Naismith In!!!!

kingantti1874

I’m liking Naismith more and more. It’s a shame he never got a go with a few more games left to give himself a proper chance to show what he can do. The difference in our play after just a few weeks is huge. 

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tom Hardy’s Dug

• kingantti1874

• GinRummy

• soonbe110

Jambo in Bathgate
38 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

We werent in their faces in the second half as being a man down changed our game plan to sitting off them in our own half  unlike the pressing in the first period before the A-Hole ref spoiled the match ......mind you, what chance do we have when our two replacement midfielders (second half subs) are Kio and Grant - you bring those two on and you know we are deteriating. 

The sending off of Cochrane (defended and attacked) to us being two offensive players down. As Oda ( He tracked back) was sacrificed to shore up the defence by bringing on Kingsley. Kingsley has had a poor season and never did much going forward. The game plan worked well up until the cheating SFA took a hand. 

the posh bit
1 hour ago, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

One very good performance. One ok performance. One woeful performance.

Look even with the biggest maroon goggle on we weren’t “great” today. Competitive for a bit but not great. 

Please post more on this forum. 👍

It’s clear the players are responding to his instructions. Ultimately the remaining 3 winnable games v Aberdeen, St Mirren and Hibs is where he will be judged.

Still a bit much of a rookie for my liking. He admitted after the game he didn’t know what to do or say regarding an appeal for the red card for example.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, the posh bit said:

Please post more on this forum. 👍

Erm. Ok. 🥶

buzzbomb1958
5 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

I’m liking Naismith more and more. It’s a shame he never got a go with a few more games left to give himself a proper chance to show what he can do. The difference in our play after just a few weeks is huge. 

I think anybody with a knowledge of football could have changed the way we play , you can see the players are looking like they are enjoying their football again, if Wilder is the new manager then Naismith could learn a lot from him ,IMO he’s not quite ready to run a club the size of Hearts

Tom Hardy’s Dug
Just now, liam11 said:

It’s clear the players are responding to his instructions. Ultimately the remaining 3 winnable games v Aberdeen, St Mirren and Hibs is where he will be judged.

Still a bit much of a rookie for my liking. He admitted after the game he didn’t know what to do or say regarding an appeal for the red card for example.

Well, apart from the fact that when he was appointed him and the board said we had 8 cup finals left…

In the meantime Aberdeen beat Rangers at home (we have lost 2 out of 3) which means nothing is in our hands anymore.

😝

Gorgierools
Just now, Tom Hardy’s Dug said:

Well, apart from the fact that when he was appointed him and the board said we had 8 cup finals left…

In the meantime Aberdeen beat Rangers at home (we have lost 2 out of 3) which means nothing is in our hands anymore.

😝

I bet your fun a parties 

1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

I think anybody with a knowledge of football could have changed the way we play , you can see the players are looking like they are enjoying their football again, if Wilder is the new manager then Naismith could learn a lot from him ,IMO he’s not quite ready to run a club the size of Hearts

I’m sort off where you are as well but he has impressed me. 

Tom Hardy’s Dug
1 minute ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

And there is nothing wrong with that at all.

But I hope our club will be ambitious moving forward and not just appoint someone that makes the team perform to the bear minimum of our standards.

soonbe110
1 hour ago, merseyjambo said:

Neither had Celtic until we lost a player. They didn’t even look like scoring. Until that point, we’d definitely had the best of the game. They were unsettled and not getting the chance to play their normal game.

I very much doubt RN would have had us playing with that tempo or going after them from the outset.

Think a Neilson team scored three against them earlier in the season. 

Jambof3tornado
4 minutes ago, buzzbomb1958 said:

Yup,we cant afford a gamble no matter how naisy does in charge.

Tom Hardy’s Dug
6 minutes ago, soonbe110 said:

Yep.

And you can say this (you would have thought) but still accept we wee right in sacking Neilson.

Edited by Tom Hardy’s Dug

HeartsandonlyHearts
57 minutes ago, busbyfth said:

sorry but played three and lost two doesnt as yet count as a top class CV - we'll know more by the end of the month. 

Serious question for you. Name any manager that would have come in after the previous 5 games like Naismith did and with  the answer you have to guarantee we’d have done better. Naismith had less than a week to lift us before a derby. The next week we got what we’ve always wanted. An attacking style. Then he was set up today to fail by a scheduling computer(yeah right) and dodgy officials. Tearing him up for $#!t paper after 3 games is bull$#!t. We’re certainly a fickle bunch.

thegreatsd

Still early days for him and no idea what will happen but always good to keep an open mind. One thing that I thought today was that our team played like Naismith used to play…. Lots of aggression, energy and getting into their faces. Also a mixed bag of passing and shooting but lots of quality generally. Just back in and I’m still a bit raging with that decision that ruined the game. Kind of decision that could cost us millions and potentially Naismith getting the job next season.  Who knows though and time will tell. 

29 minutes ago, Russ1977 said:

Exactly.  That's the best I've see us  playing all season until that c@@t Collum destroyed the game.

bigfatskinnyjambo97

Naismith in. Seen enough now to know that the players clearly respect him and that he's willing to play football the way the majority of us want to see it played. Looks like he could be a brilliant manager with lots of potential.  If someone massive like Neil/Wilder is available then it's big decision to make. However, would love to see him continue to be on the coaching staff of Wilder/Neil get the job! Mon the Hertz 

the posh bit
1 hour ago, liam11 said:

Just seeking clarification from you that the previous match against Hibs, the 1st Cup Final in 7, is a match where Naismith isn't to be judged? 

the posh bit
1 hour ago, HeartsandonlyHearts said:

Serious question for you. Name any manager that would have come in after the previous 5 games like Naismith did and with  the answer you have to guarantee we’d have done better.

Barry Robson? 

4 minutes ago, the posh bit said:

Just seeking clarification from you that the previous match against Hibs, the 1st Cup Final in 7, is a match where Naismith isn't to be judged? 

He had 4 days to prepare for that game. I don’t think a loss to Hibs is acceptable in any circumstances, but it was clear the players reverted to the crap drummed into them by the previous regime for large spells.

Excellent first half-up up until Cochran getting sent off. They really picked up where they left off from the Ross county game up until 65 minutes. 

One thing I now do believe is the next three games are totally winnable. I still think a club of our size needs an experienced manager to take us forward but I am warming very quickly to Naismith. 

We wouldn't be scratching around for points trying to secure third if we had played like this all season. 

the posh bit
27 minutes ago, liam11 said:

He had 4 days to prepare for that game. I don’t think a loss to Hibs is acceptable in any circumstances, but it was clear the players reverted to the crap drummed into them by the previous regime for large spells.

Maybe the players who downed tools under Neilson just thought 3rd place isn't everything, like Naismith? 

I am seriously disappointed with Naismith after Jota collided with him and wiped him out. 

He should have eaten the ****er after that. 

Mhad Nhaismith Ooooht. 

Pasquale for King
49 minutes ago, tian447 said:

I am seriously disappointed with Naismith after Jota collided with him and wiped him out. 

He should have eaten the ****er after that. 

Mhad Nhaismith Ooooht. 

Not sure Jota was the one ahem colliding 😆 

5254E98F-FB85-492F-BDF5-71B146E1926D.jpeg

fabienleclerq

Think we can all see an upturn in performance,  if he beats St mirren Aberdeen and hibs he's in with a shout.

Armageddon

Folk counting Hibs under the Naismith stats 😂 He had 4 days with the poorest coached squad in our lifetime

Who knows if he’s the right man for the job. I guess we’ll get a bit more of an insight after the next four games. 

All I can say though is that in the last two games the team are playing exactly as we would want them to. Pace, aggression, tempo, effort, ambition. That is all we can ask for. 

1 hour ago, Pasquale for King said:

Not sure Jota was the one ahem colliding 😆 

5254E98F-FB85-492F-BDF5-71B146E1926D.jpeg

Mhad Nhaismith Ooooht! :lol:

Serves him right though. 

Pasquale for King
29 minutes ago, tian447 said:

Mhad Nhaismith Ooooht! :lol:

Serves him right though. 

Definitely a yellow card for the George Michael lookalike 🤬🤣

Rocky jamboa

Naismith has made a massive difference since he came in. Its like night and day from what we witnessed under Neilson. Even playing Hill instead of Atkinson was a clever change.

I'd be happy to give him a 1 year contract and see how he does next season. Double his wages if we get 3rd and a bonus if we win a cup. 

Rocky jamboa

I'd just like to add, the Robbie lovers looking mightily stupid with the difference Stevie has made. Has that Smith's right boot disappeared??? Should have got shot of neilson a long time ago. I.e. Brora 

4 hours ago, the posh bit said:

Maybe the players who downed tools under Neilson just thought 3rd place isn't everything, like Naismith? 

You a bit miffed that Neilson is gone? 

heartsfan

TBH I said before I wanted a manager that has never played or managed in Scotland so they are not afraid of The Rangers or Celtic. But gotta admit it .... apart from the Hibs game (where he never really had enough time to change things) Naismith has been a breath of fresh air. If he has us playing like the past 2 games until the end of the season I would have no complaints about him getting the job.

The difference between the way Neilson had the team playing is night and day.

Well done Naisy.

Let's not rush into anything, certainly the last two games have been very impressive for the most part, but there's nothing to be gained from making the appointment before the season has finished.

We'd be having to pay off Snodgrass 2 year deal if some had had their way after his first few games.

merseyjambo
12 hours ago, soonbe110 said:

The same Robbie Neilson who capitulated to the, so meekly after 30 minutes  in a cup tie less than 2 months ago. 

Fact is we played better yesterday until Gollum intervened than we did in the ‘we lost 4-3 to Celtic so give us a trophy for that’ match.

Edited by merseyjambo

merseyjambo

While the jury is still out on Naismith, there have been a lot of positives. 

The one big advantage maybe with him is we learn from mistakes. When we put RN in charge first time round, we put him on a rolling 1 year contract. That way if it didn’t work, we were not having to shell out a lot in compo.

There are no guarantees with someone like Wilder and he’s likely to want a 2 or 3 year deal which leaves us paying someone like we have with CL and RN to be on ‘gardening leave’ until they get another job.

13 hours ago, rory78 said:

Think it's already Chris Wilders gig 

Take this to the bank but it’s 100% not him. 

kingantti1874
33 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Wilder would be a an expensive mistake imo. I don’t get this clamour for experience either. 

Nope. The NEXT  Michael Carrick or Kjell Knutsen please!!  These boys were not established managers before they took their current club and a few on here would be frothing in their knickers if we were to appoint either (forgetting for a second totally unrealistic)

As other have said Naisy has a wee bit to do yet but if we approach every game like we have left in the same manner as we have the last 2 why on earth would we look anywhere else.

The players have clearly responded as well.   I’d take that before an expensive vanity appointment 

Edited by kingantti1874

10 minutes ago, kingantti1874 said:

Nope. The NEXT  Michael Carrick or Kjell Knutsen please!!  These boys were not established managers before they took their current club and a few on here would be frothing in their knickers if we were to appoint either (forgetting for a second totally unrealistic)

As other have said Naisy has a wee bit to do yet but if we approach every game like we have left in the same manner as we have the last 2 why on earth would we look anywhere else.

The players have clearly responded as well.   I’d take that before an expensive vanity appointment 

Exactly.

We’ve been playing exactly the kind of football that makes me want to pay to watch! 
Trying to play forwards, to score and encouraging the players we have to show their skills. The difference in play and consequently in the stands is tangible. 
If that continues, with results of course, I’m all for keeping Naismith on. I have a feeling we might just have landed on our feet at last. 

🤞

Finlay James
Just now, FJT said:

Exactly.

We’ve been playing exactly the kind of football that makes me want to pay to watch! 
Trying to play forwards, to score and encouraging the players we have to show their skills. The difference in play and consequently in the stands is tangible. 
If that continues, with results of course, I’m all for keeping Naismith on. I have a feeling we might just have landed on our feet at last. 

🤞

Agreed.  If Naisy can keep us playing with the same tempo and application and obviously get some results into the bargain, there’s no reason why he can’t be our Carrick/Knutsen.  My caveat would be that we appoint an experienced assistant to join him.

1 minute ago, Finlay James said:

Agreed.  If Naisy can keep us playing with the same tempo and application and obviously get some results into the bargain, there’s no reason why he can’t be our Carrick/Knutsen.  My caveat would be that we appoint an experienced assistant to join him.

👍 I hope that’s how it works out 

TexasAndy

Naismith has got us playing the way we have craved for a long time.  Up the pitch with tempo.  The atmosphere yesterday in first half as we got in about Celtic was great.  The fans are really buying in to this and Naisy is giving himself every chance of at least being seriously considered.  St Mirren away is massive now.  It's the sort of fixture we normally labour in.  If we go in to this with the same gusto and ultimately pick up the points then the Aberdeen game will be rocking.  

spirt of 98

Not read this whole thread. Just a few posts. My thoughts are Naismith as Head Coach with an experienced Director of Football for running the club. Naismith learns from the DOF how to run a club. This appeals to me. 

DOF first thoughts Levein would never work given his recent history. JJ to old. 

How about John Robertson DOF? Now he knows how to run a club. He’s a Hearts man and I am sure he would not get involved in Naismith decisions unless asked. 

Make this happen! 

Heartbeat

I love his passion, kicks every ball and covers his technical area constantly a direct opposite of Neilson. He hasn’t had long and he even said the derby may be coming too soon to for him to make the change required but boy he gave us precisely what we have been screaming for v Ross County then a competent display v Tim’s where we were once again subject to a bad refereeing decision, 

if he does well and hopefully wins again st Mirren hibs and dons plus go to Glasgow and have a go I can’t see past him. Obviously the next four games will shape the management decision but he has all the credentials as a player albeit no first team management experience but what did RN have first time around ? I am right behind him and liking what I see and hear from him 

Rogue Daddy
8 hours ago, heartsfan said:

TBH I said before I wanted a manager that has never played or managed in Scotland so they are not afraid of The Rangers or Celtic. But gotta admit it .... apart from the Hibs game (where he never really had enough time to change things) Naismith has been a breath of fresh air. If he has us playing like the past 2 games until the end of the season I would have no complaints about him getting the job.

The difference between the way Neilson had the team playing is night and day.

Well done Naisy.

Gotta say, this is where I am. We could still end up getting a manager that’s defensive minded… I’d take Naismith ahead of that. If he gets results over the next 4 games (ie doesn’t lose and wins at least a couple) I think he’s definitely in the running and I would be quite happy with him.