National rail strikes planned by RMT

IronJambo

WorldChampions1902
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Us posties next on strike.

Our ballot papers are arriving today and its a big fecking yes fae me.

Lets put this in some perspective before the Tory trolls surface.

Rm came out and said there is NO money for a pay rise..???

289058933_406476848183759_3852115367916910585_n.jpg

289075802_406476898183754_4586775606466049649_n.jpg

289039216_406476988183745_2874887272545472916_n.jpg

If the Government can find one billion pounds to cover the cost of settling the Great Post Office Scandal, they can damn well afford the relatively trifling amount to give Post Office workers an inflation pay rise. Good luck!

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• IronJambo

• ri Alban

• Ked

• The Real Maroonblood

WorldChampions1902
2 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

Aye as long as the rich keep getting richer.I have no idea why anybody who isn't a big banker or a CEO wouldn't want folk to earn more money.I thought after the banking crisis things would change but **** me I really hope this time it does.

Tories, “We are working towards making the U.K. a high wage economy”.

Workers, “Can we have an inflation pay award that allows our real earnings to stand still?”.

Tories, “Bolt”.

23 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

If the Government can find one billion pounds to cover the cost of settling the Great Post Office Scandal, they can damn well afford the relatively trifling amount to give Post Office workers an inflation pay rise. Good luck!

Isn't royal mail a private company now? If so is there any govt funding or does it all come from their private company/income etc?

1 hour ago, The Real Maroonblood said:

That’s f*****g grotesque

Big fecking yes from me too!! 

WorldChampions1902
1 hour ago, milky_26 said:

Isn't royal mail a private company now? If so is there any govt funding or does it all come from their private company/income etc?

Regardless of the companies status, the government is bankrolling the whole £1 billion bill. That’s taxpayers money. That’s you and I. 

13 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Regardless of the companies status, the government is bankrolling the whole £1 billion bill. That’s taxpayers money. That’s you and I. 

didnt the post office scandal happen when they owned/funded the royal mail? if so they would be liable and are right to fund the £1B but are not responsible for funding any current pay rises. 

by your reasoning any banks that have paid back their bailout should have the government fund pay rises for their rank and file staff

it is the fat cats at the royal mail who you should be having a go at for awarding themselves those rises and bonuses and ignoring the workers at the coal face

WorldChampions1902
1 minute ago, milky_26 said:

didnt the post office scandal happen when they owned/funded the royal mail? if so they would be liable and are right to fund the £1B but are not responsible for funding any current pay rises. 

by your reasoning any banks that have paid back their bailout should have the government fund pay rises for their rank and file staff

it is the fat cats at the royal mail who you should be having a go at for awarding themselves those rises and bonuses and ignoring the workers at the coal face

Apologies, I misunderstood your initial response. You’re point is completely valid. Absolutely, the level of fat cats remuneration detailed above is a disgrace when the workers that helped fund those payouts are expected to accept a real terms pay cut (again). 👍

12 minutes ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Apologies, I misunderstood your initial response. You’re point is completely valid. Absolutely, the level of fat cats remuneration detailed above is a disgrace when the workers that helped fund those payouts are expected to accept a real terms pay cut (again). 👍

👍

maroonlegions
2 hours ago, WorldChampions1902 said:

Cheers, i have 650 calls on my walk, and a high % of them  said you posties deserve it, some said yous worked all through the  whole COVID pandemic, interacting with customers.

Good luck.

Edited by maroonlegions

Fxxx the SPFL
3 hours ago, maroonlegions said:

Cheers, i have 650 calls on my walk, and a high % of them  said you posties deserve it, some said yous worked all through the  whole COVID pandemic, interacting with customers.

Good luck.

No wonder Covid cases exploded with all your interaction with customers 🤣 hope you get a decent pay rise my late auld man was a postie based at the West DO near Haymarket not sure if it’s still there.

Malinga the Swinga

Years ago a postal strike would have been a major event. Now, who gives a toss. It's not exactly a skilled job that takes years to learn.

These days, it's an extremely limited of mail that is vital, other companies will pick up slack so if workers want to strike, it's up to them.

As for bosses pay, seems excessively high but I have no idea what his responsibilities are, whether he has delivered his targets or whether he is a far cat with his nose in the trough.

Edited by Malinga the Swinga

Unknown user

I was against the rail workers action but I've had a long think about this. That was purely from an "Oh my god the whole place is ****ed" point of view, it seemed mental that people wanted more while the rest of us are crushed.

But I was wrong, we all deserve more, every last one of us on the lower rungs. There's no reason anyone in this country should be living in poverty, we should all have comfortable lives. The fact that we don't is a choice from those in power.

The workers are right to fight for their income and standard of living against an establishment that uses as all.

How about this year those ***** make a loss for a change, how about no dividends or payrises at the top for 10 years instead of austerity for us. We didn't **** the economy up, you pay for it this time.

Edited by Smithee

2 minutes ago, Smithee said:

I was against the rail workers action but I've had a long think about this. That was purely from an "Oh my god the whole place is ****ed" point of view, it seemed mental that people wanted more while the rest of us are crushed.

But I was wrong, we all deserve more, every last one of us on the lower rungs. There's no reason anyone in this country should be living in poverty, we should all have comfortable lives. The fact that we don't is a choice from those in power.

The workers are right to fight for their income standard of living against an establishment that uses as all.

How about this year those ***** make a loss for a change, how about no dividends or payrises at the top for 10 years instead of austerity for us. We didn't **** the economy up, you pay for it this time.

That's the tired line from those snakes...we can't afford wage rises !

They can **** off !

It used to be, we can't afford inflation busting rises. OK then, give them rises below the inflation rate. 5% minimum.

11 hours ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Years ago a postal strike would have been a major event. Now, who gives a toss. It's not exactly a skilled job that takes years to learn.

These days, it's an extremely limited of mail that is vital, other companies will pick up slack so if workers want to strike, it's up to them.

As for bosses pay, seems excessively high but I have no idea what his responsibilities are, whether he has delivered his targets or whether he is a far cat with his nose in the trough.

Not a skilled job maybe but to say anyone who can do it is nonsense. I’ve seen plenty people come in and not be able to hack it. I’ve seen soldiers who served in Afghan and Iraq quit after a week or so!! It takes a certain skill level to the job well. 

im aware you’re probably on the wind up and trolling for a bite. 

Malinga the Swinga
5 minutes ago, jamboy1982 said:

Not a skilled job maybe but to say anyone who can do it is nonsense. I’ve seen plenty people come in and not be able to hack it. I’ve seen soldiers who served in Afghan and Iraq quit after a week or so!! It takes a certain skill level to the job well. 

im aware you’re probably on the wind up and trolling for a bite. 

Not trolling. Okay, anyone who can walk, read addresses and carry a bag could do it.

The soldiers would perhaps quit because of the tedious and banal nature of work.

Any other skills?

WorldChampions1902
8 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Not trolling. Okay, anyone who can walk, read addresses and carry a bag could do it.

The soldiers would perhaps quit because of the tedious and banal nature of work.

Any other skills?

I live in a rural area and our Post men and women are a godsend. There have been quite a few notable occasions locally where their caring attitude has saved lives. Many also kept an eye out for the elderly and the infirm and during COVID, all sorts of fantastic gestures were regularly undertaken by posties.

Whether you are a rail worker, a nurse or a postie, we all work hard and should not have to endure real terms pay cuts. If employers feel that they can relentlessly inflict that on their staff without repercussions, they really are deluded. The worm is finally turning and the workers in this country have had enough.

Jeffros Furios

Who on earth gave the guy in charge of Edinburgh Trams his contract ?? 

Big **** off pay rise and bonus ..

This one is on Edinburgh Council .

Shooter McGavin
46 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Any other skills?

Looking down on people who just want a better standard of life, for their excellent service to their communities, isn’t a good look mate.

Also, you are aware that our every day lives depend on people carrying out, what you disrespectfully call, “tedious and banal” natures of work?

Malinga the Swinga
1 hour ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Looking down on people who just want a better standard of life, for their excellent service to their communities, isn’t a good look mate.

Also, you are aware that our every day lives depend on people carrying out, what you disrespectfully call, “tedious and banal” natures of work?

Yep, but this was strictly referring to postmen/women and how skilled it is.

Don't look down on anyone but also don't believe that particular job requires particularly difficult skillset.

11 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Don't look down on anyone but also don't believe that particular job requires particularly difficult skillset.

So **** them is your answer because they are not skilled.

Shooter McGavin
15 minutes ago, Malinga the Swinga said:

Whether you believe the job requires a “particularly difficult skillset” or not is irrelevant.

We rely on them, and they deserve a good standard of life, which is why they shouldn’t accept their wages dropping.

Dennis Reynolds

I look forward to all these other companies waltzing into Royal Mail sorting offices and being able to do this work instantly. 

It's also well known that all these companies have the extra staff to deal with all the extra work. Piece of piss guys. It's just walking about ffs.

Spoiler

:vrface:

Shooter McGavin
2 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I look forward to all these other companies waltzing into Royal Mail sorting offices and being able to do this work instantly. 

It's also well known that all these companies have the extra staff to deal with all the extra work. Piece of piss guys. It's just walking about ffs.

Reveal hidden contents

:vrface:

Yep, I might become a formula 1 driver seeing as it’s just driving about, or a Michelin starred chef seeing as it’s just cooking and that.

11 minutes ago, Shooter McGavin said:

Whether you believe the job requires a “particularly difficult skillset” or not is irrelevant.

We rely on them, and they deserve a good standard of life, which is why they shouldn’t accept their wages dropping.

Of course they do. I know a few posties and they are run off their feet on a daily basis. They deserve every rise coming to them.

Shooter McGavin
1 minute ago, Boab said:

Of course they do. I know a few posties and they are run off their feet on a daily basis. They deserve every rise coming to them.

100% agree

These people should be aspiring to being more than posties. Only themselves to blame. Wrapped up in their family life, paying for weddings, caring for elderly parents. Feck em.

8 minutes ago, Riccarton3 said:

These people should be aspiring to being more than posties. Only themselves to blame. Wrapped up in their family life, paying for weddings, caring for elderly parents. Feck em.

Correct. They should sponsor their walking aboot ! 

Make a fortune !

BT staff to go on strike too.

BT’s chief executive Philip Jansen, who received a 32%pay rise last year to £3.5m due to bonuses and share awards, has said the company cannot afford to sweeten its staff deal. BT made almost £2bn in profits for the year to the end of March, with shareholders receiving £700m in dividends.

Ward also accused BT and other telecom companies of profiteering by putting up prices for consumers by up to 10% earlier this year at a time when inflation was about 5% – it has since risen to 9.1%.

May have to re-name this thread "official national strike thread"

I think society is at a massive point here. Capitalism has reached the tipping point. The greed for more and more money is pushing the workers to the limit and beyond. The sheer gall and openness with how these evil companies are operating is being laid bare for all to see. How the workers and the general public respond will set the path for how we continue as a society. 

Capitalism can never succeed forever as those at the top can never be satisfied. 

Shooter McGavin

Multi-billion pound businesses, who pay their CEO’s and directors millions in bonuses, telling people they can’t afford pay rises for their staff,

and people are thick enough to actually believe them, and even worse, defend them…

maroonlegions
On 29/06/2022 at 22:38, Malinga the Swinga said:

This is from a man that has NEVER been in this job. You reek of utter ignorance and your ability to see beyond your own self importance over the real importance of others in whatever unskilled job is  gobsmacking ..

You also no feck all about WHY we posties are striking. I could post a whole lot of things direct from our unions negotiation team  that meat with RM bosses but as you have your arse up your sun dont shine all the time its pointless.

You really are very thick in understanding the utter misery of most folk in unskilled jobs or are a person who has not one bit of human empathy for others .

We are striking on a WHOLE range of issues that attack or working conditions  and not just pay. And by the way like the NHS nurses and doctors that like us WORKED through the WHOLE COVID pandemic we were acknowledged as "KEY WORKERS"..

You would have the same attitude towards NHS nurses and doctors that you would expect to treat you if ever you needed it.

:bolt: 

I'm all for being the low paid up the ladder. People on 50 grand and over wanting 10%, not so sure.

maroonlegions
On 30/06/2022 at 12:59, Riccarton3 said:

OK, the next time you need a important NHS appointment letter , or a something important like yer season ticket , go get it yer self ya lazy ******. Next you will be saying those bin men who do a very important job in taking away all yer shite only have their self tae blame.

Utter shite you posted but you knew that..  

21 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

OK, the next time you need a important NHS appointment letter , or a something important like yer season ticket , go get it yer self ya lazy ******. Next you will be saying those bin men who do a very important job in taking away all yer shite only have their self tae blame.

Think it was sarcastic or even satirical, mate ?

🥴

23 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

He's only joking bud. 

@Boab Beat me to it.

Edited by ri Alban

Percival King
On 29/06/2022 at 15:21, WorldChampions1902 said:

Maybe the government can't afford the cost of settling the scandal but they hopefully will still have to settle it. These Post Office staff and sub-postmasters have been treated absolutely disgracefully by the Post Office and failed by Labour, Conservative and Lib-Dem politicians and, at the absolute least, they deserve to br compensated regardless of how much it costs the government or the taxpayer. I wouldn't link that to what pay rise postal workers might deserve.

Nucky Thompson
50 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Feck off.

It doesn't matter how important the mail is, it's your job to stick it through the letterbox.

Just like all the fecking junk leaflets I get.

Every bit of correspondence will go online before long and your job will become redundant :welldone:

We'll just use private companies to deliver parcels 

WorldChampions1902
27 minutes ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Feck off.

It doesn't matter how important the mail is, it's your job to stick it through the letterbox.

Every bit of correspondence will go online before long and your job will become redundan:welldone:

You reckon?

Given the views of some on here about year on year real terms pay cuts for those “not deemed worthy”, eventually people can barely afford to eat and/or heat. Which means ‘luxuries’ such as Broadband and/or computers/hand held devices become an impossibility for many. In such a scenario, how do people receive their mail?

Oh, BTW, there will always be an element in society who refuse to engage with Information Technology.

AlimOzturk
1 hour ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Feck off.

Every bit of correspondence will go online before long and your job will become redundant :welldone:

You are genuinely a prick. Anyone who is willing to look their nose down on someone else’s profession is complete roaster. Simple as that. Someone who willing to rejoice in the potential loss of someone’s job is equally a roaster. And tbh though out this thread you seem like a roaster. 

**** off. Congratulations btw, first ever poster I am going block. 

I welcome any mod infractions coming my way for the above statement. 

Dennis Reynolds

Belittling low paid workers and then greeting that it causes carnage when they choose to strike is quite the take btw. Even for JKB, that's impressive.

Nucky Thompson
42 minutes ago, AlimOzturk said:

You are genuinely a prick. Anyone who is willing to look their nose down on someone else’s profession is complete roaster. Simple as that. Someone who willing to rejoice in the potential loss of someone’s job is equally a roaster. And tbh though out this thread you seem like a roaster. 

**** off. Congratulations btw, first ever poster I am going block. 

I welcome any mod infractions coming my way for the above statement. 

I wasn't turning my nose up at all.

He was bigging up about delivering NHS letters and Hearts season tickets.

Just saying he's not important as he thinks he is.

I'm probably a roaster in a lot of people's eyes on here, equally I think the place is full of roasters.

No congratulations needed, you've probably joined a big list.

Your post is hardly infraction worthy either

maroonlegions
17 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

I wasn't turning my nose up at all.

He was bigging up about delivering NHS letters and Hearts season tickets.

Just saying he's not important as he thinks he is.

I'm probably a roaster in a lot of people's eyes on here, equally I think the place is full of roasters.

No congratulations needed, you've probably joined a big list.

Your post is hardly infraction worthy either

Bigging up??  You are one arrogant and ignorant individual. Tell me  this, see those bin men that take  away all yer shite in bins in most weathers  are they important?? Do they think they are MORE important than they think??

And by the way mr ignorant my job does not  just involved posting NHS letters ect. 

it also  involves checking up on lots of old people on my round. I had deliver letters and packets in their homes cause  some can't or have difficulty in reaching down and some are i wheelchairs. I have also helped some of my elderly customers in with their shopping and even had a case were an old women asked me to help her with something she was having trouble doing.  

Also i take it YOU worked RIGHT through the COVID outbreak.

Anyway put  this narrative into your think tank.

The Royal Mail board and top shareholders were given £400 MILLION dividends based on the PAST success of the company.

Our CEO was and other members of the board were ALSO rewarded for the past success of the company.

Yet one of the groups who worked on the front line ALL through COVID ,and who  thoroughly deserve a reward the most are told there is no money and that their PAST efforts are GONE because of the headwinds in the future.

Utter hypocrisy and a kick in the baws to us front line workers..  

And bigging up that you are on a big ignore list is nothing to brag about.

Edited by maroonlegions

fabienleclerq
20 hours ago, Nucky Thompson said:

Feck off.

What a scumbag you are.

fabienleclerq
21 hours ago, ri Alban said:

I'm all for being the low paid up the ladder. People on 50 grand and over wanting 10%, not so sure.

Where do you draw the line though? Surely then putting in the work to get to a job with 50k becomes pointless if it gets drawn towards others in salary that are easier to get?

Nucky Thompson
52 minutes ago, maroonlegions said:

Bigging up??  You are one arrogant and ignorant individual. Tell me  this, see those bin men that take  away all yer shite in bins in most weathers  are they important?? Do they think they are MORE important than they think??

And by the way mr ignorant my job does not  just involved posting NHS letters ect. 

it also  involves checking up on lots of old people on my round. I had deliver letters and packets in their homes cause  some can't or have difficulty in reaching down and some are i wheelchairs. I have also helped some of my elderly customers in with their shopping and even had a case were an old women asked me to help her with something she was having trouble doing.  

Also i take it YOU worked RIGHT through the COVID outbreak.

Anyway put  this narrative into your think tank.

The Royal Mail board and top shareholders were given £400 MILLION dividends based on the PAST success of the company.

Our CEO was and other members of the board were ALSO rewarded for the past success of the company.

Yet one of the groups who worked on the front line ALL through COVID ,and who  thoroughly deserve a reward the most are told there is no money and that their PAST efforts are GONE because of the headwinds in the future.

Utter hypocrisy and a kick in the baws to us front line workers..  

And bigging up that you are on a big ignore list is nothing to brag about.

Aye, I worked through covid. 

I work outside and for myself, so I had no choice.

Load of shite shutting everything down anyway, but that's for another thread.