National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

FdIJ06lWYAM2bXi-1.thumb.png.556d2ad0e5347e512e65f083614d7205.png

🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

She's absolutely right, the fact that the DfT hasn't made it fit for the future is a failure of Westminster.

Public ownership in itself isn't a silver bullet, other stuff needs to be done by a willing and cooperative government.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

dobmisterdobster
11 minutes ago, Smithee said:

She's absolutely right, the fact that the DfT hasn't made it fit for the future is a failure of Westminster.

Public ownership in itself isn't a silver bullet, other stuff needs to be done by a willing and cooperative government.

There is a lot to unpack here. The pouting selfie, being an MP and not knowing what you a talking about, getting owned by Cameron (first name David?) in the replies. Magnificent.

14 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

There is a lot to unpack here. The pouting selfie, being an MP and not knowing what you a talking about, getting owned by Cameron (first name David?) in the replies. Magnificent.

"Just another reminder that we need to take rail into public ownership and make it fit for the future"

Only doing the first half because the franchisee handed it back and then not doing the second half ticks those boxes does it?

She's right, and you're just a committed Tory apologist.

49 minutes ago, Smithee said:

"Just another reminder that we need to take rail into public ownership and make it fit for the future"

Only doing the first half because the franchisee handed it back and then not doing the second half ticks those boxes does it?

If you think that nationalising the rail network will solve all its ills, then you are living in La La land. I say this as someone who has now worked in the rail industry for Seventeen years.

17 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

If you think that nationalising the rail network will solve all its ills, then you are living in La La land. I say this as someone who has now worked in the rail industry for Seventeen years.

John I said exactly the opposite of that.

dobmisterdobster
1 hour ago, Smithee said:

Network Rail, the infrastructure operator is in public ownership and has been for 20 years.

Overhead wires routinely get damaged by weather and need repairs. That's always going to be the case.

7 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Network Rail, the infrastructure operator is in public ownership and has been for 20 years.

Overhead wires routinely get damaged by weather and need repairs. That's always going to be the case.

She's sitting in a broken down train, and it's a reminder that we need to take rail into public ownership and make it fit for the future 🤷‍♂️

dobmisterdobster
5 minutes ago, Smithee said:

She's sitting in a broken down train, and it's a reminder that we need to take rail into public ownership and make it fit for the future 🤷‍♂️

The train is delayed not broken.

Reminder to do something that has already been done?

3 hours ago, Smithee said:

The train wasn't broken down. There wasn't anything wrong with the train.

The problem was with the OHLE. Overhead line Electric. They can become inoperable if even a plastic bag gets trapped on them. They have 25,000 volts running through them, and as such have to be treated with great care and respect.

2 minutes ago, John Findlay said:

The train wasn't broken down. There wasn't anything wrong with the train.

The problem was with the OHLE. Overhead line Electric. They can become inoperable if even a plastic bag gets trapped on them. They have 25,000 volts running through them, and as such have to be treated with great care and respect.

There was something wrong with the train, it's meant to be in Leeds!

I'm not attacking the train's credibility, it's feelings won't be hurt, it doesn't care of I'm using a general term. If you like I call call it delayed? Or punctuality challenged? 

3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

There was something wrong with the train, it's meant to be in Leeds!

I'm not attacking the train's credibility, it's feelings won't be hurt, it doesn't care of I'm using a general term. If you like I call call it delayed? Or punctuality challenged? 

The train was fine, it was an infrastructure issue. 

The infrastructure like overhead lines etc are maintained by network rail. The trains that run on them are run by tocs, essentially under the dft atm but they are run by private companies still until the dft decides the way forward. 

Regardless your point of fit for the future is the main one👍

Edited by fabienleclerq

• 2 weeks later...

I heard BBC's Ben Wright ask Mick if he was enjoying the limelight too much. Seriously. Threw in the running for charities line, too. 

Mick dealt with it like folks should with the trolls on here.

Edited by Riccarton3

11 minutes ago, manaliveits105 said:

We didn’t deliberately target the London Marathon says Comrade Lynch 

- lying scumbag 🤥 

A Tory calling anyone a scumbag.

maroonlegions
20 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

A Tory calling anyone a scumbag.

He is a fantasist   , like Trust, just can't get his head around the real world. Too busy blaming everyone else ,and calling anyone who shows any human empathy towards those living in hell because of this  government's draconian policies towards the non rich as lefty commies. 

What set of  scumbag/s deliberately makes the poor poorer.  Makes the well off even more wealthy at the expense of those with nowt ??   

5 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

He is a fantasist   , like Trust, just can't get his head around the real world. Too busy blaming everyone else ,and calling anyone who shows any human empathy towards those living in hell because of this  government's draconian policies towards the non rich as lefty commies. 

What set of  scumbag/s deliberately makes the poor poorer.  Makes the well off even more wealthy at the expense of those with nowt ??   

They're trying to make the poor more desperate. And the fear that they will willingly work for peanuts, to keep the wolves from the door. The government empowered wolves. 

England needs a Labour Government. Pronto.

Edited by ri Alban

• 2 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, Mikey1874 said:

Bit of a move from Labour towards supporting the workers.

He is correct. You don't lose £1M a day and all of a sudden its the strike that's the issue. The private company that's running the RM need to own their mismanagement over many years. That's the trouble when we sell off our assets.

Its about time Labour stood up for working people. Its a bit late but its welcome.

New strike days:

Network rail: 3, 5, 7 November

TOCS: 3, 5 November

Edited by IronJambo

3 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

New strike days:

National rail: 3, 5, 7 November

TOCS: 3, 5 November

Good luck 🤞

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

Good luck 🤞

Cheers min. The last of the strikes before our re-ballot I think. I just hope everyone puts crosses in the right boxes or we're all bollocksed.

9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good luck.

I feel like a fraud. I was off sick for most of the summer and I'm on annual leave for the latest dates 

Nucky Thompson
12 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Good luck 🤞

9 hours ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

Good luck.

Obviously don't use the trains to get around :rofl:

The Real Maroonblood
11 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I feel like a fraud. I was off sick for most of the summer and I'm on annual leave for the latest dates 

You shouldn’t as that’s just the way it’s happened.

periodictabledancer
On 14/10/2022 at 12:55, dobmisterdobster said:

Royal Mail has to exist in a market where dozens of other couriers exist are and outperforming them.

Royal Mail has to exist in a market where thousands of self employed couriers can't even take a days holiday UNLESS they have organised a  stand-in to cover for them otherwise courier companies will effectively fine them to pay for it. 

21 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

Cant help being sick, good luck. 

periodictabledancer
9 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't know a single person who even notices when Royal mail go on strike :rofl:

So everyone you know doesn't notice when their mail isn't being delivered ?

That works on so many levels. :rofl:

14 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I don't know a single person who even notices when Royal mail go on strike :rofl:

Yep. Apart from weirdo’s on here who expects mail every day ? Those days are long gone. My postie doesn’t even know the details what they are striking over. 😂

Pay and conditions apparently. 

34 minutes ago, Dazo said:

Yep. Apart from weirdo’s on here who expects mail every day ? Those days are long gone. My postie doesn’t even know the details what they are striking over. 😂

#ShitThatDidnthappen.jpg

55 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Do they deliver to the site?

23 minutes ago, briever said:

#ShitThatDidnthappen.jpg

That’s very childish Briever. 😢

Everyone’s a liar or has different things experiences from you ? 😂

Have you spoke to your postie about it ? Mines plays golf or meets his daughter for lunch on strike days. Doesn’t even pretend he gives a shit or stand on any picket line ffs. 

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Man, these rail strikes are a nightmare but they have to keep going. This government needs killed by a thousand cuts 

Yep, we use the east coast main line quite a lot and ****s up a lot of plans. 🙄

Nucky Thompson
2 hours ago, periodictabledancer said:

So everyone you know doesn't notice when their mail isn't being delivered ?

That works on so many levels. :rofl:

Everyone I know couldn't tell you what days that they've been on strike.

I would have to google it myself.

I sometimes don't get mail for days and when I do its mostly junk.

All my bank statements etc. are paperless nowadays 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
34 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I do agree with this. Royal Mail strikes make zero impact

On 14/10/2022 at 08:52, Mikey1874 said:

Bit of a move from Labour towards supporting the workers.

Posties don't have a monopoly on the services they provided, much less true in the case of rail workers. I'm sure there will be blame enough for all sides but if they don't fix it others will step in and take their business. 

18 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

I do agree with this. Royal Mail strikes make zero impact

Don't think the thousands of Businesses that rely on them would agree.

Edited by maroondevo52

4 minutes ago, maroondevo52 said:

Don't think the thousands of Businesses that rely on them would agree.

Rely may be too strong, use them may be better. I’d imagine most can easily make contingencies for odd day strikes. Less and less people and businesses solely rely on Royal Mail these days, it’s a saturated market.  

periodictabledancer
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Same energy

alan partridge GIF

Edited by periodictabledancer

5 hours ago, Dazo said:

DjTGZ9wXgAEDS4Y.jpg

Anyone else got good Didn't Happen Of The Year contenders?

periodictabledancer
3 minutes ago, Smithee said:

DjTGZ9wXgAEDS4Y.jpg

Anyone else got good Didn't Happen Of The Year contenders?

:lol:

The amount of sh1t the usual suspects fabricate just to be contrary  is truly  something to behold.