Johnson confidence vote is on

Geoff Kilpatrick

40 minutes ago, Dazo said:

I just think it was needless to add poor. I know plenty people with money who are workshy lazy *******s. I haven’t read it fully or  have the data to agree or disagree what she said but on the face of it I don’t think it’s the worse thing she has said or too far off the mark. 

It was a terrible remark, D, and she must think we are all as daft as her if we don't see the inference between “ lazy “ and “ we can pay the foreign guys buttons “ intention of her remarks.

Maybe she will retract it and that will be another couple added onto the many.

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• The Mighty Thor

• ri Alban

• jack D and coke

• Victorian

Konrad von Carstein
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Now this would have been the ideal time for one of your shite Nazi analogies.

You really need to up your game. 

Dinny encourage him/her/it...

JudyJudyJudy
1 hour ago, Ainsley Harriott said:
obstinate or unreasonable attachment to a belief, opinion, or faction; in particular, prejudice against a person or people on the basis of their membership of a particular group.

You sure it's not? I think you need to educate yourself.

It got even worse 

Dennis Reynolds
12 hours ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Referring to someone as scum and shouting abuse at them based on their membership of a group is the definition of bigotry. I've called it out before and I will say it again the nationalist movement in Scotland is full of bigots and tonight goes to underline that.

I've seen you use the word F*nian on this website (that was very quickly edited) so maybe leave the sanctimonious hypocritical bigot pish out of it eh?

Ainsley Harriott
46 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

I've seen you use the word F*nian on this website (that was very quickly edited) so maybe leave the sanctimonious hypocritical bigot pish out of it eh?

Definitely haven't but nice try

jack D and coke
49 minutes ago, Dennis Reynolds said:

It’s the word yuppy he should’ve edited out of an earlier post imo. 
**** me man. 

Ainsley Harriott
47 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It got even worse 

Unbelievable the people we share a country with. To think their cheerleaders frequent this board as well.

The Mighty Thor
Just now, Ainsley Harriott said:

Unbelievable the people we share a country with. To think their cheerleaders frequent this board as well.

To think there's already multiple posts on another thread where your chums are getting themselves all afroth.

Roundly condemned by the First Minister too.

Unbelievable 

JudyJudyJudy
3 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Well that’s  democracy for you 

JudyJudyJudy
1 minute ago, The Mighty Thor said:

To think there's already multiple posts on another thread where your chums are getting themselves all afroth.

Roundly condemned by the First Minister too.

Unbelievable 

It’s not been “ roundly “ condemned , she has only condemned the abuse to a reporter . No daft as they need the media on their side . Just like others have in the past ! 

Dennis Reynolds
15 minutes ago, Ainsley Harriott said:

Definitely haven't but nice try

Was this post here. I'm sure the mods can confirm though if you feel so strongly that you didn't....

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

It’s not been “ roundly “ condemned , she has only condemned the abuse to a reporter . No daft as they need the media on their side . Just like others have in the past ! 

so she condemned it then?

JudyJudyJudy
4 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

so she condemned it then?

she  condemned some of it ,. Yes. 

The Mighty Thor
4 minutes ago, JudyJudyJudy said:

she  condemned some of it ,. Yes. 

Excellent.

And rightly so, regardless of how the BBC operates.

JudyJudyJudy
11 minutes ago, The Mighty Thor said:

Excellent.

And rightly so, regardless of how the BBC operates.

Come on she has STV in her pocket, Cant have all the broadcasters in the SNP pocket.  Theres a name for that. 

I P Knightley
4 hours ago, ri Alban said:

She's denying she said it. 🤣.

And why are they going to NI?

I heard Sunak referencing Wales, Scotland and England but didn't mention NI in his hustings presentation yesterday.

No doubt they'll find a hundred trusty tories to sit in a hall while the pair of them prattle on with the same old shite.

What happened last night, did Scottish people say some bad words to Truss, Sunak and their mouthpiece BBC? 

No I wasn't there, I didn't have any hand grenades, so no point.

2 minutes ago, ri Alban said:

What happened last night, did Scottish people say some bad words to Truss, Sunak and their mouthpiece BBC? 

No I wasn't there, I didn't have any hand grenades, so no point.

Some of the more excitable lunatic fringe of the independence movement were throwing eggs and spitting at audience members as they went in, which is unacceptable behaviour.

Banners and heckling is one thing.

Throwing things and gobbing is another matter.

All that kind of shite does is harm the cause.

Just now, Cade said:

Some of the more excitable lunatic fringe of the independence movement were throwing eggs and spitting at audience members as they went in, which is unacceptable behaviour.

Banners and heckling is one thing.

Throwing things and gobbing is another matter.

All that kind of shite does is harm the cause.

That's horrid. I want independence but ffs we are all humans at the end of the day.

People are vile

Productivity has been widely researched and analysed. 

In terms of the UK, its basically due to lack of investment in technology and other modernisation. Not some fantasy that can be blamed on workers. 

No sign at all the Government understands that. Dominic Cummings might be an a*hole but he was trying to change that and he got sacked. 

6 weeks to pick a leader. They were never picking a non white anyway, so get on with it.

Edited by ri Alban

1 hour ago, ri Alban said:

6 weeks to pick a leader. They were never picking a non white anyway, so get on with it.

Aw that’s cute, Thor will be so proud. Is it just the Tories that are racist ? 

SectionDJambo
3 hours ago, ri Alban said:

It seems to show a complete disconnection between the Parliamentary Conservatives and the membership. The MPs probably know how Sunak and Truss work, and their capabilities. The membership like soundbites and will have their biases, like any cross section of society. The majority of MPs wanted Sunak. The membership overwhelmingly want Truss.

It looks like the MPs are going to get a leader that they don't rate, but will speak up for just to get a government job. This can be seen in the widespread switch of sides from Sunak to Truss.

It can't be good for their chances at the next General Election, which isn't far away.

jack D and coke

Sunak been sitting on the recording of Truss saying people outside London are lazy?

These people hate each other man😂

I wonder what these Tories really think of us sweatys…

:wattie:

25 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sunak been sitting on the recording of Truss saying people outside London are lazy?

These people hate each other man😂

I wonder what these Tories really think of us sweatys…

:wattie:

They should be asking themselves why productivity is much better in Germany.Would be willing to bet it's because of much better work infustructure and a better balance with home life than it is that us Brits are lazy.**** these ****ers would love us to be China slave to 100 hour working weeks for a shit pence.

40 minutes ago, SectionDJambo said:

It seems to show a complete disconnection between the Parliamentary Conservatives and the membership. The MPs probably know how Sunak and Truss work, and their capabilities. The membership like soundbites and will have their biases, like any cross section of society. The majority of MPs wanted Sunak. The membership overwhelmingly want Truss.

It looks like the MPs are going to get a leader that they don't rate, but will speak up for just to get a government job. This can be seen in the widespread switch of sides from Sunak to Truss.

It can't be good for their chances at the next General Election, which isn't far away.

Which is good in my book. 

Hope she gets it as it will bring about their demise.

The perfect definition of turkeys voting for Christmas !

Bring it on !

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Which is good in my book. 

Hope she gets it as it will bring about their demise.

The perfect definition of turkeys voting for Christmas !

Bring it on !

I wouldn't be so sure they won't get in.I really can't fathom out the electorate at all.

The Mighty Thor
2 hours ago, Dazo said:

Aw that’s cute, Thor will be so proud. Is it just the Tories that are racist ? 

Perhaps you could take a minute to explain this one?

Are you suggesting that i'm racist?

1 minute ago, vegas-voss said:

I wouldn't be so sure they won't get in.I really can't fathom out the electorate at all.

Me neither but if even the English electorate think she's a bomb scare, which is very likely, there is a chance.

1 minute ago, Boab said:

Me neither but if even the English electorate think she's a bomb scare, which is very likely, there is a chance.

But Starmer is dull.

I mean who gives a **** he is a politician he is meant to be dull.I also don't get what has happened but folk now seem to associate when voting in elections we vote for the Prime Minister ( USA style President ) other than the party.Media and TV has a lot to answer for.

jack D and coke
13 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

They should be asking themselves why productivity is much better in Germany.Would be willing to bet it's because of much better work infustructure and a better balance with home life than it is that us Brits are lazy.**** these ****ers would love us to be China slave to 100 hour working weeks for a shit pence.

Charter cities or freeports are their next idea. You ain’t seen nothing yet. 
Cities owned by companies. Sunak pushing for this. 
Terrifying. 

5 minutes ago, vegas-voss said:

But Starmer is dull.

I mean who gives a **** he is a politician he is meant to be dull.I also don't get what has happened but folk now seem to associate when voting in elections we vote for the Prime Minister ( USA style President ) other than the party.Media and TV has a lot to answer for.

I believe it is more sinister than that tbh. The media, yes, have a lot of sway but for pretty nefarious reasons. The last GE was testament to that.

If Starmer was outed as a deep plant, I wouldn't be shocked. No one could be so deliberately useless.

jack D and coke
2 minutes ago, Footballfirst said:

Sunak caught out again trying to act as the common man.  Maybe he should try Pizza Express.

The more he tries to act like one of the people the dafter he looks.

D3F76141-411A-470C-A37C-31E18622BF9A.jpeg

3 hours ago, vegas-voss said:

But Starmer is dull.

This is the best that some people can muster from the franchise.  Too lazy or disinterested to bother with details and policies.  The sum total of their informed choice is to rely on a veneer of impression gained from a face,  a voice,  a manner,  a perceived personality.  It's a very real thing for quite possibly millions.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

The more he tries to act like one of the people the dafter he looks.

D3F76141-411A-470C-A37C-31E18622BF9A.jpeg

You can’t live your whole adult life disconnected from the real world and then suddenly look like a man of the people. They’re a pair of absolute gimps and this contest makes your realise that becoming prime minister is all about right time, right place - zero to do with talent or suitability.

In any case, Truss is going to win this easy.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
1 minute ago, Victorian said:

This is the best that some people can muster from the franchise.  Too lazy or disinterested to bother with details and policies.  The sum total of their informed choice is to rely on a veneer of impression gained from a face,  a voice,  a manner,  a perceived personality.  It's a very real thing for quite possibly millions.

Is this, though, partly because most policies are either half-baked, unachievable, abandoned before long or inconsistent? You can basically ride a coach and horses through every party manifesto. Ask even basic questions and the ideas fall apart

Just now, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Is this, though, partly because most policies are either half-baked, unachievable, abandoned before long or inconsistent? You can basically ride a coach and horses through every party manifesto. Ask even basic questions and the ideas fall apart

Probably feeds in,  yes.  But also a universal belief that every politician is equally useless,  dishonest,  corrupt.  Which is simply not true.

jack D and coke
3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

You can’t live your whole adult life disconnected from the real world and then suddenly look like a man of the people. They’re a pair of absolute gimps and this contest makes your realise that becoming prime minister is all about right time, right place - zero to do with talent or suitability.

In any case, Truss is going to win this easy.

Sunak or anyone like him should never get within a million miles of actual govt. He’s from a different universe to normal people. 
Truss seems to come from better stock but has freshly ground mince for brains. 

Dusk_Till_Dawn
3 minutes ago, jack D and coke said:

Sunak or anyone like him should never get within a million miles of actual govt. He’s from a different universe to normal people. 
Truss seems to come from better stock but has freshly ground mince for brains. 

Truss has completely lost touch with whatever grounding she had. Keeps going on about how she’s from Leeds. **** me, I live in Leeds and she clearly has no idea about the people or the place

3 minutes ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Truss has completely lost touch with whatever grounding she had. Keeps going on about how she’s from Leeds. **** me, I live in Leeds and she clearly has no idea about the people or the place

I wish they'd clamp down on graffiti on the way into Leeds in the A660, it looks terrible, I love going to Leeds had no idea Truss said she's from there.

Dusk_Till_Dawn
Just now, Dawnrazor said:

I wish they'd clamp down on graffiti on the way into Leeds in the A660, it looks terrible, I love going to Leeds had no idea Truss said she's from there.

Leeds had become full of murals and Leeds United street art since the Bielsa era started. That stuff is really cool (or I think so). But like a lot of big cities, it needs a tidy up and it needs investment 

1 minute ago, Dusk_Till_Dawn said:

Leeds had become full of murals and Leeds United street art since the Bielsa era started. That stuff is really cool (or I think so). But like a lot of big cities, it needs a tidy up and it needs investment 

I don't mind the murals, it's the other shite like names and just rubbish wee shapes and the like, some of the Bielsa ones are really good, there's one on the left on the way out that covers the whole gable end of a pub and it's really well done.

15 hours ago, Dawnrazor said:

I don't mind the murals, it's the other shite like names and just rubbish wee shapes and the like, some of the Bielsa ones are really good, there's one on the left on the way out that covers the whole gable end of a pub and it's really well done.

Does/Would giving up designated space for graffiti/art, help keep the the rest of the place clear? Just wondering.

Seems Tories can wilfully kill thousands of people each year with their policies, yet some get upset when others want to return it in kind. 

Tory"we can't do that, the people will boo us and hold up signs" :rofl:

Maybe if. " We can do that they people will :hang: us" we'd get somewhere.