National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Wildcat strike outside Grangemouth this morning.

Sub- contracted Facilities staff out on the picket line in a dispute with their 3rd party employer.

Several other similar actions were taken at other sites across the UK.

I heard it is because some of their grades are paid up to £7 per hour less than their equivalents who are working at Hinckley C. Their pay rates are supposed to be set from what they call the blue book

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

17 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Just to clarify that the pay deal they have offered/imposed is not the main issue here. 

the conditions they want to us to agree to are horrendous. Annualised hours, complete flexibility in our hours, flexibility they control! This would result in an almost complete removal of overtime. Sunday working. Removal of entitlements we currently get. Removal of sick pay.  The whole list is some hard reading. 

don’t let the media spin fool you. This is about changes to our terms and conditions and not pay. Yes we want a pay rise but it’s by no means the main thing 

Do the railways like shops and buses and lots of other things just operate Monday to Friday?

Should shops buses pubs etc charge you more for the weekend or should we all just shut down unless it double bubble .

Asking for a couple of mates who work the weekend to serve you food serve you pints etc etc.

Fekin diddums

The Real Maroonblood
17 hours ago, jamboy1982 said:

Just to clarify that the pay deal they have offered/imposed is not the main issue here. 

the conditions they want to us to agree to are horrendous. Annualised hours, complete flexibility in our hours, flexibility they control! This would result in an almost complete removal of overtime. Sunday working. Removal of entitlements we currently get. Removal of sick pay.  The whole list is some hard reading. 

don’t let the media spin fool you. This is about changes to our terms and conditions and not pay. Yes we want a pay rise but it’s by no means the main thing 

Tell them to ram it.

The Mighty Thor
7 minutes ago, Ked said:

Do the railways like shops and buses and lots of other things just operate Monday to Friday?

Should shops buses pubs etc charge you more for the weekend or should we all just shut down unless it double bubble .

Asking for a couple of mates who work the weekend to serve you food serve you pints etc etc.

Fekin diddums

Is it 'Fekin diddums' for people not getting sick pay under the proposals?

Is it 'Fekin diddums' for people with a contract getting 'rail-roaded' into accepting a much shitter contract?

Asking for other human beings who don't act like a knob. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
12 minutes ago, Ked said:

Fekin diddums

This is a really reductive argument, which politicians love because it helps them to avoid taking responsibility when people turn on each other 

The Real Maroonblood
12 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Is it 'Fekin diddums' for people with a contract getting 'rail-roaded' into accepting a much shitter contract?

:spoton:

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Aye its diddums for all the shopworkers .

But you wid greet like fek paying more for yer shopping or not being able to get it after hours.

If its good enough for the lazy railstaff then it's good enough for the shop staff who were proper front line during covid.

Sick of the greetin from well sorry overpaid eejits who swan about doin fek all.

Human beings get a grip ffs

The Mighty Thor
1 minute ago, Ked said:

But you wid greet like fek paying more for yer shopping or not being able to get it after hours.

If its good enough for the lazy railstaff then it's good enough for the shop staff who were proper front line during covid.

Sick of the greetin from well sorry overpaid eejits who swan about doin fek all.

With respect, given your posting history on this topic I'd suggest that you've got some pretty deep seated issues with regards to the railways and railway staff. Did someone take your train set off you in childhood?

I'm already paying substantially more for my shopping and if the shops were closed 'after hours' then I'd probably shop when they're open.  What I wouldn't do is rant about 'lazy shopworkers' and be hoping they got their contracts shredded.

But then again i'm a reasonable human being who actually respects the work done by service workers, whatever they do. 

49 minutes ago, Ked said:

Fekin diddums

Good one pal. People that apply for jobs at a pub or a restaurant know the days/hours that they are applying for. I applied for a job and entered into a contract to work certain hours over certain days. So stick your fekin diddums up your fekin arse

Edited by jamboy1982

The Real Maroonblood
1 minute ago, jamboy1982 said:

Good one pal. People that apply for jobs at a pub or a restaurant know the days/hours that they are applying for. I applied for a job and entered into a contract to work certain hours over certain days. So stick your fekin diddums up your fekin arse

Fair comment.

Shooter McGavin
13 minutes ago, Ked said:

That wasn’t a pleasant post to read, mate.

It sounds as if it comes from a place of intense bitterness.

Don’t snash and snarl at public sector workers, who make our lives easier and more enjoyable, calling them lazy etc.

You’re playing right into all these politicians hands who want to turn all of us ordinary folks against each other, so them and their rich mates can squeeze us down further and further, and decay our quality of life.

Stop putting a shareholders or CEO’s bank balance above your quality of life. Cause ultimately, that’s what you’re doing when you decide you want to start punching down the way.

dobmisterdobster

The way people use railways in Britain has changed. Commuter numbers haven't come close to pre-pandemic levels and they aren't going to with Zoom and Microsoft Teams being much more prevalent in the workplace.

The entire railway industry has to be reorganised to deal with this new reality. That will include some job losses. I'm sorry but taxpayers won't plug this black hole forever.

10 minutes ago, dobmisterdobster said:

The way people use railways in Britain has changed. Commuter numbers haven't come close to pre-pandemic levels and they aren't going to with Zoom and Microsoft Teams being much more prevalent in the workplace.

The entire railway industry has to be reorganised to deal with this new reality. That will include some job losses. I'm sorry but taxpayers won't plug this black hole forever.

Tax payers aren’t plugging any hole. Tax payers are funding dividend payments for already rich shareholders. 

dobmisterdobster
14 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Tax payers aren’t plugging any hole. Tax payers are funding dividend payments for already rich shareholders. 

£3.5 billion during Covid.

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Fekin diddums

Removal of sick pay is "Feckin diddums"??

57 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

So railway workers didn't know its a service industry 7 days a week.

Or they just thick.

3 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Removal of sick pay is "Feckin diddums"??

Have you seen the sick days accrued by your colleagues in comparison to the real world.

Care to post the figures?

50 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That wasn’t a pleasant post to read, mate.

It sounds as if it comes from a place of intense bitterness.

Don’t snash and snarl at public sector workers, who make our lives easier and more enjoyable, calling them lazy etc.

You’re playing right into all these politicians hands who want to turn all of us ordinary folks against each other, so them and their rich mates can squeeze us down further and further, and decay our quality of life.

Stop putting a shareholders or CEO’s bank balance above your quality of life. Cause ultimately, that’s what you’re doing when you decide you want to start punching down the way.

No bitterness mate.

Just not buying into the downtrodden worker pish.

Now show me shop workers care workers and I will back them.

But I won't be shedding any tears for railway shirkers

I P Knightley
1 hour ago, Ked said:

Have you seen the sick days accrued by your colleagues in comparison to the real world.

Care to post the figures?

What the FFFK are you talking about?

1 hour ago, Ked said:

No bitterness mate.

Just not buying into the downtrodden worker pish.

Now show me shop workers care workers and I will back them.

But I won't be shedding any tears for railway shirkers

I'm sure that was what Shooter was saying though. You can't pick and choose which group of workers deserve support, or not.

He's right. They would shit themselves if everyone got behind everyone and told them enough is enough. The shoots of that are hopefully starting.

1 hour ago, Ked said:

Or they just thick.

We just understand our contracts.

As for sick time, I've actually been off on the sick for 6 weeks now. They literally wouldn't have let me work if I'd showed up.

Jeffros Furios
51 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

What the FFFK are you talking about?

Probably confuses himself...I hope a train crashes into his house :rifle:

2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

£3.5 billion during Covid.

Most of which has been paid out in dividends, or in bonuses to management!

Dennis Reynolds
4 hours ago, Ked said:

Fekin diddums

He was talking about the postal strikes rather than railway strikes I thought. Unless you want to have a go at them as well?

2 hours ago, Ked said:

Or they just thick.

Or maybe they signed a contract that stated their working days were Monday to Saturday. Or that they would have to work one Sunday in 6 but now the company wants to change things 

10 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Or maybe they signed a contract that stated their working days were Monday to Saturday. Or that they would have to work one Sunday in 6 but now the company wants to change things 

He's got a real thing about Sundays.

It's such a non issue as well. I've not worked one in over 6 years but most folk at my work are moaning there aren't enough Sundays in the links 😂. There are more people that want to work them than not.

5 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

He's got a real thing about Sundays.

It's such a non issue as well. I've not worked one in over 6 years but most folk at my work are moaning there aren't enough Sundays in the links 😂. There are more people that want to work them than not.

He does have some real Sunday related issues. It’s also an ardent defender of shop workers! 

Edited by jamboy1982

Malinga the Swinga
43 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

What a nice thing to say. Says quite a lot about you.

Jeffros Furios
8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

What a nice thing to say. Says quite a lot about you.

Coming from you :rofl::rofl:

Malinga the Swinga
17 minutes ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Don't think I've ever wished a train to crash into someone's house. The use of an emoji just confirms you have nothing intelligent to say.

Jeffros Furios
14 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't think I've ever wished a train to crash into someone's house. The use of an emoji just confirms you have nothing intelligent to say.

Hey Dan Wooton is on GB News ..  are you related ? 

fabienleclerq

You would have thought ked had had enough of getting his shite arguments torn to shreds on this thread, reckon he could beat his 7 posts in row soon.

fabienleclerq
4 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Do you use the railway?

Commuter trains are relatively busy but not pre pandemic levels, leisure travel is busier imo.

26 minutes ago, fabienleclerq said:

You would have thought ked had had enough of getting his shite arguments torn to shreds on this thread, reckon he could beat his 7 posts in row soon.

The rage is strong, maybe still holding a grudge from getting kicked off the gravy train? 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, Jeffros Furios said:

Malinga is just arrogant.

Without justification, I hasten to add.

1 hour ago, fabienleclerq said:

Do you use the railway?

Commuter trains are relatively busy but not pre pandemic levels, leisure travel is busier imo.

This.

Although, where I am commuter trains are a lot busier than "relatively". Full and standing again, just not quite as many standing as before.

Leisure travel is much higher than it was before.

dobmisterdobster
12 hours ago, fabienleclerq said:

Do you use the railway?

Yes I do use the railways. I care about statistics not personal anecdotes.

Commuter numbers have not seen the same rate of recovery as leisure and probably won't for some time.

Leisure travel is small potatoes when compared to commuter (People going to the beach aren't buying annual season tickets) and seasonal (i.e. August Heatwave not year round).

If things don't change then there will be a day of Reckoning for the rail industry.

dobmisterdobster
11 hours ago, IronJambo said:

This.

Although, where I am commuter trains are a lot busier than "relatively". Full and standing again, just not quite as many standing as before.

Leisure travel is much higher than it was before.

Half as many according to your employer South Western.

I P Knightley
15 hours ago, Jeffros Furios said:

14 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

15 hours ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

He was talking about the postal strikes rather than railway strikes I thought. Unless you want to have a go at them as well?

Perhaps, as a compromise, we could hope that a train is put through his letterbox?

There. Are we all friends again?

1 hour ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Half as many according to your employer South Western.

I work for GWR. Official figures show 90% of pre pandemic levels. The customer base has certainly shifted.

Directors tell us trains are empty and then contradict themselves in patronising emails that reflect on how great we done in the busy week we just had. 

Valued very highly we are. Every one of us. So much so that our positions and jobs are more expendable than a postman's rubber bands and aren't worth paying properly.

20 minutes ago, I P Knightley said:

Perhaps, as a compromise, we could hope that a train is put through his letterbox?

There. Are we all friends again?

I prefer doing what they do to bad trains such as Henry

image.png.ef7f1e0a01d7b241e5fabd4892d5593d.png

I P Knightley
31 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

I find that image very distressing. I'm signing off sick for the afternoon so I can adjust.

Unknown user
48 minutes ago, milky_26 said:

Ah the old amontillado move, that'll learn him, the bellend

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

I think this is a fake Eddie Dempsey. I've never had a conversation with him where he hasn't said sweary words in the ten years I've known him.

32 minutes ago, IronJambo said:

I think this is a fake Eddie Dempsey. I've never had a conversation with him where he hasn't said sweary words in the ten years I've known him.

A Millwall man. Did he run with the crew? He seems a good lad and is tucking those pints away very expertly.

Edited by ri Alban

21 hours ago, ri Alban said:

A Millwall man. Did he run with the crew? He seems a good lad and is tucking those pints away very expertly.

😂 He couldn't fight sleep!

22 hours ago, ri Alban said:

Mick’s revelling in life as a media personality, he’s never off the telly.

Be on Strictly next and then maybe get a spot on Cash in the Attic.

Weakened Offender
On 10/08/2022 at 20:05, Jeffros Furios said:

Not quite sure you have anywhere near a proper understanding of how trains move about the place. 🤔