• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

• 2 weeks later...

I've just been told that all rail strikes are suspended. 

We've our monthly branch meeting today so I expect Alex Gordon will give us the details

9 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Pointless calling off tomorrow's strike. People will already have changed their travel plans. 

I hate to break it to you but calling off the strikes isn't about saving people's travel plans.

It's merely a gesture of goodwill that's standard when positive talks start.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

I've just been told that all rail strikes are suspended. 

We've our monthly branch meeting today so I expect Alex Gordon will give us the details

Xmas is saved.

:10900:

William H. Bonney
47 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I hate to break it to you but calling off the strikes isn't about saving people's travel plans.

It's merely a gesture of goodwill that's standard when positive talks start.

Well that's not true. They called off the strike on Wednesday due to some pish about poppy day. 

56 minutes ago, William H. Bonney said:

Well that's not true. They called off the strike on Wednesday due to some pish about poppy day. 

Wednesday was also called off for goodwill because of poppy day. It was an oversight that it was even arranged for then.

Edit: We're working people standing up for ourselves, we're not savages.

Edited by IronJambo

• 2 weeks later...
maroonlegions

New strike days for  delivery posties , logistics drivers, processing,  collections . Complete shut down. Nothing moving, nothing sorted or processed. Its now war.

316048050_693726088970591_3581390233213475257_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

34 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

Scotrail RMT members voted by 1210-578 to accept their pay offer.

I find it strange  that 578 voted against their union.

2 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Mark Lynch forget to say he is also one of the ones that still get paid during strikes. Happy to chuck other people salary about though. 🙄

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Mark Lynch forget to say he is also one of the ones that still get paid during strikes. Happy to chuck other people salary about though. 🙄

Not really the point tho man cmon. 
He’s voted in to his position to negotiate for them and they ask him to do the bidding. They can accept the pay offers. They’re rejecting them and he tries to negotiate further. 
It’s more about how these companies and shareholders lose nowt and the public who rely on the services has to pick up the slack and deal with the hassle. 
The way they make it out the bosses are right and the little people are wrong and should get back to work isn’t right. 
Nobody wants the strikes but if the shareholders were losing fortunes they’d show a lot more haste sorting it out I’d bet. 
As it is they can let this run and make the strikers out to be the bad guys. 

47 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Mick Lynch also understands that this isn't just about pay. If we can't show strong intent then we may as well just roll over and lube up.

Can't say I'm delighted to look ahead and be losing two weeks pay in the next two months but it's either that or see thousands of colleagues lose their jobs without a fight.  

4 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Mick Lynch also understands that this isn't just about pay. If we can't show strong intent then we may as well just roll over and lube up.

Can't say I'm delighted to look ahead and be losing two weeks pay in the next two months but it's either that or see thousands of colleagues lose their jobs without a fight.  

Solidarity with you and your colleagues mate

fabienleclerq
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

That's what you took from that video?

Clueless. 

7 hours ago, Dazo said:

What a clown you are. Ignorant as to get the man’s name wrong. Also ignorant to fail to see that his job is to negotiate on behalf of workers, especially during strikes. 

Every day you come on here and spout nonsense. Every day you get shown up as a fool. 

Ffs girls autocorrect done me there. 😘

Anyway the point is no one’s salary is the issue here especially if you are getting paid for calling out others for getting paid. Why shouldn’t the ceo get paid. 🙄

27 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Ffs girls autocorrect done me there. 😘

Anyway the point is no one’s salary is the issue here especially if you are getting paid for calling out others for getting paid. Why shouldn’t the ceo get paid. 🙄

I've read that three times and it still doesn't make sense. Whatever point you were trying to make you make a proper shop front of it.

50 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I've read that three times and it still doesn't make sense. Whatever point you were trying to make you make a proper shop front of it.

Wouldn’t be the first time IJ, it’s a Friday night after all. The point is Mad Mick talking about CEO’s getting paid while strikers aren’t is irrelevant, they are at work doing their job why wouldn’t they get paid ? He is also getting paid while strikers aren’t. 

fabienleclerq
10 hours ago, Dazo said:

Wouldn’t be the first time IJ, it’s a Friday night after all. The point is Mad Mick talking about CEO’s getting paid while strikers aren’t is irrelevant, they are at work doing their job why wouldn’t they get paid ? He is also getting paid while strikers aren’t. 

Watch it again and actually listen to his point,  he's not moaning the ceo gets paid while the strikers strike and he doesn't. 

He's saying no matter what happens the government underwrite the tocs so they literally can't lose. He's attacking the system not the ceo as such.

Edited by fabienleclerq

49 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

Watch it again and actually listen to his point,  he's not moaning the ceo gets paid while the strikers strike and he doesn't. 

He's saying no matter what happens the government underwrite the tocs so they literally can't lose. He's attacking the system not the ceo as such.

He does make that point but doesn’t that make striking even more stupid if it isn’t going to hurt the company ? 

I use the east coast mainline regularly including today so from the outside your striking hurts passengers not the company that pays them. So from a personal point of view you’re a bunch of ***** for once again spoiling my plans, again. 🙄

8 minutes ago, Dazo said:

He does make that point but doesn’t that make striking even more stupid if it isn’t going to hurt the company ? 

I use the east coast mainline regularly including today so from the outside your striking hurts passengers not the company that pays them. So from a personal point of view you’re a bunch of ***** for once again spoiling my plans, again. 🙄

So some of these guys haven't had a pay rise in over 3 years, are losing their terms and conditions plus a few thousand are going to get made redundant and your calling them for everything just cause you can’t get a train? 

Can I ask what you work as? 

fabienleclerq
17 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So whats their options? The companies hands appear tied behind their backs, the government won't let them make agreements. They haven't had pay rises and they want to make redundancies and cut terms and conditions. 

So just carry on?

You've been slightly inconvenienced and instead of blaming the people at the top you decided to blame the workers and feel sorry for the ceo because ML has mentioned he gets paid.

I've no doubt you enjoy plenty conditions fought for by unions at your work.

Edited by fabienleclerq

Jeffros Furios
21 minutes ago, Dazo said:

That's a shame your plans are ruined Daz , how will you cope ?

Is there someone we can call to let them know you're OK :rofl:

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

The company doesn't suffer but the government does. It's the government footing the bill and it's the government that's blocking pay deals (9% was agreed and then vetoed by Hunt very recently).

The more selfish clowns and ignoramuses like you that we "inconvenience" the more pressure we put on the government to fix the mess they've created. 

Boo hoo for your plans, my heart is bleeding for you.

The Real Maroonblood
1 hour ago, IronJambo said:

The company doesn't suffer but the government does. It's the government footing the bill and it's the government that's blocking pay deals (9% was agreed and then vetoed by Hunt very recently).

The more selfish clowns and ignoramuses like you that we "inconvenience" the more pressure we put on the government to fix the mess they've created. 

Boo hoo for your plans, my heart is bleeding for you.

Fair comment l

5 hours ago, Mikey1874 said:

Not sure if this is legal

Quite disgusting but probably legal. Not helpful to anyone. A switched on employee will just take it back on paid sick leave.

On 26/11/2022 at 08:42, Jeffros Furios said:

Not just Dazo though is it? This is impacting people from all walks of life. Needs a solution, hopefully we get one soon.

On 26/11/2022 at 08:42, Jeffros Furios said:

Not ruined Jeffros only initially spoiled. I made the most of it after some alterations to the original plans. Unlike the moaning faced ****ers on strike I’m quite adaptable when faced with such things. 

Just to confirm that Royal Mail workers aren’t striking for better terms and conditions. They are striking to try and save their terms and conditions. The company are trying to rip them to shreds. 

The Real Maroonblood
29 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Just to confirm that Royal Mail workers aren’t striking for better terms and conditions. They are striking to try and save their terms and conditions. The company are trying to rip them to shreds. 

👍

Carl Fredrickson

I am due to take the kids to the Castle of Light on Friday. Living in Midlothian I was thinking of leaving the car at home and going in by train. 

From what I can see there isnt a strike due on Friday however are trains running as normal or is there service disruption just now? 

Would much rather go by train but with two kids any disruption would put me off. 

Thanks in advance 

Shooter McGavin

If you think your train getting cancelled, or your mail being undelivered, is inconvenient,

try taking a pay cut and having your working conditions decimated and see how you feel then 👍🏻

The Real Maroonblood
9 hours ago, Shooter McGavin said:

If you think your train getting cancelled, or your mail being undelivered, is inconvenient,

try taking a pay cut and having your working conditions decimated and see how you feel then 👍🏻

Exactly.

Poor wee souls being inconvenienced.

54 minutes ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Exactly.

Poor wee souls being inconvenienced.

If passengers are down to a fraction of pre-pandemic where is the money coming from for these wage rises?

In the public sector losing money costs jobs let alone bonuses and pay rises.

6 minutes ago, frankblack said:

If passengers are down to a fraction of pre-pandemic where is the money coming from for these wage rises?

In the public sector losing money costs jobs let alone bonuses and pay rises.

Where are the monies coming for for these companies? That's the question you should be asking. WM giving these ***** billions, which goes to shareholders, while the workers lose wages and conditions. It should be nationalised across the UK and the money from tax payers can go on making trains work. And the footfall isn't down, just like everyone isn't woke or offended, but the media and their Government puppet master want us dividend, while they cash in. 

If the people aren't careful, they'll vote themselves into oblivion. Laws putting us back hundreds of years, then we'll wake up and realise we've been ****ed and we actually voted for it to happen. :surprised:

48 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

Where are the monies coming for for these companies? That's the question you should be asking. WM giving these ***** billions, which goes to shareholders, while the workers lose wages and conditions. It should be nationalised across the UK and the money from tax payers can go on making trains work. And the footfall isn't down, just like everyone isn't woke or offended, but the media and their Government puppet master want us dividend, while they cash in. 

If the people aren't careful, they'll vote themselves into oblivion. Laws putting us back hundreds of years, then we'll wake up and realise we've been ****ed and we actually voted for it to happen. :surprised:

Nationalising it doesn't get around the lack of revenue.

Just now, frankblack said:

It does, if the ticket money goes back to the infrastructure and our taxes go into the running of the railways, not the bank accounts of the shareholders. Nationalising it makes us the shareholders.

If all transport was nationalised and everything connected, bus, train, taxi, trams, ferries, we could run the country so much better. 

BT, RM/PO, BP, BR/SR etc... being fully privatised has cost the people of this country (GB) so much in income , jobs, tax revenue and subsidies. Yet their top brass are earning a fortune . But, but these workers :yadayada: 

People need to stop allowing the right-wing newspapers and the government to fill their brain with this pish. If government made the country more successful for all, instead of the few , it would be a better place.

fabienleclerq
16 minutes ago, frankblack said:

At the moment companies are basically guaranteed their profit. The government basically paying them if they don't make a profit normally. 

So by Nationalising it instantly stops these companies taking millions out the system for shareholders which can be reinvested in the railway. 

There's no lack of footfall, peak trains in the morning are quite but overall I think it's busier than it was pre pandemic and the park and rides near me are full again.