anything. 

Watt-Zeefuik
17 hours ago, Greedy Jambo said:

Mind when we were 10 nil up against cowdenbeath and neilson told the players to stop scoring? 😂

By the time we had 9, Cowdenbeath clearly knew we were going for 10 and their keeper just watched #10 roll in without even diving for it, probably figuring it was best to just get it over with.

Watt-Zeefuik

As for Naisy, I refused to get too down about the derby and I refuse to get to high about this one. Five titanic games await, none bigger than the game against Aberdeen. We've already seen the OF start to take the foot off the accelerator so those games may be more in play than we usually might think.

County got discouraged after we rolled over them a bit. Not every team will do that. Let's see how Naisy responds when a team makes an adjustment to our attack and starts to reverse the flow.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
5 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Really is about these next 5 games. Clearly with a whole week to work with the players made a difference. See when the fixtures come out, pity there are no Motherwell or Kilmarnock away games now, this is where I would gauge the potential of a Hearts manager. Instead likely to be 2 aways in Glasgow against teams who are basically done for the League season, if it goes badly in those 2, less likely.

Playing that way at home, we are likely to murder most teams, easy to say only Ross County, but they did have narrowly the 3rd best defensive record. They started the game doggedly, 2-0 down they wilted, like most teams do after a fast start, same 2nd half, started doggedly again, nearly scored, then the tempo rises. As an audition, very good, expect the same tempo in the 3 home games, the same amount of goals, definitely unlikely against teams with stronger midfields.

The sample set is not going to be complete, all he can do is keep momentum going for 5 games, even if it is 4th then everything that can be done has, 30 shots is not a bad way to begin

Why would the gauge for a potential Hearts manager be bottom six teams?

Lord Beni of Gorgie
7 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Why would the gauge for a potential Hearts manager be bottom six teams?

Away form in games we should win but regularly dont, likely costing us 3rd place. How we approach these games, not the only gauge, would have been useful to understand before we appoint him, as I think will happen.

Jambo in Bathgate
5 hours ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

The first thing any new Hearts manager must do is improve our away form. This has cost us dear this year. Although we have not been that great in past seasons either. Picking up more points away from home is a must. 

Lord Beni of Gorgie
6 minutes ago, Jambo in Bathgate said:

The first thing any new Hearts manager must do is improve our away form. This has cost us dear this year. Although we have not been that great in past seasons either. Picking up more points away from home is a must. 

Derby with no prep and quite possibly 2 OF away games not best barometer, point I was making not very well!

1 hour ago, tian447 said:

Then maybe say that, instead of "do your research" which could mean absolutely anything. 

Maybe don't go spouting off about a great result without checking your facts.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
53 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Away form in games we should win but regularly dont, likely costing us 3rd place. How we approach these games, not the only gauge, would have been useful to understand before we appoint him, as I think will happen.

No. FFS. You sound like the sort that would cream themselves if we got Robinson.

Games against the top 6 home or away should be our gauge. 

Are you a hobo?

In this respect I was dismayed to hear Naismith say (paraphrasing) “getting decent balls into the box especially at home” is key.

“Especially at home” - no. We shouldn’t treat home and away games in this league much differently. I hate that attitude i.e. that it might be more difficult to get balls into the box away from home in the SPL. Jeez.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

Unknown user
6 minutes ago, db211833 said:

It wasn't him 🤪 

Anyway, people can't guess what you're getting at

Tom Hardy’s Dug
29 minutes ago, Lord Beni of Gorgie said:

Derby with no prep and quite possibly 2 OF away games not best barometer, point I was making not very well!

Ok, so as Naismith’s agent you want him to have “easier” games to prove himself.

WTAF?

16 hours ago, Bauld said:

Going out and pumping the bottom side at Tynecastle should be standard for Hearts. Whether it be 3 or 6 we should be winning comfortably. 

The real test for Naismith is when we are against teams that require a genuine game plan. Going away to Aberdeen, Rangers, Celtic etc. We can't just go into those games and throw caution to the wind and attack like we did against County. If we do that we'll get hammered.

So as far as I'm concerned, even though the performance levels were fantastic, Naismith hasn't proven anything yet.

100% correct.  However look at our results last season against Dundee and how we've struggled at times this season.  We've occasionally clicked but looking back, I wonder if I had Stockholm syndrome as a lot of the time it was a drag.

Saturday was a massive step in the right direction - it really was.  There was an intent to it.

Unpopular opinion, but I actually thought the first half against Hibs was a good run out too.  We looked more positive than we had for weeks.  Hibs to their credit shut off our attacking in the second half and we shrunk, but there were wee chinks of light.  If that fixture was next week, not last, it'd be very different.

Not gona get carried away and you are totally right, the proof will be in the pudding against the others in the top 6, but last week is what we want from our Hearts, so I see no reason why the team won't be sent out how we expect against these other teams.  Can they pull it off is the thing, right??!

33 minutes ago, db211833 said:

Your original comment wasn't even directed at me ffs :rofl: 

I never "spouted off" about anything other than you posting a completely vague, raging comment at someone else. 

Just now, tian447 said:

Your original comment wasn't even directed at me ffs :rofl: 

I never "spouted off" about anything other than you posting a completely vague, raging comment at someone else. 

Okay, apologies for suggesting it was you.

Still no idea why you felt the need to get involved.

There was no rage, just calling someone out for suggesting we didn't have to work for our goal against a team that is generally very strong defensively.

Lord Beni of Gorgie
38 minutes ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

No. FFS. You sound like the sort that would cream themselves if we got Robinson.

Games against the top 6 home or away should be our gauge. 

Are you a hobo?

In this respect I was dismayed to hear Naismith say (paraphrasing) “getting decent balls into the box especially at home” is key.

“Especially at home” - no. We shouldn’t treat home and away games in this league much differently. I hate that attitude i.e. that it might be more difficult to get balls into the box away from home in the SPL. Jeez.

What shite are you actually speaking :rofl:

Voices in your head, certainly not what I said, probably the opposite actually. Bit of a moron are ya lad :lol:

gorgierulesapply88

A further 2 weeks to get his ideas drilled in, with a friendly on Friday to further test what he wants. 4 weeks, of full-time training is more than enough time for ideas to be taken on board and I look forward to an unbeaten end to the season.

• 2 weeks later...
Greedy Jambo

I think I was wrong about him, that was a very good performance today, the daft red card decision killed our chances. 

I'm looking forward to seeing how he and the team progress. 

Gordon_1874

11 vs 11 we were brilliant and that performance was all you can ask for against celtic/rangers. It's clear to see he definitely has the players on his side and buying into what he's telling them.

Weonly151

Yeah, Naisy has us playing fast attacking football that is actually very entertaining so far anyway. Its great to watch and he seems to have the players playing with confidence. The difference in McKay,Oda and Hill over the last 2 matches is quite remarkable. Yeah we lost today and never scored but I was very happy with the overall performance and attitude from ever player. 

AlimOzturk

Naismith may go on to be an excellent manager. Maybe even at Hearts one day. However I don’t want the risk atm and want an experienced figure at the helm next season. Not another rookie manager. 

Up until the red card. We were superb. 
High press and caused them numerous problems. 

Unfortunately we were cheated out of a result today 

It’s a tough one as we don’t know the calibre of candidates. He has undoubtedly made us a better team though. Soft yes at the moment, win our last 4 then it’s a definite imo. 

Captain Lithuania
Just now, kila said:

Kind of think he’s worth the risk. Turned our style of play around and it’s what we’ve wanted. 

No thanks. I want an experienced manager. This isn’t a proving ground for inexperienced managers. This is a club with ambition and a support that is unmatched in the UK.

GlasgoJambo

Always liked and defended Robbie but boy did I fear his post match interviews. Naismith in contrast just sounds like an inspiring guy. Has he got the managerial tactical awareness not sure, but he definitely has some managerial nous.

Our performances last two games justifies the sacking of RN…These players were/are far better than we have been seeing this season. 

We were outstanding first 30 mins today and very tough to keep that up for 90 and more so with 10 men.

the fans also responded magnificently with the high pressing style. 

Dennis Reynolds

Not for me. After months of Neilson ball it's obviously a very attractive option after two great performances but we've been subjected to absolute pish for so long that it's always going to seem much better than it actually is.

We need an experienced guy in. No more projects.

HeartsandonlyHearts
8 minutes ago, Lord BJ said:

The time to make the decision is at end of season. He will get an interview but I would be astounded if we didn’t have better options. 

3 points from 9 is not the good enough tbqfhwy either. He’s beat Ross County at home, that it🤷🏻‍♂️

🙄

HeartsandonlyHearts
3 minutes ago, Captain Lithuania said:

No thanks. I want an experienced manager. This isn’t a proving ground for inexperienced managers. This is a club with ambition and a support that is unmatched in the UK.

We’ll still be officiated by the same *****.

Pep couldn’t help us change that part.

tiger Rudi

Listened to his after match comments. Very impressed tbh. He speaks well, sounds knowledgeable and has a clear view of how he wants the team to play. He looks the part on the touchline with constant encouragement and positivity. He has the team playing on the front foot, his tactics today were spot on and the players are responding to him. If the performances remain at this level I would be more than happy to give him the job. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

Not for me. After months of Neilson ball it's obviously a very attractive option after two great performances but we've been subjected to absolute pish for so long that it's always going to seem much better than it actually is.

We need an experienced guy in. No more projects.

One very good performance. One ok performance. One woeful performance.

Look even with the biggest maroon goggle on we weren’t “great” today. Competitive for a bit but not great. 

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

stevie1874
13 minutes ago, Gordon_1874 said:

11 vs 11 we were brilliant and that performance was all you can ask for against celtic/rangers. It's clear to see he definitely has the players on his side and buying into what he's telling them.

Agreed, 3rd game in and we’ve lost 2 but the way he has the team on the front foot it’s a yes from me. Crazy that some on here couldn’t see past Neilson.