National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

Nucky Thompson
7 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

High inflation due to Tory Brexit. Sterling has crashed against the USD. We buy oil on the markets in USD. Tadaa!!!

What other country has inflation at 11% and rising??? Apart from Russia???

Ah right, so Brexit caused inflation in all the other countries in the World :cornette_dog:

It took me 5 seconds to find a huge list of countries with higher inflation than the UK.

Europe alone

Serbia

Hungary

Croatia

Greece

Montenegro

Macedonia

Kosovo

Slovakia

Poland

Bosnia

Romania

Bulgaria

Czech republic

Latvia

Belarus

Russia

Ukraine

Lithuania

Estonia

Moldova

Turkey

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

18 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Ah right, so Brexit caused inflation in all the other countries in the World :cornette_dog:

It took me 5 seconds to find a huge list of countries with higher inflation than the UK.

Europe alone

Serbia

Hungary

Croatia

Greece

Montenegro

Macedonia

Kosovo

Slovakia

Poland

Bosnia

Romania

Bulgaria

Czech republic

Latvia

Belarus

Russia

Ukraine

Lithuania

Estonia

Moldova

Turkey

I didnt suggest Brexit caused inflation anywhere else but that wont suit you. 

Thats a proper comparative list there. So we should be proud as a nation that our 11%+ inflation, weak currency and ruined economy is slighly less worse than Belarus and Moldova?

Yaay. :lol:

(Suppose we are still way better than Zimbabwe & North Korea though eh?). 

Edited by Pans Jambo

Malinga the Swinga
8 hours ago, Cade said:

the government are poor, powerless souls not responsible for anything.

stop picking on them

they've only been in power for twelve years

it's all gordon browns fault

theyre trying their best

leave them alone

Scottish government have been in power for around 12 years, have seen standards in public services fall continually yet

Stop picking on them 

It's all Westminster's fault

They're trying their best

Leave them alone

Whataboutery is a game anyone can play

1 minute ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Scottish government have been in power for around 12 years, have seen standards in public services fall continually yet

Stop picking on them 

Leave them alone

No one quite plays like the downtrodden Scots though. 

I read on here it was 'ordinary' people that were affected by a rail strike.  This was an argument against strikes. 

4 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

I read on here it was 'ordinary' people that were affected by a rail strike.  This was an argument against strikes. 

A media trick...and an old one at that.

Subtlety insert a wee word or phase to undermine a section of the population i.e. striking workers.

Fortunately, you only need to be a tad above a moron to spot it.

Shooter McGavin
24 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

That’s the media wanting working class people to turn on fellow working class people, mate.

Don’t fall for it.

20 minutes ago, Boab said:

A media trick...and an old one at that.

Subtlety insert a wee word or phase to undermine a section of the population i.e. striking workers.

Fortunately, you only need to be a tad above a moron to spot it.

it was an unintentionally ironic take from one of the true blues on here. Another way of looking at it is the people shafting the ordinary people year on year are relatively unaffected. That is where the focus should be for any ordinary punter

Edited by Riccarton3

6 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

That’s the media wanting working class people to turn on fellow working class people, mate.

Don’t fall for it.

I know 👍

Weakened Offender
2 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Europe alone

Serbia

Hungary

Croatia

Greece

Montenegro

Macedonia

Kosovo

Slovakia

Poland

Bosnia

Romania

Bulgaria

Czech republic

Latvia

Belarus

Russia

Ukraine

Lithuania

Estonia

Moldova

Turkey

FFS 😁😁😁

27 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

it was an unintentionally ironic take from one of the true blues on here. Another way of looking at it is the people shafting the ordinary people year on year are relatively unaffected. That is where the focus should be for any ordinary punter

👍

2 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Stop picking on them 

Leave them alone

Pish, Westminster has over 70% of powers in Scotland and frankly, what Scotland does with the rest is just incredible...& how much more can we mitigate or pay for projects that we don't benefit from. Easy to say "whatabootery" but lets have a level playing field. If Scotland was so shite versus UK with 100% powers then you may actually have a point!

2 hours ago, Dazo said:

No one quite plays like the downtrodden Scots though. 

Spoken like someone who is happy with their lot. Ahhh, the sunny uplands...

11 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Spoken like someone who is happy with their lot. Ahhh, the sunny uplands...

Sorry Pans but is that a criticism ? I know you don’t like people doing well themselves but wasn’t sure of your point. 

14 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

downtrodden Scots

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I know you don’t like people doing well themselves

:cornette:

Which one is it? Downtrodden or doing well? :lol:

Point is, I WANT Scotland to do well but it seems we are just moaning, "downtrodden" Scots. Oh well. 

2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

:cornette:

Which one is it? Downtrodden or doing well? :lol:

Point is, I WANT Scotland to do well but it seems we are just moaning, "downtrodden" Scots. Oh well. 

So do I, I’d also like it for if more of us stop blaming a government 300 miles away for anything and everything. Not all of us are downtrodden Pans, this thread has a high percentage mind. 

2 minutes ago, Dazo said:

So do I, I’d also like it for if more of us stop blaming a government 300 miles away for anything and everything. Not all of us are downtrodden Pans, this thread has a high percentage mind. 

There is a degree of having to have the willingness to want to help yourself. But the point is there are those who are are still having to use food banks and have a poor standard of living despite being In full

time employment. That is government failure. 

3 minutes ago, Dazo said:

You don't know the circumstances of those posting. It could  be  well to dos who have concerns about a govt whose protectionism of already seriously wealthy is not even arguable. Take that inflationary dogma- is or isn't depending on who gets the big increases . You don't need to be doing well or struggling to come to the same conclusion there.

The problem the ***** might have eventually, though its happening  now,  is the policy makers/advisors working The PM from the back. There are holes in policy as wide as the Thames and they must believe the sound bytes fed Johnson are enough to convince. But the lines being fed come from people unable to find reverse because of the types they are.

Japan Jambo
3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Europe alone

Serbia

Hungary

Croatia

Greece

Montenegro

Macedonia

Kosovo

Slovakia

Poland

Bosnia

Romania

Bulgaria

Czech republic

Latvia

Belarus

Russia

Ukraine

Lithuania

Estonia

Moldova

Turkey

I believe that the SG approved benchmarks are Norway and Switzerland 😁

Malinga the Swinga
49 minutes ago, Japan Jambo said:

I believe that the SG approved benchmarks are Norway and Switzerland 😁

I believe you are  correct, however you must also ignore the part of them both being amongst the most expensive countries in world to be live in.

Not easy this comparison business.

fabienleclerq
5 hours ago, Dazo said:

So has the government refused to sanction any pay offers ? 

Thats my understanding of it tbh. I think the companies would've agreed it by now. The government want to attach various conditions etc to any pay deal .

41 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

I believe you are  correct, however you must also ignore the part of them both being amongst the most expensive countries in world to be live in.

It's relative is it not?

Earn more so you can afford things that are more expensive yes?

In the UK people in full time work have to go cap in hand for benefits and visit food banks. I would argue its MORE expensive to live here.

EDIT: Norway average salary is $5339 USD per month or over $64K/Year. UK average salary is just £25,971/year. Even allowing for the exchange rate its still £26,564 LESS than you earn in Norway.

Lets just put the shite about it being expensive to bed now eh?

Edited by Pans Jambo

Malinga the Swinga
2 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It's relative is it not?

In the UK people in full time work have to go cap in hand for benefits and visit food banks. I would argue its MORE expensive to live here.

You can argue all you like, and you do. Think I'll stick with official figures rather than a random person who hates UK and blames Scotland's problems on everyone bar the Scottish government.

Just now, Malinga the Swinga said:

You can argue all you like, and you do. Think I'll stick with official figures rather than a random person who hates UK and blames Scotland's problems on everyone bar the Scottish government.

See my edited post. When presented with facts, you just run away.

Shooter McGavin
5 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

It's relative is it not?

Yep, I’d agree with your general idea there.

People in other countries pay more, but get more and they enjoy thriving public sector services etc.

We pay more, and get much less, our public sector services are horrendous due to their neglected management.

People here are working full-time jobs and can’t afford to eat, and people think that’s somehow normal.

Bizarre.

Japan Jambo
1 hour ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Think Switzerland's approach to rolling out the red carpet for the wealthy may contrast somewhat with the Tartaniban's approach to cutting down the tall poppies.  It's good to learn from those who have done well, but in all honesty two entirely different places.

Nucky Thompson
8 hours ago, Pans Jambo said:

I didnt suggest Brexit caused inflation anywhere else but that wont suit you. 

Thats a proper comparative list there. So we should be proud as a nation that our 11%+ inflation, weak currency and ruined economy is slighly less worse than Belarus and Moldova?

Yaay. :lol:

(Suppose we are still way better than Zimbabwe & North Korea though eh?). 

You asked what other country has inflation at 11% and rising and I took seconds to find a list of countries in Europe that were higher than the UK.

It's laughable that you Scottish lefties have to cling on to the SNP's coat tails because Labour are so shite :rofl:

Rail workers already on strike.

Barristers already on strike.

Teachers being balloted.

Doctors being balloted.

Journalists being balloted.

:turmoil:

8 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

You asked what other country has inflation at 11% and rising and I took seconds to find a list of countries in Europe that were higher than the UK.

It's laughable that you Scottish lefties have to cling on to the SNP's coat tails because Labour are so shite :rofl:

I think people were thinking more Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Norway etc rather than Russia and Ukraine, mate !

That's laughable if it wasn't so tragic right now.

dobmisterdobster
13 minutes ago, Cade said:

Teachers being balloted.

Doctors being balloted.

Nothing of value would be lost if they all quit en masse.

Nucky Thompson
7 minutes ago, Boab said:

I think people were thinking more Germany, France, Italy, Sweden, Norway etc rather than Russia and Ukraine, mate !

10 minutes ago, Boab said:

There's only fractions of percentage points between those other European countries and the UK.

Everyone is in the same boat

Shooter McGavin
26 minutes ago, Cade said:

Teachers being balloted.

Doctors being balloted.

British Airways staff too, which could lead to more air travel staff going on strike too of-course.

But it’s all under control, and people who can’t afford to live are just being greedy or something like that.

Am I doing it right?

25 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

There's only fractions of percentage points between those other European countries and the UK.

Everyone is in the same boat

It's not the land of milk and honey elsewhere, I agree, but there's more than a fraction of points with some of the countries I mentioned. A good bit more actually.

Japan Jambo
2 hours ago, dobmisterdobster said:

Nothing of value would be lost if they all quit en masse.

I see unpaid blogging and pimping patreon podcasts in their future if they go down that route and chase off their last few remaining readers

3 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I did mate but Lithuania??? Thought you would have compared the UK to Germany or France such is your lots dilusion that the UK is still a powerhouse :lol:

Nucky Thompson
39 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

I did mate but Lithuania??? Thought you would have compared the UK to Germany or France such is your lots dilusion that the UK is still a powerhouse :lol:

It's you that's trying to make out that high inflation is a UK/Brexit/Tory thing FFS :lol:

The latest inflation figures published is

UK, 9.1% up from 9%

EU as a whole, 8.8% up from 8.1%

Hardy anything in it, but with the EU rate actually rising at a faster rate.

6 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's you that's trying to make out that high inflation is a UK/Brexit/Tory thing FFS :lol:

The latest inflation figures published is

UK, 9.1% up from 9%

EU as a whole, 8.8% up from 8.1%

Hardy anything in it, but with the EU rate actually rising at a faster rate.

Well then. Its all good. Well

done Boris and the tories. See you down the foodbank queue next year when they double the leccy bills…again. 

Nucky Thompson
4 minutes ago, Pans Jambo said:

Well then. Its all good. Well

done Boris and the tories. See you down the foodbank queue next year when they double the leccy bills…again. 

It's not good, it's all shite, but it's the same shite all over the World.

I'm sure I'll be able to ride it out for a wee while 

22 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

It's not good, it's all shite, but it's the same shite all over the World.

I'm sure I'll be able to ride it out for a wee while 

Fairly sure the tories deregulated the energy market then allowed the lifting of the price cap BEFORE Russia invaded Ukraine. The main contributing factors for the rise in inflation in the UK if energy and fuel costs. 
If Sterling was stronger and the tax on fuel Was reduced (& passed on) then we would pay less for fuel and inflation might not be so bad. 

Covid and Ukraine are very welcome deflections and excuses to hide the utter mess these Eton wanks have made of the place since 2010.

The Mighty Thor
14 minutes ago, Cade said:

Covid and Ukraine are very welcome deflections and excuses to hide the utter mess these Eton wanks have made of the place since 2010.

And both are substantial red herrings as to why the UK is in a shit state. 

Here's the 3 reasons chronologically;

1. Gideons austerity policy which was really the start of the transfer of wealth from the public purse to individuals.

2. Brexit - the greatest grift ever pulled. 

3. Johnson - the shittest straight man in organised crime history. 

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Cade said:

Brexit and Tory government are very welcome deflections and excuses to hide the utter mess the SNP government have made of Scotland since 2012.

Pretty easy to use your tactics.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

4 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Brexit and Tory government are very welcome deflections and excuses to hide the utter mess the SNP government have made of Scotland since 2012.

Utter mess? Such as???

Oh wait, NHS, Education etc.? On every measure, still better than rUK (not that thats a good thing mind) but dont let that get in the way of a good slaver. 

6 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

You should run for PM, your lies are too notch. And I'm sure you could mark your neck with blow torch either. 

Anyway. Tick Tock!

Why don't you discuss Brexit and the govt or the SNP since 2012? Once you've got over the idea of everything  being a deflection. Adds **** all

Edited by Riccarton3

maroonlegions
12 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Tactics..:rofl:

Your tactics  are defections, your tactics are to ignore what has been presented about WHY strikes across different industries are happening. 

This meme is one brilliant tactic.  

291043722_10159864042116768_5965971176873813029_n.jpg

maroonlegions

Us posties next on strike.

Our ballot papers are arriving today and its a big fecking yes fae me.

Lets put this in some perspective before the Tory trolls surface.

Rm came out and said there is NO money for a pay rise..???

289058933_406476848183759_3852115367916910585_n.jpg

289075802_406476898183754_4586775606466049649_n.jpg

289039216_406476988183745_2874887272545472916_n.jpg

Edited by maroonlegions

33 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Aye as long as the rich keep getting richer.I have no idea why anybody who isn't a big banker or a CEO wouldn't want folk to earn more money.I thought after the banking crisis things would change but **** me I really hope this time it does.

The Real Maroonblood
2 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

That’s f*****g grotesque